Thread: Newbie wanting to know type!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Newbie wanting to know type!

Hey there, I'm new to this forum and am really interested in knowing my type. Obviously I am aware of a lot of the information on the internet to do this myself, yet, when I've given the test to my friends and family, I think, "hang on, you're nothing like that!", so I'm trying to take away the influence of what I want to be, as rather to I am.

I regard being social as a neccessity. I live for books that tell you how important a community is and therefore am social on the basis it is good for my health. I'm also conscious to be social because I hope that it would lead me to new opportunities, with my particular favourite - new love intrests. I am friends with all kinds of people, but with some I wonder why I am friends with some of them when we have nothing in common. I've always felt different. Always felt I see things differently from everyone else, and am perhaps arrogant too, thinking that a lot simply aren't intelligent enough to see things how I do. As a child I was quietly confident and outwitted the system. As a girl in my mid-teens I was desperately quiet, shy and lacking any idea how to deal with social situations. It was this experience to which I lived in the future and lacked any real social connections that made me have a goal - to become an extrovert.

I like to live for the day. This is not a natural thing, but something I've learned to do. Living in the future and plans not turning out how I'd hope made me deeply unhappy. I like to keep my options open about the future, only making brief plans just incase a new friend, opportunity or new man! can be fitted in. I also spend a lot of my time researching self improvement. My book shelves are lined with everything on health, emotional intelligence, travel - anything I can find that might make me happier. I create lists on goals and find myself doing this when one of my plans has failed and am feeling desperate for anything exciting to happen. I'm getting better at setting realistic goals.

I usually come across as very likable. I'm always very polite and take great pleasure in being like this. However often I feel I sacrifice a need to be liked for being who I was as a child - cheeky. I like to argue in a friendly fashion, but to most, I keep this underwrapped. I feel I lack compassion. It's hard for me to feel much for anybody. I prefer to keep in a bubble where I am cool, calm and not letting any outside factors effect my contentness. I have difficulties forming relationships with the opposite sex. I find it very easy to attract people that I am not attracted to, and it's very, very rare that I meet somebody I really, really like. I go with my gut feeling and judge people pretty much straight away. Once I've decided yes or no, that's it. People describe me as "complicated" and that "you never really know what she's thinking". This suprises me. Afterall, I'm friendly and jokey. The idea of commiting scares me too. What if somebody better comes along? I seem to be happy to wait for eternity until I've found what I'm looking for. I am interested in psychology and like to analyse people for my own benefits. I watch people and there body language an awful lot, so that I feel I can respond to them better. I like to guess the consequences of things so that I am prepared, as opposed to suprised when something bad happens.

Hope that wasn't too boring and deep! Appreciate any feedback

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know but you Ella is one of my favorite names

XXTx is all I have so far, seems you are lacking in either Fe or Fi, can't tell yet....

I can see several things but I can't be too sure due to lack of information. And...I'm not the best at typing so I'll come back later when more people have asked questions and all

Or maybe I'm lazy heheh
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Newbie wanting to know type!

Quote Originally Posted by EllaC
    Hey there, I'm new to this forum and am really interested in knowing my type.
    What qualities in other people appeal to you, Ella?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Hey there, I'm new to this forum and am really interested in knowing my type.
    What qualities in other people appeal to you, Ella?
    Oooh, loyalty is a definite. Reliability. Intelligence and not to be pretensious... I like people you can goof around with. A sense of "connection" is important too

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds Alpha NT to me, overall.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EllaC, it is still to early to tell for sure which type you are. In order to do that we need much more information, and test some hypotheses. At this stage in the typing process I can only tell you which impression you give me.

Based on your brief description of yourself and your attitudes, I think that you are more likely an extraverted type than an introverted. Among the extraverted types you come across as most likely an extraverted intuitive type, and you also seem more likely to be an irrational (P) type than a rational (J) type. If I had to pick one type as the most likely, my preliminary guess would be ENFp (IEE). But keep in mind that this is only a starting point, and that the ENFp hypothesis is not at all certain, though it is the type I would bet most money on, based on the information I have right now.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Sounds Alpha NT to me, overall.
    Hah sweet that what I wanted to say but I wanted to wait =D I was actually thinking ENTp
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, don't listen to Phaedrus; he's the forum nutcase. His hobbies include convincing himself of rediculous shit and trying to get better at sounding right.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say don't listen to Phaedrus, but you might want to take his typings with a grain of salt - they are often disputed here. I could see ENFp as a possibility for you too, although it wasn't the first thing to come to mind.
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Creepy-bg

By the way, don't listen to Phaedrus; he's the forum nutcase. His hobbies include convincing himself of rediculous shit and trying to get better at sounding right.
    we should make a master list of the forum nutcases for newbie reference. It would save them much time

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Mea; 03-16-2008 at 12:51 AM.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xNTj vibe

such that

I can conclude* that your vi energy is most likely the same as Carrie Anne Moss' (energy, not phys appearance), whom socionics.com has typed INTj.

* Pleases note I said "conclude," not directly detect, ok?!!!?!?

[hr:1fdba1e671]

Definitely xNTx.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most obvious quadra values are , , and . Alpha. Low concern for although she does addresses it several times - she's basically baffled by it.

ENTp is very likely.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm picking up (Ti) like mad from this descrpition, and from the form in which it is written. You can tell a lot about how people think from how they write, especially if said writing is extemporaneous. Also, you seem to want to live up to some standard of compassion (), which is the role function for leading Ti types.

I'm gonna go out on a limb with = LII = INTj. Maybe LSI, but that (Se) implies hightened observational skills and territorial nature that I don't see in your writing. So LII it is. I think.

JRiddy
    —————King of Socionics—————

Ne-ENTp 7w8 sx/so

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EllaC = member #1000.

you deserve a cookie.

These cookies look soooooooo good btw.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by cracka

These cookies look soooooooo good btw.

ehhh oddly enough I'm not a fan of cookies (even though I'm a total sugar crack head otherwise)... call me weird

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weirdo.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    we should make a master list of the forum nutcases for newbie reference. It would save them much time
    Good idea! (you seriously crack me up)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weirdo.
    + 100

BG is Wierd.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope that wasn't too boring and deep! Appreciate any feedback
    I'm bad at typing people, but I would have said INFj. Right out of the gate you start off on an interpersonal note - not in the sense of, "I love my friends and family," but an intellectualized sort of statement.

I see a lot of Alpha responses, but I don't understand the reasoning behind it.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@force my hand

What she does is the opposite of dominance. What you describe as "intellectualized " is precisely what INFjs don't do.

Her way of approaching relationships is all and . Since she also shows a high value for and an understanding and dismissal of , the Alpha quadra is what makes the most sense.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, fair enough.
    SLI/ISTp -- Te subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a very "mee too" reaction to that, except for the Ne parts... not sure how this can help.

What I really wanted to say is that if you are avoiding cheekyness and introversion, that might be the reason you are attracting people you don't really like.
    LSI

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    I had a very "mee too" reaction to that, except for the Ne parts... not sure how this can help.
    Well, perhaps it is indeed another argument in favor of INTj. I thought ENTp was more likely but I can see the case for INTj.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This description is pretty much how I saw myself 5 years ago. But I did type myself INTj so that works out fine!
    (except living for the day - If my future plan failed, I just set out to make a better plan next time!)
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks muchly for more suggestions! After I started the thread, I've decided I am most likely ENTp. Fits well. You know how it is though, you feel a bit isolated one day and voila, I've wrote a nice dark description!