Thread: Personal values versus Socionics

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Personal values versus Socionics

There is a separation between socionic values and personal values. I think this influences both interpersonal relations and behavior, even in socionic terms.

For example, as an ENTp, I personally value Ni and Se, instead of my socionic values of Si and Ne. Ne + Se make me sound dynamic. In business settings, I value Te, sometimes in which I do have as I am posting on this forum.

As an ENTp, I am able to get along well with betas, most Alphas and Gammas, and get along decently with Deltas. My best relations are with ENFj’s, this comes primarily from personal experience. My worst relations are with Delta NF’s, I live with two of them.

But does this mean I am Beta ST? No. It means that I have beta (with a touch of Gamma) personal values. Most people have socionic values as their personal values, albeit beneath their awareness (there is some Ne Rick! ).

Does this make sense to everyone? I know this post is very ENTp-ish.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    but that's what I'm stuck with
    Generally when someone doesn't think very highly of their type, or doesn't like the idea of being that type, chances are they're not.
    This, combined with people confusing their personal values with their own socionic values, explains why people mess up when typing themselves.

Could I get feedback from anyone?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a while back, I went through a phase of feeling like I valued Ne (not with Si though), although that's since phased out.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, people confuse their personal values with traits of their types, when in reality those values are but instances of those traits.

This is what makes it so difficult to come up with a good type description. It's much easier to describe a type "from your PoV" with a lot of non-type related data thrown in. Bias is difficult to avoid.

Look at enneagram for another example of the problem at work. (even worse because enneagram is without rigorous structure)