Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 50

Thread: A day in the mind of an ENFp

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default A day in the mind of an ENFp...

    Okay, so it looks like I will be starting this thread in ENFp after all.

    "Wow, he's cranky today! I wonder why he's feeling like that. It's okay, I'll fix it." *smiles big and greets gentleman in question*

    "Hm, is this skirt too short? Hehe, never! Where are my heels?"

    "OMG it's garbage day today! I need to go empty the bathroom and office garbage and- hey, if I don't eat those bananas soon they're going to go bad. Maybe I can make some banana bread. Where are my keys?! OOH! I need to call Emily this morning before I leave for work! Crap, it's garbage day today, isn't it?"

    "wow they look like they need to talk about their deepest & darkest, lucky I'm here" :wink:

    "ooooohhhhhhhhhhh emoticons!"


    Joy, AKA NeonMonk

  2. #2
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "You're right, this shirt looks good on me, but I hate it anyway. It's not inspiring."

    "Sheesh, why do you take things so seriously?"

    "Wouldn't it be fun to break up the meeting and lighten things up by having a little food fight?"

    "Oh dear, those people here look so prim and prissy and perfect. Argh. I wish I had looked in the mirror before I left the house. I'm sure my hair's a mess."

    "I wish I were a pirate, then I could just go and have a duel with this guy."

    (During a discussion) *thinks to herself* "Well, no wonder we're getting nowhere. He was so vague that she misunderstood him, so she disagreed, but in actual fact she thinks the same things he's thinking... Why do those people constantly start discussions without first clarifying the key terms of their argument? They're constantly using vague terms and then of course people will misunderstand them. I would like to point this out to them, but they're so worked up I can't get a word in edgeways. And anyway I would probably sound like a know-it-all."

    "Let's go out and do something adventurous."

    "I wish I had a PA."

    "I haven't worked out the details yet, but you probably understand my general drift."

    ...and some quotes that sound a bit ENFP:

    "Never trust a man who, if left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on." (Billy Connolly)

    "I'm a revolutionary liberal. Storm the House of Parliament, kick the f...ing doors in and say 'look - we'll pay for them.'" (Eddie Izzard)

    "The purpose of satire, it has been rightfully said, is to strip off the veneer of comforting illusion and cosy half-truth. And our purpose, as I see it, is to put it back again." (Flanders and Swann)

  3. #3
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry, got logged out again. That was me.

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ahahahahahahahhaha

    "OH CRAP! I forgot to log in again!"

    Joy, AKA NeonMonk

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "Sheesh, why do you take things so seriously?"

    So true!

    "What makes you say that?"
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

  6. #6
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Joy, I was actually going to say that, but I didn't want to sound too typical.

    (to avoid an argument after having said something controversial) "Well, but that's just my own opinion, take it for what it's worth, don't take me too seriously". Read the other ENFP thread, people were saying that there all the time. I think ENFPs do it a lot, but mainly to give the other person a chance to save face, and to avoid having an argument.

    And no, I'm not logged in, AGAIN...

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha, yeah, "but that's just what I think."
    "This is just my experience."
    "I may be wrong."
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    i forgot
    Posts
    558
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is this one ENFP that I knew.

    One day he was late for an exam. It was mainly because he had forgotten he had one. He remembered when he got out of the shower and was getting dressed to go lounge around. So in a mad dash he put together what he could find, grabbed a sheet of paper with random equations, and rushed out.

    No pants.

    And on top of that, he managed to make it all the way to the exam, take it, go back to his dorm, and not once be told of his oversight.

    It wasn't until I saw him in the hallway, on his way back, and asked him, "WTF are you doing now?!?!" that he realized what happened.

    "Shit!!! I just took an exam like this!"

    The mortified look on his face just destroyed me!!! Probably the only time he saw me laugh (I know him, but not that well).
    thing.

  9. #9
    Creepy-ENFPerator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MySaviour
    There is this one ENFP that I knew.

    One day he was late for an exam. It was mainly because he had forgotten he had one. He remembered when he got out of the shower and was getting dressed to go lounge around. So in a mad dash he put together what he could find, grabbed a sheet of paper with random equations, and rushed out.

    No pants.

    And on top of that, he managed to make it all the way to the exam, take it, go back to his dorm, and not once be told of his oversight.

    It wasn't until I saw him in the hallway, on his way back, and asked him, "WTF are you doing now?!?!" that he realized what happened.

    "Shit!!! I just took an exam like this!"

    The mortified look on his face just destroyed me!!! Probably the only time he saw me laugh (I know him, but not that well).
    Yeah, only an ENFP is capable of this. Proud to be one of them.

  10. #10
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A day in the mind of an ENFp...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    "OMG it's garbage day today! I need to go empty the bathroom and office garbage and- hey, if I don't eat those bananas soon they're going to go bad. Maybe I can make some banana bread. Where are my keys?! OOH! I need to call Emily this morning before I leave for work! Crap, it's garbage day today, isn't it?"
    Oh man, welcome to my world...
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  11. #11
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonk
    Haha, yeah, "but that's just what I think."
    "This is just my experience."
    "I may be wrong."
    The worst is when people take this at face value and start patronizing you. I mean, we're asking for it, really.

    There is this one ENFP that I knew.

    One day he was late for an exam. It was mainly because he had forgotten he had one. He remembered when he got out of the shower and was getting dressed to go lounge around. So in a mad dash he put together what he could find, grabbed a sheet of paper with random equations, and rushed out.

    No pants.

    And on top of that, he managed to make it all the way to the exam, take it, go back to his dorm, and not once be told of his oversight.
    Poor guy! But it's so typical... If you compare our contact to reality to listening to the radio, then other types have crystal clear sound, but ENFPs sometimes just get white noise.

    Sentences ENFPs hear a lot:

    "You forgot it AGAIN?"
    "But anyone can do that. A child could do that. Why can't you?"
    "I told you a hundred times that..."
    "But you were together with her all evening. Why can't you remember if she wears glasses or not?"

  12. #12
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have you ever locked yourself out of your car.......while it was still running?
    I used to leave the house, get in the car - get out of the car- go back into the house - get my car keys- start to walk out- stop- turn and pick up my lunch that I had almost forgot. Get into the car-start it up- turn it off- get out - go into the house - find the pants I wore last night - pull my wallet out of the back pocket - grab my cell phone that I almost forgot- Dang! the battery is dead- hook it up to the charger- grab a cd and head for the car again - get out agian.... about a half hour later I would take off. Halfway to where ever I was going I would say OH CRAP! I forgot to bring ... fill in the blank

    Topaz

  13. #13
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whats up with IEE and bags btw. I have a backpack or some sort of bag with me everywhere I go. I keep all my papers, bills to pay, a book, some candy, i-pod, cell phone, thousands of pens and pencils, some smashed potatoe chips etc...
    I used to carry all my books home to do my homework everyday and NEVER did it till I got to school the next morning - in a fevered rush. I still got good grades but, whats up with that?

    Topaz

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd like the ENFps here to "decode" these happening, as in what happened in his head when he did this:
    And ENFp friend of mine is a very nice guy, always smiling and welcoming (Though I at times can look right behind it and see that his real thought at times is "My god, why can't that person just go away, he/she is so annoying!"). The thing is, he has had some weird happenings. A few examples below:
    He once managed to throw his wallet from 2 meters away, hit through the open window of the car and straight into my face. He was in a hurry, as he was late to something, and was trying to hurry up.
    He later that same day managed to drop his keychain onto the ground three times consecutively within 3 minutes of each others.
    What went through his head? And, better yet, what went through the heads of the ISFp and the ESFp that stood nearby?
    (Please note, I do understand the absentmindedness: On occasion, I've managed to trip over armchairs etc.)

    I know how this happened and why. I just want to know how he would feel and what he would think beyond the obvious.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

    INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

    (Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    51
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: A day in the mind of an ENFp...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    "OMG it's garbage day today! I need to go empty the bathroom and office garbage and- hey, if I don't eat those bananas soon they're going to go bad. Maybe I can make some banana bread. Where are my keys?! OOH! I need to call Emily this morning before I leave for work! Crap, it's garbage day today, isn't it?"

    yay! people think the same way that i do! i have thoughts like this all the time, except for i usually say them outloud and my roommate gets to hear it all and when i finally realize that i am talking out loud, i stop, and she looks at me all wierd, but then we laugh. people near me when i do this are always so entertained by my thought process. the fun thing is, that i am always entertained too.
    *ENFp*
    Play with me!!

  16. #16
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    One time I was so preoccupied that I locked myself out of my car, with the motor running, with the music blaring, AND with the pizzas I was supposed to be delivering in my front seat!

    I want pizza.

  17. #17
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    A day in the life of this ENFp:

    Kim wants to water plant on balcony. On the way to the kitchen (to get water), Kim sees bill on table. Kim takes bill and goes to desk to write check. Kim can't find pen and looks for one on another table. Kim sees library book on table that is overdue. Kim takes book to put it in her bag. Next to the bag, Kim sees shirt on the floor. Kim picks up shirt to put it in laundry basket. On the way to laundry basket, Kim sees a pen on the floor. Kim is happy because she vaguely remembers that she needed a pen. Kim picks up pen and goes to desk. On the way, she throws shirt on a chair. Kim writes check. She can't find stamps, so she goes to check the kitchen drawer. In the kitchen, Kim remembers that she wanted to water the plant. On the way to the balcony, Kim realizes that she forgot to write important e-mail. Kim turns on the computer. Kim thinks "I'll just check 16types.info real quick." Two hours later, Kim is tired. She decides to go to bed and do everything else the next day. If Kim is lucky, she picks up the shirt from the chair and takes it to the laundry basket. If she does, it gives her a great sense of accomplishment.

    Kim's plants are very forgiving... :wink:
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  18. #18
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That sounds like an ENTp day, except more emotional perhaps.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Pennsylvania
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Know I know for sure I'm an ENFp and not an INFp . . . and my name is JOY!
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

    Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

  20. #20
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    really?! mine too! except I'm an ENTp...

  21. #21
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    That sounds like an ENTp day, except more emotional perhaps.
    your day is more emotional?
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  22. #22
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    How would she know?
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    483
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, when one knows it's an ENFp who's doing it, one puts the emotions in between the lines. I think if Joy posted the exact same thing, I'd read it differently.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

  24. #24
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    I'd like the ENFps here to "decode" these happening, as in what happened in his head when he did this:

    He later that same day managed to drop his keychain onto the ground three times consecutively within 3 minutes of each others.
    What went through his head? And, better yet, what went through the heads of the ISFp and the ESFp that stood nearby?

    I know how this happened and why. I just want to know how he would feel and what he would think beyond the obvious.
    Well, since I am an ENFP, all these things ARE obvious to me...

    "Whoops, dropped my key... and with people watching me, too. Dang. Why doesn't this ever happen to the ISFP guy? Well, I'll just pick the thing up and pretend it didn't happen. --- OK. That's better. Now I'm going to take care that it doesn't happen again."
    (Becomes nervous; as always when he's nervous, cannot keep still and starts to fidget, play with keys etc.)
    "Sh...t! Dropped them again... now this is really getting embarassing. It MUST NOT happen again. Those guys will think I'm totally ham-fisted. I must take care now."
    (Becomes more nervous still, is grimly determined to hold on to key. But as usual when he's grimly determined to get a physical movement just right, he becomes clumsy and has the self-control of a Newfoundland puppy with diarrhoea. Drops keys again.)

  25. #25
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That was me. Logged in, got logged out again. But this IS a thread about ENFP oddities, right?...

  26. #26
    Creepy-ENFPerator

    Default

    Sometimes I become so clumsy and chaotic, that I just can nothing but laugh about it and then I become sarcastic. I'm trying to take it with humor no matter how stupid my actions were. Maybe we all should do that?

  27. #27
    Creepy-ENFPerator

    Default

    I remember one psychologist who told he deals with his embarrassment by telling stories about his odd bahavior. And with every time he was less and less embarrassed about these memories. He was telling his story at the parties and made jokes about it.

  28. #28
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFPerator
    I remember one psychologist who told he deals with his embarrassment by telling stories about his odd bahavior. And with every time he was less and less embarrassed about these memories. He was telling his story at the parties and made jokes about it.
    Totally. Thats what I do. Once I was visiting Paris with some friends and I left the group to find and ATM machine. It had been raining and so those quaint cobblestone streets were covered in a nice slick film of slippery dew. Anyway I realized that I had gone far away to find the ATM and that they would be impatient so I decide to make up for lost time by running back. As fate would have it I slipped on the cobblestones and fell smack dab in front of oh about a hundred outdoor cafes, filled with people. I hit hard, rolled over, bounced up and kept running like it was almost choreographed When I got to my friends I was laughing so hard I could almost not finish the story. I seemed like it had almost happened to somebody else it was so absurd. They laughed too.

    Topaz

  29. #29

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hows this, aaron sits down to study for his test in an hour, aaron logs onto computer, instead of studying aaron ends up on the16types site, in the middle of reading a post aaron gets up to get his guitar (laying on the ground 3 ft away) but on the way up from his chair gets distracted and goes and gets a drink instead, when he gets back he sits down and replies to the only half read post and as he's typing remembers the guitar idea... now he's thinking about getting supper but doesnt think he'll do it cuz he likes the way his chair is feeling
    ________
    hotels in mexico city
    Last edited by ENFPaaron; 01-28-2011 at 02:08 PM.

  30. #30
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENFPaaron
    hows this, aaron sits down to study for his test in an hour, aaron logs onto computer, instead of studying aaron ends up on the16types site, in the middle of reading a post aaron gets up to get his guitar (laying on the ground 3 ft away) but on the way up from his chair gets distracted and goes and gets a drink instead, when he gets back he sits down and replies to the only half read post and as he's typing remembers the guitar idea... now he's thinking about getting supper but doesnt think he'll do it cuz he likes the way his chair is feeling
    Yep, he he
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  31. #31
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok, here is the emotional version:

    Kim wants to water plant on balcony(cheerful because she loves her plants, especially since she currently can't have pets). On the way to the kitchen (to get water), Kim sees bill on table (severe anxiety attack sets in. Damn! Do I have money in my account to pay this? Kim gets panicky). Kim takes bill and goes to desk to write check (Kim feels strong because she tackles what causes her anxiety. She is determined to get this done). Kim can't find pen (and gets really irritated because Kim hates searching for things) and looks for one on another table. Kim sees library book on table that is overdue (another anxiety attack, but not quite as severe. Actually just annoyance. Kim is not sure which one). Kim takes book to put it in her bag. Next to the bag, Kim sees shirt on the floor (Another annoyance attack. Kim has to do laundry, yuck!!) . Kim picks up shirt to put it in laundry basket. On the way to laundry basket, Kim sees a pen on the floor. Kim is happy because she vaguely remembers that she needed a pen. Kim picks up pen and goes to desk. On the way, she throws shirt on a chair (feels happy because she has forgotten that she needs to to laundry). Kim writes check. She can't find stamps (and gets REALLY irritated because, as we know by now, Kim hates to look for things), so she goes to check the kitchen drawer. In the kitchen, Kim remembers that she wanted to water the plant (now Kim gets really annoyed with herself because she is so damn scattered and distracted). On the way to the balcony, Kim realizes that she forgot to write important e-mail (Kim is sad now because she thinks that she is just pathetic in her scatteredness). Kim turns on the computer. Kim thinks "I'll just check 16types.info real quick." (Kim is happy because there are so many nice people who remind her how cute and lovable ENFps are in all their scatterdness. Life is good!) Two hours later, Kim is tired. She decides to go to bed and do everything else the next day (Kim is still happy because tomorrow is another day and that is alway good!). If Kim is lucky, she picks up the shirt from the chair and takes it to the laundry basket. If she does, it gives her a great sense of accomplishment (Kim is on top of the world because she can do anything she wants to do. She can get 2 Ph.Ds, write a book, travel around the world, save an African village from starvation, all the while raising three children and chairing five committees. As long as Kim doesn't have to water plants, pay bills, do laundry, write e-mails....)

    Guess through how many emotions Kim goes in a day and you win a day with a lovely, cute and distracted ENFp!

    edit: During the course of writing this, Kim also wrote three e-mails, surfed two other websites, wrote a page each for two papers and pondered the idea of renting a movie tonight.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    (now Kim gets really annoyed with herself because she is so damn scattered and distracted. Kim is sad now because she thinks that she is just pathetic in her scatteredness).
    Aww... You're not pathetic. Scatteredness is charming and ingratiating. When somebody else are scattered like that, I feel a curious sort of bond of similarity. I realize I'm not alone.
    What a cruel world, that forces such innocent and good-natured creatures as ENFps to do laundry, pay bills, water plants, write e-mails, mow the lawn, vacuum the floor...
    I hate those tasks myself, but you have more to give humanity, and so I volunteer to do those jobs for you.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

    INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

    (Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

  33. #33
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    Aww... You're not pathetic. Scatteredness is charming and ingratiating. When somebody else are scattered like that, I feel a curious sort of bond of similarity. I realize I'm not alone.
    What a cruel world, that forces such innocent and good-natured creatures as ENFps to do laundry, pay bills, water plants, write e-mails, mow the lawn, vacuum the floor...
    I hate those tasks myself, but you have more to give humanity, and so I volunteer to do those jobs for you.
    OOoooohhhh, that is so sweet!!
    But given your humanist potential, how about we find ourselves an ISFj or ISTp to take care of us so we can go and save the world together? You know, I'm an ENFp and doing it alone would make me depressed. And INFjs are cool (if they don't criticize me, that is, he he)!!

    Now Kim is very, very happy!
    for everyone!!
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  34. #34
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    Aww... You're not pathetic. Scatteredness is charming and ingratiating. When somebody else are scattered like that, I feel a curious sort of bond of similarity. I realize I'm not alone.
    What a cruel world, that forces such innocent and good-natured creatures as ENFps to do laundry, pay bills, water plants, write e-mails, mow the lawn, vacuum the floor...
    I hate those tasks myself, but you have more to give humanity, and so I volunteer to do those jobs for you.
    OOoooohhhh, that is so sweet!!
    But given your humanist potential, how about we find ourselves an ISFj or ISTp to take care of us so we can go and save the world together? You know, I'm an ENFp and doing it alone would make me depressed. And INFjs are cool (if they don't criticize me, that is, he he)!!

    Now Kim is very, very happy!
    for everyone!!
    HEY!! I wanna come too
    WEEEEE'r off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz because because because......

    Topaz

  35. #35
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    HEY!! I wanna come too
    WEEEEE'r off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz because because because......

    Topaz
    Yes, come too! We'll watch...ehm...some wizard who saves the world and then we'll go and save a starving Ph.D student from traveling around the world and ending up in an African village where s/he raises three kids.
    Or, wait, we'll save an ISFj from the predicament of writing our bills and watering our floors?

    Damn, what were we - LOOK! There's a flower! Let's hold hands and dance around it!

    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Pennsylvania
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can just see some psychologist sitting back and reading this forum and writing his master thesis. You people (not me, of course) would blow him out of the water!
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

    Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

  37. #37
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    I can just see some psychologist sitting back and reading this forum and writing his master thesis. You people (not me, of course) would blow him out of the water!
    It's so much fun!
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  38. #38
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...you guys are great, do you know that?

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This thread is too funny.
    I agree. All ENFps and INFJs, let's join hands and dance out to confront the evil empire, build up a new democratic utopia of magic, science and wonder, go explore the stars and save humankind from lingering disaster, clean up the political world and make it just and merciful, destroy the evil underground organization that plans to release a deadly virus, raze the evil wizard's castle and save the slaves, and at the end of the day go back home to eat cookies and ice cream.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

    INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

    (Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

  40. #40
    Creepy-ENFPerator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied

    whatever i had a psych that made me sit in the lotus position and close my eyes and go "hoooooooo."

    they're so damned worthless i swear.
    Not all of them are worthless. First of all, and this is the most important, you have to find the right one. As a male I always wanted a smart and pleasant (and good-looking !) female physician to treat me :wink: . And after I visited the hell I found one female psychotherapist. OK, she's not the woman of my dreams and doesn't make me to sit in the lotus position and go "hooooooo!", but she has already helped me more than anybody ever did.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •