Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Transition from Even Functions to Odd Functions

Although this may belong in General Discussion, best not to take any chances....

Beginning...
    It is easy for us to notice the influence of our odd functions on our even functions. The base clearly determines created contents; the role clearly determines what weaknesses to tackle; the suggestive function clearly chooses the hidden agenda content to create (if obscurely); and the limiter apparently chooses what consensus ideas to accent.

The transition from creative to role; from vulnerable to suggestive; from HA to limiter; and from is a more difficult matter. Particularly difficult are the transitions from 4th to 5th and from 8th to 1st, because these are points of transition from between the mental and vital tracks. Indeed, the passage from 8th to 1st is no less than the Jungian trascendent function itself. "The coming of consciousness to unconsciousness."

When using function 8, I am invariably trying to determine from where the logic I began my considerations with came. Looking back at the memories of past events, or even hypothesizing as to the possible paths of event, I can discern that there are similarities between the events: this kind of event always follows this, this event follows this, etc. From this broad pool of sequential instances it is possible for me to deduce the existence of a structure underlying all of the instances, which is indicative of something native to the objects in the instances themselves, something persistent and unchanging. This is the moment of transition and transcendence.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

define transition better.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently the transitions occur due to the awareness in the scope of a produced content of a new problem. This problem is always discovered as one begins to discern the emergence of an acceptable option range (odd function set) in the context of a produced content, (even function set) which is implied to have an unintended consequence to something of importance to the individual.

There appear to be four important aspects of individual life held to be especially important, each corresponding to a producing function:
    - the demands of immediate psychological adaptation (creative)
    - the demands of recompense to society for the act of adaptation (vulnerable)
    - the urge to contribute to the welfare of self and society (agenda)
    - the desire to understand one's own psychology (determination and transition to base)