Thread: Julian McMahon

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Julian McMahon

Julian McMahon, Actor: Charmed, Nip/Tuck.

Just wondering what type he is. Something about his look, demeanor, prowling kind of intensity, I find exceedingly attractive in all the roles I've seen.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're going to think I'm crazy, but I think he's the same type as Robin Williams. Probably ESE.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems oddly flamboyant for an ENTj:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=gIXPwfr1CYc[/youtube]

Also in this one:
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=jf-vef8_vXg[/youtube]
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, he came off as awkward and nervous in that interview, like he was trying to act that way or something.

This would be a more typical "good mood and need to appear sociable" way for an ENTj to act, imo

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MEJCykcAqRU[/youtube]
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can kind of see it. Still, from what I know of the guy, he seems pretty wild and facetious out of nature. Dylan Walsh, who plays Sean in Nip/Tuck seems more likely ENTj to me, or at least more likely from a Fi quadra than Macmahon:

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His character is ESTj, don't know about the actor. It does seem like both he and Christian were most likely type casted though. They both fit their roles quite well.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    You're going to think I'm crazy, but I think he's the same type as Robin Williams. Probably ESE.
    I can kind of see it. Still, from what I know of the guy, he seems pretty wild and facetious out of nature. Dylan Walsh, who plays Sean in Nip/Tuck seems more likely ENTj to me, or at least more likely from a Fi quadra than Macmahon:
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU[/youtube]

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems physically awkward in both of the interviews you posted. I've seen him in other videos where he seems physically awkward. Notice how he plays with him fingers randomly in the second video.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    He seems physically awkward in both of the interviews you posted. I've seen him in other videos where he seems physically awkward. Notice how he plays with him fingers randomly in the second video.
    McMahon himself seems much more awkward than his characters. The characters seem so much more "natural" and self-assured. Of course, it could simply be that the man is uncomfortable with the trappings of interview and celebrity. Perhaps with friends and in natural settings, he's more like his screen persona.

Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not ESFp (SEE)...? And why Robin Williams' type? The fidgety nature?

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Why not ESFp (SEE)...? And why Robin Williams' type? The fidgety nature?
    Yeah, he has the same sort of nervous energy that Robin Williams has. Just something that stuck out to me. ESFp is possible but I'd think Ej>Ep.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My off-the-cuff reaction was LSI, but I'd only be sure of Rational and Logical.

Post-videos, I can see LIE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    My off-the-cuff reaction was LSI, but I'd only be sure of Rational and Logical.
    what's with the stream of LSI typings Gilly? Stuck on repeat?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually now I'm thinking more about ILE. ENTx, anyways.

I think it was just the "stare" and the firm expression. He also reminded me of Daniel Craig, whom I've typed as LSI. If I had seen more photos or gotten any impression other than that first one, I probably would never have said LSI.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I dunno. I like him too, but I just think it's because he's a good actor. He saved Charmed from not sucking horribly (despite that show only having a few good episodes)