Thread: Super-ego relations "modelling"

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Super-ego relations "modelling"

An attempt at super-ego modelling.

In all super-ego relationships (romantic ones), the relationship tends to fall apart due to the dual-seeking function being the partner's 7th function, that is, it takes some strain to keep it active.

But how is it kept going for a whille?

- EJs and EPs: they are quick to start, and quick to collapse, due to the common extraversion.

- IJs and IPs: slow to start and slow to collapse, due to common introversion. Drifting into mutual boredom and sapping of energy.

In all cases, the identical temperament, together with the perceived differences, is a source of attraction.

Apart from the common temperament, the 6th function - 8th function axis is what keeps it going: it provides the common interests, but at a superficial and non-essential level.

In summary:

-INTj-ISFj and INFj - ISTj : common ground in Si and Ni

Such couples will spend a large portion of their time at home enjoying good food and drink, or going out for that purpose. The Ne IJs will provide some input as to the opportunity of actions of the Se IJs during more serious moments.

- ENTj-ESFj and ENFj-ESTj: common ground in Ne and Se

Such couples will spend a large portion of their time going out to do interesting, fun things of short duration - like movies, theater, plays, concerts and the like. In more serious moments, they will discuss political power plays, at work or with acquaintances, offering mutual help.

- ENTp-ESFp and ENFp-ESTp: common ground in Te and Fe

Such couples will spend a lot of time in fun social activities with other people in a larger group; in longer conversations, the Ti EPs will provide information, and answer questions, in matters of interest to the Fi EPs.

- ISFp-INTp and INFp - ISTp: common ground in Ti and Fi

For the sake of the Te IPs, the Fe IPs will spend a lot more time with them on one-to-one activities than their inclination dictates, since they'd prefer to have activities in a larger group. In turn the Te IPs will have to get used to providing clear-cut Ti input to the Fe IPs' questions when asking for decisions. This is perhaps (but I may be biased) the most "inertial" of all superego relationships, held together by sheer lack of activity and with both essentially spending time together without ever "being" together.

I suggest that IP-IP superego are those that are the most difficult to start, but also the most difficult to break up once they have reached the stage of living together etc.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all super-ego relationships (romantic ones), the relationship tends to fall apart due to the dual-seeking function being the partner's 7th function, that is, it takes some strain to keep it active.

But how is it kept going for a whille?

- EJs and EPs: they are quick to start, and quick to collapse, due to the common extraversion.

- IJs and IPs: slow to start and slow to collapse, due to common introversion. Drifting into mutual boredom and sapping of energy.
    First off,

About the EP/EJ: I think that may be too simplified? Ep temp. is important, but Fi and Fe goes into the beginnings of romantic relationships, as well as other functions, and is also what makes it last. Among many other things.

It does take a lot of strain. I am sort of sacrificing a good bit, but I think he may do it too he just isn't the type to let me know unless he is super pissed and push it out of him. I let him know as soon as he frustrates me to a certain level. To the point where it is unfair.

- ENTp-ESFp and ENFp-ESTp: common ground in Te and Fe

Such couples will spend a lot of time in fun social activities with other people in a larger group; in longer conversations, the Ti EPs will provide information, and answer questions, in matters of interest to the Fi EPs.
    Sounds about right
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    About the EP/EJ: I think that may be too simplified?
    Sure. I was comparing it to the relative inertia with introverts.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE-Fi 6w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamelion
    About the EP/EJ: I think that may be too simplified?
    Sure. I was comparing it to the relative inertia with introverts.
    I could see that.
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, I have noticed the 8th function is also important in Comparative relations.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Expat's formulation of super-ego relations. In my experience, the relation is slow to start and even though the end is in sight, it is taking a bit to actually complete. I don't think boredom applies though. I am quite comfortable at times, but the Se busts out sometimes and ruins the comfort. I often have to calm my SEI partner down when in public or with her family. If her judgement is against me, there is hardly anything I can do to calm her. Everything pisses her off. I have slowly come to the conclusion that I do not want to be around this manner of dealing with problems, especially in a marriage with the possibility of having kids. Too much forseeable stress. Actually breaking it off will come soon, but the timing has to be right.

We do stay in often, mostly because I am diligently saving my money for investment, perhaps in a house. She agrees with my reasoning for staying in, and we often enjoy making meals together and watching a movie.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: super-ego modelling

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    An attempt at super-ego modelling.

- ISFp-INTp and INFp - ISTp: common ground in Ti and Fi

For the sake of the Te IPs, the Fe IPs will spend a lot more time with them on one-to-one activities than their inclination dictates, since they'd prefer to have activities in a larger group. In turn the Te IPs will have to get used to providing clear-cut Ti input to the Fe IPs' questions when asking for decisions. This is perhaps (but I may be biased) the most "inertial" of all superego relationships, held together by sheer lack of activity and with both essentially spending time together without ever "being" together.
    Never been really too attracted to other I-types, in terms of intimate relationships, I'll admit.

Doesn't seem from your model that this correlates with Fe -- but I actually prefer one-to-one activities to group ones. I don't feel like I can focus on one person with the distraction of group dynamic.

Seems to me that most of these kinds of relationships would be pretty insular, like closed circuits. That would get kinda claustrophobic for me real fast. Might work as work friends or acquaintances.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't buy it that large groups = Fe and small groups = Fi. Most introverts (especially IxTx) are more comfortable in small groups. It's more about what the group does than what size it is.