View Poll Results: Have you ever thought about suicide?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

9 33.33%
  • No.

8 29.63%
  • Yes, and I did it.

2 7.41%
  • I'm not beta.

7 25.93%
  • Yes, and I have planed it.

1 3.70%

Thread: ;;

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ;;

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not Beta.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I'm not Beta.
    oh lol well I didn't see that choice

-1 for yes then

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi
    Suppose there is life after death as some believe.

Without some physical body to interact with the world, how could I change?

What if I was stuck feeling like that for an eternity?

I don't believe in life after death.

But I don't think I want to take that risk.

I want to die happy.
    Solution is simple then... the biggest shot of opiate you can find. :wink:
    ugh... I'm not honestly offended or anything, but I've had too many friends go out that way. I'm sure it's fun and all, but... bleh (a better death I'd suggest is to have a heart attack from too much whorehousing! )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note the guy in my Avatar jumped off the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong...
    That's a guy?????

Way too pretty.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ani, sometimes I love you.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=k8hxB-SgjbM[/youtube]
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, but I have thought about what people would feel if I died in an accident or had a terminal disease.
    LSI

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    No, but I have thought about what people would feel if I died in an accident or had a terminal disease.
    Same here.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm thinking about it right now. not doing it, but you know, the act. i almost killed myself this morning because all the booze i drank last night(vomitting, screaming, being slapped, taking off shirts, hugs for italy, bike tours of mexico-- one hell of a party). i think sitting on my computer all day is close enough to suicide.
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marilyn Manson singing the M*A*S*H* theme. Will wonders never cease. (And I think I saw Dick Cheney in there too, if I'm not mistaken).

Have to say that the Marilyn Manson shows I went to were really fabulous entertainment. The band wasn't bad, either.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    Same here.
    Ditto.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Ani, sometimes I love you.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=k8hxB-SgjbM[/youtube]
    I often love you my Darling sweet.

I myself am rather a fan of that song from the bad vampier flick.

I wanna live, I wanna love, BUT IT'S A LONG HARD ROAD OUT OF HELL.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To whoever answered yes please read this: http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/ help is out there. People can and/or do love you.
    ISTj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God, that shit simply will not work. I mean, nice try and all, nice idea but it wont work.

My brother committed suicide, his body didn't die, thankfully and a few people were able to live because of him. But while he was being flown to the larger hospital I went home and cleaned up his blood and piss and shit because I wanted to do it before he was actually dead.

Sadly, people that REALLY want to kill themselves just do. You might be able to hold it off for a week, or a month, or a year but if someone wants to die they shall.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, your brother committed suicide? =[

Unfortunately, I very much agree with you, PPOD. If someone really wants to kill themselves, they will do so without all that crying for attention B.S. we see so much of nowadays. Those people need help yes, but in all honesty, they won't kill themselves because they just want someone to make their lives better than what it seems to be for them... There is no way I ever considered seriously the act of suicide even in my most depressed moments, when my anxiety was extremely bad... I don't like to think about those times, they were wretched, but I know in my heart of hearts that no matter how bad it would've gotten, I couldn't end my own life. I don't understand people that do... isn't the basic instinct in all to survive?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-bg

the time I was second away from committing suicide it was a simple matter of wanting the pain in my head to stop. I suffered a bigtime anxiety implosion caused by an identity crises caused by messing with my mind with self-hypnosis techniques and NLP techniques after being up for like 5 days on meth and getting stoned.... wheh... anyways... I went frigging nuts... it was like having two people in my head chasing eachother trying to kill the other. It wouldn't stop... the more I tried to make it stop the more they had to decide who was going to die... the more they chased eachother... the more they wanted to kill the other... the more anxiety... the more hurt... the more I wanted it to stop... *repeat*

it was the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life. After about a half hour of it endlessly building and other psychotic delusions/effects growing as the whole thing built up in my mind I went to a buisy road (this was durring rush hour) and stood there suffering about to just run out from behind the bushes and into the rush hour traffic...

anyways... somehow I didn't... somehow I made my way to my house instead (bearly even knowing where my house was at that point) and in a panic I approached my mom and just started talking in a stuttered confused way... the more I talked to her the less I focused on the pain in my head... and that made it go away...

so anyways... it wasn't a depression thing, it wasn't not being able to deal with the world and my problems... it was pure psychological torture of the worst kind and just wanting it to STOP.

so anyways... there's my story of the closest I've ever gotten to offing myself (with many of the details left out since nobody really cares/ they only have meaning to me)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Wow, your brother committed suicide? =[

Unfortunately, I very much agree with you, PPOD. If someone really wants to kill themselves, they will do so without all that crying for attention B.S. we see so much of nowadays. Those people need help yes, but in all honesty, they won't kill themselves because they just want someone to make their lives better than what it seems to be for them... There is no way I ever considered seriously the act of suicide even in my most depressed moments, when my anxiety was extremely bad... I don't like to think about those times, they were wretched, but I know in my heart of hearts that no matter how bad it would've gotten, I couldn't end my own life. I don't understand people that do... isn't the basic instinct in all to survive?
    Everyone wants attention, everyone wants to be supported, to be loved... to be held... perhaps not everyone will admit this.. but there is a part of every person that wants this. Some people because they view this as weak, they will abuse and cause pain to others... perhaps we all do at some time in our life...

Many people kill themselves because the world tells them... you must be strong, you must help yourself, you must be this.. you must be that. This pressure.. can be suffocating. Some of these people are abused... physically, mentally... some of them are just alone. They look at themselves and they see weakness, I am weak.. all these people around me are strong... they seem so cheery.. so happy.. but what this person does not recognize... is that the people around them are weak sometimes too... perhaps they have relationships, parents, lovers, friends that keep them from despair, this does not register with them...

I don't believe suicide to be a rational act.. but most of them in fact no longer seek attention.. they wish to avoid attention, most die in the comfort of their own home, someone secluded, private.
    That isn't true, about people just needing to be loved. The night my brother killed himself he was very clearly upset, most likely about the death of my Mother. I knew that he had drugs and I begged him to talk to me about how he was feeling. I was so willing to talk to him until the sun came up. He didn't want that. He asked me to stay and watch some stupid show with him. Apparently he had already taken whatever killed him. I stayed with him, and I was there when he he started seizing. He just didn't want to live no matter what I or anyone else in the world was willing to do for him.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall
    That must have been a terrifying experience Bionicgoat at least you can look back on it knowing you survived devastation. The fact that you've even had those kind of experiences is also kind of awesome in a sick twisted way, because you can always look back at those times and almost view them as battle scars in some aspects.
    yeah I know what you mean... As painfull and terrifying as the whole thing was I'm actually quite glad that I've gotten a true taste of psychosis. I think it helps me to be able to relate to and understand certain people's thinking/ fears/ personality. Also after the whole thing resolved itself and I finally got over the aftershocks and paranoia that a relapse of the "event" was waiting just around the bend (took about two weeks) I actually felt more whole and together psychologically than I had my entire life. It was sort of like two different parts of my personality that I had been keeping seperate fully integrated that day. If nothing else it makes for a damn good story

(I've learned though not to screw around with NLP and self-hypnosis when I'm in the midst of a meth high, which was a hard habit to kick since the whole thing is pretty addictive (NLP and self-hypnosis I mean). The problem is that you get so obsessive about things when your tweaking and obsessively screwing with your own mind when your in an already skitz out state isn't good for it. hehe I know that firsthand now )

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm surprised that less than half of people who voted had thought about killing themselves - I thought it would have been a lot higher than that - I guess that's a good thing . Suicide is a very dark subject - all the strongest advocates of suicide are dead, and the living can hardly speak authoritatively about it- I think the living are often too harsh on those who are suicidal or have killed themselves, because they see them as weak - I don't think treating the weak harshly is going to help them get better . When I hear about suicides, it makes me very unhappy and I try to ignore them, but when I think about 'that kind of thing', everything seems more clean, because everything is less complicated - my life literally feels as though its in my hands, which is kind of reassuring I guess .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    I'm surprised that less than half of people who voted had thought about killing themselves - I thought it would have been a lot higher than that -
    I can't vote because I don't understand this option:
    "Yes, and I have planed it."

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

It should say 'planned' .