Thread: healthy XXX type?

cunnilingus epilepsy inducer
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default healthy XXX type?

Someone with no flaws or someone completely fucked up?

It seems like if someone does anything not 'right' they end up being called unhealthy. Like there is some way you're supposed to act which would suddenly make you healthy.

This might seem trival to most people but I find it fucked up, since it makes people who are not really that messed up think that every other action that they make is not 'right'. Thus overly consious of what they're doing, or just plain completely paranoid about their actions. So we end up with people acting 'right', but feel like shit because they are always looking over their shoulder. IMO that's unhealthy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric

It seems like if someone does anything not 'right' they end up being called unhealthy. Like there is some way you're supposed to act which would suddenly make you healthy.

This might seem trival to most people but I find it fucked up, since it makes people who are not really that messed up think that every other action that they make is not 'right'. Thus overly consious of what they're doing, or just plain completely paranoid about their actions. So we end up with people acting 'right', but feel like shit because they are always looking over their shoulder. IMO that's unhealthy.
    Healthy is a goal. Not sure it's ever somewhere you actually "arrive" and rest on your laurels. All of us have times of health and unhealth. In general, though, someone can be generalized as unhealthy when they spend maybe 75% of their time in that state, without any effort to improve.

I might add that the tendency to think you always have to be "healthy" is probably unhealthy. :wink:
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always just considered "unhealthy" to mean feeling low, anxious, angry, etc. without any particular reason. Obviously I wouldn't consider it unhealthy if someone was sad because they lost someone close to them for example, but if they were just sad for either no reason or due to something entirely irrational, then that I'd consider unhealthy. When I say that, I mean the time spent in that condition is time of unhealth. That's just my interpretation on it anyways.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: healthy XXX type?

Quote Originally Posted by electric

clearly this line of thinking is full of exaggerations and bastardizations of what it means to be healthy. why even concern yourself with it?