Thread: Would you help me to type this bands?

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Would you help me to type this bands?

For example:

Alexisonfire
    Envy (the japanese)
    Funeral For a Friend
    Thrice
    Rise Against
    Belvedere
    Glassjaw
    Strung Out
    At the drive-in

I used to listen this kind this music about a year ago. I used to listen some alt. metal and 'nu metal' bands. Actually have more 'relaxed' music.

BTW, anybody know Silvio Rodriguez and his type??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Would you help me to type this bands?

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    At the drive-in
    I would say Jim Ward is something like Ni and Te, and Omar and Cedric are Introverts with strong Se.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNEYM4tvJYA
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    At the drive-in
    I would say Jim Ward is something like Ni and Te, and Omar and Cedric are Introverts with strong Se.

I remembered saying that Omar and/or Cedric was ISFps. But their style in Atd-i it is more aggresive compared with The Mars volta.

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    I used to listed to a lot of the stuff on your list about four years ago, but these are the only two that I can definitively type.

Dustin Kensrue (Thrice) seems pretty clearly ENFj to me, at least. I considered INFp, but something doesn't ring right with that, and he is certainly a negativist in Reinin's dichotomy (which would point to ENFj).

Tim McIlrath (Rise Against) is so INFp that it's sickening. I knew he was INFp years before I had ever heard of Socionics or type theory.

Do you agree with these?
    Both Beta, I thought that this guys were INFp (Rise against) and ENFj (For Dustin) for first instance. But lastly I was starting to believe the possibility that Dustin could be INFj for their lastest 'spiritual' music but not totally sure. ( Red Sky is a good song. )

Tim and all the rise against band are vegans and the first type that comes to my mind is ISFp, but I believe that they are INFp.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a Video of Silvio

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLKyYa2nfg&locale=en_US&persist_locale=1[/youtube]

The Lyric

LA ERA ESTÁ PARIENDO UN CORAZÓN

Le he preguntado a mi sombra
    a ver como ando para reírme,
    mientras el llanto, con voz de templo,
    rompe en la sala
    regando el tiempo.

Mi sombra dice que reírse
    es ver los llantos como mi llanto,
    y me he callado, desesperado
    y escucho entonces:
    la tierra llora.

La era está pariendo un corazón,
    no puede más, se muere de dolor
    y hay que acudir corriendo
    pues se cae el porvenir.
    En cualquier selva del mundo,
    en cualquier calle.

Debo dejar la casa y el sillón,
    la madre vive hasta que muere el sol,
    y hay que quemar el cielo si es preciso
    por vivir.
    Por cualquier hombre del mundo,
    por cualquier casa

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the drive-in

I remembered saying that Omar and/or Cedric was ISFps. But their style in Atd-i it is more aggresive compared with The Mars volta.
    At the Drive-in (<-- they probably hit a crack pipe before they did that preformace)
    Sparta (<-- Jim Ward is so much more restrained)
    The Mars Volta (<-- I don't know how you could think Omar and Cedric are less aggressive here. I mean, Cedric climbs on the fuckin rafter to eat that fuzzy thing)

I said they were both Introverts with strong Se because, if you watch stuff like that, they seem so confident, so in control, smooth, energetic, and chaotic. But if you hear them talk, they're no doubt Introverted (I remembering seeing a video of them on youtube, they were supposed to introduce some TV thing for like a minute. All they did was say, "You're watching ..." and then just sat there for the remaining 50 secs or something ).

Oh, and if Cedric's the F, Omar's the T. He's good at organizing structure. Plus, he's a sharp business man (probably why they let him lead). Most of the time when you sign with a Major Record Label, you don't get many rights. Omar wrote the contracts, and they said they got everything they wanted. The songs are all copyrighted to the band (usually the label gets the copyright), the records are published by the band (again, usually the label does that), they are allowed to hand the company albums sight-unseen (often the label puts their imput into the music), and they're allowed to pick the producer. Pretty much all you could ask for as a musician, he got it. You gotta love it.

(YES I'm a fan, OK? )
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.asd

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the drive-in

At the Drive-in (<-- they probably hit a crack pipe before they did that preformace)
    The Mars Volta (<-- I don't know how you could think Omar and Cedric are less aggressive here. I mean, Cedric climbs on the fuckin rafter to eat that fuzzy thing)

I said they were both Introverts with strong Se because, if you watch stuff like that, they seem so confident, so in control, smooth, energetic, and chaotic. But if you hear them talk, they're no doubt Introverted (I remembering seeing a video of them on youtube, they were supposed to introduce some TV thing for like a minute. All they did was say, "You're watching ..." and then just sat there for the remaining 50 secs or something ).

Oh, and if Cedric's the F, Omar's the T. He's good at organizing structure. Plus, he's a sharp business man (probably why they let him lead). Most of the time when you sign with a Major Record Label, you don't get many rights. Omar wrote the contracts, and they said they got everything they wanted. The songs are all copyrighted to the band (usually the label gets the copyright), the records are published by the band (again, usually the label does that), they are allowed to hand the company albums sight-unseen (often the label puts their imput into the music), and they're allowed to pick the producer. Pretty much all you could ask for as a musician, he got it. You gotta love it.

(YES I'm a fan, OK? )
    haha
    I know that you are a Fan.
    But I pretty sure that being caotic, energetic and smooth doesn't mean that they are more aggresive. At the Drive-in enter in the concept of 'hardcore', yeah, hardcore doesn't mean aggresivness, but still be concept more faster yet melodic.
    I'm pretty sure (too) that The Mars volta is not a BAD band. Actually, a lot of friend of mine still thanks me because I let them to know this great band. I remember when I see a live show and see the roulette dares song about 20 minutes.

Agree, Energetic, Caotic but not aggresive. I don't see aggresivness in their lastest album. Just still dark lyrics and more alternative music.

To me, De-Loused in the Comatorium is the best album of this band. Faster, melodic even have some ambiental part. and Roulette Dares is the best song

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy

I was thinking about Strung Out, but I can't really figure out a type that fits. I am seeing a bit of though in the lyrics.
    Maybe ENFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the drive-in

(YES I'm a fan, OK? )
    haha
    I know that you are a Fan.
    But I pretty sure that being caotic, energetic and smooth doesn't mean that they are more aggresive. At the Drive-in enter in the concept of 'hardcore', yeah, hardcore doesn't mean aggresivness, but still be concept more faster yet melodic.
    I'm pretty sure (too) that The Mars volta is not a BAD band. Actually, a lot of friend of mine still thanks me because I let them to know this great band. I remember when I see a live show and see the roulette dares song about 20 minutes.

Agree, Energetic, Caotic but not aggresive. I don't see aggresivness in their lastest album. Just still dark lyrics and more alternative music.

To me, De-Loused in the Comatorium is the best album of this band. Faster, melodic even have some ambiental part. and Roulette Dares is the best song
    Ha, I was talking about their types though, not the music (btw, I didn't notice before that you had isfp in your sig...).

As for aggressive, their next album is supposed to be very much like that. Probably the "heaviest" one yet. Check out this video to see the style.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look good stuff.
    When they are supposed to throw their next album?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look good stuff.
    When they are supposed to throw their next album?
    October... maybe later...

edit/// that's one thing they didn't get from the record label the albums done, but it takes record companies so long to actually put them out sometimes...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example:

Alexisonfire
    Envy (the japanese)
    Funeral For a Friend
    Thrice
    Rise Against
    Belvedere
    Glassjaw
    Strung Out
    At the drive-in

I used to listen this kind this music about a year ago. I used to listen some alt. metal and 'nu metal' bands. Actually have more 'relaxed' music.

Bad bands. Except for ATDI

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    For example:

Alexisonfire
    Envy (the japanese)
    Funeral For a Friend
    Thrice
    Rise Against
    Belvedere
    Glassjaw
    Strung Out
    At the drive-in

Ok, thanks for your opinion.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    For example:

Alexisonfire
    Envy (the japanese)
    Funeral For a Friend
    Thrice
    Rise Against
    Belvedere
    Glassjaw
    Strung Out
    At the drive-in

Ok, thanks for your opinion.
    No problem.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's right, ya know-- when i design the machine that judges music good and bad, all of the above listed bands will be a category of bad. In example--if you give the machine new music and it thinks it is bad it will print off 'Bad-Alexisonfire' and this will guide listeners and help them clearly define their tastes.
    asd

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    she's right, ya know-- when i design the machine that judges music good and bad, all of the above listed bands will be a category of bad. In example--if you give the machine new music and it thinks it is bad it will print off 'Bad-Alexisonfire' and this will guide listeners and help them clearly define their tastes.
    Yeah, Thanks again for another irrelevant Opinion...
    Just type them, don't judge them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Yeah, Thanks again for another irrelevant Opinion...
    Just type them, don't judge them.
    The thing you have to realize about Health is, he's become a troll recently. Just ignore.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should have read more into that post. I agree with normal more than anything else. I don't have to explain myself to you.
    asd

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'm sorry then...

Anyway, does anybody saw the Silvio Video?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'm sorry then...

la letra es muy sensible? eso es todo puedo ver
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, I'm sorry then...

la letra es muy sensible? eso es todo puedo ver
    Le he preguntado a mi sombra a ver cómo ando, para reirme mientras el llanto con voz de templo, rompe las alas, regando el tiempo.
    ***I have asked my shade to see how I am, to laugh while the crying with voice of temple, breaks the wings, watering the time

Mi sombra dice, que reirse es ver los llantos, como mi llanto y me he callado, desesperado y escucho entonces, la tierra llora
    ***My shade says, that laughing is to see the crying, as my crying and I have kept silent, driven myself to despair and listen then, the hearth cries

La era está pariendo un corazón,
    *The age is giving a birth to at heart,
    No puede más, se muere de dolor,
    ***[the age] cannot anymore, [It's] dies of Pain,
    Y hay que acudir corriendo pues se cae, el porvenir,
    ***And it is necessary to come running since it falls down, the future.