Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 61

Thread: ESTp?

  1. #1
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default ESTp?

    -------------------Girls-----------------------
    --------------are like apples----------------
    ---------on trees. The best ones-----------
    --------are at the top of the tree.----------
    ------The boys dont want to reach--------
    ----for the good ones because they-------
    --are afraid of falling and getting hurt.----
    -Instead, they just get the rotten apples--
    ---from the ground that aren't as good, --
    -but easy. So the apples at the top think-
    -something is wrong with them, when in--
    ----reality, they're amazing. They just----
    -----have to wait for the right boy to------
    -------come along, the one who's---------
    -------------brave enough to---------------
    ------------------climb all-------------------
    ------------------ the way-------------------
    ------------------to the top------------------
    -----------------of the tree.---------------


    Profile
    •♥♡ RoMeo ♡♥• <iiM-a-S-p-u-n-k>

    KEEP TALKING`
    BECAUSE`
    WHAT GOES AROUND`
    COMES BACK AROUND`

    <<< YEAH THIS IS ME
    <<< ``DONT HATE''
    <<< `JUST WALK IT OUT''

    • • • • • • • • • • • •


    [10+[7]|::17

    [G i r L]:: Nahhhh!
    [Im a]:: B O Y

    ↓↓[Friends & Family]↓↓

    ℓ٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥υs f٥гﻉ√ﻉr!

    [S t a t u s:]::
    • S i n g l e

    [&] i [mite be][L o o k i n g]

    YoU WiLL ЯЄGЯЄT iT if you dont add meh.

    [N o . P r e s s u r e]

    First impression of him IRL
    A bit of a loner. Mature. Likes Fe. Expressions mixture of ENTp and ESTp, but looks slightly like my Ni-ENTj friend. Observes someone for a while before approaching.

    Second impression
    Total extravert. MANY friends, likes to party. Shameless poser. Beta. Girly? A bit silly.

    Relation
    Favourable. Comfortable to sit with him, and I instinctively trust him. We have not interacted beyond a handshake, which he initiated as he introduced himself.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  2. #2
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As ESTp, no.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  3. #3
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ni > Se
    Ni/Se > Ne/Si

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,294
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Giiiirl how did you ever let these people convince you that you are INFp! No doubt you are beta though, and we can forgive the INFp/ENFj on the forum for mistaking you for their own type, but they are just seeing the quadra similarities.

    I don't wanna rock the boat too strongly though, it may be past the time where you have fallen in love so deeply with the idea of having the magic Ni function that this idea of not "being" it would just make you angry, but still, not bad for a hidden agenda, so take it or leave it. Whatevs.
    ENTp

  5. #5
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't get it.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  6. #6
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really like that.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I get the poem/prose/story/whatever...But I don't get what you're asking...

  8. #8
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd say the perspective and mindset in the poem is that of a teenage female. The poem is more indicative of that than type, but I'll say ENFj > ENTj > other intuitive type for now... haven't seen the pics or heard any descriptions of this girl yet.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  9. #9
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Giiiirl how did you ever let these people convince you that you are INFp! No doubt you are beta though, and we can forgive the INFp/ENFj on the forum for mistaking you for their own type, but they are just seeing the quadra similarities.

    I don't wanna rock the boat too strongly though, it may be past the time where you have fallen in love so deeply with the idea of having the magic Ni function that this idea of not "being" it would just make you angry, but still, not bad for a hidden agenda, so take it or leave it. Whatevs.
    Because I am. Sure, I look ISTj, can play the Aggressor, and have a mixture of Ne PoLR and observation. But after months of self-discovery -- and conflict with ESTjs, knowing fully well why -- I have realized the truth of that in its entirety, and come to terms with it. Ni can be a curse, and Fe a greater one that I'd like to be rid of, but that's what I'm stuck with. The more I read ESTp profiles, the more I discover how some of my habits complement their weaknesses. As I read Marlon Brando's autobiography, I couldn't help thinking that someone like him would be perfect for me; I need someone like that.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    but that's what I'm stuck with
    Generally when someone doesn't think very highly of their type, or doesn't like the idea of being that type, chances are they're not.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An ESFp friend of mine showed me that once, she was depressed because she was getting a bunch of loser attention - either that, or no attention --- not from anyone good enough.

    I do not think it has anything to do with type - that apply tree thing, anyway.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  12. #12
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha. Me and my INFp sister approve of the apple tree. Very sweet.

    There is an idea of admiration for Se hidden in the poem I think. That the guy should overcome obstacles for the sake of love or admiration. The guy has to realize that the apple is worth climbing the tree.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  13. #13
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: ESTp?

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Based on this alone:

    -------------------Girls-----------------------
    --------------are like apples----------------
    ---------on trees. The best ones-----------
    --------are at the top of the tree.----------
    ------The boys dont want to reach--------
    ----for the good ones because they-------
    --are afraid of falling and getting hurt.----
    -Instead, they just get the rotten apples--
    ---from the ground that aren't as good, --
    -but easy. So the apples at the top think-
    -something is wrong with them, when in--
    ----reality, they're amazing. They just----
    -----have to wait for the right boy to------
    -------come along, the one who's---------
    -------------brave enough to---------------
    ------------------climb all-------------------
    ------------------ the way-------------------
    ------------------to the top------------------
    -----------------of the tree.---------------

    Heaps of photos, I'll put them up later.
    for something that's not really a poem, the author put a lot of work into making it appear unique.

    major problem with the piece is that the line breaks are out of place (screwing up the timing of the poem). the second is that there is no real poetic language except for "girls are like apples on trees," which doesn't really count.

    Weak Ni.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  14. #14
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  15. #15
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: ESTp?

    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Based on this alone:

    -------------------Girls-----------------------
    --------------are like apples----------------
    ---------on trees. The best ones-----------
    --------are at the top of the tree.----------
    ------The boys dont want to reach--------
    ----for the good ones because they-------
    --are afraid of falling and getting hurt.----
    -Instead, they just get the rotten apples--
    ---from the ground that aren't as good, --
    -but easy. So the apples at the top think-
    -something is wrong with them, when in--
    ----reality, they're amazing. They just----
    -----have to wait for the right boy to------
    -------come along, the one who's---------
    -------------brave enough to---------------
    ------------------climb all-------------------
    ------------------ the way-------------------
    ------------------to the top------------------
    -----------------of the tree.---------------

    Heaps of photos, I'll put them up later.
    for something that's not really a poem, the author put a lot of work into making it appear unique.

    major problem with the piece is that the line breaks are out of place (screwing up the timing of the poem). the second is that there is no real poetic language except for "girls are like apples on trees," which doesn't really count.

    Weak Ni.
    This assumes that poetic abilities are clearly linked to Ni. It's same as saying that only people with Se do weightlifting. It's not really so.

    I think that the idea of seeing girls and thier qualities as apples on a tree - the comparison is Ni. I think it's quite clearly Ni.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  16. #16
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: ESTp?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Based on this alone:

    -------------------Girls-----------------------
    --------------are like apples----------------
    ---------on trees. The best ones-----------
    --------are at the top of the tree.----------
    ------The boys dont want to reach--------
    ----for the good ones because they-------
    --are afraid of falling and getting hurt.----
    -Instead, they just get the rotten apples--
    ---from the ground that aren't as good, --
    -but easy. So the apples at the top think-
    -something is wrong with them, when in--
    ----reality, they're amazing. They just----
    -----have to wait for the right boy to------
    -------come along, the one who's---------
    -------------brave enough to---------------
    ------------------climb all-------------------
    ------------------ the way-------------------
    ------------------to the top------------------
    -----------------of the tree.---------------

    Heaps of photos, I'll put them up later.
    for something that's not really a poem, the author put a lot of work into making it appear unique.

    major problem with the piece is that the line breaks are out of place (screwing up the timing of the poem). the second is that there is no real poetic language except for "girls are like apples on trees," which doesn't really count.

    Weak Ni.
    This assumes that poetic abilities are clearly linked to Ni. It's same as saying that only people with Se do weightlifting. It's not really so.

    I think that the idea of seeing girls and thier qualities as apples on a tree - the comparison is Ni. I think it's quite clearly Ni.
    Ok, well i could be mistaken then. it just seems to be SeTi masquerading as Ni/X.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  17. #17
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    haha. Me and my INFp sister approve of the apple tree. Very sweet.

    There is an idea of admiration for Se hidden in the poem I think. That the guy should overcome obstacles for the sake of love or admiration. The guy has to realize that the apple is worth climbing the tree.
    I thought so too. But coming from a guy, I thought it pointed more to an aggressor who is willing to overcome any challenges that a Beta NF threw in his way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Generally when someone doesn't think very highly of their type, or doesn't like the idea of being that type, chances are they're not.
    Or it could be because it's such an irresponsible type to be that you wonder how any employer would want to employ you after taking one look at you.

    In any case, I've updated the first post with photos.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  18. #18
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EDIT: I'd say some Se-ego type. Some of the photos remind me of several ESTps. Others look quite a bit like male ISFjs that I know. Do you have a picture of his smiling? Like a full-on grin. ESTps generally have a very recognizable quality when they smile like that.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  19. #19
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    EDIT: I'd say some Se-ego type. Some of the photos remind me of several ESTps. Others look quite a bit like male ISFjs that I know. Do you have a picture of his smiling? Like a full-on grin. ESTps generally have a very recognizable quality when they smile like that.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  20. #20
    Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see ESTp.

    He reminds me a bit of Drake Bell from that horrible Nickelodeon show.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

  21. #21
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I can see ESTp.

    He reminds me a bit of Drake Bell from that horrible Nickelodeon show.
    Thanks, baby
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  22. #22
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry raison, but he's ESFp


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  23. #23
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i agree with scarlett. and i apologize that he is esfp, too.
    asd

  24. #24
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,635
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Sorry raison, but he's ESFp
    yes, definitely
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  25. #25
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I can see ESTp.

    He reminds me a bit of Drake Bell from that horrible Nickelodeon show.
    Thanks, baby
    Oh is it you, raisonpure?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  26. #26
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'd say the perspective and mindset in the poem is that of a teenage female. The poem is more indicative of that than type, but I'll say ENFj > ENTj > other intuitive type for now... haven't seen the pics or heard any descriptions of this girl yet.
    *nodding head*
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  27. #27
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I'd say the perspective and mindset in the poem is that of a teenage female. The poem is more indicative of that than type, but I'll say ENFj > ENTj > other intuitive type for now... haven't seen the pics or heard any descriptions of this girl yet.
    *nodding head*
    Yeah, I thought the subject of this thread was the actual author of the the apple tree thing.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  28. #28
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's pretty camp


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  29. #29
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I can see ESTp.

    He reminds me a bit of Drake Bell from that horrible Nickelodeon show.
    Thanks, baby
    Oh is it you, raisonpure?
    [video width=540 height=438:60d060d831]http://www.veoh.com/videodetails2.swf?permalinkId=v250105FZbAAzdT&id=2 970283&player=videodetailsembedded&videoAutoPlay=0[/video:60d060d831]
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That song is very familiar. What show is it from? Title?
    INTp
    sx/sp

  31. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    but that's what I'm stuck with
    Generally when someone doesn't think very highly of their type, or doesn't like the idea of being that type, chances are they're not.
    Are you serious!?

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    but that's what I'm stuck with
    Generally when someone doesn't think very highly of their type, or doesn't like the idea of being that type, chances are they're not.
    Are you serious!?
    Yeah, Type describes the most comfortable ways of acting and being. It's what you're naturally strong at/in. If you think you're a type but aren't strong in it's Ego functions, is not usually confident in their ego functions, or do not want to develop their ego functions, then most likely you aren't that type.

  33. #33
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    but that's what I'm stuck with
    Generally when someone doesn't think very highly of their type, or doesn't like the idea of being that type, chances are they're not.
    Are you serious!?
    I agree with it. If you actually regret that you're a type generally, and wishes you were another type, that's a strong indication that either you're not that type or that you haven't understood the type.

    If you do understand correctly all types, your type is the only one you want to be.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  34. #34
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    but that's what I'm stuck with
    Generally when someone doesn't think very highly of their type, or doesn't like the idea of being that type, chances are they're not.
    Are you serious!?
    I agree with it. If you actually regret that you're a type generally, and wishes you were another type, that's a strong indication that either you're not that type or that you haven't understood the type.

    If you do understand correctly all types, your type is the only one you want to be.
    That is a quite reasonable assertion. Why would I want to be any other type? Of course, I think that it still remains possible to see "Well, I could also potentially be this type too." But most likely in those cases, this secondary type is merely another type which has the second most number of shared characteristics with your primary type, which may be either a person's mirror, business, or kindred relationship type.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  35. #35
    le petit prince raisonpure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    That song is very familiar. What show is it from? Title?
    It's from Shotgun Marriage.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

  36. #36
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Why would I want to be any other type? Of course, I think that it still remains possible to see "Well, I could also potentially be this type too." But most likely in those cases, this secondary type is merely another type which has the second most number of shared characteristics with your primary type, which may be either a person's mirror, business, or kindred relationship type.
    To put it another way -- why is your conflictor your conflictor? Because they've got their priorities all wrong in your opinion. Why would you want to be someone who's got their priorities wrong? You want to be someone who's got their priorities right - that is, your identical. Your own type.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  37. #37
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Why would I want to be any other type? Of course, I think that it still remains possible to see "Well, I could also potentially be this type too." But most likely in those cases, this secondary type is merely another type which has the second most number of shared characteristics with your primary type, which may be either a person's mirror, business, or kindred relationship type.
    To put it another way -- why is your conflictor your conflictor? Because they've got their priorities all wrong in your opinion. Why would you want to be someone who's got their priorities wrong? You want to be someone who's got their priorities right - that is, your identical. Your own type.
    This is where I don't understand where your Dual comes in. If your Dual is your best match, then why is it that they are better than your Identical?

    Take me, ESTp. Why would I want an INFp when I could have another ESTp. Surely INFp is almost as bad as INFj (who is actually THE worst possible type for me).

    Or, to put it another way, why would I want NiFe? Intuition and Feeling are functions I don't pay much attention nor give a shit about. So why would it make a difference if it was FiNe as opposed to NiFe?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  38. #38
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    This is where I don't understand where your Dual comes in. If your Dual is your best match, then why is it that they are better than your Identical?
    Depending on which types we are talking about, identicals can be very good too (not in all cases imo).


    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Take me, ESTp. Why would I want an INFp when I could have another ESTp. Surely INFp is almost as bad as INFj (who is actually THE worst possible type for me).
    To punt it bluntly, because as ESTp you want someone who will welcome your Se -- not someone who's own Se may clash with yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    Or, to put it another way, why would I want NiFe? Intuition and Feeling are functions I don't pay much attention nor give a shit about. So why would it make a difference if it was FiNe as opposed to NiFe?
    It makes all the difference in the world:

    - FiNe: "now, Ezra, you are behaving very obnoxiously -- why can't you try to see other people's point of view? They have feelings too, you know, and you are just acting like an elephant in a china shop. Look into your heart, then in theirs; become a better person -- I know you want to improve, to become better; I can see a sensitive soul inside you -- "

    - NiFe: "now, Ezra, darling, you are the absolute greatest -- wow! You just have to be careful at how you handle this bunch of fools in order for them to do your bidding -- you make me hot when you act like a bad boy and I love you for it, but you have to trust me when I tell you that you may be a little too impulsive -- "
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  39. #39
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    HAHAHAHAHA. Quality. Yeah, I understand now.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  40. #40
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    - NiFe: "now, Ezra, darling, you are the absolute greatest -- wow! You just have to be careful at how you handle this bunch of fools in order for them to do your bidding -- you make me hot when you act like a bad boy and I love you for it, but you have to trust me when I tell you that you may be a little too impulsive -- "


    Those are obviously extreme representations, but yeah, that's basically it.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •