Thread: Dual parents

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dual parents

How many people here have parents that are their duals?

Do you know IRL other people that do? Did you notice any difference between the people that have, and those that don't?

What I mean to say isn't parents that are dual to each other, but just one parent being the dual of the son (although it would be even more interesting to analyze the situation in which there's both parents that are duals, and the parent being the dual of the son/daughter)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine are both in my neighboring quadra I believe.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My father is ESTj. We've always gotten along well. I'm his favorite of his 6 (soon to be 7) children.

my relationship with my ESFp mother, on the other hand, is not so good... not at all.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mother and father are one another's duals but sadly i am their beneficiary and supervisee, respectively.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    my mother and father are one another's duals but sadly i am their beneficiary and supervisee, respectively.
    Same for me.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    Same for me.
    did you think it kinda sucked?

not to dwell on my childhood or anything......

ILE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ISFp father was my ENTp brother's dual.

What I observed is that duality did not seem to overrule the "usual" father-son relationships as we were growing up; it became very obvious, though, after my brother married and moved out.

Also, my father definitely welcomed my brother's Ti, from a very early age on, while my Te bothered him greatly.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mom and brother are duals. There was the usual teenage rebellion stuff. But my brother has certainly always gotten along better with my mom than my dad, and she tried to mediate between them pretty often. And my mom and brother are pretty tight now.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My mom is ESFj and my dad is INTj. They are so comfortable around each other and always get along great. They balance each other out really well.

However, ESFjs have a bad habit of giving people want they want, not necessarily what they need. So she really spoils us way too much, and it really fucked up my social skills in the process. I'm not blaming my mother, but really, I've been coddled so much already that I pretty much break in a million pieces at anything that requires a little bit of effort. I am just so naturally sensitive and I hate that. People can appreciate it, but usually they don't. I just wish I didn't exist sometimes, but oh well what are ya gonna do? If I kill myself I'd just be letting my enemies win. =)

Also I can't talk with her about anything deep. It's like there's nothing there. I feel sometimes she's just this vapid, gaping maw. We can at least stimulate activity with my introvertedness and her extroverdness but I don't think those things are necessarily naturally compatible. (I feel 'real love' with introverts a lot easier) I dunno why so many psychologists insist on turning our complex natures into some fucking batteries where + always has to line up with -. Dunno. The model looks too 'perfect' I just wanna rip it off the wall.

She's also crazy and is smart, but she tries to act like a dumb blonde and hide it. She also wears clothes that aren't for her age at all and just look pathetic on her. Drives me crazy. My dad puts some sense into her though, and in return she helps him be more confident.

Also I hate ESFjs because when I'm emo and I need somebody to just understand my emo-ness and not judge me for it (shut up we all get that way sometimes) she just...it's impossible for her to do that. She responds only to rational thought really, if you get just as emotional as her she doesn't know how to handle it and will do the blame game.

I'm sure most ESFjs are respectable and hard-working people though. I do admire some of their strengths, though it's their weaknesses I can't stand... typical I guess. I don't love 'all of them' I can't. Whatever they are they are not my duals. (please no offense to this, no ESFjs were harmed in the making of this post)

Creepy-bg

yeah man... I think it's just your mom. My mom's ESFj and quite different than that description.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same for me.

Yes. It really sucked! Actually, it still sucks.

I'm always wrong, no matter what I do. And everything that goes wrong? my fault.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same for me.

Yes. It really sucked! Actually, it still sucks.

I'm always wrong, no matter what I do. And everything that goes wrong? my fault.
    i totally relate to this. and you are right, it still sucks. the relationships my parents have with my siblings are soooo much better and it's tough to be the one who's always in the dog house. sibling one has a lookalike and illusionary relationships with my parents and sibling 2 has mirror and activity relations with my parents...his wife is my mom's dual and my dad's identical. so i'm sure you can totally visualize how this plays out. lol.

when my humor goes anti-Fi it's quite a sight to behold. LOL!!!!!

ILE