TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Most likely to survive?

;fdak;jkljadfsljkdfajdfskl;j;akldafskl;;
    Last edited by Lotus; 10-26-2008 at 10:37 PM.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I guess it depends on the scenario. Can they group up together and whatnot? Are they trying to kill each other? Or is this just straight-up who has the best survival skills?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe something of this has been brought up before but it had to do with who would win a reality show ala Big Brother... I remember people saying IEI would last and I agree with that.

However, in a survival type situation like yours, that would not be the case.. I would think that and dominants have the advantage... ESTp, ESTj, ISTj, and ISTp would be the ones most likely to fend well for themselves independently, I believe.. I just don't think any intuitive type would be able to handle the sheer brute of what really needs to be done in order to survive in the wilderness in comparison to a sensory logical type.

If the 16 types were all stranded on an island, I'd imagine there would be groupings according to the quadras, whether they knew it or not because being stranded, well, you don't have other people to talk to and eventually you would find out who you are most compatible with and work from there.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, when it comes to individual survival skills, I'd go with ExTx. Hard to say after that; I'm tempted to say that the sensors would be more equipped for "life in the wild" just in terms of mindset, but I think the intuitives would be more likely to end up MacGuyver-ing their way into out-surviving others.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the nts would probably die pretty quickly without the internerd.

i think ISTp would probably win out, but then i'm thinking of that guy in castaway or whatever. i think he was ISTp.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ESTj.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

STs are the most primitive human beings. I vote for them.
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to choose one type, it would be ESTj. ISTp would probably be next.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    If I had to choose one type, it would be ESTj. ISTp would probably be next.
    Yeah agreed. I think that man vs wild dude bear grylls was suggested to be an ISTp which i could see. He has a survival expert though so i would be interested what type he/she is.

Anthony Hopkins character in "the edge" was pretty rad
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Only lesser types would wait to be rescued after a year - a ENTp on the otherhand, would make a helicopter out of palm tree leaves, lots of resin, and coconut juice, and then fly off the island, leaving everyone else to their miserable fate.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean
    Only lesser types would wait to be rescued after a year - a ENTp on the otherhand, would make a helicopter out of palm tree leaves, lots of resin, and coconut juice, and then fly off the island, leaving everyone else to their miserable fate.
    ILE would take our Quadra with us.. :wink:
    I don't know, the ILE may try and turn the island into a fun park, thereby driving the Gammas and Deltas into the Sea of Seriousness.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure what are the odds of my type(ENFj) to survive. Anyone have an idea?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. It's clear that entp is the most awesome type ever and are certainly the only ones able to escape.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-bg

ISFps would think it was lovely, build a perminant shelter with a pina-colada bar, and move in for good- probably hiding from the rescue copter or at least waving them away when they finally show up.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whichever person is fortunate enough to find their dual first.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Sky
    I am not sure what are the odds of my type(ENFj) to survive. Anyone have an idea?
    U GON DIE
    asd

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Whichever person is fortunate enough to find their dual first.
    On an island with one of each type, and their type on their name tag, that would amount to potentially 5 seconds of determination.
    Johari Box

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Most likely to survive?

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer
    So maybe this is a dumb question, but I've been thinking about it all day:
    Say all sixteen types were lost on an island and they weren't going to be rescued for a year.
    Which types do you think are most likely to be survivors?

Tell me is someone's asked this already.
    Oh, I did not see the island scenario there
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually the scenario would probably be that the Alphas would go wander around the island playing, and setting up semi-nomadic establishments (tree houses and forts) in ideal locations. The Betas are trying to chase them down in order to incorporate them into a larger tribe so that they can conquer the Gammas and their Delta enemies, and they find the Alphas by the fancy huts they leave behind, and realize how practical these tree forts...erm...huts are, but they turn the huts into hutels. The Gammas are just trying to keep those juvenile Alphas and rebellious Betas under control since they are simply not thinking as much about efficient, long term dwelling on this island, and they find these hutels being run by the Betas inefficiently, so and they chase the Betas off. The Gammas turn these establishments into luxury hutels that offer romantic riverboat getaways ( :wink: ). Now the Deltas are a bit slow catching up with the Alphas and they are no rush to run across the aggressive Betas, so they often find themselves retiring in these luxury hutels. Now no one wants to be around old people, so the Gammas leave the Deltas to their own. Then the Alphas come back and party the night away, scaring the Deltas with their "sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll".
    Johari Box

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

...hutels, lol .

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I would be quite likely to survive.

But, I don't know about the rest of you.
    And you call me arrogant?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    That's an awful thing to say. It's probably true though. But how about SFs? I'd say they were more so - the practicalities of the Senser coupled with the compassion of the Feeler. Even in males.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emotions are a more complex brain function than rational thinking. Along the same level of functioning as symbolic thought, actually; this is why Ethics and Intuition are said to both examine "internal" aspects.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by heath
    That's an awful thing to say. It's probably true though. But how about SFs? I'd say they were more so - the practicalities of the Senser coupled with the compassion of the Feeler. Even in males.
    I'd say depends. If competition prevails, then STs. If cooperation prevails, then SFs and NTs equally.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on whether or not people would want to work together.

Is this supposed to be some sort of "SURVIVOR" Tv show?

Or is it just 16 people trying to hold out for a year on an island?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

So far most your imaginations are dissapointing. Except for the one about the hotel and the one about Entps being creative
    Er...I think Logos said 'hutel', not hotel - an important distinction, one which would of course be pointed out by the ISTj on the island, thus proving his worth.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The creation of a mud building on a remote island where guests can stay for an extortionate amount of seashells is a hutel, not a hotel.

Nevermind, I get it.

This makes an interesting game.

While feelers would be still be running about in panic, screaming and crying. I would already start making plans for future. And would begin by whispering sweet of words of visions of power to ENTj, to make him immediately take charge of the official leadership of the island. Then I'd suggest to the ENTj to talk to the ESTp to become our righthand-man/enforcer and offer important position in our hierarchy to the ISTj. I would be officially appointed as the grand vizier of the island. Then we would have the ESTp enforcer kill the INFj for being "useless hippy" and "criticizing our totalitarian government", while it would really be to weaken the only contender to the throne the ESTj. And then we would outcast the INTj as a "crackpot", so there would be none to question any of my visions. And then...

So easy... if some flying object doesn't hit me in the head, while I'm spaced out thinking all this.

:wink:
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    While feelers would be still be running about in panic, screaming and crying.
    The ENFj could turn it into a play, I suppose.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be rescued within 24 hours by "my people", so I could continue on my all-important mission. Whether or not I would be able to take any of you along, we'll see. Maybe the INFj - might be the only one I can trust.

But I would leave detailed instructions just in case you actually wanted to live and prosper as a community. If you want to destroy yourselves, so be it.

Creepy-bg

I would be rescued within 24 hours by "my people", so I could continue on my all-important mission. Whether or not I would be able to take any of you along, we'll see. Maybe the INFj - might be the only one I can trust.

But I would leave detailed instructions just in case you actually wanted to live and prosper as a community. If you want to destroy yourselves, so be it.
    lol I clunk you over the head with a coconut and wave your people away from the island. We're all in this together man!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I suppose you want us to build a statue of you and worship it as well, oh glorious leader .

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Death solves all problems - no man, no problem.

Wow. You're ambitious.
    Well, it's us gammas. And I have to figure out something quick, so I don't have to do any menial tasks

I see myself tanning.
    Nice tan

Actually I think that the more alien the situation is from regular life, the more it favors the NT's, especially NTp's. While more usual crisis situation favours more ST's. Although NT's usually aren't so bad klutzes that it makes much of a difference.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Creepy-bg

fuck... I'd eat somebody. Not a problem.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, if it comes down to it...

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

nah I wouldn't eat a live person... that is just sick. but if they died in an accident or something (like accidentally "tripping" and falling off a cliff or something) I think you can assume they aren't diseased and safe to eat (besides you cook that shit so it kills any little buggers inside them that would cause disease) I've always been a bit cannibal currious I s'pose

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is more than likely that the ENTp helicopter would end up crashing into the ocean a couple of miles from the beach...

I'd say it is some sensory-ethical type who will survive best. They can make the necessary friends and connections needed but also survive in the harsh sensory conditions by themselves and battle for their life if that is called for. ESFps would probably do well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast