Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 417

Thread: types and their views on pornography

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default types and their views on pornography

    spill it
    INFP

  2. #2
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what type are you Diana?
    INFP

  4. #4
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    good stuff... nothing wrong with it

  5. #5
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's silly, and consumeristic. Lots of Se.
    asd

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    denton, tx
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i love porn although there's not a lot of porn that turns me on sexually. (but then again there aren't a lot of people who do, either ) in spite of all the negative attention it receives, i truly and honestly believe that it is one of the most sincere and free forms of expression out there today. there are really no limits to how far it can go, there are no strings attached to any porn, nobody ever expects it to be anything more than it is, and a lot of it includes wonderful music in the same vein as the porn itself!

    as an art it may be a tad bit...simple, and very little porn is going to be taken seriously as true art. but, it's still expressive in the sincerest way possible. you don't have to make any guesses as to what is going to be in a porn movie. they contain titles like "switch hitters", "fuck this face, then my butt", and my personal favorite "sniff my ass". they're self explanatory and nobody will ever pretend like the movie they're currently watching doesn't contain any ass-sniffing sections.

    "real" art is often stilted and unemotional, often attempting to cover a lack of talent in the shroud of self-expression. even when an artist is truly talented he will always have his staunch critics. half the time it isn't even self-explanatory. did you know the painting "nude descending a staircase no. 2" actually looks nothing like a nude descending a staircase? what a travesty! on the other hand, "fuck my fat tits 3" is obviously the third installment of a series of films involving fat tits getting fucked.

    see? it's simple, fun, educational, and every once in a while has a little artistic gem in the middle. porn, you're an a+ in my book
    entp-ti 6w7

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i love porn although there's not a lot of porn that turns me on sexually. (but then again there aren't a lot of people who do, either ) in spite of all the negative attention it receives, i truly and honestly believe that it is one of the most sincere and free forms of expression out there today. there are really no limits to how far it can go, there are no strings attached to any porn, nobody ever expects it to be anything more than it is, and a lot of it includes wonderful music in the same vein as the porn itself!

    as an art it may be a tad bit...simple, and very little porn is going to be taken seriously as true art. but, it's still expressive in the sincerest way possible. you don't have to make any guesses as to what is going to be in a porn movie. they contain titles like "switch hitters", "fuck this face, then my butt", and my personal favorite "sniff my ass". they're self explanatory and nobody will ever pretend like the movie they're currently watching doesn't contain any ass-sniffing sections.

    "real" art is often stilted and unemotional, often attempting to cover a lack of talent in the shroud of self-expression. even when an artist is truly talented he will always have his staunch critics. half the time it isn't even self-explanatory. did you know the painting "nude descending a staircase no. 2" actually looks nothing like a nude descending a staircase? what a travesty! on the other hand, "fuck my fat tits 3" is obviously the third installment of a series of films involving fat tits getting fucked.

    see? it's simple, fun, educational, and every once in a while has a little artistic gem in the middle. porn, you're an a+ in my book Very Happy
    i like how you said it's an art. most people don't see it as such. you said it is one of the most sincere and free forms of expression out there today. BRAVO
    INFP

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mooveefone
    i love porn although there's not a lot of porn that turns me on sexually. (but then again there aren't a lot of people who do, either ) in spite of all the negative attention it receives, i truly and honestly believe that it is one of the most sincere and free forms of expression out there today. there are really no limits to how far it can go, there are no strings attached to any porn, nobody ever expects it to be anything more than it is, and a lot of it includes wonderful music in the same vein as the porn itself!

    as an art it may be a tad bit...simple, and very little porn is going to be taken seriously as true art. but, it's still expressive in the sincerest way possible. you don't have to make any guesses as to what is going to be in a porn movie. they contain titles like "switch hitters", "fuck this face, then my butt", and my personal favorite "sniff my ass". they're self explanatory and nobody will ever pretend like the movie they're currently watching doesn't contain any ass-sniffing sections.

    "real" art is often stilted and unemotional, often attempting to cover a lack of talent in the shroud of self-expression. even when an artist is truly talented he will always have his staunch critics. half the time it isn't even self-explanatory. did you know the painting "nude descending a staircase no. 2" actually looks nothing like a nude descending a staircase? what a travesty! on the other hand, "fuck my fat tits 3" is obviously the third installment of a series of films involving fat tits getting fucked.

    see? it's simple, fun, educational, and every once in a while has a little artistic gem in the middle. porn, you're an a+ in my book
    Yeah, good post.

    Porn's the only kind of movie where you want it to be predictable ("Oh, look, there's a new female character in the film, I bet that guy has sex with her... oh yeah, he just did").


    I'd say more culturally related then type related though. There was a time in my life I thought porn was dirty or something. Then I saw through all the bullshit.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  9. #9
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think porns fine. Helps Single guys through many lonley nights. I do think theres an escalation element to it where you need more and more far out stuff to turn you on after a while though. I dont think it makes men look down on women or anything like that.

    I went to a strip joint for a bucks night the other night and i thought it was very interesting watching the goings on. I find them a bit dodgy though so i certianlly wont be going again unless its a special occasion. I was there with an INFp and he said when he leaves a strip joint he gets "stripper eyes" and ever girl looks like a stripper for a while after that. The exact same thing happened to me. In fact i couldn't see much difference between how people were acting inside the strip club than outside. Same level of Skankyness
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  10. #10
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From the differing ideas displayed of INFp's in this thread i think it shows its not type related
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  11. #11
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,631
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't like porn that much. I prefer to use my imagination to masturbate generally, and I see no use for porn except that. I kind of like pornotube though, sometimes I use it if I'm a bit tired to use my imagination.

    Oh of course this doesn't mean Im against it at all. They should do what the hell the want.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  12. #12
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mooveefone
    i love porn although there's not a lot of porn that turns me on sexually. (but then again there aren't a lot of people who do, either ) in spite of all the negative attention it receives, i truly and honestly believe that it is one of the most sincere and free forms of expression out there today. there are really no limits to how far it can go, there are no strings attached to any porn, nobody ever expects it to be anything more than it is, and a lot of it includes wonderful music in the same vein as the porn itself!

    as an art it may be a tad bit...simple, and very little porn is going to be taken seriously as true art. but, it's still expressive in the sincerest way possible. you don't have to make any guesses as to what is going to be in a porn movie. they contain titles like "switch hitters", "fuck this face, then my butt", and my personal favorite "sniff my ass". they're self explanatory and nobody will ever pretend like the movie they're currently watching doesn't contain any ass-sniffing sections.

    "real" art is often stilted and unemotional, often attempting to cover a lack of talent in the shroud of self-expression. even when an artist is truly talented he will always have his staunch critics. half the time it isn't even self-explanatory. did you know the painting "nude descending a staircase no. 2" actually looks nothing like a nude descending a staircase? what a travesty! on the other hand, "fuck my fat tits 3" is obviously the third installment of a series of films involving fat tits getting fucked.

    see? it's simple, fun, educational, and every once in a while has a little artistic gem in the middle. porn, you're an a+ in my book
    + 1 !
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There are so many different kinds of pornography that it's hard to have one general opinion on it. It's basically a masturbation tool, and I don't really see the problem with it in general, though like anything it can cause problems in various quantities.

    I actually prefer erotic art to photography.

  14. #14
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  15. #15
    Khamelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    U.S.
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Posts
    3,828
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The only times I ever enjoyed?? a video was while drunk or just super alone and, stuff. Which hasn't been much...not in a looooong time anyway.

    So anyways, my opinion is slightly different depending on gender...I'd prefer to NOT have my partner looking at any sort of porn, mainly without me. I'd rather not at all but if I'm with them, wuteverr.

    Sometimes I am 503582% disgusted by everything, but I always like artistic pornography, classy and such. Photography can be artistic as well...
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so



    [21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying
    .

  16. #16

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,101
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    porn is ok in my book.

  17. #17
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm tolerant of "light" porn use in potential partners. Most in the past have been into it to a degree.

    Mostly, though, I personally find it titillating, but that's it. Titillation, followed by a feeling of sheer emptiness. I do think that porn can be addictive, like any "taboo" item, and cause strange psychopathology in large amounts. I tend to think that overuse for some can result in a general orientation of "unreality" in real life relationships. I don't see how it can't have negative impact; subtle and insidious. Objectification of women, inability to become aroused unless "primed" by porn...

    A strong influence on the weak-minded, I'd say -- like the Jedi mind trick.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  18. #18
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whatever floats your boat. As long as the subjects of porn are willing, of age, and by no means coerced into the porn, then I really have no problem with it.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  19. #19
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I'm single (as if there's ever a time when I'm not) then, as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with it for personal use, provided of course all participants are adults, human and willing. I don't think it degrades anyone as such - one could claim it degrades the actual participants themselves, but I don't believe it degrades men or women as a whole at all. I don't agree with the use of it if one's in a relationship though, unless it's something both partners enjoy together (as I know there are couples that do).

    So.. in summary I'm pretty laid-back on the subject.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  20. #20
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My ESI girlfriend hates it. She says it puts women in a lower position, and when accepted by society as a whole, it indicates a low view of women by society. She also makes the argument that all porn is exploitive, and no woman would want to actually participate in being filmed whilst performing sexual acts. Those women that do want to participate have some sexual victimization in their past, and need help.

    Lads mags / soft porn is almost as bad as hard core because it is legitimate pornography that is accepted and sold in supermarkets, drug stores, etc.

    As for myself, I find it boring boring boring. I want to be creative and have fun in real life. However, I do not ever see myself crusading against porn though.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  21. #21
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,937
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I prefer the more interactive interpersonal alternative.
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    Those women that do want to participate have some sexual victimization in their past, and need help.
    Oh God.

    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  23. #23
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  24. #24
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,008
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I personally think both the men and women who participate have something wrong with them. Maybe just a lack of brains, but also morals and heart. Something's missing there for someone to want to do that for an audience.
    Meh, I don't believe in right or wrong. I don't see how you can say something is wrong with someone for having a different perspective than yourself.

  25. #25
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see it as wrong for clogging up the internet tubes, but right for everything else.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    354
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have tried watching it and it dosent do anything for me, but im not against it in the slightest.

    Personally I think its quite sad that society teaches people to be embarassed, feel shameful, feel bad about sexual desire, gives distorted and conflicting views about sex generally, and the way it supresses open discussion and conditions people to act in a way that is contrary to happiness and well being, by making what is probably the most important thing in life, harder to attain, understand and gain pleasure from. Im talking about relationships as well as just sex here.

    I would also say that if these harsh social attitudes and conditions about the way sex is presented to young people were gone, and sex was discussed and thought of in a way no different to some other mundane thing in life, pornography would be only a tiny bit as prevelent as it is today, as it wouldnt be sought after by so many people who are sexually and emotionally (with reguard to relationships) unsatisfied.

    As far as I can see, pornography isnt the cause of problems in society and in peoples lives, its a symptom of them.


    I personally got a lot of bad teachings with reguards to sex and relationships, in many of the ways described above, and other ways such as being taught to devalue things related to it, like image and relationships. I can honestly say that of all the things in life, that has without a doubt, unequivocally been the most destructive to my happiness and well being. Soz, im going off the suject now
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flower
    Personally I think its quite sad that society teaches people to be embarassed, feel shameful, feel bad about sexual desire, gives distorted and conflicting views about sex generally,
    Yeah, and to the point of being deluded that ANYONE who acts in the opposite MUST have been sexually victimized, emotionally troubled, or have some other thing "wrong" with them.


    I think I need a double .
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  28. #28
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by flower
    Personally I think its quite sad that society teaches people to be embarassed, feel shameful, feel bad about sexual desire, gives distorted and conflicting views about sex generally,
    Yeah, and to the point of being deluded that ANYONE who acts in the opposite MUST have been sexually victimized, emotionally troubled, or have some other thing "wrong" with them.


    I think I need a double .
    The argument is based on research of pornstar sexual history and pornstar sexual victimization. Chances are far more than 50% that if you are a pornstar, then you have been sexually victimized.

    The argument that pornography leads to violence against women has statistical evidence as well. Many rapists as well as pedophiles look at pornography extensively and especially just before committing a crime.

    Furthermore, I respect the argument without fully accepting it.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,101
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I personally think both the men and women who participate have something wrong with them. Maybe just a lack of brains, but also morals and heart. Something's missing there for someone to want to do that for an audience.
    Let's look at it from a little bit different point of view...
    Many people do it because they want to make money, not because they want people to see them, they just don't mind people seeing them in that way.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    100
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  31. #31
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I bet a lot of rapists and paedophiles also eat food at some point prior to committing a crime. I therefore believe that food is evil and causes people to become rapists and paedophiles. BAN FOOD IMMEDIATELY!
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by flower
    Personally I think its quite sad that society teaches people to be embarassed, feel shameful, feel bad about sexual desire, gives distorted and conflicting views about sex generally,
    Yeah, and to the point of being deluded that ANYONE who acts in the opposite MUST have been sexually victimized, emotionally troubled, or have some other thing "wrong" with them.


    I think I need a double .
    The argument is based on research of pornstar sexual history and pornstar sexual victimization. Chances are far more than 50% that if you are a pornstar, then you have been sexually victimized.

    The argument that pornography leads to violence against women has statistical evidence as well. Many rapists as well as pedophiles look at pornography extensively and especially just before committing a crime.

    Furthermore, I respect the argument without fully accepting it.
    I might have almost believed that.

    But there was one time in my life I believed that statistic that 1/3 of all women get raped at one point in their lives. It was used by my school to scare us all (I think). But then I found out that they used the term "raping" very very loosely (like if a guy ever hollered at a girl for having a "nice ass" and she didn't like it, they considered that "a rape". TOTALLY PATHETIC).

    I don't know where you got your %50 number from, but if they are using the words "sexually victimized" like most of these people use it, it's not really that scary or anything, and it's probably not much different from the average.

    When you use words like that, most people immediately think, "Wow, so all those girls were forced to have sex with their fathers at 12 years old?" which is not at all what it means. So make sure you say that before you mislead people.

    Also, just the fact they are in these pornos wouldn't mean these "victimizations" would increase. If the numbers are higher for porn stars, it wouldn't be surprising since female porn stars are usually more attractive then the average, and more sexually active then the average. Even if they weren't in the pornos, they would still have these traits.

    And as someone else pointed out, it was implied that all porno actors must have something wrong with them. Just the fact that they don't mind being seen in that kind of film is, in itself, basis for a "psychologically unhealthy" diagnosis. THAT is what I was originally --> to. The close-minded view on how other people might want to live their lives.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  33. #33
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentineneve
    I think Rocky was focusing on the absolute words, such as "any", "all" , "no" and "must". Your statistics indicate a probability that may be so, but not an absolute certainty. That may be why he believes the argument is false.

    Further, correlation is not causation in statistics. It could be that people with a predisposition to sexually assault women are more likely to watch pornography, i.e. they naturally view women as objects for some unrelated reason or another, and thus they sexually assault women and watch pornography. My guess is that the probability of finding a person who watches pornography, given that person is a sexual predator, is far greater than the probability of finding a sexual predator, given he watches pornography.


    Personally, I recognize some people are aroused by watching pornography, or being watched. I believe some people are exhibitionists. I believe some people may want or need the money. I don't particularly view pornography as automatically evil, and suspect that condemning pornography is much like condemning people who have one night stands. Although I may not favor one night stands, I don't think I should be the one passing judgment and declaring other people who have them as....defective.
    Pornography is unethical and change is needed in order for people to earn without exploiting themselves. It is exploitation as pornography objectifies necessarily. Not only through voyeurism but through the depiction of women in subordinate positions. Pornography is made by men, for men. If society is to be fair, pornography as it is should not be allowed.

    The argument is that watching pornography causes an attitude of objectification, and can be seen in the actions of those who watch pornography. Pornography is one of many objectifications of women, and as one of the most prevalent should be illegal in the name of equality.


    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    I bet a lot of rapists and paedophiles also eat food at some point prior to committing a crime. I therefore believe that food is evil and causes people to become rapists and paedophiles. BAN FOOD IMMEDIATELY!
    Food is a necessity for humanity, pornography is not.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    Pornography is unethical and change is needed in order for people to earn without exploiting themselves. It is exploitation as pornography objectifies necessarily. Not only through voyeurism but through the depiction of women in subordinate positions. Pornography is made by men, for men. If society is to be fair, pornography as it is should not be allowed.

    The argument is that watching pornography causes an attitude of objectification, and can be seen in the actions of those who watch pornography. Pornography is one of many objectifications of women, and as one of the most prevalent should be illegal in the name of equality.
    PORNOGRAPHY IS SEX, SO YOU JUST IMPLIED THE ACT OF SEX ITSELF IS UNETHICAL AND UNFAIR TO WOMEN.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  35. #35
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariano Rajoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by flower
    Personally I think its quite sad that society teaches people to be embarassed, feel shameful, feel bad about sexual desire, gives distorted and conflicting views about sex generally,
    Yeah, and to the point of being deluded that ANYONE who acts in the opposite MUST have been sexually victimized, emotionally troubled, or have some other thing "wrong" with them.


    I think I need a double .
    The argument is based on research of pornstar sexual history and pornstar sexual victimization. Chances are far more than 50% that if you are a pornstar, then you have been sexually victimized.

    The argument that pornography leads to violence against women has statistical evidence as well. Many rapists as well as pedophiles look at pornography extensively and especially just before committing a crime.

    Furthermore, I respect the argument without fully accepting it.
    I might have almost believed that.

    But there was one time in my life I believed that statistic that 1/3 of all women get raped at one point in their lives. It was used by my school to scare us all (I think). But then I found out that they used the term "raping" very very loosely (like if a guy ever hollered at a girl for having a "nice ass" and she didn't like it, they considered that "a rape". TOTALLY PATHETIC).

    I don't know where you got your %50 number from, but if they are using the words "sexually victimized" like most of these people use it, it's not really that scary or anything, and it's probably not much different from the average.

    When you use words like that, most people immediately think, "Wow, so all those girls were forced to have sex with their fathers at 12 years old?" which is not at all what it means. So make sure you say that before you mislead people.

    Also, just the fact they are in these pornos wouldn't mean these "victimizations" would increase. If the numbers are higher for porn stars, it wouldn't be surprising since female porn stars are usually more attractive then the average, and more sexually active then the average. Even if they weren't in the pornos, they would still have these traits.

    And as someone else pointed out, it was implied that all porno actors must have something wrong with them. Just the fact that they don't mind being seen in that kind of film is, in itself, basis for a "psychologically unhealthy" diagnosis. THAT is what I was originally --> to. The close-minded view on how other people might want to live their lives.
    Using the term "rape" to describe any type of aggression or violence towards women is an attempt to incite change. These are cultural attitudes that are being fought against, and re-labelling the subordination of women as rape is a technique of cultural "warfare".

    I don't see how one can ethically give pornstars a "psychologically helathy" report card. The studies do suggest that most pornstars are exposed to incest at a young age. It is closed minded to suppose that how one lives their life has no affect on others.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  36. #36
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The 1/3 of American women thing is that a third of women in the US are the victims of sexual assault, which includes more than just rape, but not being told you have a nice ass.

    Based on the women I know I think the 1/3 number is probably right.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  37. #37
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am done playing "devils advocate".

    Anyhow, what is interesting is the willingness to defend pornography.

    @Rocky: The depiction of sex in porn is very different from real sex.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

  38. #38
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well I agree with you for what it's worth. If porn were an accurate portrayal of real sex, it wouldn't bother me. But what I've seen (and I'll admit I haven't seen a whole lot) seems to show women as objects to be used by men however they want with no concern for the women at all. I don't mind the idea of people watching sexually explicit things, but I don't like the portrayal of women in porn.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    edited

  40. #40
    Mariano Rajoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,120
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Well I agree with you for what it's worth. If porn were an accurate portrayal of real sex, it wouldn't bother me. But what I've seen (and I'll admit I haven't seen a whole lot) seems to show women as objects to be used by men however they want with no concern for the women at all. I don't mind the idea of people watching sexually explicit things, but I don't like the portrayal of women in porn.
    Ya! You like my Fi? It is kind of difficult, I see lots of holes in my argument, but I guess that is not what Fi is about.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •