from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha <3

I love this quadra. I am not sure why I am making this love fest of a thread but I thought to myself: If anyone would appreciate it, it would be the Alphans. Alphas. Whatever you want to call yourselves now! I think I'm just getting sick of being in Beta lol, just visiting another quadra for a bit

I have recently been questioning my own type but there is no possible way I could be anything but in a Merry quadra. ftw. I have been showing appreciation for Caregiver like qualities in people and less for .. to be honest, I can't really tell which one I want/need more of. Maybe I was mistaking the two because now if I analyze my relationships, I have almost no one close to me who provides besides my parents (ISTj & ISFj) and I actually resent them most of the time but eh, can't judge based on that since well, they are my parents.

All my close friends have loads of and I mean looooads of it. When we get into conversations, it's all crazy randomness and hilarity. We can go on for hours about the strangest things. I will start talking about nothing at all and it will turn into something totally wack, like a spider web of ideas just being thrown out there and discussed.

I get a warm feeling from this quadra that I really enjoy.

Okay, yeah, I am making this thread to see if I would enjoy Alpha more than Beta? My sense of humour is definitely and and I've noticed many Ego types do not understand this kind of stuff, finding it completely out of the blue/absurd.

Uh, what else can I say.... okay, I'll say what I love about each type in this quadra..

ENTp: One of my fav types ever! Many different reasons for this, mainly cause they are just one of the funniest and most entertaining types to be around. I love how they can come up with random things to talk about out of nowhere and run with it. Also, the extreme attraction doesn't hurt either..

ISFp: They are so cute and relaxed.. they brighten everyones' days! It's like you can just be yourself around them, be crazy and they will accept it without judgement.

INTj: Another one of my fav types because I love the idea that beyond their initial cold exterior lies a hidden appreciation for bubbles and kitties and ... okay... maybe not that... but I just mean that I love how much they respond to and to see the difference that undergoes them when confronted with it really makes me laugh.

ESFj: I had a bad experience with one ESFj, but overall, I like this type because they really are extremely giving and despite coming off sort of needy, the healthy ones are great people to be around, always organized and helpful. Full of productive energy.

This thread was sooo pointless =D But I felt like making one so bah!

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Creepy-bg

I'd welcome you into alpha anyday :wink:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Alpha <3

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    This thread was sooo pointless =D But I felt like making one so bah!
    How is this thread pointless when it brightened my day?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

I can feel the <3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*UDP grins subtly, in regard to seeing alpha as quadra on its own, appreciating it, but realizing he is not a part of it*
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel the same way about alpha! My husband, dad and two of my closest friends are alpha. They are all really fun people.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    *UDP grins subtly, in regard to seeing alpha as quadra on its own, appreciating it, but realizing he is not a part of it*
    Aww, hahaha.. yet you were part of it! Not too long ago. But yeah, Serious is spelled out all over you.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you sound like an ESFj
    entp-ti 6w7

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr
    I wish I could be just a little more serious about stuff..... would get further in life I think...

I can't even get serious about things I enjoy...
    There are enough serious people in the world as it is, and too much humor present in all things to simply try and ignore.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really glad I'm not serious (my understanding is serious=not merry)

This reminds me of one time when I said, "don't you think that it could be seen as a more mature stance to find humor in life" and someone responded simply "no." I guess that was a serious person.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington

This reminds me of one time when I said, "don't you think that it could be seen as a more mature stance to find humor in life" and someone responded simply "no." I guess that was a serious person.
    I like it!
    Johari Box

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    i would like to see more of your creative writing if you have some.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Logos

I like it!
    me too... more people in the world need to live this

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

though.. i do consider myself to be quite serious in the normal sense of the word.

oh.. yay alpha?

sorry SL.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, go on Kensington! I know my thread was pretty useless lol .. I don't contribute much of intellectual value to this forum anyhow

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always enjoy the company of Alpha types because they are so nice and unassuming. I just feel so comfortable when I'm around them. Must be the .

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, Scarlett, you are IEI, and I think you like Alphas first and foremost because you like ILEs. Illusionaries, especially for irrationals, seem like great relationships because you feel both complimentary and alike at the same time: the conversations are fun and interesting, you might have similar interests, spirituality, opinions, etc, but the other person still has that "something" that you want from a partner. What ends up happening is that Illusionaries get so wound up in their similarities that other areas of their lives that require a specific kind of initiative from their "ideal" partner, their dual, end up getting neglected. It makes perfect sense that you'd have those kinds of discussions when you're around Alphas, especially the NTs, because you have the to keep up and you like the :Ti , but what's really crucial is that they don't have what you need in order to "move on," to continue your self-development without having to do what feels like covering for other people's weak spots.

I will say that from a VI standpoint I could see you as SEI. I don't have much VI experience with non-white people but all the same, you do have a particular kind of facial shape that I associate with IPs, and I've seen SEIs that are especially similar to you in that regard. But that's VI alone; I can't say much about you in terms of Victim/Caregiver from what I've seen here on the board.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, definitely love ILEs, haha. I've had great friendships and a great relationship with one as well even though I ended it for other reasons. I agree that illusionary for irrationals is a really good intertype relation.. I felt exactly as you described -- very complementary in traits but similar enough to a degree that we understood each other, maybe even moreso than I felt ever with SLEs... which is strange With SLEs it's like there is a kind of blockage in true mental stimulation of a sort, or at least in the ones I have actually conversed with... physically it is extremely comfortable yes, but ILEs and conversations with them are better, ime.

I am definitely not an SEI, even if I wanted to be haha, I have terrible abilities... I am awkward and clumsy to a fault, especially when attracted to someone... I actually trip over myself... oh man. In regards of sexual behavior, I actually do see Caregiver in myself, especially recently... it's weird because I've never actually been in any substantial relationship with an Aggressor and if I think about it more, it would turn me off more than turn me on lol.

Most of the better relationships I've had have been with Infantile.. haha, wow... I seem to enjoy the apparent childlike qualities of them and 'innocence' as I call it... It's one of the main things I look for, that 'innocence' because I want to protect, cultivate it. A lot of the activities I consider fun in a relationship or even just for friendship, hanging out and whatnot can seriously be construed as Alpha.. but Beta also.. generally just a lot of Merry activity.

So you are Ti-EP now? =O Considering SLE, are you? I've pretty much accepted my IEI-ness, although very heavy on the Fe because I've realized that no matter how active/restless I become, I can never be like that EJ temperament... I always crash, withdraw, etc.

Johari
    Nohari

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Re: Alpha <3

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    INTj: Another one of my fav types because I love the idea that beyond their initial cold exterior lies a hidden appreciation for bubbles and kitties and ...
    Oh, shit! er...I mean 'no comment'.

You should have put a 'kick me' sign on his back - that would have shown him!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-bg

everybody gather round SL and start love-bombing her

"one of us... one of us... one of us..."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow this is such a great thread. i had started a similar one in beta because it's so easy for me to get along with betas. and of course there's the current IEI man...with whom everything has worked out.

but yeah, scarlettlux i totally get what you are saying about the mentally stimulating aspects of the IEI-ILE relationship. my man and i can talk for hours about all kinds of stuff...i think it's the Ne-Ni plus Ti-Fe thing, this makes for a really powerful way to talk about all kinds of imaginative things. there's a strong spiritual connection also, which i have not had with other types.

the thing i worry about a little bit is what gilly is referencing...the weak role functions of each partner in this illusionary relationship. i worry for example that i really cannot make people do things, which potentially includes him. this would be a problem when it comes to potentially achieving goals together or overcoming obstacles. i think we'd both be inclined to go around obstacles rather than fight through them. also is victim-infantile really ideal? dunno. better than infantile-aggressor, at least.

on the other hand and this is just my theory, is that the older people get the more they have developed their dual seeking functions even in the absence of their dual. frinstance, my IEI, has these flashes of Se. his Se kinda flares up so to speak when he perceives that he's got to get something moving, including me. it's really kind of cute! haha for my part, i strive for physical comfort and aesthetics (my Si dual seeking) quite easily - my main hobbies are cooking, decorating, yoga, hiking, skiing, weight training, stuff like that. so i don't feel like i need someone around for those things as much. the one exception would be i get stressed out easily and don't always notice the amount of tension i have, so i kind of do need someone to notice and to at least tell me to relax when i'm stressed. or confront me if my stress has reached a level of irritibility that affects everybody around me.

but to look at the topic of your thread, i think there is definitely something going on between alpha and beta. there are tons of betas in my life and close relationships, and a fair amount of alphas also. i love beta drama, romance, dark humor, music, laughter, etc. i disagree with some of what is written as wikisocion about this in the quadra sections, i'm not sure it's quite right but nor do i know what would be more accurate, except to say that i'm not sure that betas think alphas need to be led or that alphas are too goofy. i think that the alpha-beta interquadra relationships are usually pretty good at the dyad level, not just the group level.

by way of contrast, i don't feel this way about delta at all. i have some infj friends, they tend to advise me, or help me think about things differently, but that's it for that quadra. relationships with delta's feel sort of "have to" to me. enfp's can be fun in groups, but one to one friendships usually turn out terrible. they get way too offended by my Fi polr, and i find their constant focus on Fi annoying. istp's i never come into contact with. estj's are kind of neutral, but they tend to be really conservative, and we don't mix in the same groups at all.

i'll say a few words about the beta types, as scarlettlux did the alpha types:

istj: the rock of gilbralter. practical, detail-oriented. totally reliable and trustworthy friends. i can work well with them and socialize well with them. sometimes they are not as spontaneous as i can be, but i don't need spontaneity all the time either.

enfj: i have total admiration for the entrepeneurial enfj's. i know a few who have started their own businesses and have totally creative ideas. i like how they know the crowd and they put their fingers on what people want and need in business and in relationships. the ones i know have an Se-like sense of humor that i find hilarious. they can be artistic and dramatic in a way which has mass appeal. this is a totally cool trait.

infp: like i said i can talk for hours with them. they are relaxed and laid back. they creatively influence the mood and are so skilled with people. i like the infp men a lot especially; they tend to be pretty quiet and cryptic. i love this. i like to draw them out and make them explain why they think what they think. then we bounce off each other in a way which turns into hours of insight-producing conversations. they tend to be artistic but in an unusual way that captures my attention - they are more off the beaten path, eff the man in a way that i relate to. since i'm kind of like eff the man, too.

estp: to watch one of them make people do stuff is a sight to behold. haha. i find estp's very funny, and easy to work with. i don't tend to get into in depth conversations with them about esoteric topics though. they are more straightforward and concrete. they're very flexible and will try almost anything. they're not too rigid except for about their feelings. my marriage to one lasted 15 years, which is a decent amount of time at least, and we achieved many many goals together. estp's have a level of energy that is similar to my own, so i can do a lot of active things with them. they are some of the physically toughest people around and they take it on the chin really well. i admire this also, esp since it helped me toughen up a bit.

so sort of long post, hope it's not too boring. :wink:

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sentineneve
    Hey Alphas...maybe we should be taking notes from the gammas(or was that the deltas?) and "recruit" (read: Abduct) SL. If we all gang up on her at once, maybe we can make her into an Alpha! Quick everybody, bombard her with our and !

P.S. Thanks.

(Sorry, they are pointy)
    Serious Voice: "We do not recruit."
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah logos we're kinda like AA. our membership is based on attraction rather than promotion :wink:

ILE

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    yeah logos we're kinda like AA. our membership is based on attraction rather than promotion :wink:
    I thought the girls at CA were much better looking generally, but that's just me

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    I thought the girls at CA were much better looking generally, but that's just me
    yeah no doubt drug addicts have more game than alcoholics.....

ILE

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am basking in right now, just basking in it! Take note types! Muahahaha..

Anyhow, thanks for that exceptionally fantastic post up there, diamond8! What's your real name btw? Just curious. That's great how your IEI and you are working out. I'm sure my ILE and I would've stayed together a long time were it not for personal circumstances on my part. I do believe I am in a relationship with an Alpha atm, still unsure if his type is INTj or INTp, but have clearly noted the Merry > Serious in him. I also have seen a lot of Se PoLR which can be troublesome, but still cute -- not being confident in his actions, despite wishing to do them... Any advice on how I could help this? I am not great with giving which is probably what he subconsciously needs in order to feel more comfortable, although we are getting very used to eachother and it is becoming a lot better as time progresses.

I sort of become much more an ENFj around him than is normal for me. My comes out a lot to lighten him up, make him laugh.. it's the greatest thing. I also really like Alpha for the I receive from ILEs and LIIs ... it's like crack, I tell ya

To hhkmr, if that is your username, can't recall properly : Trust me, I have no sense of =[

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    Alphas are kind of cute sometimes.
    Side note: LIEs are probably the most mysterious type for me. I know none IRL and I really have utterly no clue about how they truly act... even on this forum, there seem to be such a wide variety of them, even moreso than other types tend to have. I have a fairly good understanding of most of the types and the way they behave, just not LIE Actually, not ESI for that matter either.

To be honest, I've always had this biased view of them as being lucrative businessmen who know how to make tons of money, always looking to the future, serious-minded, smooth, sort of debonair- like...

Johari
    Nohari