Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 99

Thread: Analysis of Erotic Attitudes

  1. #1
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Analysis of Erotic Attitudes

    There has been lots of talk about erotic attitudes and their roles in intertype relations, so I figured I'd do some speculating about their origins in Model A.

    We all know that the need of one type for another is driven by the inadequacey of each type to comfortably meet all of the expectations placed on him/her. That's pretty basic: Ne needs Si, Se needs Ni. What most people don't look at is how the insecure functions of each pair play into erotic compatibility.

    Perhaps the other, darker origin of intertype relations is based insecurity that originates in the insecure mental track irrational function and is expressed in the roles played out by partners in erotic attitudes.

    Paranoid Se: "Sometimes it feels like the world is working against me; I never have everything I need to accomplish my goals. I just want one person who will always help me, even when it feels like everyone else is working against me."
    Basic desire: To be supported

    Paranoid Ni: "I feel like I don't have any purpose in the world; I wander through life without really being sure of what I'm going to do with myself. I just want one person to need me so I know that, if all else fails, I have something to live for."
    Basic desire: To be needed

    Paranoid Ne: "I'm never sure of what I'm really capable of. I'm always ready for a challenge, but I'm never really sure whether or not I have what it takes. I need a person who can test me, and help me feel reassured about my abilities."
    Basic desire: To be evaluated

    Paranoid Si: "I often feel like nobody values or needs me. I want someone who is willing to strive to attain me, so that I know that I'm worth fighting for."
    Basic desire: To be desired
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  2. #2
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Analysis of Erotic Attitudes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Perhaps the other, darker origin of intertype relations is based insecurity that originates in the insecure mental track irrational function and is expressed in the roles played out by partners in erotic attitudes.

    Paranoid Se: "Sometimes it feels like the world is working against me; I never have everything I need to accomplish my goals. I just want one person who will always help me, even when it feels like everyone else is working against me."
    Basic desire: To be supported

    Paranoid Ni: "I feel like I don't have any purpose in the world; I wander through life without really being sure of what I'm going to do with myself. I just want one person to need me so I know that, if all else fails, I have something to live for."
    Basic desire: To be needed

    Paranoid Ne: "I'm never sure of what I'm really capable of. I'm always ready for a challenge, but I'm never really sure whether or not I have what it takes. I need a person who can test me, and help me feel reassured about my abilities."
    Basic desire: To be evaluated

    Paranoid Si: "I often feel like nobody values or needs me. I want someone who is willing to strive to attain me, so that I know that I'm worth fighting for."
    Basic desire: To be desired
    I think you're right and confirms the little glimpses I've gotten of where the erotic attitudes comes from.

    ETA: Boy did I misread, lol. nm. Anyways good work.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  3. #3
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Analysis of Erotic Attitudes

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Perhaps the other, darker origin of intertype relations is based insecurity that originates in the insecure mental track irrational function and is expressed in the roles played out by partners in erotic attitudes.

    Paranoid Se: "Sometimes it feels like the world is working against me; I never have everything I need to accomplish my goals. I just want one person who will always help me, even when it feels like everyone else is working against me."
    Basic desire: To be supported

    Paranoid Ni: "I feel like I don't have any purpose in the world; I wander through life without really being sure of what I'm going to do with myself. I just want one person to need me so I know that, if all else fails, I have something to live for."
    Basic desire: To be needed

    Paranoid Ne: "I'm never sure of what I'm really capable of. I'm always ready for a challenge, but I'm never really sure whether or not I have what it takes. I need a person who can test me, and help me feel reassured about my abilities."
    Basic desire: To be evaluated

    Paranoid Si: "I often feel like nobody values or needs me. I want someone who is willing to strive to attain me, so that I know that I'm worth fighting for."
    Basic desire: To be desired
    I think you're right and confirms the little glimpses I've gotten of where the erotic attitudes comes from.

    ETA: Boy did I misread, lol. nm. Anyways good work.
    excellent work! can we wiki this?
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  4. #4
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i like it. kinda of outlines the dark side of the leading functions. but do our insecurities come from our lead function? i would think they'd come more from the superego block.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  5. #5
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    i like it. kinda of outlines the dark side of the leading functions. but do our insecurities come from our lead function? i would think they'd come more from the superego block.
    That's what George was saying.
    yeah i see now, i missed it because he didn't say superego block, he said mental track irrational function guess this didn't register.

    what about paranoid Te, Ti, Fe, Fi?

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  6. #6
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    i like it. kinda of outlines the dark side of the leading functions. but do our insecurities come from our lead function? i would think they'd come more from the superego block.
    That's what George was saying.
    yeah i see now, i missed it because he didn't say superego block, he said mental track irrational function guess this didn't register.
    that's just Gilly trying to sound like an intellectual :wink:

  7. #7
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,937
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Victim + Aggressor relationships seem very physical - the Ni type is millions of miles away, and needs to be forced into reality, while the Se type can't stop moving and needs to be guided, or something.

    Ne and Si relationships could be describe in a similar way, but they seem more abstract - more to do with the gentle caress of skin, softly spoken word etc. - Ni is abstract, of course, but a Ni-Se relationship seems like a fisherman trying to catch a fish or something, so it seems very physical and rough. Ne and Si types seem to prefer showing their affection through holding hands, and generally being more 'soft' with each other.[/random ramblings]

    (I think Gilly's thing is very good ).
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  8. #8
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I LOVED that! The Paranoid Se for me is 100% true... can't relate to the Ne/Si ones obviously, but the Paranoid Ni is someone I would love to help...


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  9. #9
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please bear with me...

    If I may interject a noob question here: why "paranoid"? Just as an insecure label for the role? This is Role function in the model, you're discussing... correct? So INFp would be paranoid Si...?

    btw... if you do a web search on "erotic attitudes" you get about 548,000 hits.
    but search "Gulenko erotic attitudes" and you get 44.


    I just found that rather amusing.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  10. #10
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    I LOVED that! The Paranoid Se for me is 100% true... can't relate to the Ne/Si ones obviously, but the Paranoid Ni is someone I would love to help...
    These descriptions are addressing Super-Ego functions. Identifying with the Paranoid Se one would make you an Infantile/Ne type.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  11. #11
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Please bear with me...

    If I may interject a noob question here: why "paranoid"? Just as an insecure label for the role? This is Role function in the model, you're discussing... correct? So INFp would be paranoid Si...?

    btw... if you do a web search on "erotic attitudes" you get about 548,000 hits.
    but search "Gulenko erotic attitudes" and you get 44.


    I just found that rather amusing.
    "Paranoid mental track" just means Super-Ego functions, Paranoid meaning weak and unvalued, and mental track being "conscious." So yes, INFp would be paranoid Si.

    Sorry if my terminology sounded super-intellectual or confusing; that really wasn't my intent If I had thought to say "Super-Ego Irrational function" I would have, but what I wrote was what came to mind first.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  12. #12
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Uh oh...

    I do not identify with Paranoid Si...

    That Paranoid Se one still is perfect for me, and how I tend to always feel.. I want to be supported in achieving my goals. Hmm, well I guess this isn't enough for me to question my type, but still, strange.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  13. #13
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, EVERYONE wants to be supported in their goals; that's not the primary focus of the description. The real focus should be on the first sentence. The real key to understanding paranoid Se is the feeling of "I have to always keep moving in order for the world not to collapse around me." Blaze/diamond has this absolutely nailed when she talks about Ne types feeling like their lives are always a mess, or something to that tune.

    And of course, remember that everyone has certain amounts of each of these in him/here, just like everyone uses each function. The real question is, which is most like the way you actually view the world?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  14. #14
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do feel like my life is always a mess.. and I have felt that "having to keep moving" thing...


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  15. #15
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    I LOVED that! The Paranoid Se for me is 100% true... can't relate to the Ne/Si ones obviously, but the Paranoid Ni is someone I would love to help...
    Heh. That is rather funny You can still reverse before you will be officially typed as..let's say ENFp

  16. #16
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Which .... paranoid function.... are you supposed to relate to?

    POLR? Creative? dual seeking?

    Or just Se - aggressor, Ni - Victim, Si - caregiver, Ne - infantile?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  17. #17
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Uh oh...

    I do not identify with Paranoid Si...

    That Paranoid Se one still is perfect for me, and how I tend to always feel.. I want to be supported in achieving my goals. Hmm, well I guess this isn't enough for me to question my type, but still, strange.
    Shouldn't you identify with Paranoid - Victim?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  18. #18
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Which .... paranoid function.... are you supposed to relate to?

    POLR? Creative? dual seeking?

    Or just Se - aggressor, Ni - Victim, Si - caregiver, Ne - infantile?
    This is for your new identity:
    Paranoid Ni: "I feel like I don't have any purpose in the world; I wander through life without really being sure of what I'm going to do with myself. I just want one person to need me so I know that, if all else fails, I have something to live for."
    Basic desire: To be needed

    This is for your old identity:
    Paranoid Se: "Sometimes it feels like the world is working against me; I never have everything I need to accomplish my goals. I just want one person who will always help me, even when it feels like everyone else is working against me."
    Basic desire: To be supported

  19. #19
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I identify with the Se one too - but not so much that everyone is working against me as that everything is chaos and the world is a cruel, cruel place and someone has to step up and deal with that shit for me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  20. #20
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Which .... paranoid function.... are you supposed to relate to?

    POLR? Creative? dual seeking?

    Or just Se - aggressor, Ni - Victim, Si - caregiver, Ne - infantile?
    This is for your new identity:
    Paranoid Ni: "I feel like I don't have any purpose in the world; I wander through life without really being sure of what I'm going to do with myself. I just want one person to need me so I know that, if all else fails, I have something to live for."
    Basic desire: To be needed

    This is for your old identity:
    Paranoid Se: "Sometimes it feels like the world is working against me; I never have everything I need to accomplish my goals. I just want one person who will always help me, even when it feels like everyone else is working against me."
    Basic desire: To be supported


    That does not answer my question.



    So is it what I said in the first post, or...


    Paranoid Se = Se Polr = Infantile IJ
    Paranoid Ni = Ni Polr = Cargiver EJ
    .....

    and so on.



    PSIf the later, then should there not be "paranoid - (every function)?".)
    I just wanted clarification.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  21. #21
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I identify with the Se one too - but not so much that everyone is working against me as that everything is chaos and the world is a cruel, cruel place and someone has to step up and deal with that shit for me.
    That's basically the gist of it, although perhaps Delta NFs, with weak S and T, would feel like the "powers that be," or some such, are working against them, whereas Alpha NTs might see "people in authority" as being noncompliant or generally ill-meaning. But that's sheer speculation.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  22. #22
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Which .... paranoid function.... are you supposed to relate to?

    POLR? Creative? dual seeking?

    Or just Se - aggressor, Ni - Victim, Si - caregiver, Ne - infantile?
    This is for your new identity:
    Paranoid Ni: "I feel like I don't have any purpose in the world; I wander through life without really being sure of what I'm going to do with myself. I just want one person to need me so I know that, if all else fails, I have something to live for."
    Basic desire: To be needed

    This is for your old identity:
    Paranoid Se: "Sometimes it feels like the world is working against me; I never have everything I need to accomplish my goals. I just want one person who will always help me, even when it feels like everyone else is working against me."
    Basic desire: To be supported
    You value Ti.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  23. #23
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ?


    Could you answer my post please?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  24. #24
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Read the thread, and you will find what you're looking for. I don't feel like saying it over and over again.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  25. #25
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Paranoid Ne fits the bill for me.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  26. #26
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Paranoid Ne fits the bill for me.
    I was actually hoping to hear from you on this one Good to know that they all seem right on; now all we need is Paranoid Ni confirmation...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  27. #27
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Erotic Attitudes are related to irrational functions.

    Fi can certainly provide a specific kind of motivation, but I would never delegate the entire concept of "motivation" to Fi.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  28. #28
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    I LOVED that! The Paranoid Se for me is 100% true... can't relate to the Ne/Si ones obviously, but the Paranoid Ni is someone I would love to help...
    These descriptions are addressing Super-Ego functions. Identifying with the Paranoid Se one would make you an Infantile/Ne type.
    Oh, I see.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  29. #29
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Analysis of Erotic Attitudes

    Are these correct?


    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    INTj, ENTp, INFj, ENFp
    Paranoid Se: "Sometimes it feels like the world is working against me; I never have everything I need to accomplish my goals. I just want one person who will always help me, even when it feels like everyone else is working against me."
    Basic desire: To be supported

    ESFj, ISFp, ESTj, ISTp
    Paranoid Ni: "I feel like I don't have any purpose in the world; I wander through life without really being sure of what I'm going to do with myself. I just want one person to need me so I know that, if all else fails, I have something to live for."
    Basic desire: To be needed

    ISTj, ESTp, ISFj, ESFp
    Paranoid Ne: "I'm never sure of what I'm really capable of. I'm always ready for a challenge, but I'm never really sure whether or not I have what it takes. I need a person who can test me, and help me feel reassured about my abilities."
    Basic desire: To be evaluated

    INFp, ENFj, INTp, ENTj
    Paranoid Si: "I often feel like nobody values or needs me. I want someone who is willing to strive to attain me, so that I know that I'm worth fighting for."
    Basic desire: To be desired
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  30. #30
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Paranoid Se is definitely not me, same for Ne.

    Not sure if Paranoid Ni makes more sense than Si, but right now Ni would have the lead.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  31. #31
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, that's correct.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  32. #32
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Analysis of Erotic Attitudes

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    There has been lots of talk about erotic attitudes and their roles in intertype relations, so I figured I'd do some speculating about their origins in Model A.

    We all know that the need of one type for another is driven by the inadequacey of each type to comfortably meet all of the expectations placed on him/her. That's pretty basic: Ne needs Si, Se needs Ni. What most people don't look at is how the insecure functions of each pair play into erotic compatibility.

    Perhaps the other, darker origin of intertype relations is based insecurity that originates in the insecure mental track irrational function and is expressed in the roles played out by partners in erotic attitudes.

    Paranoid Se: "Sometimes it feels like the world is working against me; I never have everything I need to accomplish my goals. I just want one person who will always help me, even when it feels like everyone else is working against me."
    Basic desire: To be supported

    Paranoid Ni: "I feel like I don't have any purpose in the world; I wander through life without really being sure of what I'm going to do with myself. I just want one person to need me so I know that, if all else fails, I have something to live for."
    Basic desire: To be needed

    Paranoid Ne: "I'm never sure of what I'm really capable of. I'm always ready for a challenge, but I'm never really sure whether or not I have what it takes. I need a person who can test me, and help me feel reassured about my abilities."
    Basic desire: To be evaluated

    Paranoid Si: "I often feel like nobody values or needs me. I want someone who is willing to strive to attain me, so that I know that I'm worth fighting for."
    Basic desire: To be desired
    paranoid Ni :
    1st half is something i regularly and half jokingly admit to in order to make fun of myself. second half, seldom admit to, but feel. whenever suicide comes to mind, it always seems that the scenarios i play out involve some stupid person getting in the way of the act.

    paranoid Ne:
    i would say i generally know what i'm capable of, so that's not really the problem. I relate to needing a person who can test me, though. otherwise we are useless to each other.

    paranoid Si:
    i relate to this the least. although it may seem at times that nobody values me, i can't say it's a real concern of mine. it's a given that nobody will value me because they do not really know me, and how can you value that which you do not know? i do not want someone to strive to attain me. this notion sounds miserable. either take me all at once, or let me take you all at once, but don't "fight for me." Eek. drawn out seductions are embarrassingly passionate and predictable.

    Paranoid Se:
    my ESFp ex was very much this way. it was very obvious that he needed me to support him. suddenly he'd want to become a computer tech and of course i think he can't handle it....yet i say "go for it, sounds like you'd be good at it" and he does the training and the job just fine. i suppose i didn't quite know what to do with his needs, but i can give very good advice to people when i don't relate to them. i also thought it was weird how much he valued his family, by virtue of their being family and nothing more.

    anyway, there is a part of the Se one that rings true for me, but i tend to think of myself as working against the world, and not as much the other way around. i also know that i don't have everything i need for my goals, but i don't blame the world for that. i blame myself and can't imagine having someone else implement my imagination. if i don't have a goal, who fucking cares. i have vague and wonderful goals. this way i cannot fail too many times because midway i can just change the conditions of the goals.

    so i would say Ni>Ne>Se>Si if you want that kind of order....but actually one does not automatically and linearly follow the other. so disregard this last paragraph.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  33. #33
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so the paranoia/eroticism of the rational types is determined by their polr? huh, interesting. i'd rather be irrational then. hahaha better to be paranoid about one's role function than polr any day.

    :-)

    makes sense why i would be attracted then to my estp ex...all that Se is kinda nice...cept that i became more and more like him in order to not feel quashed.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  34. #34
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Analysis of Erotic Attitudes

    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa

    paranoid Si:
    i relate to this the least. although it may seem at times that nobody values me, i can't say it's a real concern of mine. it's a given that nobody will value me because they do not really know me, and how can you value that which you do not know? i do not want someone to strive to attain me. this notion sounds miserable. either take me all at once, or let me take you all at once, but don't "fight for me." Eek. drawn out seductions are embarrassingly passionate and predictable.
    I'd like to point out here that just because one feels a certain way about something, doesn't mean that it plays out exactly in a straightforward path, as in A->B->C.

    I DO in fact relate to paranoid Si, but it's a very core issue, and most of the scenarios I've created did NOT involve following the script of someone actually "fighting for me" or "striving to attain me". Most of the time, I seem to choose someone unavailable in some manner -- and then secretly wish for them to pursue me. (They usually don't). Indirectly in this way, I often set myself up to be disappointed. But then, it seems to me that the ones who have vied to gain my attention directly haven't been challenging enough.

    In the end, it seems I may see my value as determined by the difficulty (initial indifference) of untimately winning the affection/attention of the prize.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  35. #35
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Analysis of Erotic Attitudes

    Quote Originally Posted by aka-kitsune
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa

    paranoid Si:
    i relate to this the least. although it may seem at times that nobody values me, i can't say it's a real concern of mine. it's a given that nobody will value me because they do not really know me, and how can you value that which you do not know? i do not want someone to strive to attain me. this notion sounds miserable. either take me all at once, or let me take you all at once, but don't "fight for me." Eek. drawn out seductions are embarrassingly passionate and predictable.
    I'd like to point out here that just because one feels a certain way about something, doesn't mean that it plays out exactly in a straightforward path, as in A->B->C.

    I DO in fact relate to paranoid Si, but it's a very core issue, and most of the scenarios I've created did NOT involve following the script of someone actually "fighting for me" or "striving to attain me". Most of the time, I seem to choose someone unavailable in some manner -- and then secretly wish for them to pursue me. (They usually don't). Indirectly in this way, I often set myself up to be disappointed. But then, it seems to me that the ones who have vied to gain my attention directly haven't been challenging enough.

    In the end, it seems I may see my value as determined by the difficulty (initial indifference) of untimately winning the affection/attention of the prize.
    Yes, I relate to this. I know exactly what you're saying. In the end, you may grow so tired of the resulting disappointment of the unattainable that you give in to the ones who give you attention more directly. Which could be a relief in some ways as long as you're not settling for the easy catch (which I'm not implying you would do!).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  36. #36
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Paranoid Ni: "I feel like I don't have any purpose in the world; I wander through life without really being sure of what I'm going to do with myself. I just want one person to need me so I know that, if all else fails, I have something to live for."
    Basic desire: To be needed
    From what I know of ESEs - and I've known a few well - I think it fits them. I have less experience with the other Si types.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  37. #37
    redbaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,321
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Paranoid Ni: "I feel like I don't have any purpose in the world; I wander through life without really being sure of what I'm going to do with myself. I just want one person to need me so I know that, if all else fails, I have something to live for."
    Basic desire: To be needed
    From what I know of ESEs - and I've known a few well - I think it fits them. I have less experience with the other Si types.
    Yes, it fits my ESE husband well. But so does the Ne, "to be evaluated". Not sure which fits better.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

  38. #38
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Analysis of Erotic Attitudes

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    excellent work! can we wiki this?
    I intend to include it there. This is one of the most insightful contributions I've seen in quite some time.

    *bows to Gilly*
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  39. #39
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why thank you, I'm rather flattered
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

  40. #40
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *high fives to gilly* :wink:

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •