Thread: LSIs/ISTjs and introversion: withdrawing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LSIs/ISTjs and introversion: withdrawing

Majors
    Last edited by Search; 07-06-2014 at 04:53 AM.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I have experienced this a lot with my two ISTj friends. We are very, very close. However, I realize that they do need their time alone and they need quite a lot of it. One of them who is actually my best friend can become very tired of social or external interaction after just one day of going out. And this "going out" won't even really entail anything too stimulating. It could just be talking with me, walking outside, doing a slight errand. She is a highly expressed introvert there, so not all LSIs would be as hermit-like as her, but yeah. I am basically one of her only close friends. She rarely, if ever does anything more than just hang around her house and despite me thinking she needs to do more, she is happy the way she is and I've accepted that. I understand her, because I need to recharge as well being an introvert at heart, but she is intense about it.

Yes, I have become somewhat frustrated and even hurt by her actions because I wish inside she would be more willing to do what I consider fun things but it's just not her and I have to understand that. I can't hold anything against her maybe cause we're in the same quadra, activity partners & I really know her so I'm not bothered by it. I can see why other types would be. I know another LSI who does the same thing as her to a lesser degree. Both of them will get "burnt out" by too much interaction with a person (or maybe I'm a bit biased since activity partners really burn each other out) and they will withdraw.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x
    Last edited by HitmanISTP; 07-24-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    ISTP-Te, Logical Subtype (the jokey one)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually when I withdraw from someone it's either because I'm fed up with them or they did something I consider very wrong. It's not a rational thing, and I can't force myself to reconnect until it happens. I do not like it AT ALL. It does not happen with some people, which I can see a lot with no problems.
    I'd never say I'm fed up with someone, and after a while I usually feel like seeing them again.
    If the cause is something they did I usually let them know it bothered me and then shut them out. I don't say I'm withdrawing even though I realize I'm doing it and surely they do too... it seems such a bad thing to admit.

So, I understand how people can take it personally... if it's not their fault I'll try to make it up to them.
    No, I might very well not be telling the whole truth (not lies either... creative truths maybe? (c: ).
    You didn't ask for this, but if you wanted to reconnect with me (and I can't speak for every ISTj), I'd appreciate few, somewhat far apart, totally non obtrusive reminders that you care about me.
    LSI

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww, he needs some major now! QUICK! BRING THE DEFIBRILLATOR!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl
    The ISTJ I know personally, that is doing this right now is in a situation he does not want to be in.
    He is isolated in another country, with someone he didnt want to stay with yet under the circumstances will be for quite awhile more.

He seems in a total withdraw of sorts (shut down).....even his writing style has changed/void of emotion. Robotic.
    Spurts and glimmers of him on occasion, with this 'stand-in' most of the time.

Ok that's another thing then, not sure what you can do... Fe doesn't really work for me over the phone, hopefully it's just me. I'd have to find a Fe girl in this new country. Otherwise in time I'd get used to it and snap out on my own, at my own pace.
    LSI