TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default metabolism (food intake / processing) and type

Any correlation there?

And one other question - do you think big shiny eyes has something to do with being S>N?

Excuse brevity... more later.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: metabolism (food intake / processing) and type

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Any correlation there?

And one other question - do you think big shiny eyes has something to do with being S>N?

Excuse brevity... more later.
    - There's some correlation, but it's valid only for certain types. For example, ILIs tend towards being slightly overweight (slightly not a lot) - it's rare to find a really ectomorphic one. But for example IEIs are all over the place, and so are LIEs, ime.

- No, I don't think so.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some agree that Ectomorphs are mainly Intuitive, and Endomorphs mainly Sensing.

Except that we can find contradictions, like Le Pen (EIE) and Sarkozy (LSI).

Enneagram theorists may say that Endomorphs is correlated to 891, Mesomorphs to 234, and Ectomorphs to 567.

I'll proceed by the two most frequent sociotypes for each enneatype :

"endo" types

8 : LSE, LSI = Sensing
    9 : SEI, IEE = Sensing
    1 : LSI, LSE = Sensing

"meso" types

2 : EIE, EII = Intuitive
    3 : LIE, LSE = Intuitive
    4 : IEI, SEI = Intuitive

"ecto" types

5 : LII, ILE = Intuitive
    6 : ESI, EIE = Sensing
    7 : SEE, LIE = Sensing

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what

WHAT.

Mesomorphs are much more often sensors-- especially extraverted sensors.
    asd

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk about pointless speculation...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to me that ILIs are ectomorphs, I am mesomorph, I know one ENFj with a very similar body type to mine. I know a very slim INTj who eats very unhealthily (potato chips, etc).

Ni dominants tend to be ektomorph in my experience, but they don't really take care of their health all that well, so if they happen to be endo- or mesomorphs they'll probably be rather fat unless they are very very socially conscious and make a serious effort to stay slim.

Si dominants tend to be naturally conscious of what they eat and they tend to be slim no matter what metabolism type they naturally have. Although the less social Si-dominants sometimes over-enjoy their food and gain too much weight.

Se and Ne dominants are on the scale of medium to muscular. They don't really look skinny even when they are thin. And when they have too much fat tissue, they just look more prominent, not stubby.

Fe and Te dominants are on the scale of medium to fat. Even when I worked out and had very considerable muscles, Rick told me I don't look "strong". I was just less fat.

Fi and Ti dominants have the most noticeable variation. They don't seem to affect their metabolism type much without a conscious choice to change things. The ectomorphs are skinny, the mesomorphs are medium and endomorphism are fat. When they diet, they lose weight and when they eat too much, they gain weight. I even know a couple of very muscular INFj guys who just happened to work out when they were young enough for it to have a huge impact on body shape. They still didn't look like Se/Ne dominants.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I think it has to do with genetics and activity level.

I have a quick metabolism and I'm typically on the thin side (5'9 and 140 lbs currently). I normally eat a lot. Even days when I feel like I haven't eaten anything all day - it's usually more than a lot of people do.
    While I do believe that a large part of this has to deal with genetics, we could possibly construe that the activity level may be affected by personality type.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There a few potential relations between personality and metabolism:
    - Certain personality traits will probably develop alongside certain metabolic traits. I wouldn't be surprised if personalities required a specific body type in order to support it. It would be very blind speculation to figure out how these factors correlate without examining evidence.
    - Although, the relations that can be figured out more easily from our end is how personality effects an individual's actions that effect one's health. Obviously, certain types will treat their body differently and have varying types of activity levels. Despite the how much of our metabolism is based upon genetics, our actions can control our metabolism to an extent. A key component in one's basal metabolism is muscle mass and it is likely that certain types will develop more muscle because they are more active or work more to build up muscle mass.

Ultimately, we can speculate as much as we want about this stuff, but the first factor regarding metabolism relations is still very important. I find Kristiina's observations and analysis interesting. I will get back to this thread later to list my own observations.

@Gilly

Speculation in this thread isn't pointless when integrating it with extra observations.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as for me, i'd probably be something like 2-6-4 on the sheldon scale (endo meso ecto)

I don't think 7w8s are ectomorphs. More often than not they are meso-ecto.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div.
    @Gilly

Speculation in this thread isn't pointless when integrating it with extra observations.
    Why? There will never be anything like decent correlations, so it's completely useless.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirk Satellite Div.
    @Gilly

Why? There will never be anything like decent correlations, so it's completely useless.
    Now thinking about it- you're right. Speculation of any sort would be useless. There may be correlations, no matter how small, which could be investigated into, but speculation would do nothing except to fill in the gaps of reasoning for any trends after they are discovered, if they exist. However, even if there aren't any decent correlations, I think this is a mater that could be looked into and likely yield results. But this requires external data, not analysis of the socio-model.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.