View Poll Results: How sure are you about your type?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am absolutely certain about what I am.

11 7.14%
  • If Socionics exists, I am certain of my type.

10 6.49%
  • I'm reasonably sure. I won't say I know FOR SURE, but I don't have any doubts.

8 5.19%
  • I'm reasonably sure. On occasion I wonder if I may be another type, but it usually passes quickly because it makes much more sense for me to be the type I believe myself to be.

13 8.44%
  • I think I have typed myself correctly, but I'm still thinking about other possibilities in the back of my mind, or I would be willing to very seriously consider other types if someone makes a suggestion.

10 6.49%
  • I'm leaning towards a certain type, but I'm still trying to decide.

3 1.95%
  • I'm really not in any hurry to figure it out.

7 4.55%
  • I'm reasonably sure which quadra I belong to.

7 4.55%
  • I'm reasonably sure about which temperament I have.

5 3.25%
  • I'm reasonably sure which rational IM Elements I value (Ti/Fe vs. Te/Fi).

8 5.19%
  • I'm reasonably sure which irrational IM Elements I value (Ne/Si vs. Ni/Se).

9 5.84%
  • I'm trying to decide between two quadras.

1 0.65%
  • I know which quadra I don't belong to.

5 3.25%
  • I'm trying to decide between mirrors.

3 1.95%
  • I'm trying to decide between activity partners.

0 0%
  • I'm trying to decide between comparitives.

0 0%
  • I'm trying to decide between look-a-likes.

0 0%
  • I'm trying to decide between contraries.

1 0.65%
  • I'm trying to decide between quasi's.

2 1.30%
  • I'm reasonably sure about the ethical/logical dichotomy.

9 5.84%
  • I'm reasonably sure about the intuitive/sensory dichotomy.

9 5.84%
  • I'm reasonably sure about the extroverted/introverted dichotomy.

6 3.90%
  • I'm reasonably sure about the rational/irrational dichotomy.

6 3.90%
  • I'm pretty sure about my type, but I have brain problems which make it difficult to know.

4 2.60%
  • I'm pretty sure about my type, but I have life experiences which make it difficult to know.

8 5.19%
  • I have no idea.

5 3.25%
  • It's all bullshit.

4 2.60%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How confident are you about what type you are?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How confident are you about what type you are?

Just curious.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I'm "NP"... most likely "I"... don't know f vs. t... likely it really all depends. I think of it more as a "tool" than as something that describes inherent qualities of people (which isn't to say that it doesn't)... These distinctions are "real" in that there is definitely enough to go off of to "see" these elements in people (it is valid then... maybe)... but I don't think we can really divide the human race into 16 types of personalities... the world doesn't like to be linear like that... just my musings... I guess what I mean is that what something means is more important to me than what it is... It doesn't really matter how "true" or "not true" it is... it's all about what we get out of it... if it helps us find meaning, or find things in ourselves, or grow as people, then great. We define our own realities anyway. Mostly I'm still thinking about it sometimes... might change my mind later.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, answers all across the board.

I picked "I'm reasonably sure. I won't say I know FOR SURE, but I don't have any doubts."

I'm damn sure i'm an ISTp. Gooooo isatopes.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have typed myself correctly, but I'm still thinking about other possibilities in the back of my mind, or I would be willing to very seriously consider other types if someone makes a suggestion.

I Believe that I'm SEI (For all you guys said), but still my doubt. ESE and SEE could be others posiblity. But, again, SEI sounds fine for me now, any suggestion is welcome.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE is fitting better and better each day at college.

I think I bored someone at a picnic today talking about all the things I am doing, and all the clubs on campus, and practical advice. I don't like fun and I'm tired of thinking something is wrong with me because of that. Freshman are supposed to be looking for parties and concerts, but just because I am not that way (I am not a freshman either, bur I was not that way when I was), that does not mean I cannot be me. The more WORK to do, the better. The more "SOCIALIZING", the worse. For the longest time, I thought this was - introversion. But it is not, because I absolutely am not looking for

The Fi|Fe (merry/serious) dichotomy is becoming extremely vivid for me to see, IRL. Which is nice, because it makes actions towards efficiency a lot easier.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm reasonably sure. On occasion I wonder if I may be another type, but it usually passes quickly because it makes much more sense for me to be the type I believe myself to be.
    Because I like to leave myself with a healthy dose of self-skepticism.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

whatever... I'm probably ISFp... but really any other alpha type is possible (yes, even the NTs) IMO and I don't think I'll be sure until I start spending more time out in the world again. Lower on the list of possibilites (in no particular order) are INFp, INTp, INFj, and ENFp. Whatever... it's really not that important to me to know and ISFp seems to fit well enough at this point to make me stick to it unless something else comes up or I get some big wind of Socionics enthuesiasm.

I'd say at this point in time...

ISFp > INTj > ENTp > whatever else I listed > whatever I didn't list > your mother

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I think I bored someone at a picnic today talking about all the things I am doing, and all the clubs on campus, and practical advice. I don't like fun and I'm tired of thinking something is wrong with me because of that. Freshman are supposed to be looking for parties and concerts, but just because I am not that way (I am not a freshman either, bur I was not that way when I was), that does not mean I cannot be me. The more WORK to do, the better. The more "SOCIALIZING", the worse.
    Just thought I'd mention... this sounds FAR more ENTj than ESTj.
    SEE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the option for way too many options.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I think I bored someone at a picnic today talking about all the things I am doing, and all the clubs on campus, and practical advice. I don't like fun and I'm tired of thinking something is wrong with me because of that. Freshman are supposed to be looking for parties and concerts, but just because I am not that way (I am not a freshman either, bur I was not that way when I was), that does not mean I cannot be me. The more WORK to do, the better. The more "SOCIALIZING", the worse.
    Why??
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si creative
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si creative
    ....?

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what, I can totally see UDP as LIE.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I have an dominant dual.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why??
    To be more specific:

ESTjs tend to be more social than ENTjs. They are more apt to fit right in and enjoy themselves at parties, clubs, or bars.

ESTjs are less interested in orgnatizations/clubs/associations than ENTjs are (ENTjs generally get really into that sort of thing).

Both are practical in a Te sense, but ENTjs are more likely to enjoy imparting their wisdom onto others, whether they like it or not. When ESTjs do offer advice, it's in a more laid back, take it or leave it, just trying to make conversation way. An ESTj is more likely to offer physical help than advice. ENTjs like to help people they meet figure out how to fix their situations on their own.

Most importantly, ESTjs pretty much live for fun. They work a lot and hard because they want to have enough money to pay for weekend partying and a comfortable lifestyle. ENTjs work a lot and hard because they have a vision or goals that they're working towards. (That's why ENTjs are more likely to be involved in associations and whatnot than ESTjs... ESTjs are quite bored and even frustrated by that type of planning.)

I'm getting the distinct impression that the only reason you think you're ESTj > ENTj at this point is because of your attraction to INFjs. I'm not going to try to change your mind... I only encourage you to look at the characteristics of these types outside of who their duals are. As I've said before, I don't think one really knows exactly what they want and need in a relationship until they have experienced a number of serious, long term relationships. (But fwiw, I definitely think you're ENTj > ESTj. )
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting the distinct impression that the only reason you think you're ESTj > ENTj at this point is because of your attraction to INFjs. I'm not going to try to change your mind... I only encourage you to look at the characteristics of these types outside of who their duals are. As I've said before, I don't think one really knows exactly what they want and need in a relationship until they have experienced a number of serious, long term relationships. (But fwiw, I definitely think you're ENTj > ESTj. )
    That's wrong, because.....

• Most importantly, ESTjs pretty much live for fun. They work a lot and hard because they want to have enough money to pay for weekend partying and a comfortable lifestyle. ENTjs work a lot and hard because they have a vision or goals that they're working towards. (That's why ENTjs are more likely to be involved in associations and whatnot than ESTjs... ESTjs are quite bored and even frustrated by that type of planning.)
      -- that has to be bullshit. You come across as having a bias against Si creative types. T. Edison worked 19.5 hours a day, supposedly. Do you think he lived to party?? A lot of the time it just seems like you think ESTjs must just do a whole bunch of stuff to have fun in order to be ESTj. If that is really true, then no, I am not ESTj, because that seems totally boring to me. But if ESTjs are just physical labor goons who have no thoughts then yeah, I'll be ENTj. But even when I told you about my ESTj friend who is triple majoring, you just asked "Does she set up the lab with her hands??" - like it really makes that big of a deal. You come across as someone who just sees ESTjs as goons, basically, and that is what I have always been against. ESTjs I know are hardly like that, but you seem to base your entire image of ESTjs off of partying, physically orientated simpletons. Like that lack intelligence, basically, or any sort of intuition at all. Maybe that is related to your own beliefs that you are so bad in Si matters, I don't know.
    • I get along with INFjs well, but recently I have had some good experience with ISFjs. I worked with one all day yesterday and we got along quite well. ((NOTE: she was an old aquaintence and has a steady relationship, so I don't want to bang her - and make her my dual - understood?))
    • "But fwiw, I definitely think you're ENTj > ESTj. Razz"
      Yeah, I have gotten that vibe from you since the start of this. It seems like everything I say - you don't consider ESTj, and you just try to figure out how it fits into the ENTj profile. Look, I am not saying I absolutely am not ENTj, but it does not seem like you really considered ESTj, particularly in regard to what I mentioned above.
    • ESTjs are less interested in orgnatizations/clubs/associations than ENTjs are (ENTjs generally get really into that sort of thing).
      Why? -- is that a legitimate socionics statement?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most importantly, ESTjs pretty much live for fun. They work a lot and hard because they want to have enough money to pay for weekend partying and a comfortable lifestyle. ENTjs work a lot and hard because they have a vision or goals that they're working towards. (That's why ENTjs are more likely to be involved in associations and whatnot than ESTjs... ESTjs are quite bored and even frustrated by that type of planning.)
    -- that has to be bullshit. You come across as having a bias against Si creative types. T. Edison worked 19.5 hours a day, supposedly. Do you think he lived to party??
    As with every type, there are going to be rare exceptions to things that are generally quite integral to that type. Thomas Edison is not a typical person, regardless of his type. He goes beyond just having "above average intelligence", which is true of most of the people here. "Live for fun" may not have been the right way to say it... but they all (except Edison, apparently) indulge in Si comforts or activities.

A lot of the time it just seems like you think ESTjs must just do a whole bunch of stuff to have fun in order to be ESTj. If that is really true, then no, I am not ESTj, because that seems totally boring to me.
    It's not that all that's important to them is having fun... but leisure activities are one of the most important things in their lives. This is going to be true of 99% of Si creatives.

But if ESTjs are just physical labor goons who have no thoughts then yeah, I'll be ENTj. But even when I told you about my ESTj friend who is triple majoring, you just asked "Does she set up the lab with her hands??" - like it really makes that big of a deal. You come across as someone who just sees ESTjs as goons, basically, and that is what I have always been against. ESTjs I know are hardly like that, but you seem to base your entire image of ESTjs off of partying, physically orientated simpletons. Like that lack intelligence, basically, or any sort of intuition at all. Maybe that is related to your own beliefs that you are so bad in Si matters, I don't know.
    No... I know there are many very intelligent ESTjs. But even the most intelligent of them will working with their hands in one form or another. I think many surgeons are ESTjs, for example. The bottom line is that ESTjs ARE physically oriented. They would not care for an abstract job in which they could not manipulate physical objects of some sort in any way.

"But fwiw, I definitely think you're ENTj > ESTj. Razz"
    Yeah, I have gotten that vibe from you since the start of this. It seems like everything I say - you don't consider ESTj, and you just try to figure out how it fits into the ENTj profile. Look, I am not saying I absolutely am not ENTj, but it does not seem like you really considered ESTj, particularly in regard to what I mentioned above.
    You're right that I've suspected that you're not Alpha for a long time... probably Gamma... but I haven't been pushing for ENTj. ISFj seemed to make more sense for a while, and right now the only reason that I'm no longer seriously considering that as a type for yourself is because you're so certain that you're Fi dual seeking. You're obviously rational, and I believe you to be Resolute. It's recently because clear that you're Serious. This would suggest that you're a Gamma rational, at least from my perspective.

ESTjs are less interested in orgnatizations/clubs/associations than ENTjs are (ENTjs generally get really into that sort of thing).
    Associations and the like preform a lot of tasks that would not interest ESTjs. The ESTj may get involved with helping out in a specific activity if asked to volunteer (something that produced immediate physical results), but they don't want to organize the associations future goals and activities. Talking about what the association is going to do in various areas in the future would bore an ESTj.

Now... I have nothing against ESTjs. I generally get along with them quite well, as long as I don't live with them.

If you don't agree with the idea of them having more of an active interest in the physical than the abstract... I don't know what to tell you.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the reason that it seems like I've not seriously considered ESTj for your type is because every single conversation we've had and every post of yours that I've read suggests that you do NOT have a Ni PoLR. Of course, I could be wrong.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[*]
    Why? -- is that a legitimate socionics statement?[/list]
    No it's not. It's the exact opposite. LSEs are Aristocrats.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    totally different subject
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both are practical in a Te sense, but ENTjs are more likely to enjoy imparting their wisdom onto others, whether they like it or not. When ESTjs do offer advice, it's in a more laid back, take it or leave it, just trying to make conversation way. An ESTj is more likely to offer physical help than advice. ENTjs like to help people they meet figure out how to fix their situations on their own.
    Not so sure about this. They do have a "take it or leave it" attitude towards these things, but if you show interest in their help, you get ALL of their help. If you're being helped by an LSE, then you're "on the team," and while your input will definitely be considered and used if it helps, generally you're doing things the LSE's way.

LSEs are Serious. There's no "work vs fun" concept for them; either they "feel good" or they don't. Trust me, I've gone in depth about this with my mother, who is a sure-fire LSE. Having a weekend partying isn't her style, nor has it ever been; she looks forward to doing "activities" like relaxing outside on the porch with a book, going sailing, etc. It's not "fun" that they live for, it's satisfaction.

All that said, I agree with Joy

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    totally different subject
    How so? What's the reasoning for LSEs being less interested in organizations and clubs? This is inconsistent with both Socionics theory and my personal experience, so you're going to offer some kind of justification.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will have to see a picture of how I hang my clothes in my closet. I will post one when I get out of the shower. I wear the same kind of black pants all the time, and when I am done with them, I hang them back up, so they don't get wrinkled, and then wash them all by colors - black, white, and mixed. I am frequently the best dressed person anywhere I go. I generally only wear collar shirts, and think I look 1000% better when I shave compared to not shaving. I like being organized about everything.

and so on.

more in a bit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Which is why it pisses me off when I see things like that about to happen. -- And that is why I am so hard on the alpha/delta girls here. They need to be prepared to say no so things like this don't happen.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@hkkmr "A stitch in time saves nine."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    I'm reasonably sure. On occasion I wonder if I may be another type, but it usually passes quickly because it makes much more sense for me to be the type I believe myself to be.
    Because I like to leave myself with a healthy dose of self-skepticism.
    Yeah, same .
    And yet, you two seem extremely LII. What other types are you "considering"?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i think "do not require certainty" is not quite right. Ne types can just look at things from a different angle in order to be certain of something according to a certain system. I can see that being consistent with "it is what it is" but that doesn't mean much until put into more context.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will have to see a picture of how I hang my clothes in my closet. I will post one when I get out of the shower. I wear the same kind of black pants all the time, and when I am done with them, I hang them back up, so they don't get wrinkled, and then wash them all by colors - black, white, and mixed. I am frequently the best dressed person anywhere I go. I generally only wear collar shirts, and think I look 1000% better when I shave compared to not shaving. I like being organized about everything.

and so on.

more in a bit
    I don't think wearing the same tried and true style most of the time is indicative of strong Si. Being fussy about wrinkles can point towards ESTj, but I wouldn't call someone Si > Ni based on that alone.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

joy keeps on spreading the disease of false information...joy read some entj descriptions...joy get to know some entjs before spurring bullshit....anyway udp aint no lie
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

UDP has said that he prefers to see the world and enjoy the world. He said he likes experiencing things and such. If this defines his personality, he falls into 1 of 4 types, ESTj, ISTp, ESFp, ISFj. Seeing as I think that UDP is a thinking type(and the fact the ESFps and ISFjs experience the world differently), I think that UDP is either ESTj or ISTp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm reasonably confident of my type (LSI, ISTj) because of the following reasons:
    1) Expat typed me as LSI, and I very much respect his Socionics skills
    2) Inter-type relations with Beta quadra members are good

However, I'm not 100% sure, because the following sources have typed me as LSE (ESTj):
    1) Machintruc
    2) Rick's Socionics test
    3) Sergei Ganin's Socionics Type Assistant

I also respect Machintruc and Rick's Socionics skills -- if I am not mistaken (and please correct me if I am) they are professional Socionists.
    Five/Tanzhe

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    joy keeps on spreading the disease of false information...joy read some entj descriptions...joy get to know some entjs before spurring bullshit....anyway udp aint no lie
    Like who... you? LOL
    SEE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After having read about both SLEs and LIEs, ESTps and ENTjs, I am pretty certain that I am an LIE.

I know I am an ENTJ in MBTI. I often test as ESTJ, but there's no way I am this, because when I read the descriptions they make very little sense to me. The same goes for ESTP. It fits my brother more than it does me.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sigh

Okay, I'm done.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I chose "I'm reasonably sure. On occasion I wonder if I may be another type, but it usually passes quickly because it makes much more sense for me to be the type I believe myself to be.". The only other type I could see myself being would be ENTj, but for various reasons I think INTp fits better.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did that too, BL. But I am almost certain of my type. I'd find it very hard to see myself as another.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love when people change their type so abruptly. It makes so much sense.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, didn't he go from SLE to LIE in like...the past day or so? And now he's "almost certain?"

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FTR my statement was in agreement that I could see UDP as LIE before LSE. In reality, I think he's neither.

Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast