Thread: ESFps & irrationality

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESFps & irrationality

"ESFps are SO irrational!"

Any chance that this popular stereotype is unwarranted? That is, that the ESFp behaves just as "rationally" as any other type wrt one's own functional values?

Might "irrational" be overgeneralized in such a way that some ESFps could never identify with their type, and take great offense at being called "irrational" because it insults their logical faculties? The pejorative overgeneralization might be a stumbling block.

In reality, for a few ESFps, their level of intellectual intelligence could very well be quite extraordinary. But approaching situations in a sequential, 1+2=3 is still not their preferred way of life because they feel they MUST factor OTHER personal priorities and observations into their equations when approaching problems. This would appear to "expand" their scope of focus so as to appear "nonlinear" to others, who are apt to call them "irrational" as a result. But the ESFp may have so many connections mapped out in their minds it is not easy to impose such a narrow order on their thoughts in a very limited period of time. It doesn't necessarily mean they have poor logical abilities.

Thoughts?

TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I demand rationality from others, but if I don't feel like bothering with it, then I don't.

Most times, I need to conduct myself maturely, so I am as rational as possible.

But the ESFp may have so many connections mapped out in their minds it is not easy to impose such a narrow order on their thoughts in a very limited period of time. It doesn't necessarily mean they have poor logical abilities.

Story of my life!!
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha wow i totally agree. Thanks for making me feel better about my PoLR!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have problems to count my wasted money and how much I have to pay. My friends always complain about my poor mathematics, Fuck with them... they don't understand my logic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how I can't comprehend what you guys are talking about.

Yay for conflictors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intjguy
    Funny how I can't comprehend what you guys are talking about.

Yay for conflictors.
    Ha, really?? That is too funny.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I think maybe there is some rationality under the irrational cloud... there is a method to the madness! (sometimes)
    Yes, there is ... sometimes ... but some of us like to throw in some oddball twists here and there along with the logic, just for the fun of it/because we can, to make for a richer experience. It's the emotional freedom that colors life which might be understood. Not that I'm saying I'm an ESFp, LOL ... ANYway ...

*laughs*

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ESFps & irrationality

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    But the ESFp may have so many connections mapped out in their minds it is not easy to impose such a narrow order on their thoughts in a very limited period of time. It doesn't necessarily mean they have poor logical abilities.

Thoughts?
    I think this is pretty much what people mean when they say someone is not logically talented-- when they can't impose order in a limited amount of time (fast). But I agree that ESFps, like all types, can be super intelligent.