Thread: Which type would seem more harsh to Ti/Fe types INTp or ISFj?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type would seem more harsh to Ti/Fe types INTp or ISFj?

Which of these types would see more harsh or "not nice" to Merry types?

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type-wise they're probably about the same, so it comes down to the individuals.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj by a long shot, but it depends on the moment, and the psychological health of the ISFj, and if the ISFj is male or female.

ISFj+male+conflict+high neuroticism = destruction of merry types

the meeker Fi ISFjs that aren't neurotic and are females are usually more shunned by merries than feared.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely ESI. ILIs tend to just sorta go on their non-merry way; ESIs stick their noses into anything that smells like it needs to be judged.

Well, actually, I'd say ILIs seem more "cold," but ESIs are decidedly more hostile-seeming.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im an isfj and i think i come off as harsh a lot. though i dont mean to be anyone found a way to try to be less harsh?
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I was always pretty much the meanest, coldest, most evil person in the world according to any of my alpha SF inlaws.
    Sounds familiar. According to my ISFp sister I'm an aggressive, cold and heartless asshole and her best friend (also an ISFp) seems to be afraid of me and feels uncomfortable in my presence. (Yes, I think I'm an ISFj).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj takes the cake. My gf (ISFj) has one sharp wit/tounge; she'll often say things that many people would find evil. She likes to bullshit, and usually comes off as a bitch in the process.

According to her, I "lack tact" and will say things that are unintentionally offensive or mean.

Evil>Bitch>Offensive>Mean, therefore ISFj "more harsh/not nice" than INTp.

Q.E.D.
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj's take it when it comes to being "not nice". They might not be as cold and socially awkward as INTp's, but they can easily become very harsh with their opinions of people and their ideas. They can make judgments very quickly from what they notice of people, and if you are familiar enough with them, they won't be afraid to state them. To merry types, ISFj's might seem hostile towards acts trying to get too close to them too quickly.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to think that ISFjs are colder than INTps because they have strong, unvalued Fe (and Si). If someone suggests that they're failing at Fe (or Si), they'll be like "Why should it matter? I don't need to behave that way." They may respond aggressively with their understanding of Fe, since it is strong and unvalued (and their 7th function at that).

If someone suggests that an INTp is failing at Fe (or Si), they'll tend to be more concerned about it, since Fe (and Si) are weak and conscious.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I tend to think that ISFjs are colder than INTps because they have strong, unvalued Fe (and Si). If someone suggests that they're failing at Fe (or Si), they'll be like "Why should it matter? I don't need to behave that way."
    This might not always be the case. During highschool one of my classmates was a ISFJ girl who tried too much to look like an ISFp, (like smiling a lot, being positive) but it looked strained. I never asked her about that, but my version is that she was raised in a (probably Alpha) family where she was forced to act like that and thought that everyone expects it. Sometimes ISFjs are forced to adapt. However it might be different for males.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well-adjusted ISFjs don't have a problem smiling and being social when in the right company, really. Take a look at Resee Witherspoon, she is anything but cold.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Well-adjusted ISFjs don't have a problem smiling and being social when in the right company, really.
    Definitely.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Well-adjusted ISFjs don't have a problem smiling and being social when in the right company, really.
    Definitely.
    Of course not. That's not what I'm talking about though.
    SEE

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I could say any type is "colder" than another, or even if coldness is type specific. However, the thing that I find "coldest" are fixed judgments that cannot be overturned or appealed to, narrow thinking patterns, and criticalness. It can get quite fanatical when taken to extremes and that is scary. If someone is just cold emotionally, it may be lukewarm beneath that, and yet even warmer deeper down--in any case it is interesting. But not caring how others feel when making a decision is something I also find harsh and cold. I think this just depends on the individual. Most people try not to be overly harsh/judgmental or overly emotionally cold/logical. I think anyway.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Most people try not to be overly harsh/judgmental or overly emotionally cold/logical. I think anyway.
    Agreed.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Whenever an ISFj talks, it honestly makes me angry!!! When they talk they just somehow rally me up. It's like an intense, burning feeling. It's that they tend to be so unwavering in their moral convictions. For example, they don't know how to seem to base things off of circumstance. One thing seems 'wrong' to them and it tends to stay that way FOREVER. They create so many rules and sins so easily.

Look at this ISFj bitch confront the ENTp guy for his anti-Fi rants on pedophilia and junk. I thought the ENTp had really the best point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJxf...watch_response

I swear, this has NOTHING to do with the topic, that is NOT THE POINT. It's whenever this woman talks, I can't help but get very angry just at the way she says things. I dunno. Grr.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    Whenever an ISFj talks, it honestly makes me angry!!! When they talk they just somehow rally me up. It's like an intense, burning feeling. It's that they tend to be so unwavering in their moral convictions.
    But really, you'll rarely argue with an ISFj on moral convinctions. I never see how people can refer to those points as dealbreakers in relations. In everyday life, I rarely if ever argue morals.

Look at this ISFj bitch confront the ENTp guy for his anti-Fi rants on pedophilia and junk. I thought the ENTp had really the best point.
    You are probably pretty alone with that opinion

I think the "ENTp-guy" was just a hypocrite, his views were just as emotionally loaded, although complaining people not being logical about the issue. Thinking that your emotionally loaded views as logical is even worse mistake, than being emotional and knowing it. He was just as pushy with his moral ideals as the "ISFj-girl", the ideals were just different.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFjs don't walk around talking about morals all the time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord

I think the "ENTp-guy" was just a hypocrite, his views were just as emotionally loaded, although complaining people not being logical about the issue. Thinking that your emotionally loaded views as logical is even worse mistake, than being emotional and knowing it. He was just as pushy with his moral ideals as the "ISFj-girl", the ideals were just different.
    i believe i agree with you, warlord. the ENTp guy did come off as having emotionally loaded views and believing them to be "logical." (god, won't anyone ever get over the supposed value of "being logical"? i do find that the people who claim their views are "logical" are usually more emotionally loaded than not.) the ISFj girl didn't strike me as pushy at all, just firm. at least her video didn't give me a seizure.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord

i believe i agree with you, warlord. the ENTp guy did come off as having emotionally loaded views and believing them to be "logical." (god, won't anyone ever get over the supposed value of "being logical"? i do find that the people who claim their views are "logical" are usually more emotionally loaded than not.) the ISFj girl didn't strike me as pushy at all, just firm. at least her video didn't give me a seizure.
    At last, something sig-worthy has been posted in the forum ...

The truth of this is profound.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely agree.
    SEE