Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I don't want to be ISTp anymore

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I don't want to be ISTp anymore

It's too hard. What type should I be? Thinking maybe ESFP....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is this thread going to turn into an advice column? Stay tuned and find out ladies and gentlemen.

jessica, you are fine. you seem happy and have a good laugh every now and then. your problems are all made up on the internet in your free time.
    asd

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a feeling i'd think you were cool regardless of what type you decide to be haha.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its hard being a delta in this day and age. Thats what makes us beautiful i think
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Its hard being a delta in this day and age. Thats what makes us beautiful i think
    Why, pray tell, is it hard being a Delta in this day in age?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GOTS TO DO ALL THE WORK
    asd

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    GOTS TO DO ALL THE WORK
    Well that is what you get for signing up for a -valuing quadra. Just be thankful that you are not stuck with both a and quadra.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Its partially a figure of speech used to arouse good feelings. Depends im sure what day and age im comparing it to but i dont really know much about history. All i know is that the INFj's i know seem to suffer somewhat because of the consumer driven society nowdays. The me generation where people only care about themselves etc. I suffer somewhat because of that as well as my traditionally held beliefs of helping people and being kind are constantly running in contrary to what society deems as successful and to what the media portrays. Delta are the old age quadra. Some of us constantly watch society and worry about it.

Anyway its a poorly thought out perspective and of course my supervisor as usual had to force it out of me lol. I dont suggest its perhaps any easier to be some other types either, INTj being one of them.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its partially a figure of speech used to arouse good feelings. Depends im sure what day and age im comparing it to but i dont really know much about history. All i know is that the INFj's i know seem to suffer somewhat because of the consumer driven society nowdays. The me generation where people only care about themselves etc. I suffer somewhat because of that as well as my traditionally held beliefs of helping people and being kind are constantly running in contrary to what society deems as successful and to what the media portrays. Delta are the old age quadra. Some of us constantly watch society and worry about it.
    This actually would be an interesting topic for discussion: Deltas, Consumerism, and Society.

Anyway its a poorly thought out perspective and of course my supervisor as usual had to force it out of me lol. I dont suggest its perhaps any easier to be some other types either, INTj being one of them.
    I would not dwell upon it too much.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I should have stressed being an INTROVERT is hard as I really do not see how life is hard for any extrovert. But carry on with the delta discussion if you want..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This actually would be an interesting topic for discussion: Deltas, Consumerism, and Society
    I think it would. I think its a topic that i like to talk about in general with other Deltas as they generally share the same ideas that i do. Talking about society on a board like this could get way out of hand i think lol. Saying something like "its hard being a delta" is not good because it invites others to point out that they dont have it any easier. *shit fight begins*. In a way this forum is like a mini world where all the different quadra perspectives come into play.

I would not dwell upon it too much.
    Hehe nah i dont i just knew i would have to explain myself which is tough because my mind is awash with all these ideas and perpectives. Definately my world view is changing on a daily basis
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I think I should have stressed being an INTROVERT is hard as I really do not see how life is hard for any extrovert. But carry on with the delta discussion if you want..
    I was going to use ISTp's in my example as it was your thread but it was all getting too complicated. Extroversion seems to be more valued over Introversion today. Extroversion does pose different problems. Im only a borderline Extrovert but i can feel lonliness very deeply if i dont have people to hang around with. Of course a paraplegic extravert is going to have a tougher time than a non-disabled introvert.

ISTp's can have a very turbulent emotional world. I have witnessed a lot of emotional pain from the ISTp's that i know. All i can say is it helps to get deltas around you. I think ENFp's can do wonders to all of your ISTp's hapiness levels. Could you ISTp's please stop me sucking at life. Thanks
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to use ISTp's in my example as it was your thread but it was all getting too complicated. Extroversion seems to be more valued over Introversion today. Extroversion does pose different problems. Im only a borderline Extrovert but i can feel lonliness very deeply if i dont have people to hang around with. Of course a paraplegic extravert is going to have a tougher time than a non-disabled introvert.

ISTp's can have a very turbulent emotional world. I have witnessed a lot of emotional pain from the ISTp's that i know. All i can say is it helps to get deltas around you. I think ENFp's can do wonders to all of your ISTp's hapiness levels. Could you ISTp's please stop me sucking at life. Thanks
    Wow, you have no idea how relieving it is to hear you say that. I will be sure to take that to heart.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, you have no idea how relieving it is to hear you say that. I will be sure to take that to heart.

Yeah thats the problem with what i initially said. All quadras and all types do have their own unique problems and hardships. Then compact that with what life can throw at you randomly and things get very blurred.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get what you mean. I have always felt that Beta values seem more appreciated.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea sure. ESFp is a good idea.
    They're the "politicians" which would probably mean they're exceptionally good at lying to get their way, convincing people that they're right when they're wrong, and with Se, they're great at weilding power and leading others!
    On the down side, being Fi types, they care too much about relationships with others, treasure relationships too much, and this would be their downfall.
    O well, wish you all the best in being an ESFp. They really are the coolest! 3 of bestEST friends are ESFps. <3
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be an extrovert of any kind, i'm not picky. Don't think I could be ESFP...that would require me to like people too much. I'll give ESTP a try.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you and poster-formerly-known-as-ISTP could go on a men-culling spree.

Creepy-bg

they can cull me anyday :wink:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Yeah, that could be entertaining if it didn't involve the whole dying part. Or rather, if someone other than me did the dying.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Yeah, that could be entertaining if it didn't involve the whole dying part. Or rather, if someone other than me did the dying.
    at least you'd die a very happy man!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, no one values what we value (in capitalist america much anymore anyway)

It's easy to be an ESTP for an ISTP. Anything else I have kinda trouble imagining how i could possibly act like that.

No one really values handywomen/men anymore.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote of the weeK!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we should all start playing musical chairs where the chairs represent the different types. Whoever loses needs to be XXXx. That way we can experience all different forms of suck.

What definition of introversion and extroversion is being used in this thread? Socionics? MBTI? Random I/E quiz posted on someone's MySpace?
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be an extrovert of any kind, i'm not picky. Don't think I could be ESFP...that would require me to like people too much. I'll give ESTP a try.
    hahahaha! You have no idea how much ESTps like people do you? :wink:
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alot?!?!?!

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard
    ummmm...handymen turn me on....even handywomen and I'm not into women..
    (unless you're talking about the "laying on of hands" kind of handy....that's a different story)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div.
    What definition of introversion and extroversion is being used in this thread? Socionics? MBTI? Random I/E quiz posted on someone's MySpace?
    What's the difference?

And yes, I guess all E's enjoy others company hence the reason they are E's in the first place. I'm doomed.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww c'mon, you're lying to yourself if you think you like being alone more than being with people; besides, if that was REALLY true then you wouldn't be bitter about it
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right. I actually hate being alone more than anything. I guess it's a shyness thing. I'm confused.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    ummmm...handymen turn me on....even handywomen and I'm not into women..
    (unless you're talking about the "laying on of hands" kind of handy....that's a different story)
    Ha! You prolly wouldn't be the first one.

And Jessica, I only hate being alone when I've been alone for too long OR when I have absolutely no little project going on at the moment. So, yeah.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If given the choice, i'd much rather be in the company of others. But so then why do people irritate me so much? Dunno.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because most people ARE irritating.

Maybe if they didn't insist on discussing trivial crap?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

psh, that's the vividness of crappy people talking. 70% of people are great. the average person only meets 100 to 200 people in his/her life.
    asd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we could switch I would do it, I don't always find it fun being an ENFj.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, no one values what we value (in capitalist america much anymore anyway)

It's easy to be an ESTP for an ISTP. Anything else I have kinda trouble imagining how i could possibly act like that.

I think in Australia we do. We value tradesmen a great deal as there is a trade shortage. Tradesmen can earn very good salaries, higher than most office jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica
    What's the difference?

And yes, I guess all E's enjoy others company hence the reason they are E's in the first place. I'm doomed.
    In my own experience, the lines between the dictionary extrovert and introvert can be a little blurred. Take an INFp girl i know. I would say she goes out with her friends on average 5 times a week. Sometimes i only go out once. I would get exhausted going out how much she does. My ISTp friend's are also both more outgoing than me. They love going to the pub etc whereas i can happily stay at home(for a time). Perhaps im actually an odd or slightly shy ENFp or perhaps in my everyday life i interact more i dont know.

My ISTp friend reminds me a lot of Jessica. Hes jaded about people. He has always had a hard time of it. The strange thing i notice is he always puts the problem outside of himself. Its always other peoples fault. When hes in his angry and jaded mode hes just not very nice to be around. Its clear as day to me why he has had the problems he has. its one of those vicious cycles where the angrier he gets the less people like him. So he gets even angrier. Slowly as hes got older he has softened up and when people show they care he honestly lights up like a christmas tree (on the inside). I think Jessica you just need to expect less of people, just take them with a grain of salt and reach out to those ones that are good people.

Anyways gotta go. Mum wants to point out a duck thats sitting in a gum tree...?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    psh, that's the vividness of crappy people talking. 70% of people are great. the average person only meets 100 to 200 people in his/her life.
    ...? If you live in a cave.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ISTp friend reminds me a lot of Jessica. Hes jaded about people. He has always had a hard time of it. The strange thing i notice is he always puts the problem outside of himself. Its always other peoples fault. When hes in his angry and jaded mode hes just not very nice to be around. Its clear as day to me why he has had the problems he has. its one of those vicious cycles where the angrier he gets the less people like him. So he gets even angrier. Slowly as hes got older he has softened up and when people show they care he honestly lights up like a christmas tree (on the inside). I think Jessica you just need to expect less of people, just take them with a grain of salt and reach out to those ones that are good people.
    This is true.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true
    *hug*

There are a lot of ISTp fans out there you just have to believe :wink:

Maybe its time you moved or went on a holiday
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast