Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: What's my type?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default What's my type?

    I'm wondering which function is my Polr function, so that hopefully I can more easily figure out my type.

    I was thinking about it earlier today and I realized that whenever anyone asks something along the lines of (just for example), "Why did you sleep so late?" I react rather negatively. 'Rather negatively' meaning I snap at the person who asked or rudely brush them off. Mostly because...why would someone ask something like that? I mean, jeez, I slept so late because I was tired. Obviously! So...is that evidence of a Polr function? Or am I misinformed and it is something else? Or else (god forbid :wink: ) is it totally not a result of anything but life experiences and me over reacting?

    And if it isn't actually a Polr function related thing, what is a good way to figure out exactly what my Polr function is? How do I know for sure?

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That's not the best way to find your type. This might be related to your PoLR, it might also be your role function. It's better if you just give more information about yourself.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    That's not the best way to find your type. This might be related to your PoLR, it might also be your role function. It's better if you just give more information about yourself.
    Fair enough.

    First off, I'm fairly certain that I am an extroverted type. I prefer to have people around because without someone to talk to I get really mopey and depressed quickly. And on the occasion that I do want some alone time I always am multitasking and have either music or the television on, otherwise I just get irritable.

    As for the people I prefer to have around, they can be ones I do or don't know, it doesn't matter. I either'll talk to them or if I don't have anything to say I might...well, do things loudly is the best way to describe it. And when I was younger I learned to enjoy it when new years of school started and I was in a different class with people I didn't know. Mostly because I got to choose who I wanted to become friends with which I always did enjoy, though I didn't have any concious criteria...I just kind of looked around and randomly chose from the general 'atmosphere' they gave off. Later on that grew into me inviting particular friends to something just to see what happened with that particular combination, and the fruits of that particular curiosity are still seen to this day.

    In high school I really backed off socially because I guess I didn't really know what to expect from people. It was a really different circumstance, and plus I hated high school enough just because of the structure and the idiotic rote learning. Near the end of high school it was just creepy how much our school tried to control our eating habits and behavior. But I've graduated and my happiness in social situations has increased by... a load. Mostly because from here on out I choose who I'm with and what I do.

    The tantalizing freedom is enough to not make me overly upset over all the changes that come with college (geographical and otherwise). I'm also looking forward to a chance to learn to do the stuff that I've always wanted to, plus I want to get over all the stuff I'm afraid of like heights (I want to be an astronaut...) and to a lesser degree public speaking.

    Other stuff about me... Well, I'm fairly tolerant and open-minded, and I really try to be as much so as I can. The only thing I really can't take from people is them repeatedly telling me stuff that later turns out to not be true, or that they go back on. I guess...inconsistencies in their beliefs, thoughts, and actions is the best way to describe it. Like, my mother often will tell me we're leaving at a certain time, then that time'll come and I'll be ready to go but she will be sitting and reading. Or one of my friends will tell me something and then go back on it later.

    I hope that is a satisfactory amount of information. I didn't really know where to begin (or end!) with this little spiel.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENFp sounds reasonable.... Not liking the structure... although the rote learning shouldn't have been a problem, should it? But you definitely want to "know" what your type is, which is consistent with function 6 .

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you are ENTp. From your 1st post I`ve deducted you`r Alpha.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    ENFp sounds reasonable.... Not liking the structure... although the rote learning shouldn't have been a problem, should it?
    Well, the real problem with the rote learning was in part because it was boring and repeditive. More than that was the fact that we spent 12 years of our lives learning in a way that didn't really teach us anything at all. Sure, we learn how to fill out forms, memorize, parrot information, and the very basics that we need to know to be successful in life. But we don't learn anything applicable to our futures or everyday life. And that makes me mad. It's just a waste of time (on my part) and resources (everyone else's).

    Quote Originally Posted by bendertheoffender
    I think you are ENTp. From your 1st post I`ve deducted you`r Alpha.
    What about my first post makes you say so?

  7. #7
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eggplanetz
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    That's not the best way to find your type. This might be related to your PoLR, it might also be your role function. It's better if you just give more information about yourself.
    Fair enough.

    First off, I'm fairly certain that I am an extroverted type. I prefer to have people around because without someone to talk to I get really mopey and depressed quickly. And on the occasion that I do want some alone time I always am multitasking and have either music or the television on, otherwise I just get irritable.

    As for the people I prefer to have around, they can be ones I do or don't know, it doesn't matter. I either'll talk to them or if I don't have anything to say I might...well, do things loudly is the best way to describe it. And when I was younger I learned to enjoy it when new years of school started and I was in a different class with people I didn't know. Mostly because I got to choose who I wanted to become friends with which I always did enjoy, though I didn't have any concious criteria...I just kind of looked around and randomly chose from the general 'atmosphere' they gave off. Later on that grew into me inviting particular friends to something just to see what happened with that particular combination, and the fruits of that particular curiosity are still seen to this day.

    In high school I really backed off socially because I guess I didn't really know what to expect from people. It was a really different circumstance, and plus I hated high school enough just because of the structure and the idiotic rote learning. Near the end of high school it was just creepy how much our school tried to control our eating habits and behavior. But I've graduated and my happiness in social situations has increased by... a load. Mostly because from here on out I choose who I'm with and what I do.

    The tantalizing freedom is enough to not make me overly upset over all the changes that come with college (geographical and otherwise). I'm also looking forward to a chance to learn to do the stuff that I've always wanted to, plus I want to get over all the stuff I'm afraid of like heights (I want to be an astronaut...) and to a lesser degree public speaking.

    Other stuff about me... Well, I'm fairly tolerant and open-minded, and I really try to be as much so as I can. The only thing I really can't take from people is them repeatedly telling me stuff that later turns out to not be true, or that they go back on. I guess...inconsistencies in their beliefs, thoughts, and actions is the best way to describe it. Like, my mother often will tell me we're leaving at a certain time, then that time'll come and I'll be ready to go but she will be sitting and reading. Or one of my friends will tell me something and then go back on it later.

    I hope that is a satisfactory amount of information. I didn't really know where to begin (or end!) with this little spiel.
    So far you seem to be ENFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eggplanetz
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    That's not the best way to find your type. This might be related to your PoLR, it might also be your role function. It's better if you just give more information about yourself.
    Fair enough.

    First off, I'm fairly certain that I am an extroverted type. I prefer to have people around because without someone to talk to I get really mopey and depressed quickly. And on the occasion that I do want some alone time I always am multitasking and have either music or the television on, otherwise I just get irritable.

    As for the people I prefer to have around, they can be ones I do or don't know, it doesn't matter. I either'll talk to them or if I don't have anything to say I might...well, do things loudly is the best way to describe it. And when I was younger I learned to enjoy it when new years of school started and I was in a different class with people I didn't know. Mostly because I got to choose who I wanted to become friends with which I always did enjoy, though I didn't have any concious criteria...I just kind of looked around and randomly chose from the general 'atmosphere' they gave off. Later on that grew into me inviting particular friends to something just to see what happened with that particular combination, and the fruits of that particular curiosity are still seen to this day.

    In high school I really backed off socially because I guess I didn't really know what to expect from people. It was a really different circumstance, and plus I hated high school enough just because of the structure and the idiotic rote learning. Near the end of high school it was just creepy how much our school tried to control our eating habits and behavior. But I've graduated and my happiness in social situations has increased by... a load. Mostly because from here on out I choose who I'm with and what I do.

    The tantalizing freedom is enough to not make me overly upset over all the changes that come with college (geographical and otherwise). I'm also looking forward to a chance to learn to do the stuff that I've always wanted to, plus I want to get over all the stuff I'm afraid of like heights (I want to be an astronaut...) and to a lesser degree public speaking.

    Other stuff about me... Well, I'm fairly tolerant and open-minded, and I really try to be as much so as I can. The only thing I really can't take from people is them repeatedly telling me stuff that later turns out to not be true, or that they go back on. I guess...inconsistencies in their beliefs, thoughts, and actions is the best way to describe it. Like, my mother often will tell me we're leaving at a certain time, then that time'll come and I'll be ready to go but she will be sitting and reading. Or one of my friends will tell me something and then go back on it later.

    I hope that is a satisfactory amount of information. I didn't really know where to begin (or end!) with this little spiel.
    sounds similar to me , as for school and for hight scool...
    and for my ESFj mom.... with her Ni porl....
    well , its not ENFp for sure because of time stuff, ENFp dont care about it so much with it and ENFps actually know what to expect from people (so-called "Psychologists")

    Yea sounds ENFj imo
    Ni Creative

    there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

  9. #9
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,620
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought ENTp, but Fe leading could work too. You certainly seem to value Ti.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •