Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which types are most likely to be called "intense"?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which types are most likely to be called "intense"

And I don't mean quietly intense.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then what do you mean by intense? My idea of intense may not match with what you have in mind when creating this thread, so I would not mind knowing.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Which types are most likely to be called "intense&q

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    And I don't mean quietly intense.
    Betas, especially EIE.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's someone I know who others call "intense". It doesn't seem to be related to the types those people are... it's a common consensus. If asked to describe her in one word, most people would hesitate for a moment, then if I say "intense?" they say, "Yes, that's it! That's the perfect word to describe her. Intense."

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That still doesn't give a very good idea of what you mean by "intense"
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which types are most likely to be called "intense"
    I've been called that. But I think it's more in the "emotional" sense.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    That still doesn't give a very good idea of what you mean by "intense"
    Well I can't read their minds.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But what makes this person "intense?" How do you define "intense?"

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Which types are most likely to be called "intense&a

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Betas, especially EIE.
    I was going to say the same thing. ENFJs are totally intense, especially Fe-sub.

And I can't stand intense (tense, strenuous, constantly high-strung) people, no offense.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

****** was appreciated in his times partly because he was EIE...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    high-strung? That kind of intense?
    Maybe? I don't know. Probably something along the lines of... Opinionated?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, how do you expect us to know which types are "intense" if we don't even know what you mean by the word? You just want us to tell you which type gets called intense the most?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really need to be that specific, list types with the ways that each of them is intense. Otherwise, ignore this thread.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intense as in passionate, I think. As in throwing themselves heart and soul into a project, person, whatever. As in not taking things lightly, as in seeing things in an epic view... it's EIE.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't think I was being incredibly specific; I just didn't know what the you meant There are so many things that intense could mean that I didn't want to give a misleading answer.

I think Se-valuing extroverts are the most intense in terms of throwing themselves at something, like a project or group activity.

I think ESxx tend to be the most "involved," as in taking leadership roles in a group.

ExFx are usually the most emotionally intense, although Fe creatives are up there too.

ExTx are probably the most intense when it comes to being in an argument and refusing to give up their position.

I dunno, I could probably think of a lot more

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been called "intense" and also sometimes call myself "intense," but I mean something different from passionate or opinionated. I would say I'm quite intense insofar as I am like a camel. I drink from an intimate experience thoroughly, then I withdraw for a long time until I get the thirst for connection again. This comes across as intense/confusing/maddening to others who witness the contrast and can never seem to get a grasp on my feelings for them. It's the building of tension that finally manifests itself in an unguarded pursuit of meaning. Sometimes this way of being leads to unnecessary heartache and it certainly leads to greater solitude, but I can't kick the habit and I'm not sure I'd even want to.

I'm also intense in a slightly different way. Inertia --> burst of motivation --> work very hard to get everything done i neglected for weeks = intense.

Given my experience and not much else of substance, I'd guess that irrational introverts would be most prone to "intensity," at least in the way I've described.

dominant sx variants tend to be this way, it seems. type 5 combined with sx seems to be a contradiction in itself. that's why we are exceedingly fun to be around. <sarcasm>
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominant sx variants are almost invariably "intense" in one way or another.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People call my husband intense rather often. He's ESFj and tends to be always on the go, focused, trying to get things done, moving around, expending lots of energy. I don't think I've ever been called intense although I do have some intense internal emotions. No one would know, though, unless I told them.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Which types are most likely to be called "intense&a

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Betas, especially EIE.
    I was going to say the same thing. ENFJs are totally intense, especially Fe-sub.

And I can't stand intense (tense, strenuous, constantly high-strung) people, no offense.
    3rd this. totally beta.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My definition of "intense" would be someone who is willful, driven, passionate, and focused, as well as reflective, introspective, and serious. Scarlett pinpointed it when she said that intense people are those who don't take things lightly.
    Though my definition isn't the most specific, I think the subjectiveness and ambiguity of the concept we're discussing allows for creativity and individual interpretation. My ENTj dad comes to mind when I think of intensity. He has electricity running through his veins, and his spastic nature is almost comedic to those who meet him in casual settings without understanding the internal processes that fuel his external behavior. He quit studying mindfulness meditation because it directly conflicted with what he valued most in himself: his intensity and need for resolution. For him, meditation was akin to pouring water on a burning flame, except his flame was not a destructive fire, but an energy fueling the blast furnace.
    I would also like to say that intensity is not type-exclusive. I know plenty of intense ISTps (read an ISTp blog if you don't know what I'm talking about), some very intense ISFjs (ethics + volitional force = passion), passionate ENFps, and so on. I don't know exactly what it is about some people that makes them intense - enduring difficult life circumstances is the largest factor in my opinion. With that thought in mind, any type can be intense.
    INFp, Intuitive subtype, Enneagram 6w5
    Back in school and on semi-permanent hiatus from the forum

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uninspired
    My definition of "intense" would be someone who is willful, driven, passionate, and focused, as well as reflective, introspective, and serious. Scarlett pinpointed it when she said that intense people are those who don't take things lightly.
    I agree. (though "things" can mean different things to different people)

Though my definition isn't the most specific, I think the subjectiveness and ambiguity of the concept we're discussing allows for creativity and individual interpretation. My ENTj dad comes to mind when I think of intensity. He has electricity running through his veins, and his spastic nature is almost comedic to those who meet him in casual settings without understanding the internal processes that fuel his external behavior. He quit studying mindfulness meditation because it directly conflicted with what he valued most in himself: his intensity and need for resolution. For him, meditation was akin to pouring water on a burning flame, except his flame was not a destructive fire, but an energy fueling the blast furnace.
    How does he relax now?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    I have been called "intense" and also sometimes call myself "intense," but I mean something different from passionate or opinionated. I would say I'm quite intense insofar as I am like a camel.
    I have never heard camels described as "intense".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ni and Se are intense. Most people might think an ENTp is intense because he is bouncing around and never stops with his ideas, but most people shortly realize that he never stops talking about random interests which very few others take seriously. Ni and Se people are intense because people know they can make changes of personal intent in their environment at their discretion.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Ni and Se people are intense because people know they can make changes of personal intent in their environment at their discretion.
    nice description!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does he relax now?
    He plays competitive tennis and loves it. He also goes to the gym frequently and does lots of high-intensity workouts. In essence, he relaxes by doing invigorating things to the point of exhaustion, which works very well for him.
    INFp, Intuitive subtype, Enneagram 6w5
    Back in school and on semi-permanent hiatus from the forum

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does he relax now?
    He plays competitive tennis and loves it. He also goes to the gym frequently and does lots of high-intensity workouts. In essence, he relaxes by doing invigorating things to the point of exhaustion, which works very well for him.
    god he's starting to sound like me. my dad (who is not exactly a spring chicken, btw) does the same thing. i find it does wonders for my ability to sleep, but nothing for my temper. i'm turning into a man.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does he relax now?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weird.

I have been called and called myself intense. They/I were talking about unrelenting commitment to argument or an idea or what I wanted to know. I would NEVER give up, I'd always be the last one standing.

Then I turned into a zombie. I hope I get better soon.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is another thing that's more about the relationship between two people than the type. To someone who is sensitive to Fe, a person with a lot of Fe will seem intense. To someone who is sensitive to Se, a person with a lot of Se will seem intense. Maybe extraverted functions would seem more intense? Anyway, I find people with lots of Se and Ti to be more intense.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intense is the definition of EJ temperament. When someone is described as intense by many people, it's usually because they have very opinions that are not likely to change easily (judging trait) and they have way too much energy (extroverted). EJ temperament people will put a lot of effort into making their ideas a reality, trying to convince others to work toward their idea and not being able to relax until the idea has become a reality. This makes them seem very intense and high-strung. ESj is not able to relax until they have done all that they can for the time being. ENjs are not able to really relax until the end goal has been reached. (and in my case, when I finally reach the goal, I start feeling disoriented for having no purpose and I make a new big goal in a day or two.)

EPs can have bursts of energy which can seem intense for a moment, but it will soon pass. And IJs can have their moments when they behave rather EP and seem intense, but it will also soon pass. Also, IJs can behave very relentlessly consistent in some arguments, which may seem intense by some definitions, but IMHO doesn't even come close to the EJ intense. IPs are relaxed.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    When someone is described as intense by many people, it's usually because they have very opinions that are not likely to change easily (judging trait)
    Not necessarily.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    IPs are relaxed.
    Relaxed? I'd not go that far. Lazy, perhaps. Definitely impractical. IPs do quite a lot of mental scurrying. Perhaps it just looks like we're relaxed because we're doing nothing particularly concrete.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people say I have very intense eyes. Ive noticed this in other SLIs. At least the more out going ones. Eyes seem to be taking in everything.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm yeah I guess some people might call an ISTp who has really strong morals intense. They might call their lovemaking intense.

I think I thought intense was something similar to what kristiina said but now i think slacker mom may be right. I thought people who had strong emotions were intense but that might have to do with the fact that i am a T type!

ENFj seems more intense to me than ENTj, for example.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    people say I have very intense eyes. Ive noticed this in other SLIs. At least the more out going ones. Eyes seem to be taking in everything.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    hm yeah I guess some people might call an ISTp who has really strong morals intense. They might call their lovemaking intense.

You talkin' to me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

{♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    How does he relax now?
    That's exactly what I do.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    How does he relax now?
    god he's starting to sound like me. my dad (who is not exactly a spring chicken, btw) does the same thing. i find it does wonders for my ability to sleep, but nothing for my temper. i'm turning into a man.
    Affection is more useful for toning down temper, and laughter.

On my death stare: Idk. I think I've learnt not to use it when I'm interacting with people, but its still present when I'm just moving going somwhere
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast