Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I know this is MBTI, but...

...what results do you get with the following test:

http://haleonline.com/psychtest/EorI.php

Please state your socionics type and your result.

Most importantly, did you have any problems with making any choices.
    If so, what choices did you have problems with. What do you think the reason was for this?

Creepy-

sdfd

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I got ESTJ
    What do you think the reason was for this?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaha
    INFJ
    You're future-oriented, and direct your insight and inspiration towards understanding yourself and thereby, human nature...your work mirrors your integrity....reflects your inner ideals...solitude and a chance to concentrate thoroughly on what counts most is important to you...you like to quietly exert your influence...you have deeply felt compassion and desire harmony with others...you'll go to great lengths to avoid conflict...

You understand the complexities existing within people...you don't call a lot of attention to yourself...you like to let your accomplishments do your talking....you look for a small group of people who understand and appreciate you and hang with them....you're gentle and don't like violence...

You'd rather have a few close friends instead of be at a big party ...you'll do well in college as your "day in the sun" where your brains count more than they did in that ol' shallow high school...you want your work to contribute to the general good...

You have a strong love of learning...you get along well with teachers and older people...you write well 'cause you can formulate your ideas clearly... you have integrity and consistency....you don't like the "politics" at work.. you'd rather be able to talk honestly with people than "play games." (you still play games on the Storm Palace, but would rather post! )...intuitive insights into situations...

You're quiet yet persistent and determined in your efforts toward long-term goals....when you work toward your vision, you win cooperation rather than demand it...even if you don't lead others, you still facilitate things... leisure time usually is solitary or involves the company of others particularly important to you...you're perfectly happy just sitting around with close buds discussing feelings...you'd rather have longstanding friends than make many new acquaintences...these deep friendships are important to you, even though you may not share much about yourself...

You become attracted to someone special and prefer this one deep one over many superficial ones...this depth, though, is only partially communicated outwards...you like a regular "date", revisiting the place where you first met your mates, or doing other symbolic things that help to continue or confirm the existence of the bond.

You may have an ideal standard of the way love is...you're often disappointed when reality doesn't quite match up....you want to give love and be loved... you enter into relationships just to be cared for...even when the other person isn't right for you and you know it....when you meet the right person, though, you are quick to get involved with them and make it a serious one... you'll end other relationships to be with this "right" one....

When you're scorned, you take it personally and retreat inward...you may obsess about the relationship and your role in the failure...you blame yourself for a failed relationship and might even need a period of mourning.

You should watch out for becoming blinded by the idealism of your visions or if you focus only on your ideas...this could make you ignore reality when it contradicts those lofty ideals...you could stay with a belief or commitment beyond what the facts would support (stubborn?)...you're loyal...

Also, you could lose out if you don't act assertively and are reluctant to intrude on others with your ideas...as a result, you could keep many important things to yourself...you'll then feel that your ideas are underestimated or unappreciated...maybe you should develop political saavy or assertiveness to sell your ideals...finally, you should be forthright with criticism of others...you're always doing the "If you can't say some- thing nice...." stuff. After you hold it inside, you'll blow up eventually.

INFJ: "Inner Nuances Fosters Journeys"
    I thought I was an INFJ when I started learning about MBTI. LOL, every question was hard to choose. That is because for everythought I have there are 4 more yelling in the background, like trying to talk on a cell phone on an elementary school bus on the way home frm the last day of school. LOL

Well Hugo, do you wish to throw things at me yet?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-

dfsfdsaf

Creepy-

fdsfd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came out INTJ. Though, I was very tempted to pick the S choice.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got ISTP (socionic SLI), but I was very close on the S/N and J/P scales.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ENFp (although the first choice was not that clear because I do need my alone time and prefer interacting in smaller groups with people I feel comfortable with).
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me too, very much so

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    And that's why I hate the MBTI definitions of extrovert and introvert. Those MBTI definitions were the ones that made me mistype myself a while ago.
    I know, I have for the most part come to the conclusion that the way MBTI considers extroversion and introversion is stereotypical bullshit. It has nothing to do with how often you associate with people or how often you associate at all, it is by how much energy and time you spend worrying about being social and having friends or your ability to enteract with general things around you.

MBTI theory actually considers many extroverts with social problems introverts and many outgoing introverts as extroverts, and people actually buy that BS and get their types totally confused. That makes MBTI totally unreliable in my opinion.

Creepy-

The test came out to INTJ, INTj in socionics. The P/J was close, but more of the J function.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're an INTP
    INTP

You're on a quest for logical purity...you're motivated to examine universal truths and principles...always asking "Why?" and "Why not?"...can focus with great intensity on your interests...you appreciate elegance and efficiency in thought processes and demand it in your communication...

You might appear low key in appearance and approach, you're hard as nails when challenging a truth...you don't like to deal with the obvious...at your best when developing unusual or complex ideas...you can be an under- achieving but very capable student...if you don't like a rule, you're quick to challenge it and find flaws in it -- this could make you somewhat of a rebel...if you like the rule, though, you have a respect for it and go along with it...

A relentless learner in areas that hold your interest...you might seem "lost in thought" to others...you tend to connect unrelated thoughts...you would rather be the architect of a plan than the implementer of it...you need a private, quiet workplace that allows for flexible independence... would rather organize ideas than people....

You tend to stay away from traditional leadership roles, and would rather lead with your ideas...you don't get emotionally involved, but rather tend to follow logical reasoning.....leisure has two dimensions to you: first, you like to concentrate and reflect on conceptual matters -- second, you like to take risks in the external world (like skydiving?)...

You like to read, think, watch TV, play with computers..(and post on the Storm Palace message bases).. sometimes you'd rather do these types of things than hang around other people...you don't necessarily like "best sellers" or "must see" movies because you don't trust people's opinion on what's "popular" and would rather make a value judgment for yourself....

Love, for you, has three distinct phases: falling in, staying in, and getting out. falling in love is a loss of rationality for you, and you fall HARD...an all or nothing phenomenon....

The "staying in love" phase is where you start to evaluate the relation- ship's structure and form. You may withdraw at this point because you're moving toward your most customary inward style and nature. A lot of the open affection stops....the giddy state changes... The "falling out of love" part (which doesn't always happen) results from an analysis of the real expectations of the realationship and needs of the relationship. Often an undefined line is crossed that neither of you knew about in advance. However, if you end it, you'll keep the relationship going as a friend in some capacity if you have a reason....

Pitfalls: don't focus too much on the inconsistencies of others...try being friendly and showing appreciation of others...being competent is very important to you, and you could be too hard on yourself....don't let your emotions take control -- you could have outbursts or appear hypersensitive...

INTP: "It's Not Theoretically Possible"

Everything's clear cut for me.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another INTP here. ..

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    ....it is by how much energy and time you spend worrying about being social and having friends or your ability to enteract with general things around you.
    Wasn't the main criteria in Jung's works activity? What is defined as being "social" was farily irrelevant to him if I am not completely wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdallr
    Another INTP here. ..

....it is by how much energy and time you spend worrying about being social and having friends or your ability to enteract with general things around you.
    Wasn't the main criteria in Jung's works activity? What is defined as being "social" was farily irrelevant to him if I am not completely wrong.
    Correct, another good reason why I hate MBTI in fact ... if I remember correctly, it was actually another guy who worked closely with Jung who began stereotyping extroverts as people persons and introverts as socially inapt; totally tooled over his work and research in my opinion and of course people following the particular theories are going to be noting that and using it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Eysenck

Some very limited information, but it includes a very interesting sentence:

He has always insisted that his use of the term "extraversion" does not correspond to the usage adopted by Carl Jung, and has also challenged the popular belief that Jung coined the term.
    Really, it is mindboggling how MBTI has managed to mess this up that bad. Especially as they use Jung as a source, but I guess they got carried away with their short cuts. MBTI seems to choose convenience in terms of their testing over quality. Just look at the number of "INTPs" at intpcentral who has since concluded that they fit the socionic ENTp description better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed.

He has always insisted that his use of the term "extraversion" does not correspond to the usage adopted by Carl Jung, and has also challenged the popular belief that Jung coined the term.
    Really, it is mindboggling how MBTI has managed to mess this up that bad. Especially as they use Jung as a source, but I guess they got carried away with their short cuts. MBTI seems to choose convenience in terms of their testing over quality. Just look at the number of "INTPs" at intpcentral who has since concluded that they fit the socionic ENTp description better.
    No joke, I have had so many INTps over at socion.info who take the socionics typology test there only to be shocked to find out that they are really extroverts ... I have even had to unbrainwash a few away from the MBTI stereotypes, it is that bad. StevNTP is a good example of one of those people who had been brainwashed by MBTI; it took me a long time, but he finally came around.

Creepy-

fdsfhaa

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTP, not like I would have gotten anything different, anyway.

MBTI (and even Socionics) thinks extroverts are pathologically social beings that must be around people at all times or they will wither away and die.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    INTP, not like I would have gotten anything different, anyway.

MBTI (and even Socionics) thinks extroverts are pathologically social beings that must be around people at all times or they will wither away and die.
    I am not sure why people buy that stereotypical bullshit ... all I know is that it makes a whole hell of a lot of ENTps think they are INTp because of the PoLR ... I know I am socially screwed having it ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got INFP and I'm INFp... I've scored that on pretty much every test I've ever taken except ENFP on my very first MBTI.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

INTJ on the Hale test but close call between S and N.

Laura
    INTj, mixed subtype

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    And that's why I hate the MBTI definitions of extrovert and introvert. Those MBTI definitions were the ones that made me mistype myself a while ago.
    The test you completed is a bullshit, because it's NOT OFFICIAL. The best i found on Internet:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp
    (but it's not perfect!!)

However you are right about this mess around MBTI introversion and extraversion. Keirsey is not fully MBTI but he clears the difference.

http://users.viawest.net/~keirsey/difference.html

http://keirsey.com/pumII/ei.html

Have a nice read!
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. (Napoleon Bonaparte)

ENTJ (slightly E, moderate N,T,J), 8w9 (light wing) sp/sx

six turnin', four burnin' stevENTj's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, INTJ!

I know, I have for the most part come to the conclusion that the way MBTI considers extroversion and introversion is stereotypical bullshit. It has nothing to do with how often you associate with people or how often you associate at all, it is by how much energy and time you spend worrying about being social and having friends or your ability to enteract with general things around you.

MBTI theory actually considers many extroverts with social problems introverts and many outgoing introverts as extroverts, and people actually buy that BS and get their types totally confused. That makes MBTI totally unreliable in my opinion.
    Indeed.

No joke, I have had so many INTps over at socion.info who take the socionics typology test there only to be shocked to find out that they are really extroverts ... I have even had to unbrainwash a few away from the MBTI stereotypes, it is that bad. StevNTP is a good example of one of those people who had been brainwashed by MBTI; it took me a long time, but he finally came around.
    I agree completely on everything, even the last comment about me being brainwashed. What a load of crap. Even J/P is messed up. Just the other day on another MBTI site there was a discussion about and confusion over MBTI-typed ISFJs behaving as PERCEIVERS, yet MBTI said they were J's. Good grief. No wonder I had so much difficulty figuring out my type in MBTI. It's so watered down and simplified that too many corners are cut in the theory that it comes inaccurate and inconsistent just like you guys say. It couldn't even get my wife right. She tested as an ESTJ. She thought she was an extrovert just because she was socially outgoing. But with the expanded view of I/E that I now have I can very clearly see that she's actually an introvert. For whatever reason she had herself convinced that she was a T too, although I'm not sure that was due to any fault of MBTI based testing. No luck getting her to take your test but I may try rocky's or hugo's on her one of these days.

Reuben, you mentioned once that you now look back to when you thought you were an Introvert and laugh. I'm starting to feel the same way. My views and thinking have always been very external, "out there" looking at and interpreting the real external world. Even from a young age I was doing that, trying to see the "big picture" which is more extroversion. Very little time is spent concentrating on my own internal self or thoughts. This summer when I was doing that to try to figure out what the hell I was was a stark change. But now I'm back to my normal self with an external/extroverted "normal for me" attention to things again and I feel much more natural.

Speaking of which, I think my dad may be another MBTI typed INTJ that is really ENTJ. He's very strategic TeNi minded, external focus, cause and effect type of person. With the socionics view of things, he just doesn't seem like an INTJ anymore. There's also another MBTI typed INTJ that I've been talking to on another forum that I'm starting to feel very strongly that they're an ENTJ also. I linked them Rocky and Hugo's test over here too and posed them some quick little questions as well to probe for PoLR, Role, and HA in an ENTj vs INTj perspective. Guess what? Their answers came out more ENTj! Reuben, she may try to take your whopper too if she has time this weekend. I'll be interested to see.

I guess MBTI *is* very easy to use and great to get people started and interested in the concept of personality types and temperaments though. If it wasn't for MBTI getting me started, I probably wouldn't have had an interest in Socionics. But now I'm starting to see very clearly how inaccurate, inconsisent, and unreliable MBTI can be. It went 0 for 2 with my wife and I, probably my dad, and probably this other INTJ that I've been interacting with. If they all turn out ENTJ on socionics then it'll have a 0 for 4 record. Wow, how wonderful. Friggin awesome.

</rant>
    Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to update my sig to properly commemorate this wonderful and totally confusing experience with MBTI.

Te-INTp/ILI, my wife: Fi-ISFj/ESI, with laser beam death rays for ESTp/SLEs, lol
    16 years of bliss in an Activity relationship

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTx

i was dead split on J/P

TIM
    Te-INTp (ILI)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steventj
    Speaking of which, I think my dad may be another MBTI typed INTJ that is really ENTJ. He's very strategic TeNi minded, external focus, cause and effect type of person. With the socionics view of things, he just doesn't seem like an INTJ anymore. There's also another MBTI typed INTJ that I've been talking to on another forum that I'm starting to feel very strongly that they're an ENTJ also. I linked them Rocky and Hugo's test over here too and posed them some quick little questions as well to probe for PoLR, Role, and HA in an ENTj vs INTj perspective. Guess what? Their answers came out more ENTj! Reuben, she may try to take your whopper too if she has time this weekend. I'll be interested to see.
    Incredible... (follow up)

This MBTI-typed INTJ came out C-1 on Rocky's test (ENTj!), and choose ESTp on Hugo's. Not sure why she choose that, but the selection of ESTp demonstrates that they have strong and that they therefore could not possibly be an INTj because Se is PoLR for INTj's!

I've tried to analyze my father's thinking pattern and he is very clearly ENTj also, NOT INTJ. I gave him an MBTI test once and he came out very heavily in favor of J, which means he favors his judging function, and I also know he has some decent as well, but he's like me and only uses it when he feels he needs to, or if provoked. :wink:

So that would be THREE MBTI-tested INTJs that are actually ENTj in the true Jungian/Socionics sense. Amazing. Then there's my wife... geez.

Anyways, I think I'm having an epiphany on all of this stuff. Very fascinating.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typed intp, which might make sense since the functions of intp and entp are pretty similar.
    Entp
    ILE

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In MBTI it really does not matter much, the natural behaviours of a socionic's ENTp may actually be considered introverted if MBTI definitions are used.