Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 49

Thread: I just can not win in this world :(

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default I just can not win in this world .... :(

    I went to go see a thearapist this morning to discuss my ENTp related problems, and the guy turned out to be an ISFj ...

  2. #2
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    o rly? That kind of sucks ass. Is it possible to request a new one?

    The only experience with therapy that I had was when I had a shrink for 9 months when I was thirteen. But luckily he was my dual.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,018
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha hahahahahah
    ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaa
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah ahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha
    hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa hahahahahah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah
    ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahah ahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha
    haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha hahahahahah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah
    ahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah
    Well said.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha hahahahahah
    ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaa
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah ahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha
    hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa hahahahahah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah
    ahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahah ahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha
    haahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaha hahahahahah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah
    ahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaah
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahah
    Well said.
    McNew, Thanks for making me feel, much, much better. I always like to grade myself on a scale of how well off I seem compared to others. :wink:
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    o rly? That kind of sucks ass. Is it possible to request a new one?

    The only experience with therapy that I had was when I had a shrink for 9 months when I was thirteen. But luckily he was my dual.
    Well, I sure am not going back ... I am going to go look for a diffrent
    way to get therapy.

    Not only did I realize the guy was ISFj nearly the moment I met
    him, I got this horrible stress headache that ISTjs and ISFjs always
    seem to give me. A primary indication that I should not be getting
    theraphy there ...

    Anyhow, I need someone else to talk to about my problems with. I really do not want to go back.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    He's just rapping Rodney . . . no respect, no respect.

    I needed some empathy today and went to an intj. They ripped me a new a**hole.

    I needed some spiritual direction today and went to an esfp. They bought me an issue of "In Style".

    And so on . . . .
    Entp
    ILE

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    He's just rapping Rodney . . . no respect, no respect.

    I needed some empathy today and went to an intj. They ripped me a new a**hole.

    I needed some spiritual direction today and went to an esfp. They bought me an issue of "In Style".

    And so on . . . .
    Actually, I really did go to see a thearpist today, and he was really ISFj.

    It will work, I just need to find a therapist I like and then I can resolve
    my problems without feeling anxious and stress ridden hopefully.

  8. #8
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know you know this but...

    I just want to remind you that a therapist's job is not to help us, but to teach us to help ourselves.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    He's just rapping Rodney . . . no respect, no respect.

    I needed some empathy today and went to an intj. They ripped me a new a**hole.

    I needed some spiritual direction today and went to an esfp. They bought me an issue of "In Style".

    And so on . . . .
    Actually, I really did go to see a thearpist today, and he was really ISFj.

    It will work, I just need to find a therapist I like and then I can resolve
    my problems without feeling anxious and stress ridden hopefully.
    I know you were serious. I was joking.

    Therapy takes a while.

    Don't sweat it. It's going to be OK. The most useless thing is to have feelings about your feelings.
    Entp
    ILE

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    The most useless thing is to have feelings about your feelings.
    Are you implying that there's a way to NOT do this?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree it sounds funny, but ironic things seem to just happen like that in my life.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    is this like socionics meets rodney dangerfield?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    The most useless thing is to have feelings about your feelings.
    Are you implying that there's a way to NOT do this?
    No . . . only that it jams up the process a little.
    Entp
    ILE

  14. #14
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My problem has always been thinking WAY too much.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Pennsylvania
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    My problem has always been thinking WAY too much.
    My problem is I don't think at all!
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

    Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  17. #17
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    My problem has always been thinking WAY too much.
    My problem is I don't think at all!
    My problem is I dont' think about the right things.
    Entp
    ILE

  19. #19
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    My problem has always been thinking WAY too much.
    My problem is I don't think at all!
    My problem is I dont' think about the right things.
    Me either, but then do you feel frustrated with yourself for it? And then angry for feeling frustrated? And then guilty for caring so much? And then depressed for the whole mess? And then guilty for feeling depressed? And then frustrated for for feeling guilty? LOL
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An ENTp goes to a therapist who happens to be an ISFj...


  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    220
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You need an ENFP therapist, rmcnew.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    //

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    My problem has always been thinking WAY too much.
    My problem is I don't think at all!
    My problem is I dont' think about the right things.
    Me either, but then do you feel frustrated with yourself for it? And then angry for feeling frustrated? And then guilty for caring so much? And then depressed for the whole mess? And then guilty for feeling depressed? And then frustrated for for feeling guilty? LOL
    I used to. Now I try to isolate the thing that's most related to my goals and think about that. And I've tried to stop caring about whether people like me or not, what they think of me, and whether I'm popular or not. Better to tune into the feelings of the other person since mine are always way too intense.
    Entp
    ILE

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Pennsylvania
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Blaze said: "And I've tried to stop caring about whether people like me or not, what they think of me, and whether I'm popular or not. Better to tune into the feelings of the other person since mine are always way too intense."

    I'm not recommending this but it was a life altering event for me. I was in a car accident when I was 26. Had to have my face put back together. Lots of people say I was better looking before the accident . . . I'm not scarred up or anything! The bones underneath my skin where broken . . . my upper and lower jaws and my chin. My face is totally different and 6 mm shorter than it was. My beautiful perfect Jewish nose is gone. But the weird thing is I have never been self counscience since then. All the "what do/will people think" just vanished. I don't know why, but I am grateful. But then maybe that's why I am such an ass at times and so unfeeling and unsympathetic . . . not sure . . . who knows.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

    Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow, that is quite an experience. And great that you came through it even better than before. I bet it took some courage, too.

    I was in a car accident when I was 20 - I got a concussion and ended up with double vision, which never completely went away. I learned to compensate, though.
    Entp
    ILE

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonk
    You need an ENFP therapist, rmcnew.
    I am not sure if that would be the best thing, but it would be a lot better than having an ISFj as a therapist.

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonk
    You need an ENFP therapist, rmcnew.
    I am not sure if that would be the best thing, but it would be a lot better than having an ISFj as a therapist.
    Infj therapist. Your therapist is sposed to kind of supervise you.
    Entp
    ILE

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, God, a supervisor therapist ! Not good, not good.
    *Smacks Blaze*
    The idea is to make RMcNew feel better, not to crush his self confidence into tiny little shards and then inject them into his bottom!

    No, get yourself a nice little ISFp therapist, RMcNew. You deserve it :wink: .
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

    INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

    (Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

  29. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This may seem odd, but the fact that my mother is an ISFp sort of makes me want to find a girl of a diffrent type. Maybe a hot little ESFj number would do me just fine, those chicks are classy. Also maybe an INTj girl, if I can find one.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    This may seem odd, but the fact that my mother is an ISFp sort of makes me want to find a girl of a diffrent type. Maybe a hot little ESFj number would do me just fine, those chicks are classy. Also maybe an INTj girl, if I can find one.
    entp + esfj = havoc
    lol

  31. #31
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have two friends, one an ENTp and one an ESFj and they're "best buds."
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i know a female esfj/entp pair, the esfj being my ex. they were hilarious together. esfj girls have a delicious sense of humor, my ex is one of the funniest people i know.
    lol

  33. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Man, that just motivates me harder! She can be my girlfriend AND accomplise! Think of all the crazy stuff we can do!

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    381
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    that's basically 100% percent accurate
    lol

  35. #35
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    ...but then do you feel frustrated with yourself for it? And then angry for feeling frustrated? And then guilty for caring so much? And then depressed for the whole mess? And then guilty for feeling depressed? And then frustrated for for feeling guilty? LOL
    ah, I always go thru those endless thought cycles...

  36. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Rmc, can you shed some light on how it went down, without revealing personal details?

  37. #37
    schrödinger's cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    No, get yourself a nice little ISFp therapist, RMcNew.
    Are there any ISFp therapists? I wonder what ISFp therapy would look like. If the ISFps I know were therapists, they'd listen sympathetically and then say: "You worry too much. I like you; you're entertaining. You're doing just fine. Everything's going to be alright. Let's go have a pizza. Did you ever try that marvellous little restaurant close to the town hall? Their chianti is superb."

  38. #38
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i know an esfj/entp couple. the benefits are obvious so i will focus on the downsides. first off they are always busy and on the go and this seems to lead to stress after awhile because neither is getting function #5 up to where it needs to be. the entp becomes too stimulized with Fe sometimes and consequently acts like a chick at times.

    overall the esfj seems to be better off in terms of personal growth (she is more mentally stable etc) but she can be overly clingy at times.
    You just described the marriage of my brother (ENTp) and his wife (ESfj).

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    Oh, God, a supervisor therapist ! Not good, not good.
    *Smacks Blaze*
    The idea is to make RMcNew feel better, not to crush his self confidence into tiny little shards and then inject them into his bottom!

    No, get yourself a nice little ISFp therapist, RMcNew. You deserve it :wink: .
    I happen to know some very wonderful infj counselors, DL. Supervision relations are GOOD when you are using them for personal growth. Plus you can safely learn how to deal with your supervisor by dealing with your therapist!
    Entp
    ILE

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pedro. What's your beef with entps??
    Entp
    ILE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •