Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Victor Blokhin Test

A test by Victor Blokhin (? ) - its a very simple test - you have to rate how much each of the eight descriptions fit you (obviously based on the eight functions):

(url)
    [web:fc2f5b124e]http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=http://socionics.org/test/test_blokhin.htm[/web:fc2f5b124e]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This test has been translated and discussed on this forum before. It does not give very reliable results.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ESTJ
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ваш тип - INTP
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ваш тип - INFP

INFp is a common result I get for Socionics tests, fwiw.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ваш тип - ENFP
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFP

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to this, it says that I am an ISTj.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP

lol
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing I got that result because the only IM Elements I chose low answers for were Fi, Fe, and Si. That would make it appear somewhat likely that my dominant is an extroverted irrational function, if you want to look at it that way.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj
    Suomea

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    According to this, it says that I am an ISTj.
    Interesting. I hope you don't mind my saying....some people were guessing you might be LSI.

Not that I put a lot of stock in test results...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came out INTp despite having given a high response for the "Ne," "Si," and "Ti" questions. Interesting test.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    INTP
    it seems that it is very much MBTI as it takes manifestation of ALL model elements and calculates the sum of their parameters such as extraversion, rationality, etc.
    By the way, this is a very common criticism on this forum, and lots of people on this forum (esp. Hugo) have tried to come up with tests that get away from that approach. Usually such tests end up with bizarre results, because they err in making the following assumptions:
    *That all the IM elements in one's own quadra are the strongest.
    *That one's 1st two functions have about equal weight
    *That one's 7th and 8th functions are weak
    ...all of which is incorrect

From Model A, the MBTI approach of summing stuff up really isn't so bad if you consider this:

One's 7th and 8th functions are fairly strong
    One's role function is often something one feels one can do
    One's suggestive function is usually weak
    One 's take on the creative function is usually quite different from that of someone who has it as an accepting function

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I'm not sure about this one, is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    From Model A, the MBTI approach of summing stuff up really isn't so bad if you consider this:

One's 7th and 8th functions are fairly strong
    One's suggestive function is usually weak
    One 's take on the creative function is usually quite different from that of someone who has it as an accepting function
    so you're saying the levels that the person ranks their functions should be compared to some set template for creative/accepting function levels? with summing up though, wouldn't you just bunch the whole thing into a sum? besides, how are you going to rate the extroversion/introversion and judging/perceiving when ALL the producing functions (say if the tests asks what are you like in action and not in the head) are summed up and so their i/e and j/p parameters, i mean you'd just get an average of the levels of extroversion/introversion of the functions whose heights are influenced by how "strong" they are, say? the same with whether it's l or F and S or N. i think the MBTI approach is pretty weak 'cos even in that test (i posted earlier only focusing on the ego block), the responders would also describe their super ego block's accepting (role) as the questions were aimed at mental-accepting functions rather, if you read the questions, and so it would mesh with the dominant. oh yeah, i was a little wrong in my earlier post about this now - actually the questions only are about the dominant function as they talk about the mental-accepting stuff, from mpv, and so the creative function should not figure in the results at all, it should be like IxTj or ESxp as answers if you look at it this way. Anyway, yeah, the 1st would get meshed with the third and even if you decide to do 2nd and 4th questions in the test, you'd still get meshed up answers, no?
    I wasn't saying quite that. I was just noting that a correct understanding of Model A explains why summing works better than people on this forum generally think, whereas any approach that add strengths to determine quadra first tends to fail miserably, because functions 5 and 6 are generally not areas of confidence.

For example the functions in your club (1278) will be strongest...so if you add up vertically responses for what one feels good at on a 1-5 rating scale (Ne+Ni, Te+Ti, etc.), one will most likely be placed in the correct club. Next, the high strength of 1 and weakness of 4 and 5 and other factors will tend to mean that summing will likely end up correct on introversion/extraversion.

Another factor I hadn't mentioned is that there's some overlap between questions...for example, there are some things in descriptions of Si and Ni that are similar, and some similarities between the introverted ones generally. (It's hard to word a description in a way that is totally mutually exclusive.) That's another reason why summing tends to work better than people would expect.

So anyhow, here's what I think is a very reasonable 1-5 rating for a person's functions:

Function:Strength
    1:5
    2:4
    3:3
    4:1
    5:2
    6:3
    7:4
    8:4

If someone understood the questions properly and rated them that way, that person would come out:
    15 to 11 in favor of the correct one on I/E
    14 to 12 in favor of the correct on on rat/irrat
    17 to 9 in favor of the correct club

I guess in that experiment, rat/irrat is kind of iffy. However, I suspect that the overlap between questions probably makes it work better (e.g, people will give too high a score to their role function because the way it's described in the question sounds a little like their dominant function).