Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Serj Tankian and Daron Malakian

What type is Serj Tankian,

Serj's quotes:

I think music has the ability to inspire people and to change hearts, and the heart has the power to change the mind, and the mind has the power to change the world. ... It's important for all people, and not just people in bands, to speak out on social justice issues. That means journalists or plumbers have just as much of a responsibility to do that as artists.

The next song I wrote in Paris years ago in a dream. So I didn't really write it, the universe wrote it. And that's what I believe about music, I believe it belongs to the universe, it comes from there and it's this beautiful energy that we share that transcends normal flash existence and that we inspire each other through.

Civilization is a failure. We need to think what we can do together in love and peace.

Sometimes a good love song can change the world and create positive energy more than any political song can.

Awareness in our society has flipped all types of injustice on its head.

Science fails to recognize the single most Potent element of human existence... faith. Letting the reigns go to the unfoldings faith, Science has failed our world. Science has failed our mother earth.

I believe very firmly that indigenous populations had a really good, intuitive understanding of why we're here. And we're trying to gain that same understanding through psychology and intellect in modern civilization.

We're addicted to this concept of civilization - we can't imagine living outside of it because we've had it for 10,000 years, all of what we call history. But according to archaeologists, humanity has been on this planet for millions of years in indigenous form.

I really feel like civilization's already over. It's not ending but it's already done. We're all addicted to the concept that humanity equals civilization and that's not the case. We need a global conversation to be able to decipher how we can live from this point forward. We have to redefine our relationship with our environment.

I think that the memory of Armenia's genocide opened my eyes at an early age to the existence of political cynicism.

I've always thought of the sky as, like, an open canvas. When I was a kid and I looked at the sky, I always remember being able to daydream, just looking at the sky, being creative, being able to design things. What would happen if we had no sky? Where would we be?

If you allow for a purely capitalistic society, without any type of regulation at all, you will get one monopoly that will eat all of the smaller fish and own everything, and then you'll have zero capitalism, zero competition - it would just be one giant company.

Sometimes it's better to have a benign dictator than a dumb democracy, to be honest.

We first fought..in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.

I've always worked on all different types of music, some with specific project goals and deadlines and some not. Sometimes I would write a piece of music that is almost like a film score or weird electro pieces, wherever the muse took me, and I still do that.

With most of the songs and music that I've composed, irrespective of the myriad videos made, I was always careful not to overly define the experience, leaving room for people to internalize things for themselves, making their experience more integral.

and Daron Malakian?

Last edited by silke; 09-21-2016 at 11:12 PM. Reason: updated videos

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Serj = ENTj

Some quadra anyway, unless someone else writes those lyrics.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, ILE.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought LII fit serj pretty well. He is strangely calm in a way that I've seen other LIIs are. I don't know about Daron Malakian.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They are Armenian
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Serj Tankian - IEE sx/so

Last edited by silke; 11-24-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serj remembers a lot (same facial expressions and gaze) a definite ENTj who was a great friend of mine when I was younger. He was extremely hardworking, studied subjects before the teacher lessons to show he knew everything and was smart, but just absorbed information (Te).

I think they both are LIE-Te subtype: serious, cold and with flashes of anger. Once this friend threw his cellphone in a girl's direction in rage. Seemingly calm with bursts of madness. Far from LII.

I don't see ENFp at all. I think you, Silke, are terrible at typing. This guy is a clear Logical type. I would like to now your type.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

LSE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure that Serj is INFp and Daron is Te/Fi valuing, it would be crazy to have two Ni-doms in the same band but again it isn't impossible
    Last edited by Jake; 09-22-2016 at 03:31 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My God. You guys are so bad at typing... Serj is a clear NT type: abstract, cold, detached. How can he be ESTJ? How can he be INFp? Holy shit...

I would say 99% of chances he is LIE and 1% of chances he is ILE but I think he is a LIE with a strong Ne Demonstrative (kinda crazy).

By the way, Malakian seems SLI. Introvert, uses Fi, seems sensory, with some Ne Suggestive well developed. Coincidentally, reminds me a lot of an SLI friend of mine, who used to listen to System of a Down with me... LOL!!!