Thread: Sonic the Hedgehog

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sonic the Hedgehog

Most people know him, gamers or not. I typed him as LSE.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't he a sort of roadrunner high energy type? EP temperament?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, reading Wiki, I think Knuckles is SLI and Sonic is SLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    Sonic embodies the wind, as implied in multiple games, and is described as such. He is noted for being free-spirited and adventurous, and cherishes his freedom to live as he wants above all else. He is extremely impatient and will often jump into situations without thinking, and his confidence is unshakable, even in the most dire circumstances, although he's outgoing and caring. He displays an interest in punk rock music, and some official character art and a television commercial for Sonic Adventure suggests that he has a personal hobby as a DJ.[36][37] Sonic also enjoys break-dancing, as shown in several games. Though he dislikes slow moving things and tears, the only thing Sonic truly hates is oppression. It is known that Sonic dislikes and fears water because he cannot swim. One example of another Sonic continuity establishing this is Sonic X; during its first episode Sonic sinks in a pool and nearly drowns. Despite this he has managed to overcome many water-based levels (such as the "Labyrinth Zone", "Aquatic Ruin Zone" and "Hydrocity Zone" in Sonic 1, 2 and 3, respectively) throughout his adventures, going as far as braving temporary submersion.
    Knuckles' personality and character traits vary between various continuities. However, he is consistently used to represent the 'tough guy' or 'loner', and his abilities remain roughly the same. Also, in almost all versions of the Sonic universe Knuckles has a tense relationship with Sonic. The game manual included with Sonic Adventure explains the nature of their rivalry; "If Sonic exemplifies the wind, Knuckles is the mountain, stern and unmoveable." Faced with the solitary task of forever guarding the Master Emerald on Angel Island, Knuckles appears to be jealous of the hedgehog's independent nature and freedom.[4] Knuckles being tricked by Eggman into believing Sonic is the bad guy has become a recurring theme in the Sonic universe, even to the point of being a running gag. At one point Sonic calls him "Knucklehead", a pun on his name. Lately, ever since the introduction of Shadow the Hedgehog as one of Sonic's darker, more anti-heroic rivals, Knuckles' relationship with Sonic has been on somewhat friendlier terms than before.

In the games, Knuckles is independent, headstrong, devoted to his duty and gullible. He is very serious and usually likes to be by himself, but can be relied upon to help out whenever the planet is in danger. Knuckles is extremely stubborn and is often described as a loner. Because of his flaws, he and Sonic don't always get along, but are still allies. Various literature from the early games (game manuals and Sonic Jam bios) list his favorite food as being fruit, or to be more specific, grapes. He also is described as hating strong sunlight (evidenced in Sonic Adventure when he first arrives at Station Square and shields his eyes from the sun).
    A recurring theme within the Sonic universe is that Sonic and Knuckles will have some sort of disagreement resulting in combat. Sadly, this often stems from Knuckles being fooled by Dr. Eggman into thinking that Sonic has goals that don't coincide with his own. However, these battles are always left unresolved, tied, or interrupted by outside circumstances (Tails usually stops them). After these battles, they generally team up to defeat a common enemy.
    They are generally seen as being equally powerful - or more accurately, Sonic's speed is matched by Knuckles' strength which explains why there never has been a final victorious ending in their fights. They first met as enemies in Sonic the Hedgehog 3, and although they are now allies, they can usually be found fighting. Although he is envious of Sonic's adventurous lifestyle, Knuckles still dislikes Sonic's carefree nature and egotism.[43] On the other hand, Sonic sees Knuckles as being far too serious and perhaps even a bit thickheaded, on occasion referring to him as "Knucklehead". In Sonic Advance 3, when the two are chosen as a team, they are described as "Fighting Buddies"[42] (comically, they look as if they don't want to be near each other). A recurring theme throughout the Sonic universe is that Sonic trespasses on Knuckles' territory or duties and Knuckles worries that Sonic has criminal intentions. Often the real villain is, of course, Robotnik.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tails is an Fe creative type; overall I think SEI makes the most sense.

Tails is a very friendly and humble fox. He looks up to Sonic as a hero whom he wants to emulate. Though he lacks confidence, he is always quite capable around Sonic and often helps him out. He is very intelligent and at times he has even outsmarted Eggman. For a long time Tails seemed to be perfectly satisfied with just being a "sidekick", but in Sonic Adventure he expresses a longing to become more independent.

Tails has a tendency to speak often — to the point where Sonic may start ignoring him, much to the young prodigy's annoyance. He can also annoy others with his overuse of technical jargon, or technobabble, which often frustrates those around him, particularly Knuckles.

Tails has a few weaknesses; he lacks self-confidence, is afraid of lightning and ghosts, and his tendency to ramble causes him to accidentally tell secrets or plans (for example, in Sonic Adventure 2, He tells Eggman that the Chaos Emerald Sonic had was a fake, thus ruining the heroes' plans).
    Tails has many friends besides Sonic, and his skills are respected by everyone who knows him. In Sonic Heroes, he is part of Team Sonic, along with Sonic and Knuckles. Tails mostly treats all of his friends the same with a caring yet somewhat passive attitude.

Tails and Knuckles are allies. They sometimes converse more than Knuckles does with Sonic, although they do tend to irritate each other occasionally.
    Tails and Knuckles are allies, and they often team up with Sonic on his adventures. They appear to be on friendly terms, but it is not shown often - examples of this include them high-fiving each other after Solaris' defeat and Knuckles scaring Tails by talking about ghosts. Tails often has to break up fights between Sonic and Knuckles.
    Tails is of the few who could almost keep up with Sonic by using his trademark technique of flying by rapidly spinning his tails like a helicopter rotor. Tails is also a mechanic whiz and rivals Dr. Robotnik (Eggman) with his inventions, which helps Sonic out quite often. Tails idolizes Sonic and sees him as a mentor, while Sonic views Tails as a little brother.[41] This is particularly prevalent in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog TV series, in which Sonic takes in Tails, an orphan unaware of who his parents are. Sonic and Tails are rarely without each other - they often go Chaos Emerald searching, as seen in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Riders, or stop Robotnik's plans together. In Sonic Advance 3, when the two are chosen as a team, they are described as the "Unbreakable Bond."[42]

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could Sonic be SLE and give so much information on ? It's very clear that he seems a type, and more relevant to Dynamics, Process and Negativism (so I could eliminate LIE). He's also clearly an E8, which is more often a logical-sensing type. He's not LSI, so he's more probably LSE.

SLE is more Knuckles-like...

Myersians may say that ESTJ's that they are natural leaders (right) are aggressive and pushy rednecks (wrong). Some LSE may have aggressive behaviour, just like all types can (for example, Romano and Sam in ER, which are both LSE). Like other judging extrotims, LSE are active (EJ is correlated to Hippocrates' "Choleric" Pavlov's "strong-balanced-mobile").

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see what makes him Te dominant. I think the types, other than that of Tails, are fairly unambiguous, given those descriptions.

Under cerulean skies...

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He sort of reminds me of Bart Simpson. It's not just the spiky hair, either.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Gilly is right. Dr. Eggman/Robotnik would probably be ENTj. Sonic is clearly irrational in comparison.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, LIE works for Robotnick.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tails sounds like an intj or intp. That description reminds me a lot of my best friend who is really passive and cool about everything, but has a lot of technical science knowledge to troubleshoot problems. He also is the least daring person I know. I remember once he told me he hates crossing busy streets, he also won't ride his bike very fast, and is fairly lazy in most matters.
    asd

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. Between being really hyper and talkative, the "caring attitude," and always mediating conflicts, I think SEI makes the most sense. I can't see INTx being that bubbly or naturally friendly-seeming.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see Tails as INTp, but not INTj.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_the_Hedgehog

Shadow appears to be calm and quiet most of time; having a great range of vocabulary and is incredibly intelligent, most likely from living on a super-advanced space station with geniuses for a period of his life. However he sometimes displays a highly aggressive and violent demeanor in situations which can cause him anger. In those cases his witty or rude punchlines tend to cover up his intel.

Shadow is one of the most developed characters in the series, willing to do whatever it takes for him to achieve what he believes is right and will destroy anything that gets in his way. Even if this involves the death of an entire planet, and himself. He has also been shown to be extremely loyal, at least to his creator and Maria, following their instructions without questioning morals.

He has a tendency to treat people in a callous manner and seems to care little for most of the other characters.

Shadow's approach to Dr. Eggman is quite different to that of other characters. His relation to the Doctor is neither that of a staunch enemy nor an ally, choosing instead to form alliances with or against him depending on the circumstances. Although Shadow appears to show little regard for whether Dr. Eggman's schemes succeed or not, clashes do occur when they get in each other's way. Despite this, they display a certain amount of respect for each other's abilities, one notable aspect being that Shadow always refers to Eggman by his title "Doctor."

Shadow's biggest rival is none other than Sonic the Hedgehog, the main protagonist of the games. When the two first meet in Sonic Adventure 2, they immediately become enemies, but over time their relationship develops into a friendly rivalry. They frequently fight for different reasons, and Shadow finds Sonic to be very irritating, but they are still often forced to work together. Despite this, they do share some respect for one another, such as when Shadow saves Sonic from Silver during Sonic the Hedgehog.
    Shadow - ISTj?

Wikipedia even has a section on relationships, lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    I dunno. Between being really hyper and talkative, the "caring attitude," and always mediating conflicts, I think SEI makes the most sense. I can't see INTx being that bubbly or naturally friendly-seeming.
    ah, i've never watched the show or anything. I was just going off the description: long technical speeches, inventive, and caring to friends- but passive in interaction.
    asd

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I was going by the descriptions and the games. But I do think he's too bubbly for any logical type, with the possible exception of an Ne-ILE.

Actually...that would make more sense than SEI, I think. Well, at least the technical jargon and accidental blabbing bits.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Could Sonic be SLE and give so much information on ? It's very clear that he seems a type, and more relevant to Dynamics, Process and Negativism (so I could eliminate LIE). He's also clearly an E8, which is more often a logical-sensing type. He's not LSI, so he's more probably LSE.

SLE is more Knuckles-like...

Myersians may say that ESTJ's that they are natural leaders (right) are aggressive and pushy rednecks (wrong). Some LSE may have aggressive behaviour, just like all types can (for example, Romano and Sam in ER, which are both LSE). Like other judging extrotims, LSE are active (EJ is correlated to Hippocrates' "Choleric" Pavlov's "strong-balanced-mobile").
    Sonic is a 7w8, clearly

Sonic is either a Ni-LIE or Ne-ILE
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What makes him intuitive?

Tails is WAAAYY more likely Ne-ILE, IMO.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sonic I think is ESTp and Tails is INFp?

They make a cute gay top/gay bottom relationship don't they? Like the little twink going for the str8-acting baseball player. So adorable.

I think Knuckles is too much of an ESTp stereotype to be a true ESTp, though him and Sonic kind of have the same energy to an extent so they clash. Sonic needs somebody more calm and slower and introverted than him, obviously. But they have hot prison rape sex too, I can assure you.

I say Knuckles is the same type as that Rocky fella. Both of them irritate the fuck out of me.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely hesitate to call Tails NiFe, although that would be the obvious choice given his relationship to Sonic. However, I think he values Si, and has common functional preferences with both Sonic and Knuckles, clearly SLE and SLI respecitvely, IMO; that would make the most sense of his being the mediator in Sonic and Knuckles' opposing quadra conflicts. Also, the blabbing and constant use of technical jargon sounds just like some of the Ne-ILEs I know, particularly one that I work with.

What's your beef with Rocky?

Under cerulean skies...

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knuckles is ISFj. That is why he is always getting tricked by the Dr. Robotnick, who is an ENTj.
    Tails is an ENTp, subtype.
    Sonic is an ESFp, subtype.
    ISTj- fits for Shadow.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main designer was INTp so Sonic is ESFp

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gravedug!

I was thinking xSI for Knuckles and xEE for Sonic. Agreed that it makes less sense in light of Knuckles' jealousy of Sonic, but he did appear to be the stalwart, hot-blooded, "strike first and think later" sort. Judging from the above descrip, I could see LSI for Shadow.

Anyone have an idea for Amy's type? I had a bunch of stuff written up, but I've lost it.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sonic: SLE-Se
    Tails: ILE-Ti
    Knuckles: SLE-Se
    Dr. Robotnik: LSI-Te
    Shadow: SLE-Fi
    Rouge: SLE-Se
    Tikal: IEI-Ni
    Amy: EIE-Fe
    Big: SEI-Si
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for diggin' this out, Ryene! I was a big fan of these games since I played the first one on the Sega Genesis, Sonic Adventure 2 was awesome on the Gamecube. Thats why I've already analysed the relations and I think it's quite convincing. However, it's a shame that the most Sonic games of today are ridiculously idiotic.

Sonic: SLE
    I think this is pretty obvious, he is a definitely a sensory type, very much aware of his surrounding world. He is extremely self-confident (which leads him to dangerous situations sometimes) and also 'loud'. That makes him an interesting character, because the typical hero is quite humble. Fe-valuing fits, too. Nothings really stands against Ni-valuing. He's SLE imho.

Knuckles: SLI or LSI
    At first, I've seen him as the typical SLI hero: silent, strong, a lone wolf. But there are some aspects which make me think of LSI. The task he has throughout the game is to protect the chaos emeralds. He takes that very seriously and does everything to reach his goal, even if he gets into dangerous situations. He is very loyal to his allies and immediately stands up against his enemies, there is just black and white (aristocratic, a hint to SLI/LSI, either way). On the other handside, he is very eager to keep up the status quo (the emeralds in their shrine) which is very Delta. He only protects them, he doesn't do anything beyond this. He stays passive until someone tries to steal them but if that doesn't happen he lives a calm live. If I had to choose, it would be SLI.

Amy: ESE
    I think she is quite easily to type. She has very much this 'caregiving' attitude (the Chao-creatures, Tails, someone else who has problems [Shadow]). She is definitely sensing in my opinion, in that partygirl way. That would lead to ESFx. I rule out ESFp because I can't imagine she as Se-leading type. Amy is disgusted by every kind of violence and treats others in a very soft way. (Even if I could easily see the 'agressor' attitude towards Sonic, I have to admit.)

Dr. Robotnik: LII or LIE
    I'm not entirely sure about him. He appears to be quite extrovert, but this could be misconception. I think his grandfather (who has built a giant space station and other cool things) could be ILE, he very much admires him and in some way, he is his 'role model'. I don't see many business related things he does, he mostly tries to achieve his goals, which are - admittedly - to gain more power and influence (). He definitely makes use of technology for reasons of efficiency. He is the only person behind many technical complexes and secret bases. I guess I lean towards LIE. (No way he's sensing!)

Shadow: LSI
    In MBTI, I would have said he's INTJ, (when I knew not much about typology in general) but the socionics LSI fits him very well. I have almost no doubt he is one. He is clearly Ti-leading and also has a lot of Se which is probably one of the main reasons for his rivalry against Sonic. I think it's very likely that they are mirrors. Shadow is extremely loyal and committed, similar to Knuckles, but he is still different which is why I type Knuckles SLI. Amy, being his Semi-dual, is one of the few persons he actually talks to. He also has quite negative sentiments towards Rouge.

Tails: maybe ILE
    He is not so easy to type in my opinion. He is very shy and sensitive on the one handside, but very inventive and technical-minded on the other. Sonic is his idol, because he is strong and self-confident. Intuitive > sensory. Quite a lot of which makes him a little more confident. I'd say he is an 'infantile' and ILE since it's common for young ILEs to be quite reserved and shy and I can't really imagine him as LII.

Rouge: SEE
    A confident female character, just as Amy, but she is much less girly. She embodies the 'agressor' style quite obviously. Se leading makes sense and she is also very much attraced to gain material wealth. The only problem I got with this typing is that Shadow doesn't seem to be her supervisor, it's actually almost the other way around. She makes him feel a little inferior (even though his ego is huge) and her actions are hard to predict for Shadow. SEE is still my best guess.

@ Aleksei: Why do you always throw in your guesses without even trying to explain them, people always need to ask.
    Last edited by Pa3s; 01-29-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yea MegaDoomer, Robotnick seems LII. I'm not sure about LIE.

Sonic the Hedgehog - SLE
    Miles "Tails" Prower - ILE
    Knuckles the Echidna - ESI (He's the lone guardian of the Master Emerald; HA Ni)
    Dr. Robotnik aka (Doctor) "Eggman" - LIE
    Shadow the Hedgehog - LSI
    Rouge the Bat - SEE (SLE seems likely, but her emotive side is toned down.)
    Big the Cat - SEI
    Amy Rose - IEE
    E-102 γ aka "Gamma" -
    Chaos - ILI
    Last edited by EyeSeeCold; 01-29-2011 at 05:29 PM.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're welcome. Sonic X was on TV this morning.

A few things.

1) This may be specific to Sonic X, but it is mentioned that those who care about Sonic do not try to tie him down. He's there when they need him, but he needs a lot of freedom and independence otherwise.

2) Again, maybe specific to the series, but Amy can be violent when pressed. Even Sonic is afraid of her at times (a wise move, with that oversized mallet she carries).

3) *giggles* Rouge is funny.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    ^ Yea MegaDoomer, Robotnick seems LII. I'm not sure about LIE.
    At times, yes. It's really hard to nail it down.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Chaos - ILI
    Why do you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    1) This may be specific to Sonic X, but it is mentioned that those who care about Sonic do not try to tie him down. He's there when they need him, but he needs a lot of freedom and independence otherwise.
    Sure, that goes well with latent anti-social tendencies of SLEs.

2) Again, maybe specific to the series, but Amy can be violent when pressed. Even Sonic is afraid of her at times (a wise move, with that oversized mallet she carries).
    The Hammer is quite new. A questionable addon if you ask me. I'm mostly focusing on the games, but I've only seen her in Sonic Adventure 2. The cut scenes were quite insightful regarding the most characters, though.

3) *giggles* Rouge is funny.
    She also screams 'sex' in your face.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Why do you think that?
    Knuckles can offer no insight into Chaos' motivations, stating that "He's just sitting there... He only shows himself in times of great crisis".
    In the comics, Chaos has a 'fear factor' that makes anyone near him have incredible fear against him to the point where they fall to their knees shaking, petrified.
    It just seems like Chaos is Base for being adaptable, mystical and primordial with a Suggestive for consuming the Chaos Emeralds. Also he has no motivations besides protecting the Chao; Chaos becomes destructive until the Chao are seen to be doing fine after the battle with Sonic. He then transcends along with Tikal. Seems like .

Speaking of Tikal...EII definitely.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds plausible. I just asked because I didn't know enough about him to guess his type. It's also a bit difficult because he never speaks. I'd list ILI under 'possibilities'.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, he's probably too uncharacteristic to even have a type.
    (i)NTFS

Socionics Tests Database

Fidei Defensor

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj > ESTp, imo. Straight-fowarder rational to the max.

ESTp is a slow and heavy personality that puts weight behind it's actions, not quick and dynamic with a continuous frenzy of successive movements. The only thing quick about ESTps is their ability to orient themselves.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    ESTj > ESTp, imo. Straight-fowarder rational to the max.
    Why is he rational? I don't really see why this is so obvious for you.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had to take one property of the type that I think doesn't fit 100% well it would actually be "rational", but the rest of the typing fits better than ESTp.

If you look at real-life actors you'll notice that ESTjs have very quick, dynamic, often changing bodily attitudes and movements:

Whereas ESTps are much more sluggish and inclined to throw their weight from one place to another in launched bursts:

The attitude of ESTps also looks more outwardly negative to me ("you're in my way; that person messed up my day"). ESTjs' brand of negativism seems focussed on the personal situation more ("I still have to do this, all the while preventing this, etc"). Sonic fits the latter much better than the former.

Sorry but this is the closest I will get to explaining my views on this topic.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what type is his brother, Socionic the Hedgehog?

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been a long time since I was familiar the characters, but what about SEE for Sonic? And IEE or EII or something for Tails? Actually, SEE Supervises EII -- Supervision is the relationship that makes the most sense for me, intuitively, for those two.

I agree with labcoat that SLEs tend to be more ponderous and tend to "throw their weight from one place to another in launched bursts", which is an excellent description.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Quaero Veritas.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with sonic is that he really has different types in different media. The Sonic from The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog is probably a different type than Sonic X is probably a different type from Sonic in the comic books is probably a different type than Sonic in Sonic Adenture...

But anyway, I don't really like the SLE typing for Sonic. Doesn't remind me of any SLEs I know. Well, no, that's a lie, he does remind me of one probable SLE I know, a generally hyperactive one, but that's probably not socionics-related similarities. I would take SEE over SLE. LSE seems (quite) odd to me, though.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE was my original choice for Sonic. I amended it to xEE, though, for his dislike of being tied down. Is that common for EP, Fi-EP?
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@labcoat: I understand what you mean but I haven't made this experience regarding SLE/LSE differences yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krig the Viking View Post
    It's been a long time since I was familiar the characters, but what about SEE for Sonic? And IEE or EII or something for Tails? Actually, SEE Supervises EII -- Supervision is the relationship that makes the most sense for me, intuitively, for those two.
    I agree that it's hard to type them because there are so many different sources we could get our impressions. I don't rule out SEE for Sonic and a ethical type for Tails is quite likely, too. But they're not in a relation of supervision in my opinion. Maybe it would make sense since Sonic is like an older brother for Tails. But as supervisee, Tails would feel very uncomfortable around Sonics. In fact, Tails admires him and seeks his company. Their relationship is too harmonious to be that.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

IEE?
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.