Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: I took another test

  1. #1
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I took another test

    and it said what Rocky said in another post, that I'm probably NeFi:

    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34.6)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******** (8.7)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************** (46.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.3)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ****** (6.6)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.3)
    poor use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************* (43.4)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (48)
    excellent use


    So I have a couple of questions. In the summary it said I am NeFi, but I see that Fe and Se are also high. How is that related, and is that common?

    Also, I want to get my husband (I think he's an ISTP) to take this test but I have a very hard time getting him to do this kind of thing because he thinks it's silly. I had him take one test but I had to read him the questions and he didn't really take it seriously and hardly answered. It did come up as ISTP but I would love to have a way of talking him into sitting and taking a test. Has anyone talked a skeptical spouse/SO into taking a test of this sort and, if so, HOW? It seems like it would be helpful to compare my type to his.

    Thanks!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: I took another test

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Also, I want to get my husband (I think he's an ISTP) to take this test but I have a very hard time getting him to do this kind of thing because he thinks it's silly. I had him take one test but I had to read him the questions and he didn't really take it seriously and hardly answered. It did come up as ISTP but I would love to have a way of talking him into sitting and taking a test. Has anyone talked a skeptical spouse/SO into taking a test of this sort and, if so, HOW? It seems like it would be helpful to compare my type to his.
    Looks like it's better for you to try to type your husband through profiles rather than having him do the tests - - especially as a sensory type, if he has already concluded that such tests are useless or not serious, it will be difficult to get him to change his mind unless you could present a lot of evidence that it does work in a practical way.

    I tried to get a friend of mind, an (I believe) ISFj, to do a test in order to see if I was right, and his answer was, "why should I try to know my supposed personality type, if I'm happy with myself and don't want to change?"
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    Creepy-

    Default

    fdsdf

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: I took another test

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    and it said what Rocky said in another post, that I'm probably NeFi:

    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34.6)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******** (8.7)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************** (46.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.3)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ****** (6.6)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.3)
    poor use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************* (43.4)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (48)
    excellent use


    So I have a couple of questions. In the summary it said I am NeFi, but I see that Fe and Se are also high. How is that related, and is that common?

    Also, I want to get my husband (I think he's an ISTP) to take this test but I have a very hard time getting him to do this kind of thing because he thinks it's silly. I had him take one test but I had to read him the questions and he didn't really take it seriously and hardly answered. It did come up as ISTP but I would love to have a way of talking him into sitting and taking a test. Has anyone talked a skeptical spouse/SO into taking a test of this sort and, if so, HOW? It seems like it would be helpful to compare my type to his.

    Thanks!
    If thats an MBTI test, then its saying you're MBTI IxFJ.. More likely to be INFJ than ISFJ. I dunno why the test would report ENFP.
    thing.

  5. #5
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The test was here: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment.html

    And here's the summary:

    Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFP
    The corresponding best-fit temperament: Idealist

    Lead (Dominant) Process
    Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Eondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

    Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

    If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFP, or ESFP
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: I took another test

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    and it said what Rocky said in another post, that I'm probably NeFi:

    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ********************************** (34.6)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******** (8.7)
    unused
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************************************** (46.7)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************* (31.3)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ****** (6.6)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************** (20.3)
    poor use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************************************* (43.4)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************************** (48)
    excellent use


    So I have a couple of questions. In the summary it said I am NeFi, but I see that Fe and Se are also high. How is that related, and is that common?

    Also, I want to get my husband (I think he's an ISTP) to take this test but I have a very hard time getting him to do this kind of thing because he thinks it's silly. I had him take one test but I had to read him the questions and he didn't really take it seriously and hardly answered. It did come up as ISTP but I would love to have a way of talking him into sitting and taking a test. Has anyone talked a skeptical spouse/SO into taking a test of this sort and, if so, HOW? It seems like it would be helpful to compare my type to his.

    Thanks!
    If thats an MBTI test, then its saying you're MBTI IxFJ.. More likely to be INFJ than ISFJ. I dunno why the test would report ENFP.
    Woah.. I meant IxFP.. MBTI IxFP:

    Fi
    Xe (more N than S)
    Yi (more S than N)
    Te

    Socionics/MBTI confusion. But still, it seems Fi is the lead.
    thing.

  7. #7
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Ne-Si-Ti-Fe
    Ni-Se-Te-Fi

    I would say that is definatelly XNFp ...

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Ne-Si-Ti-Fe
    Ni-Se-Te-Fi

    I would say that is definatelly XNFp ...
    (1) --> ENFP

    (2) --> ENFJ/INFP:

    ENFJ - INFP = 28
    ENFP - INFJ = 22
    ESFJ - ISFP = 22
    ENTP - INTJ = 16
    ENTJ - INTP = 8
    ESTJ - ISTP = 8
    ESTP - ISTJ = 4
    ESFP - ISFJ = 4

    (3) --> ENFJ:

    Ne, Fe -- 32
    Fi -- 22
    Ni -- 16
    Si -- 13
    Se -- -6 (18Weak)
    Ti -- -4 (20Weak)
    Te -- -6 (22Weak)

    For number three, I brute forced it. The only valid type from that ordering is ENFJ.

    (4) rmcnew's (he made the test) primary modes --> ENFJ/INFP:

    Ne - Fe - Si - Ti
    Ti - Fe - Ne - Si (reordered)

    ENFJ(3): (Ti) - Fi - (Ne) - (Si)
    INFP(3): (Ti) - (Fe) - Ni - (Si)
    ISFJ(2): Te - (Fe) - Ne - (Si)
    ENFP(1): Te - Fi - (Ne) - Se
    INFJ(1): Te - (Fe) - Ni - Se
    ISFP(1): Te - Fi - (Ne) - Se

    (5) Conclusion --> ENFJ/INFP:

    Usually, with rmcnew's test, the first result (the straight type) is usually not correct. So, I'd feel non-biased ignoring it. Every method he provides for looking at your results states that you are ENFJ/INFP. So, its a matter, now, of deciding if you are more extraverted than introverted.
    thing.

  10. #10
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really like the INFP description. I don't really think of myself as an introvert. But the whole description at http://socion.info/INFP.html sounds like me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I really like the INFP description. I don't really think of myself as an introvert. But the whole description at http://socion.info/INFP.html sounds like me.
    Oh-- k. Well, maybe you are an ENFP, then. ENFPs do tend to like INFp descriptions--that is how they'd like to see themselves. I'm not sure why. It kinda gives, because you don't think you are introverted.
    thing.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow! That is good MySaviour, looks like you have caught on to the methods of interpreting the test ... That does in fact say INFp ...

    Anyhow, I have pretty much learned that people are just going to take the test and come to the conclusion that they like regardless ... some people are going to be so insistant that they are introverts, that they will not consider an introverted type ... and others so insistant that they are extroverts, that they will not consider an extroverted type. Most of it comes from a biased stereotypical confusion over what and extrovert and introvert actually is and from flawed theories that are not origionally from Jung ... Hans Eysenck, for example ...

  13. #13
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The INFPs sound very artistic and mysterious. I like the idea of being artistic but I'm not that talented at anything. I don't know how mysterious I am.

    I've always been the social gathering person everywhere I've worked. I'm not necessarily very extraverted with strangers, although I can be, but with people I see on a regular basis I think I'm pretty extraverted.

    I do not think the ENFJ one sounds like me. It sounds like my dad though.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    I've always been the social gathering person everywhere I've worked. I'm not necessarily very extraverted with strangers, although I can be, but with people I see on a regular basis I think I'm pretty extraverted.
    That is how my INFp friend in college behaved ... though introverted, he was totally a social gathering person.

    Anyhow, I do not really think you are an ENFp ... but, that is your decision.

  15. #15
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Here are the INFP parts that sound like me (from http://socion.info/INFP.html)

    1. At their core, INFps cannot bear being disliked – they would rather die beloved than live despised. In social situations, they tend to take on the role of a pacifist – averting conflict, to the point of putting themselves in the middle of an argument. They rarely like taking sides unless they truly believe they are acting nobly. They want to be thought of as wise beyond their years (and they often are), sometimes taking on the role of a learned sage come down from the mountaintop after having spent fifty years observing the ways of his fellow men. They can become great at debate if the topic is one they care about, but will often turn to impressive and pensive rhetoric as opposed to solid factual evidence when making their case.

    2. A spurned INFp will not usually concentrate on ways to hurt the offender. They are fundamentally gentle souls. However, they may brood for quite some time on how they themselves have been hurt. These people truly make an art of wallowing in their own misery.

    3. The INFp cannot abide formality when it estranges people from their own human nature. When confronted with such an environment, they revert to the old adage: “No one’s shit smells better than anyone else’s.” Pomposity annoys them for the same reason people who “take themselves way too seriously” do.

    4. The habitations of INFps are, more often than not, visibly disorganized – messy even. However, they can be quite good at cleaning up when expecting company. They will not only clean up, but place impressive objects (oftentimes, their own artwork) “on display.” This is an extension of the elegance they wish to convey.

    5. Physical well being is merely a small facet of life – it will never become a focal point for an INFp. Despite this, they will often pay special attention to the way they dress. They don’t “dress to impress” exactly. They dress in order to convey – they are fond of wearing solid colors but will settle for anything that can be described as “striking” – in an understated way, of course! Their own insecurity forbids them from making an ostentatious show of dress.

    6. (and I am a mom so this is something I have thought about at great length) A key word for this type is “empathy.” INFp children will often be the ones to ask their parents why they did not give the homeless man his spare change, or why that woman is crying. They are quite nurturing as parents – often because they can so clearly remember their own parent’s insensitivity. They are remarkably affectionate, but will never smother their children. INFp parents tend to be the most open-minded and tolerant of parents. They are not the type of parent to set down hard and fast expectations of Ivy League colleges and high-paying clerical jobs. An INFp child is devastated if their parent expresses disappointment and many INFps have horror stories of their own unhappy upbringing. For this reason, they tend to identify with their children rather than with their own role as a parent. Their credo on this subject: “The greatest thing I can hope for as a parent is that my child is content with himself, and noble in character.”

    7. INFps are genuinely selfless in relationships – if they love you, they will never act on it unless they are sure you want them to love you. As a result, dating can present many stumbling blocks (especially for the males of this type). True hopeless romantics, they want a storybook love life. However, they can be incredibly insecure. As a result, most will never take the first initiative. (Or the second, or the third, or the… you get my drift.)

    That's an awful lot of the INFP description that sounds like me. But I don't know if I'm that artistic. Although I would love to be.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  16. #16
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see that photos sometimes help? Here's a photo of me and my husband. It's a few years old but I don't have a scanner and I don't have any other photos of myself scanned in.

    As it stands I think I'm an INFP but I wish I felt more secure about it.

    [/img]

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nicky, you said you have a poor concept of time and that you feel pressure in certain situations. Those two traits are common to the socionics IEE (ENFP), not the socionics IEI (INFP).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  18. #18
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do have a poor concept of time - I'm often late for things and I forget how long it's been since things happened. And I feel so much pressure in some situations that when we moved from one house to the other my husband had me go out during the day and come home to the new house because he knew I wouldn't be able to handle the pressure.

    The thing that makes me feel most like an ENFP - and I strongly associate with that description as well - is the relationships part. My husband and I hardly ever fight or have any real conflict at all. It's weird how easy our marriage is compared to other couples I know. I'm almost positive he's an ISTP with his need for space, and his love of crafting things, and his thrill-seeking side.

    My mom and I don't get along - she feels very controlling to me and I avoid her. She really fits the INTJ description, which would make us have a supervisory type relationship.

    Of course I could be wrong about their types.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, come to think of it ... you do sort of come off like another ENFp girl I know ... sort of look like her, too ...

    Let me ask you a few questions ...

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you have a fear of not having anyone to talk to, and there is stress and anxiety involved in that?

    or

    Do you have a fear of having no one around to listen to what you have to say, and there is stress and anxiety involved in that?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    and
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you have a secret wish to be dominated?

    or

    Do you have a secret wish that another person would care for and about you?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    and
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you feel inferiority in expressing acts of force of will, like you do not have the authority to discipline? Is it difficult for you to think that you can punish another for specific behaviours?

    or

    Do you feel inferiority in expressing self-discipline, like you may not have enough self-control in certain specific situations and that causes problems for you?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

  20. #20
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Fear of not having anyone to talk to.

    Being dominated sounds too controlling. But I do need someone to care for me.

    I have a child and I don't do heavy-handed punishment but I put her in time-outs without any difficulty. I do worry sometimes about self control.

    Thanks for your help

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You're definalty an Intuitive-ethical Extravert. Welcome to Delta!
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    Fear of not having anyone to talk to.

    Being dominated sounds too controlling. But I do need someone to care for me.

    I have a child and I don't do heavy-handed punishment but I put her in time-outs without any difficulty. I do worry sometimes about self control.

    Thanks for your help
    Maybe those questions were not so clear, let me rephrase some of this and see how you answer ...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you yearn for another to help you be self-controlled and can direct the enviroment around him or her?

    or

    Do you yearn for another who has self-control and generally takes care of the enviroment around him or her?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    When you said you have a fear of not having someone around to talk to, is it because first you want them to talk to you or because you first want them to listen to you?

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Do you have problems with self-control as in that you can not control your spending habits and buy stuff you do not necessarily need or can not force yourself to do mudane task, or anything else that requires self-discipline or self-control?

  23. #23
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've got to start from the bottom up because the bottom ones are easier to answer.

    I have huge trouble doing mundane tasks. I have moderate trouble with spending.

    I like to chat with people. I don't know if I care who talks first. If I went over to my neighbor's house, I'd probably tell her about my day before I'd ask her about hers, and now I'm feeling a little guilty about that.

    The top one is the hardest. They sound the same to me. I have trouble organizing and when things get bad I ask my husband to help me re-organize something and then I work to continue that system. But I think what I like about him is that he is self controlled, not that he helps me be self controlled, even though I do ask for his help sometimes. Really it's just that I recognize that he's better at that than I am. With bills and stuff I'd rather he just take care of the whole thing. I don't really want anything to do with that.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have huge trouble doing mundane tasks. I have moderate trouble with spending.

    Just so long as you do not want everything that catches you eye and lose track of how much you are spending, right?

    as ROLE function and as suggestive function


    I like to chat with people. I don't know if I care who talks first. If I went over to my neighbor's house, I'd probably tell her about my day before I'd ask her about hers, and now I'm feeling a little guilty about that.


    as PoLR function and as hidden agenda ...

    ENFps and ESFps both start to feel really really guilty once they realize they are the only ones who are talking ... That is not the case with INFps, who could chatter the day away about nonsense to just anyone and not think a thing about it.


    The top one is the hardest. They sound the same to me. I have trouble organizing and when things get bad I ask my husband to help me re-organize something and then I work to continue that system. But I think what I like about him is that he is self controlled, not that he helps me be self controlled, even though I do ask for his help sometimes. Really it's just that I recognize that he's better at that than I am. With bills and stuff I'd rather he just take care of the whole thing. I don't really want anything to do with that.


    Obviously as suggestive function ...

    Congratualtions, you are obviously an ENFp ...

  25. #25
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thank you!

    Now I can put my signature back in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •