Thread: INTp role function ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTp role function ?

typical intj/intp interaction?

intj: do you have problems sleeping?
    intp: yeah, most likely exacerbated by my irregular sleep (caused by irregular work hrs)
    intj: sorry to hear that, sounds rough
    intp: no big deal
    intp: i can fix it
    intp: eventually
    intp: just will take some dedication and different life circumstances.

I (INTp) had this conversation with the supposed INTj. it is rather obvious to me that i have a real problem regulating my sleep, but i do not wish to act as if it's a problem. i hate when people announce how much i've worked or how little they assume i've slept. does this sound like role function? on a slightly different note, i also hate when someone asks me if i've lost weight (regardless of whether i have or not). my most frequent response has always been to quickly / humorously deny the possibility or say i have no idea because i never weigh myself, don't own mirror, etc. key is to get off the topic as quickly as possible without showing my discomfort.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTp role function ?

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    typical intj/intp interaction?

intj: do you have problems sleeping?
    intp: yeah, most likely exacerbated by my irregular sleep (caused by irregular work hrs)
    intj: sorry to hear that, sounds rough
    intp: no big deal
    intp: i can fix it
    intp: eventually
    intp: just will take some dedication and different life circumstances.

I (INTp) had this conversation with the supposed INTj. it is rather obvious to me that i have a real problem regulating my sleep, but i do not wish to act as if it's a problem. i hate when people announce how much i've worked or how little they assume i've slept. does this sound like role function? on a slightly different note, i also hate when someone asks me if i've lost weight (regardless of whether i have or not). my most frequent response has always been to quickly / humorously deny the possibility or say i have no idea because i never weigh myself, don't own mirror, etc. key is to get off the topic as quickly as possible without showing my discomfort.
    i don't know, but i'm exactly the same way. i actually get irritated when people ask me to get on schedule etc. i have irregular work hours as well. i get the proper amount of sleep, just not on the schedule people would like to see me on. i had an INTj recently argue with me about this since he thinks it's somehow contributing to my unhappiness heh.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In most cases, "have you lost weight?" is a polite way of saying, "you're looking great". But in some ways it could be seen as Fe because of the socially accepted "real" meaning of the question. If you're an ektomorph who looks too thin, this could be a worried question in stead - "Have you lost weight?" when he wants to say, "I hope you're not ill. When did you last eat?". either way it's not a comment to hate.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    In most cases, "have you lost weight?" is a polite way of saying, "you're looking great". But in some ways it could be seen as Fe because of the socially accepted "real" meaning of the question. If you're an ektomorph who looks too thin, this could be a worried question in stead - "Have you lost weight?" when he wants to say, "I hope you're not ill. When did you last eat?". either way it's not a comment to hate.
    "you're looking great" seems far more polite than "have you lost weight?" i'm curious as to why you think the latter is more polite.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee