Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which type tends to be the laziest?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type tends to be the laziest?

Keeping in mind that ANY of us can struggle with being lazy, which type if any tends to struggle the most with this? That is, often lacks initiative wrt setting up and accomplishing tasks of any kind?

It's got to be some type of Ixxp. I've read support for ISFp, INFp, INTp, and ISTp each "being the laziest" - ie, to battle sloth on average wrt physical activity (getting up and MOVing). Which really needs that "jolt" from their dual in order set goals and/or to get moving the most? ISFp from ENTp? INTp from ESFp? Etc.?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps, ie ME.

Actually, if it's anything that interests me i put in 100%+ effort. Everything else gets like 5%

Even breathing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    ISTps, ie ME.

Actually, if it's anything that interests me i put in 100%+ effort. Everything else gets like 5%

Even breathing.
    Have you ever known any ENFps who have successfully motivated you to get off your ass and move?

:wink:

And inspire you toward bigger and better things for yourself?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, and the funny thing is , they usually don't even have to SAY anything. If it's a goal like knowing a martial art or a process like knowing japanese, and I have an interest in it but never got off my butt to do it, i usually get pretty motivated when I see someone doing it/speaking it.

If I hang around em long enough, i'd be motivated to do pretty much anything. Now that I think about it, ENFp's are pretty bad ass!

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does anyone know how *not* to be lazy? It's a mystery to me. I can't seem to get myself to do anything...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me, absolutely. (istp)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    does anyone know how *not* to be lazy? It's a mystery to me. I can't seem to get myself to do anything...
    I wish I knew. Unfortunately the only things I've found to motivate me are uh..substances and other people pushing me to do things. I can't be bothered to do much unless someone pushes me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

substances like CRACK COCAINE?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, since it's not bad for you.

:wink:

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cocaine is really good!ª

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    Cocaine is really good!ª
    Post time: 4:20
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So yeah, we can all conclude that IxxP's are lazy fucks. anyone else?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I was going to give a detailed answer to this, but I couldn't be bothered.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few months back...hmmm, quite a few actually...one regular poster claimed to be ISFp for the main reason of being lazy.
    Even despite arguments that "isfp != lazy".

A lot of people seem to think that Si = lazy. But I've known a number of SiXe people who do a lot of things, mostly physical in nature.

Richard (SiFe) and I (NeFi) argue kind of regularly over who is lazier, he or I. I say I am lazier because I don't do much of the physical tasks around the home, nor have an outside job, nor have an outside job AND do the majority of the physical tasks at home. He says HE is lazier because he doesn't spend time expanding his mind nor his interests and doesn't like to study anything. It's a good relationship: I get to be "lazy" and do only limited housework tasks while spending a lot of time enjoying myself with a good book; He gets to be "lazy" and just focus on getting various chores/tasks done without having to fight with the books.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Uhh...nevermind.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISxps need leisure time, and that can be seen as laziness by others, but I don't think that's a fair characterization. When something important needs to be done, they will work very hard until it is finished.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*high fives slacker mom*

I take it you love slacking too?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Uhh...nevermind.
    I'm so lazy I even recycled the joke from the ''Pretentious'' thread .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhh...nevermind.
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    ISxps need leisure time, and that can be seen as laziness by others, but I don't think that's a fair characterization. When something important needs to be done, they will work very hard until it is finished.
    Yeah, we start to work very hard but late.
    I have to make 3 university homeworks for tomorrow, I already finish 2. Come on, one more!! (and yeah, this is my leisure time too)

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Uhh...nevermind.
    That was a lazy ass response...but it was still a response . Now who hasn't replied?

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oohhh this is f*cking great!
    I've finish all my homeworks... My is starting to bloom again

Creepy-bg

lol it's kind of funny... I can see where I'd be called lazy in some situations (my off time I like nothing better than to laze about) but when I'm working somewhere I always take on the backbone role and get comments and praise about being a speed demon and doing the work of three or four normal people. That along with (not to toot my own horn *toot* *toot*) above average intelligence and people skills makes it really easy and natural for me to move up at anywhere I work. I don't try, in fact alot of times I try to hide it, but they always seem to relise it eventually and start pressuring/moving me up the ladder. I almost resent it once that happens, but as long as I'm settled into a position I'm happy and 99% of the time uber-productive, no matter at what level it is. lol I've actually had managers and higher-ups pull me aside and suggest that I slow down a bit because I'm cheating myself out of money by doing things in a quarter of the time that they're willing to allocate for them to be done.

Anyways, so I guess I'm lazy in that I serriously try to avoid making things "happen" or furthering my position. But I'm not at all lazy in that when I'm settled into a position I'll happily work like crazy man.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Yeah i agree. Ive gotta be up there for lazyiness. I will get up and do a lot of stuff but 95% of it is for my own enjoyment, movies, going out, downloading things. When i interract with people etc i often put in 100% of my efforts so thats tiring. But yeah im pretty damn lazy for any house chores.

My ISTj dad and ISFj mum = not lazy.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me and my INFp sister are really fucking lazy, I've noticed we use strategies to provide the illusion that we're not though (i.e. only cleaning room when having people over -and by cleaning room I mean hiding the mess under the bed or in the closet)

If I told you today that I was going to do something i.e. finish my driver's license, get a full-time job, it should not be taken to mean that I am going to do it today, but rather that in the forseeable future when it's sufficiently convenient for me to do such I might partake in these things. I remember when I was 15 I couldn't wait to turn 16 so I could get my driver's license and drive around! ...now I'm 22 and I'm going to get it, really, I am...

Also when people tell me that I "should" do something I find it secretly pleasurable to agree with them but then go out of my way to avoid doing said thing, lol
    INFp-Ni

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not lazy here, i just like moving

but my definition of lazy is personalized.

say i find very lazy those people that spend their days doing homework, whereas others see them as "hard-working students", whereas i don't find lazy people that play soccer on the streets all day
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I consider myself lazy. Sometimes I'm motivated, but I can never tell when that will be. Anything routine and/or boring is tough to do.

I think ISFPs and ISTPs can look lazy when in a relaxation state. But they're not actually lazy at all. ENFJs can sometimes go into a lazy state. But I think that's necessary to balance out the over-achievement. ESFPs I think can be pretty lazy, but it's usually when hung over. INFJs can need a lot of time to do lazy-related things. But then they have those schedules the rest of the time...so not that lazy actually.

Come to think of it, I think some times might appear lazy, but most actually aren't.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that the laziest type is INTp. I'm ILI and I'm really lazy. Both physically and intellectually, because I hate to study things that I'm not interested in at the moment. I actually hate to do anything that I don't enjoy. Like cooking ordinary dishes. When my mum asks me for help in the kitchen I'm like 'May go to room, pleeeaaase' 'cause it's sooo boring...
    INFp(INTp)
    "I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI is laziest no question about it.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    needs to get them to do something.
    Remember Ricks compatable robot article blog thing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course. this contradicts my statement how?

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course. this contradicts my statement how?
    Never said it did. Just adding to it.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IxTps rock.

I'm an ENFp and I think I'm incorrigibly lazy.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed. All Ip's are in general lazy, but INTp's not only suffer from natural tendency to fly off into land, any attempt from an INTp to force a change in their environment is met by all forms of mental resistance. ISxp's may complain about being lazy, but ultimately they end up doing things that are in their interest. INTp's may have trouble even following up on anything except their deep routine interests- they have very little "momentum" or willpower to do anything besides watch the world go by. INFp's, even though they are accepting, are generally more active than INTp's. They have very weak and an PoLR.

I know I am having enough trouble putting forth the energy to write this post. :wink:

Now if any more questions are asked nothing will happen.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Laziness as in not actively seeming to do much of anything? Umm imo that would be INFj/INTj first and foremost, two types with a PoLR. They're not like this by choice though they really just can't help it.

My INFp friends THINK they are lazy and act like it, but they always go to work everyday, and can even do jobs pretty well, as they value that function. My INTj/INFj friends on the other hand, always look for the work where they can be the most laziest as possible.

The laziness/action in each quadra tends to balance itself out really well. Each type has the most active type that takes most care of the physical world (such as ESFjs in the alpha quadra)

There's more ways you could look at this. You can be very hyper and not seem to get much done, like the ENTp. Or you could be like bionicgoat (the ISFp) and seem really relaxed and lazy but work hard when it needs to be done the most. I'd say if you use the internet a lot (and I mean a lot), unless you're handicapped, you're most likely an INTj/INFj/INFp/ultra-curious ENFp anyway. Really, pretending you're a tough, extroverted go-getter because you... I don't know what, is cute and all, but actions speak a louder type than words. Since it's so much easier to mistake somebody for some sort of IJ or IP type on the net, I want pics of you being all gangsta ish or it didn't happen and I'll just think ur some sort of common-as-hell INTj nerd.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI and ILI i would presume - does the involvement that S types have with the perceptible world demand ''less'' laziness from SLI than ILI? Do SLI actually need some sense of the world around them, which is where they differentiate themselves from ILI?

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    SLI and ILI i would presume - does the involvement that S types have with the perceptible world demand ''less'' laziness from SLI than ILI? Do SLI actually need some sense of the world around them, which is where they differentiate themselves from ILI?
    I'd say Si laziness is perhaps more concerned with maintaining internal homeostasis, not wanting to disrupt what feels most comfortable in the moment. And low D Ne is not as positively predisposed to "move towards the possibilities" that disrupt Si's willful stagnancy/security/coziness. Whereas Ni laziness is perhaps more about getting lost (some may say 'stuck') somewhere in the abstract corners of one's mind in hopes of finding something, be it a pattern, vision, or some truth, while low D Se is not as inclined to move towards actively realizing any of those abstractions because...well, how could reality ever compare to what we dream? lol Much better to stay there, sometimes.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    I'd say Si laziness is perhaps more concerned with maintaining internal homeostasis, not wanting to disrupt what feels most comfortable in the moment. And low D Ne is not as positively predisposed to "move towards the possibilities" that disrupt Si's willful stagnancy/security/coziness. Whereas Ni laziness is perhaps more about getting lost (some may say 'stuck') somewhere in the abstract corners of one's mind in hopes of finding something, be it a pattern, vision, or some truth, while low D Se is not as inclined to move towards actively realizing any of those abstractions because...well, how could reality ever compare to what we dream? lol Much better to stay there, sometimes.
    I think this is around the right place. Ni sees the possibilities and dreams them, but lacks the drive to realize and imprint themselves on reality, whereas Si sees the 'now' and lacks the perspective to see what could be instead of 'now'.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Type is a thinking style so 'laziness' is not really applicable because most people invest equivalent amounts of energy into their brains. Now most thinking doesn't really produce concrete products that this output-oriented world demands. However, there are countless people who produce lots of visible output but don't think beyond their noses so are they lazy (thinkers)? Laziness is a term often used by critics who are too lazy to delve into the contributing factors of perceived laziness.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Type is a thinking style so 'laziness' is not really applicable because most people invest equivalent amounts of energy into their brains. Now most thinking doesn't really produce concrete products that this output-oriented world demands. However, there are countless people who produce lots of visible output but don't think beyond their noses so are they lazy (thinkers)? Laziness is a term often used by critics who are too lazy to delve into the contributing factors of perceived laziness.

a.k.a. I/O
    Of course.
    By 'laziness' i of course understood the lazily simple and general 'lazy' that describes an outward inertness. What this world would call lazy. There is no doubt that much of what we call 'lazy' is a skin-deep analysis of the process this end result pertains to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast