Default Phobias

OooOooOooOooo

what are you afraid of?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dolls, clowns.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being buried.

Losing my teeth - see dream discussion.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Dolls, clowns.
    Yeah, clowns. There's this local Halloween place where they have one whole section devoted to clowns.

Spiders & Snakes
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Being buried.
    You mean like while you're alive, right?

I think we should all do Halloween avatars this month . . . come on . . . there's only a few days left!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use to be afraid of the female anatomy, but then I realized that girls were just as afraid of my anatomy than I was of theirs and did not feel as bad afterwards. Stupid hormones!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cute

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Being buried.
    You mean like while you're alive, right?

I think we should all do Halloween avatars this month . . . come on . . . there's only a few days left!
    Yes while you're alive or in a zombie like state and then you wake up. Ewwwwww!!!

Where are you finding your Halloween avatars?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PHOBIAS

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    what are you afraid of?
    The boiling undercurrent of man's nature masked by the vanity of culture.

No, not really. Just making fun of the self-righteous intellectuals. I'm afraid of bees.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blaze said: Where are you finding your Halloween avatars?

I look up free holiday desktop wallpaper and copy the pictures and then size them for avatars.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. Can you just google it?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool. Can you just google it?
    Yeah. You gotta look around a lot though. I don't download, just copy the pics in a format I can use for an avatar or screensaver.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Shrinks
    2. Wolves
    3. Tornados

Yes, I know wolves are scavengers and do not attack humans. But by definition a phobia is irrational, correct?

As far as critters go, the only bug that can make my heart jump into my throat is a centipede... nasty little things, those centipedes. Bats I suppose too. I saw one in an attack a couple weeks ago. I was oughta there before it even fully registered! LOL My thing with bats is somewhat understandable though because every single time I've gone into a cave or mine, a bat dove at me and screeched. Always me, never anyone else in the group. I suppose I was always either at the beginning of the group or somewhat apart from the group as I tend to wander to whatever catches my attention.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

last night i was lying in bed and just trying to visualize some bad things, i start squirming. well i was thinking about being a bowlegged, then i started thinking about cowboys and genital injuries, like the inside of those really tight fitting pants is really rugged, the material just isn't comfortable so i was imagining that crushing a testicle, in an almost too real inner-eye sort of deal. it still makes me clinch my teeth, ahhh, genital injuries are nuts

I have Telephonophobia. I actually never use a phone unless it is absolutely imperative, even then I hesitate. I communicate with friends and family through letters and IM’s. Wow I better watch what I revel to you people I’m beginning to seem extremely wired.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bugs
    & Elevators

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yet, there's a bug in your avatar... :wink:
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not at all, I hate talking on the phone as well

I even go a step further though an won't tell my relatives my email address, even if they upset!
    SEE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy talking on the phone, probably because it never, ever rings for me. Email...there's another phobia of mine. When someone emails you, you have to take time out of your schedule to type up a couple paragraphs of text. And then I always forget to respond, or I'm just too lazy to. Why don't people just call?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahahah I feel exactly the same way but vice versa. Why do I have to converse? I didn't ask for that! If you email me then I can respond whenever I "get" the email (aka, when I'm up for responding). Much more sensible as far as I'm concerned. And quit giving me shit about getting a cell phone dammit!!! If I wanted an electronic leash I'd have one already!
    SEE

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    And yet, there's a bug in your avatar... :wink:
    I knew someone 's gonna say that . Well, I like butterflies but I hate most other insects (roaches, bees, scorpions...).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid of deep, dark water.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heathiep
    last night i was lying in bed and just trying to visualize some bad things, i start squirming. well i was thinking about being a bowlegged, then i started thinking about cowboys and genital injuries, like the inside of those really tight fitting pants is really rugged, the material just isn't comfortable so i was imagining that crushing a testicle, in an almost too real inner-eye sort of deal. it still makes me clinch my teeth, ahhh, genital injuries are nuts
    LOL! I am going to Vegas next weekend for the finals of the PBR World Championships . . . for you city slickers that's Professional Bull Riders! Come to think of it . . . those country boys do talk in high sqeaky voices.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    I'm afraid of deep, dark water.
    that's interesting.....

i have an awe of it but maybe that's a little bit of fear.

this is like, when someone said they were so afraid of forests and I saw them in a whole new light. I loved them beforehand...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flying. But I do it.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

LOL! I am going to Vegas next weekend for the finals of the PBR World Championships . . . for you city slickers that's Professional Bull Riders! Come to think of it . . . those country boys do talk in high sqeaky voices.
    Don’t hold it against them have you ever seen a bull riders testicles? Poor things I would be talking real high pitched too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Don’t hold it against them have you ever seen a bull riders testicles? Poor things I would be talking real high pitched too.
    No, I never have! But my daughter's fiance is a former bull rider. I'm going to Vegas with him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crickets. It's the chaotic jumping: freaks me out every time. One of the few times you will actually hear me shriek is when I'm trying to get rid of a cricket.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dying, sleeping, basically anything that implies lack of conciousness but the worst is dying. I can't imagine being ready to stop existing, even after a long life, though i try to convince myself the gradual decay of life quality that comes with aging is proportionnal to some hypothetical feeling of resignation as a way of getting out of the inaction that fear puts me in. I mean, think about it, life means x, and you're obligated to become -x with no way to avoid it regardless of how clever/good/special you are. You have to become dead meat (that gives an impression of inattention because of how we see feelings in inanimate objects). I could go on until my own death rambling about how this sucks.

I have an INTp friend who is terrified of going to sleep, especially if he is going to sleep alone. Like a child. It’s very “cute”.

Anyway, I was going to ask you why you are scared to sleep Detail.

Another creepy thing.. I think people look much better dead than alive.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually i'm not as scared as when i was a child but a feeling of uncomfort is still present regarding sleep. It's all because my consciousness has to be inactive. I mean, 6 hours of unconsciousness is a long period of time. It's pretty weird you're in this ambience, you go to sleep, then you wake up and it's as if the timeline of your consciousness never stopped, yet you feel a big gap, since the ambience is totally different and you kinda wonder where you were all that time. Also, sleep is boring.

The line above is how i feel about sleep.

It would be cool if i succeeded at knowing what sleep feels like but all i know is that i'm tired, i think, eventually my thoughts seem to become more real and develop by themselves while i stop hearing, the abrupt end of the constant noise makes me wake up and i try to make the process happen again while being more conscious of it, but it always repeat the same way until i fall asleep for good.

Anyway, the result of this (the fact that sleep is boring) is that i avoid sleep until i'm so tired that i feel hallucinations without actually seeing them. Hostile ones, like some mutilated and/or ugly expressioned face approaching my head at, say, 1000km/h and things like that. I say "feel" because all i have is the stress of it, but i'd have to consciously imagine them to see them, so they're not hallucinations as they're usually called. I think the terms "to feel hallucinations" describes best that phenomenon. I don't feel fear when this happens but i feel stress. I know a couple of EN*Ps who can have these too under extreme fatigue and it makes me understand why my ENFP friend can be affraid in the dark since she's not the kind to rationalize these impressions.

Well, i think some parts of my body, if they could, would think "Sleep is underrated, motherfucker" while throwing darts at pictures of me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Embalmers would be thankful to you for your support.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    Crickets. It's the chaotic jumping: freaks me out every time. One of the few times you will actually hear me shriek is when I'm trying to get rid of a cricket.
    You must be one brave woman. I scream for minutes on end till the offender, usually a bug of some kind -- spiders, centipedes (vile creatures) -- and mice (which we have had a rash of lately) are rounded up. They must be found and ahnilated before I will reside in the house again. My husband says it sounds like someone is trying to kill me. And he takes his good 'ole time coming to my rescue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sycophant wrote: Another creepy thing.. I think people look much better dead than alive.

I have an aunt that always says it's not the dead you need to be afraid of . . . it's the living.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    You've obviously never seen someone die of liver failure then.
    No, I haven’t I was really talking about old people who die, they look much better. My Mother looked like shit when she died, and it wasn’t even anything traumatic. The worst thing I have ever seen was a friend of mine who died of HIV, God that was scary.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my best friend from high school died a year ago, it was a closed casket funeral. Probably for the better since it was either an overdose or her boyfriend killed her. I just found out a couple of weeks ago that a good friend who used to be my room mate that I had lost track of had gotten killed in a car accident with a drunk driver while he was on his way to work a year and a half ago. I suppose that's just the risk we all run living in the Alcoholic State.

I imagine that both of them would have looked so bad that I wouldn't have wanted to see their corpses. Other than them I've never lost anyone except a great great grandmother and two great grandfathers and a great grandmother. Yes, I agree that they looked much more peaceful dead. Why is Western culture so obsessed with extending life while they do everything they can to demean the quality of life in the name of instant gratification???
    SEE

What I don’t understand is why we stuff the dead instead of letting the bodies do what they are meant to do naturally, fertilize the earth. It is very creepy to me what western culture does to dead people. We should take a lesson from Africans, who celebrate life at a funeral instead of mourning death. We are so stuck on dying being the end of everything.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally agree 110%. Why must Western culture be so obsessed with themselves? When I die I want my body to be harvested for organs and then used for forensic training. It's only logical. Why the fuck would I want my body stuffed with chemicals that harm the lives of those around me?!

It drives me razy that people call me cold for caring about human suffering.

You know, I was thinking about it some more. If I had seen Lauren's corpse, yes it would have been extremely difficlut at the time. But I wouldn't be tortured with fantasies that she's off somewhere in a witness protection program! Why the fuck would person's death certificate be a part of a sealed investigation and off limits to the public anyways?!?!?!?!??! If anyone has any ideas, I want to hear them.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joy said: When I die I want my body to be harvested for organs and then used for forensic training. It's only logical. Why the fuck would I want my body stuffed with chemicals that harm the lives of those around me?!

Absoultely! I make sure every once in awhile that everyone knows my wishes, but in PA if your husband disagrees he can change your written directive once you die. I think that's wrong! I personally think why can't people be used to feed the animals at the zoo?

I have always been puzzled though about stories of people's houses being haunted and finding out they were living over a burial site. I don't know what to think about things like that!

And as to your friend . . . my brother works for the gov't and he once told me that if he turns up dead not to believe it. Personally I think details of the cause of death on a certificate should be kept private. Around here at least it is a matter of public record. I do not believe your rights to medical privacy end at death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast