Thread: Samuel L Jackson

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Samuel L. Jackson

I know the general consensus here is EIE, but I wonder how true this might be...

The thing is, he really seems like a great guy and like someone I could get along with pretty well . In his roles he always appears intelligent, ethically stable, just, loyal, reliable, non-interfering, carrying, and has all these human qualities I respect and value. So what are the chances that I am looking at an ENFj?

What do you think?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Samuel L. Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    I know the general consensus here is EIE, but I wonder how true this might be...

The thing is, he really seems like a great guy and like someone I could get along with pretty well . In his roles he always appears intelligent, ethically stable, just, loyal, reliable, non-interfering, carrying, and has all these human qualities I respect and value. So what are the chances that I am looking at an ENFj?

What do you think?
    He's as much ENFj as you are ISTp. And considering that the virtues you place upon his roles are quite generic virtues, do not be surprised to find them in just about every type in some form or another.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what you mean...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say ENFj.

I didn't realize there was a consensus.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe he's ENFj, either. I think he's clearly ENTj, which I'll explain later.
    INFp, Intuitive subtype, Enneagram 6w5
    Back in school and on semi-permanent hiatus from the forum

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think?
    Ugh, you make me sick

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Ugh, you make me sick
    I am very glad.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uninspired
    I don't believe he's ENFj, either. I think he's clearly ENTj, which I'll explain later.
    ENTj would make much more sense to me. Or at least Ni-ENFj, if ENFj at all, which I don't think so.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj would make much more sense to me. Or at least Ni-ENFj, if ENFj at all, which I don't think so.
    Is it that you do not think so or that you do not want so?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, you make me sick
    I am very glad.
    Thumbs up.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Both, I don't want to and I don't (despite the reasons I don't want to). I just don't see enough "Leading " signs, as I do in other (celebrity) individuals. Or maybe is not always as obvious to me as I think it is(/should be).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both, I don't want to and I don't (despite the reasons I don't want to). I just don't see enough "Leading " signs, as I do in other (celebrity) individuals. Or maybe is not always as obvious to me as I think it is(/should be).
    He is an atmosphere and mood reader and composer, who is skilled at image projection (). I would recommend watching Pulp Fiction for Samuel L. Jackson at his most definitive role or listening to SLJ talk in one of his interviews about how he wanted a purple lightsaber. He also seems to have a greater preference for Merry > Serious and is far more verbally and physically expressive than most LIEs, which would point to ENFj > ENTj. While there is definitely creative-, I am afraid that his leading function is most definitely , especially when compared with the LIE Quentin Tarantino.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think?
    IMO he looks ENTj in his photos.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe
    Ugh, you make me sick
    I am very glad.
    Thumbs up.
    Idiot

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one line response meant to show support for one of the parties.
    asd

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idiot
    Thanks, but we already know what you are.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    I think you need to be more specific here, you wuss. Spill it out!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idiot
    Well to be fair you did kind of give ENFjs a back-handed slap by saying, "Samuel L. Jackson has all of these respectable qualities, and I like him, so how can he possibly be ENFj?" I am sure your reaction would be similar if an ENFj had a thread: "How can Celebrity X possibly be an ISTp when they have all these positive attributes?"

I think you need to be more specific.
    Do you not get his jest? If you were to ask him to be specific his response would probably be "a generic paragraph response meant to show support for one of the parties."
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it's normal to sort of respect some of the qualities of your superego or even conflictor partner.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idiot
    Well to be fair you did kind of give ENFjs a back-handed slap by saying, "Samuel L. Jackson has all of these respectable qualities, and I like him, so how can he possibly be ENFj?" I am sure your reaction would be similar if an ENFj had a thread: "How can Celebrity X possibly be an ISTp when they have all these positive attributes?"
    But how does that have anything to do with what you quoted me on???

And I think you are over-exaggerating the meaning (purpose) of this thread.

Do you not get his jest? If you were to ask him to be specific his response would probably be "a generic paragraph response meant to show support for one of the parties."
    And how do I know which party is he talking about?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i think it's normal to sort of respect some of the qualities of your superego or even conflictor partner.
    Yes, I think so, too. But I want to know if it's more than that in this case.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't support scarlettlux's superficial demeanor in regards to issues, but i also don't support discojoe's antagonizing nature. yay balance. I also don't support myself for letting go of my respect and getting involved in forum drama. I kick myself in the head, but at the same time I know i have a lot going for me in my life and that getting on the internet and fighting is not a bad way to spend an hour of the day. I do so much helping at work that I need to get on the net and beat some e-ass.
    asd

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idiot
    But how does that have anything to do with what you quoted me on???

And I think you are over-exaggerating the meaning (purpose) of this thread.
    What does it have to do with it? The entire back and forth middle school insults, that's what. If the purpose of this thread is the determination Samuel L. Jackson's type, then we have obviously done a fantastic job of it so far, don't you think?

He was being purposefully neutral and nondescript as to the party of his support. I thought that much was obvious.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

logos is like my brain!
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't support scarlettlux's superficial demeanor in regards to issues, but i also don't support discojoe's antagonizing nature. yay balance. I also don't support myself for letting go of my respect and getting involved in forum drama. I kick myself in the head, but at the same time I know i have a lot going for me in my life and that getting on the internet and fighting is not a bad way to spend an hour of the day. I do so much helping at work that I need to get on the net and beat some e-ass.
    Your posts make me laugh. Haha.
    LII
    that is what i was getting at. if there is an inescapable appropriation that is required in the act of understanding, this brings into question the validity of socionics in describing what is real, and hence stubborn contradictions that continue to plague me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I entertain myself with clever thoughts all day. I am sometimes too much of a jokester.

There is an old lady at work named, "dorcus," and everytime i said her name today i laughed a little.

"Did you get Dorcus to lay down?"

"Is Dorcus ready to go?"

Oh god, i couldn't help but say the name with a slightly humorous tone, look down and smile to myself. It was even harder to look her in the eyes and address her by name without cracking up. or even looking at her and thinking, "dorcus is doing _____," i would start laughing.

I guess that's really childish but i think life is very funny.

Dorcus' parents agree.
    asd

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the purpose of this thread is the determination Samuel L. Jackson's type, then we have obviously done a fantastic job of it so far, don't you think?
    Yes, of course we did. But we couldn't have done it without the help of our precious Scralett, who has contributed the most.

And how do I know which party is he talking about?He was being purposefully neutral and nondescript as to the party of his support. I thought that much was obvious.
    I don't understand why would someone be "purposefully" neutral or willing to voice his neutrality. It's like saying "hey, I don't know if I prefer A or B". Well if you don't know, you shut up. When you know, then you tell me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what? You can be neutral to things. Hey, it's better than apathy.
    asd

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I entertain myself with clever thoughts all day. I am sometimes too much of a jokester.

There is an old lady at work named, "dorcus," and everytime i said her name today i laughed a little.

"Did you get Dorcus to lay down?"

"Is Dorcus ready to go?"

Oh god, i couldn't help but say the name with a slightly humorous tone, look down and smile to myself. It was even harder to look her in the eyes and address her by name without cracking up. or even looking at her and thinking, "dorcus is doing _____," i would start laughing.

I guess that's really childish but i think life is very funny.

Dorcus' parents agree.
    You 're full of nonsense humor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not all of it. I don't like 'hard' humor about common topics like sex, competition, work, celebrities etc. I enjoy clever thoughts with a touch of wholesomeness.
    asd

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the purpose of this thread is the determination Samuel L. Jackson's type, then we have obviously done a fantastic job of it so far, don't you think?
    Yes, of course we did. But we couldn't have done it without the help of our precious Scralett, who has contributed the most.
    And this is uncalled for. While Scarlett's name calling was probably not the most mature of decisions, neither is your persistence in such childish behavior either.

He was being purposefully neutral and nondescript as to the party of his support. I thought that much was obvious.
    I don't understand why would someone be "purposefully" neutral or willing to voice his neutrality. It's like saying "hey, I don't know if I prefer A or B". Well if you don't know, you shut up. When you know, then you tell me.
    It looks like I will have to draw a picture to explain how to write a joke. He provided a completely neutral and neutered post as a parody of the typical drivel that passes as arguments or evidence on these forums! It is not a matter of him preferring A or B, it is a matter of the sort of posts that are often a dime a dozen in these What's My Type threads.
    Johari Box

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this is uncalled for. While Scarlett's name calling was probably not the most mature of decisions, neither is your persistence in such childish behavior either.
    Whatever... I guess I 'll need to take discipline & behavior lessons from Logos.

It looks like I will have to draw a picture to explain how to write a joke. He provided a completely neutral and neutered post as a parody of the typical drivel that passes as arguments or evidence on these forums! It is not a matter of him preferring A or B, it is a matter of the sort of posts that are often a dime a dozen in these What's My Type threads.
    Well that interpretation makes sense to some extent but it's a very subjective view of things which is definitely not "obvious". And I can't be in his head. You 're his brain after all, not I.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever... I guess I 'll need to take discipline & behavior lessons from Logos.
    If you feel that they would be necessary...

Well that interpretation makes sense to some extent but it's a very subjective view of things which is definitely not "obvious". And I can't be in his head. You 're his brain after all, not I.
    Such a style has a fairly frequent use on Internet forums much like "insert witty response here." Obviously such a statement does not mean that he is waiting to tell you his witty response or that he even has one prepared, but that the author is using this phrase as a substitution for the typical witty response which would be expected to follow or located by that point in the discussion. In the same vein, heath's post was a sarcastic substitution for the usual posts which would generally be to effect of "I think that Samuel L. Jackson is definitely ENTj." But with heath's generic comment of "one line response meant to show support for one of the parties," what he is really saying is "this is where someone usually posts a one-lined insubstantial post of no consequence in which someone merely says whatever type they want person X to be without any real argumentation of or ."
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you horrible child. (;

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    you horrible child. (;
    Well it's probably my fault somehow. I apologize for breathing.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He`s propably ENTj.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bendertheoffender
    He`s propably ENTj.
    He's probably not ENTj.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    which would point to ENFj > ENTj. While there is definitely creative-, I am afraid that his leading function is most definitely , especially when compared with the LIE Quentin Tarantino.
    that would be a good comparison
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post

If you could only figure out which "intense subtype" of SLI you are Bro...this would get everything figured out....ahhhaahh
    ENTP:wink:ALPHA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast