Thread: INFp vs INFj

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INFp vs. INFj

Ask questions about INFj and INFps. Answer the questions that you've observed answers to.

When they're being playful/silly, how is each of them silly?

What are the differences in their approaches to romantic relationships?

What type of confrontation is each the most uncomfortable with?

How does each type respond to uncomfortable confrontation?

Which is more likely to have a lot of conspiracy theories?

Which is more likely to blame other people for their problems?

Which is more likely to blame the situation for their problems?

What types of humor does each of them prefer?

What is most likely to piss each of them off?

How is each of them most likely to respond when they're pissed off?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Kioshi. (:

Differences I've noticed (these are, of course, based on a small sampling):

INFps feel threatened when someone is confrontational in a way that jeoprodizes their Fe comfort. They often respond by withdrawing, only to find a willing ear among their stronger friends. They tell their story, painted in lovely yet subtle shades of Fe and with a definite "victim" role. Their friend will go to battle for them, attacking the people responsible for the INFp's problem. I must admit that the time I had a front row seat to this, it was a very satisfying experience. It felt really good to see the person who had been an asshole to the INFp get rheemed a new one (more like a few new ones ) by the ESTp (a friend of ours). He definitely had it coming. When I try to advise this INFp on how to handle people who fuck with her (and my suggestions aren't even all that confrontational... they just require acknowledging the situation for what it really is), she sort of breaks, telling me that I don't understand and that she can't do what I'm saying she needs to do. The more I point out that things are only going to get worse until she does something, the more she withdraws.

INFjs feel threatened when people in positions of authority are unfair and make unreasonable demands. They don't seem to understand that they shouldn't put up with that. They just take it and then internalize anger and frustration over the situation. To fix it, you need to explain to them what's really going on and offer suggestions on how they may be able to remedy the situation. In the end though, it's not until you remind them that their ulcer is going to come back or they're not going to get decent sleep unless they address the situation that they feel comfortable with their decision.

The INFjs I've known have actually been more playful/silly that the INFps I've known. The INFps seem to like to laugh at other people's jokes, but they aren't as outwardly silly as INFjs are when they're in a comfortable situation. INFps seem to prefer to laugh at other people's jokes than make their own. INFjs seem to like more... lighthearted?... humor than INFps. INFps have no problem laughing at other people's expenses, as long as it doesn't create an uncomfortable Fe situation. INFjs seems to only like jokes about other people if it's either not at that person's expense or about someone they have a particular dislike for. Overall though, INFjs seem to joke around with plays on words and goofy songs and... ugh I don't know how to explain it. It's just more random than the stuff that INFps typically say.

I think that INFjs are more interested in long term stability in a relationship than romance (good observation). INFps seem to be more interested in fun, and they're attracted to rather flippant people. INFjs are more concerned with close, secure bonds and are more attracted to people who can offer physical stability in terms of comfort and having their needs met.

The INFj I know best finds lying a very difficult to forgive offense. The INFp I know best seems to view the reality of a situation as bendable, as long as "Fe sincerity" is there (and no, that's not Fe bashing by any means... I just don't know how to explain it better). The INFj feels betrayed when someone is less than honest with her. The INFp takes offense to lack of warmth in dealing with her and has a hard time getting past this.

I may add more later.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi
    Humor:
    I mean, my step fathers idea of a romantic evening is taking her out to an all you can eat buffet and a cheap hotel.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFjs masturbate with their dominant hand, and that hand only. INFps are ambimasturbatory. They also use more living creatures in the process.

This is an INFj "getting off" shall we say:

Here, we have the INFp (in their natural garb)

As you can see, there are many interesting differensimilarities to discuss.
    ENTp

TIM
    SEE-Se
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oldham is as irrelevant as MBTT. To understand Socionics, it's best to just forget both. Focus on functions and quadra values (the different IM elements each quadra values) and forget about things like E vs. I and P vs. J.

If you want to understand functions/IM elements, this is a good place to start: http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=IM_elements
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so