Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: Jimmy Stewart

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Jimmy Stewart

    Please share your opinion on his type:

    James Stewart





    ... known for his portrayals of diffident but morally resolute characters. 1908-1997

    “Never treat your audience as customers, always as partners.”

    “I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, and I'm happy, Doctor, I finally won out over it.”

    “When it came to kissing, Harlow was the best.”

    “I was going to be an architect. I graduated with a degree in architecture and I had a scholarship to go back to Princeton and get my Masters in architecture. I'd done theatricals in college, but I'd done them because it was fun.”

    “If I had my career over again? Maybe I'd say to myself, speed it up a little.”

    “Frank called me one day and said, 'I have an idea for a movie, why don't you come over and I'll tell you?' So I went over and we sat down and he said, 'This picture starts in heaven'. That shook me.”

    “After the awards, I didn't win, my father called me up and told me that the man from Johnstown had put all kinds of signs in the theatre saying, 'This year's Academy Award winner... ' because my father had said I was going to win. And I didn't. But this guy asked if it would be alright if he took the Oscar and put it in the lobby and put a sign saying, 'This is what it would look like if he had won'.”

    “My mother approved, my father just didn't accept the idea of my being an actor. I think that's the reason he kept the hardware store in operation, because I think he was pretty sure that I was going to be found out sooner or later, and he wanted to have a job for me to come back to.”

    “It's well done if you can do a part and not have the acting show.”

    “One time they traded me for seven horses. Seven stunt horses.”

  2. #2
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think he's ISFp.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  3. #3
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  4. #4
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Partially because he reminds me of a couple of ISFps.

    Partially because he has a warmth I associate with creative Fe. And a sweet "aw shucks" way about him that some ISFps seem to me to have.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Partially because he reminds me of a couple of ISFps.

    Partially because he has a warmth I associate with creative Fe. And a sweet "aw shucks" way about him that some ISFps seem to me to have.
    ????????

    A most surprising guess.

  6. #6
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd say te opposite - ENTj. At first I got the INTp vibe, but then I decided he's more likely EJ than INTp. Serious and practical look in his eyes.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    very first impression for me was also entj, but entirely not sure. It's weird. Ever since thehotelambush posted that ENFjs and ISTps are the most similar of conflictor pairs I started thinking about surface similarities between conflictors.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Partially because he reminds me of a couple of ISFps.

    Partially because he has a warmth I associate with creative Fe. And a sweet "aw shucks" way about him that some ISFps seem to me to have.
    Slacker Mom, do you have any other (male) ISFp propositions to post - celeb pix or otherwise?


  9. #9
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Partially because he reminds me of a couple of ISFps.

    Partially because he has a warmth I associate with creative Fe. And a sweet "aw shucks" way about him that some ISFps seem to me to have.
    Slacker Mom, do you have any other (male) ISFp propositions to post - celeb pix or otherwise?


    he reminds me oddly of valeria golino.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Partially because he reminds me of a couple of ISFps.

    Partially because he has a warmth I associate with creative Fe. And a sweet "aw shucks" way about him that some ISFps seem to me to have.
    Slacker Mom, do you have any other (male) ISFp propositions to post - celeb pix or otherwise?


    he reminds me oddly of valeria golino.
    No way.



    (Sorry about the gun pointing at ya'll ... how rude ... it was not intentional. :wink: )

    So there she is.

    I do see what you mean, implied, by the resemblance.

    This is all really strange to me, but worth considering.

    (By the way, don't be surprised if I am extremely hesitant about my typings lately. It's just that point again in my research cycle, suspending most everything I thought I knew so far and collecting more input for the sake of new insights, accuracy, etc.)

  11. #11
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Partially because he reminds me of a couple of ISFps.

    Partially because he has a warmth I associate with creative Fe. And a sweet "aw shucks" way about him that some ISFps seem to me to have.
    Slacker Mom, do you have any other (male) ISFp propositions to post - celeb pix or otherwise?


    he reminds me oddly of valeria golino.
    No way.



    (Sorry about the gun pointing at ya'll ... how rude ... it was not intentional. :wink: )

    So there she is.

    I do see what you mean, implied, by the resemblance.

    This is all really strange to me, but worth considering.

    (By the way, don't be surprised if I am extremely hesitant about my typings lately. It's just that point again in my research cycle, suspending most everything I thought I knew so far and collecting more input for the sake of new insights, accuracy, etc.)

    i believe it's his sad sort of suffering soul eyes that i'm relating with golino, more than his static features. rick has typed her as SEI.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    ...

    i believe it's his sad sort of suffering soul eyes that i'm relating with golino, more than his static features. rick has typed her as SEI.
    I see it completely.

    I thought I knew who the SEI's were, but maybe there is another subtype or side to them I have not yet encountered ... now this is eating at me. ARggh.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's definitely ISFp or anything just yet. A few days ago, I would've much sooner said INTp.

    Thanks for your input, implied.

  13. #13
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Ever since thehotelambush posted that ENFjs and ISTps are the most similar of conflictor pairs I started thinking about surface similarities between conflictors.
    Hah, I must have missed that post by thehotelambush. But that's a very interesting observation.

    (I agree on SEI, by the way.)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Ever since thehotelambush posted that ENFjs and ISTps are the most similar of conflictor pairs I started thinking about surface similarities between conflictors.
    Hah, I must have missed that post by thehotelambush. But that's a very interesting observation.

    (I agree on SEI, by the way.)

  15. #15
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Ever since thehotelambush posted that ENFjs and ISTps are the most similar of conflictor pairs I started thinking about surface similarities between conflictors.
    Hah, I must have missed that post by thehotelambush. But that's a very interesting observation.

    (I agree on SEI, by the way.)
    What are you so surprised about?

    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Jimmy Stewart

    If he is ISFp, then there are other ISFps lurking in that celeb INTp thread. Ughhhh.


  17. #17

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Ever since thehotelambush posted that ENFjs and ISTps are the most similar of conflictor pairs I started thinking about surface similarities between conflictors.
    Hah, I must have missed that post by thehotelambush. But that's a very interesting observation.

    (I agree on SEI, by the way.)
    What are you so surprised about?

    because ...

    sigh.

    Too much to share online.



    Sorry.

  18. #18
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    because ...

    sigh.

    Too much to share online.



    Sorry.
    I don't get it.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  19. #19
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Too much to share online.
    PMs? (or am I missing your point?)
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    because ...

    sigh.

    Too much to share online.



    Sorry.
    I don't get it.
    That's ok. No worries.

    Do you have an opinion on George Harrison's type, by the way?

  21. #21

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Too much to share online.
    PMs? (or am I missing your point?)
    No, you're not missing anything.

    BUT I AM!!!!!!!!

    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  22. #22

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    :wink:

  23. #23
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Do you have an opinion on George Harrison's type, by the way?
    Nope.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  24. #24
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Too much to share online.
    PMs? (or am I missing your point?)
    No, you're not missing anything.

    BUT I AM!!!!!!!!

    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Now I am totally clueless...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Do you have an opinion on George Harrison's type, by the way?
    Nope.
    k

  26. #26

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Too much to share online.
    PMs? (or am I missing your point?)
    No, you're not missing anything.

    BUT I AM!!!!!!!!

    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Now I am totally clueless...
    Backtracking ...

    I was initially surprised that more people were concurring on SEI for him.

    Does this help?

    Sorry for the confusion.

  27. #27
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am trying hard to understand the meaning of this sentence:

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Too much to share online.

    There are many different possible connotations you know ...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  28. #28
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Backtracking ...

    I was initially surprised that more people were concurring on SEI for him.

    Does this help?
    Yes, it does, if that's what it was. Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Nothing to worry about.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  29. #29

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I am trying hard to understand the meaning of this sentence:

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Too much to share online.

    There are many different possible connotations you know ...
    Let's just say that knowing his type may resolve certain typological puzzles I've been working on for some time.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Backtracking ...

    I was initially surprised that more people were concurring on SEI for him.

    Does this help?
    Yes, it does, if that's what it was. Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Nothing to worry about.
    Thank you for your patience.

  31. #31
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    because ...

    sigh.

    Too much to share online.



    Sorry.
    I don't get it.
    That's ok. No worries.

    Do you have an opinion on George Harrison's type, by the way?
    George Harrison = INTp.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  32. #32
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I am trying hard to understand the meaning of this sentence:

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Too much to share online.

    There are many different possible connotations you know ...
    Let's just say that knowing his type may resolve certain typological puzzles I've been working on for some time.
    Oh, ok. Now I understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Thank you for your patience.
    Patience is one of my virtues. :wink:
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I am trying hard to understand the meaning of this sentence:

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Too much to share online.

    There are many different possible connotations you know ...
    Let's just say that knowing his type may resolve certain typological puzzles I've been working on for some time.
    Oh, ok. I understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Thank you for your patience.
    Patience is one of my virtues. :wink:
    <3 Si

  34. #34
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    because ...

    sigh.

    Too much to share online.



    Sorry.
    I don't get it.
    That's ok. No worries.

    Do you have an opinion on George Harrison's type, by the way?
    George Harrison = INTp.
    agree.


    we should get the smilex theory involved. perhaps they used to be INTps, but they've developed so much that they're now ISFps! (;

  35. #35

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    because ...

    sigh.

    Too much to share online.



    Sorry.
    I don't get it.
    That's ok. No worries.

    Do you have an opinion on George Harrison's type, by the way?
    George Harrison = INTp.
    agree.


    we should get the smilex theory involved. perhaps they used to be INTps, but they've developed so much that they're now ISFps! (;


    Now that's my kind of theory.

    :wink:

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ENTp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •