Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thich Nhat Hanh

Zen Buddhist Monk who wrote Being Peace.

Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nhat_Hanh

Various quotations:
    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...nhat_hanh.html

Long, but very good documentary film on Youtube:
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=bXQhspVJKxY[/youtube]
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good call Baby
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he is probably INFj?
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could very well be. But there is nothing to really determine it from (that I have seen). Spirituality / religion does influences people like that. It makes me seem more IJ / IF when I am in that mode.

This raises questions like - could an ESTp ever be a buddhist? etc
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    This raises questions like - could an ESTp ever be a buddhist? etc
    Good question. I've played around with the idea that different paths to "enlightenment", if you will, exist for different types. For example, I know a lot of ESXx types who seem to find their spiritual side through martial arts, archery, hatha yoga, etc.

Most of the major religions account for various paths to nirvana/salvation/etc. In Christianity, there is the communal worship, music, meditation, alms-giving, etc. The Buddha's path to enlightenment is eightfold (correct view/intention/speech/action/etc.). In the Bhagavad Gita, Krishna outline three yogas - Karma yoga (yoga of action - possibly more appeal to Se and Se-valuing types), Jnana yoga (yoga of knowledge - Ni/Ti), and the Bhakti yoga (yoga of devotion - Fi/Fe/Si). (There is also Hatha yoga - the physical exercises.)