Thread: What function is this?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What function is this?

The interest and ability (or even compulsion) to network but not necessarily for your own direct benefit--more like an ability to see the needs or interest of someone (even if it's someone you've just met) and connect them with someone else who can help. For example: you're at a party and you find out that a person you know is moving to Africa for business. You automatically remember that an old friend of yours has an uncle who lives in that same African town so you immediately offer to help them make that connection.

What function is that related to?

My husband does this all the time, can't seem to help himself as if it were a subconscious thing--the scanning of his knowledge database for matches. It's interesting and I'm just trying to figure out where that comes from.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my first thought upon reading was Ne, but then i saw that your husband does it and he's esfj, right?

maybe it's kind of Si-like in a way where he thinks that people will be more comfortable if he makes these connections for them?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, he's ESFj and really does fit that description. He likes to help people and make them happy (and in the process maybe he feels like they will like him) so that could be a way of expressing Fe?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    Yes, he's ESFj and really does fit that description. He likes to help people and make them happy (and in the process maybe he feels like they will like him) so that could be a way of expressing Fe?
    yes maybe both. it's just general help, no? esfj's love to help.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    Quote Originally Posted by redbaron
    yes maybe both. it's just general help, no? esfj's love to help.
    Yes, you're right. Must be. I guess I assumed it was some function since I personally am SO bad at that sort of thing. I never remember names and it doesn't occur to me to pull them out at just the right time like that. Not that I don't want to help people, just that it's not such an immediate instinct the way it seems to be with him.

Thanks.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO do that too.
    Like when a person says, I need a new stereo in my car, first thing that comes to mind, is where can I tell them to go to get a hook up or a good deal. usually a name will pop in my head and I'll be like, well if you go "here" talk to "xxxxxx" and tell them you're a good friend of mine you'll get a better deal.
    The same goes for if someone is traveling somewhere, I'd say well if you need someone to show you around I know "xxxxxx" there that I can call and they can show you some cool places. Even though, in my mind I'm 90% sure that most of the time people really don't use the help I could give them, it's just a fulfilling feeling when I do give someone this type of help. For that other 10% that put my help of this type to good use it makes me .

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    lol, I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO do that too.
    Like when a person says, I need a new stereo in my car, first thing that comes to mind, is where can I tell them to go to get a hook up or a good deal. usually a name will pop in my head and I'll be like, well if you go "here" talk to "xxxxxx" and tell them you're a good friend of mine you'll get a better deal.
    The same goes for if someone is traveling somewhere, I'd say well if you need someone to show you around I know "xxxxxx" there that I can call and they can show you some cool places. Even though, in my mind I'm 90% sure that most of the time people really don't use the help I could give them, it's just a fulfilling feeling when I do give someone this type of help. For that other 10% that put my help of this type to good use it makes me .
    Somehow I'm not surprised! Lots of stuff you say on this forum reminds me of my husband. Too funny!
    IEI-Fe 4w3