Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Okay, I'll Bite...

It's been a while since I've put my type up for discussion. Transigent is convinced I am INFj. You have seven days to convince me that ESTj is my dual and not my conflictor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Oh well, you seem pretty confident in your INFj-ness, so good for you and eyey-ting, but you just seemed too "sure" or whatever to be an INFj (unlike Baby/Scrummy/Silly-long-moral-ranter who seems more INFj > INFp LOL.)
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's definitely a possibility. Your cool zen attitude has a lot of rationality( INFx, but with a sense of purpose, j). You are entirely calm, and untroubled( Ij temp). You are definitely an NF type. Really immersed by culture on a superficial level and on a deep introspective level. And once again, have a better understanding than most of culture, it's effects and what it means to a society. You don't seem to be much of a struggler(delta > beta).

But INFp is very possible as well. The only time i remember you being callous was in some art snobbery post. somewhat typical of Beta NF. I think a lot of your posts get to the meaning of social phenomenon and life events, but like I said, you approach it rationality(citing studies, info you've read in magazines, textbooks rather than deep personal interpretation). This could be INFp: You usually try to create a positive atmosphere with the other people on the board, but always maintain a sense of something 'deep'. Your superlatives is a great example.

Whatever. I love your posts. I find you to be the most insightful person on the entire messageboard. I hate to use the word 'deep,' to describe a person, but given that i think so few people actually are deep, it is not a weak compliment!
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are the people you get along with best and who do you relate to most?

(I think you could easily be INFj, btw, especially now that I'm reasonably sure that my sister is INFj and my sister in law is INFp.)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auvi: What's more important to you, comfort or power?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about quadra descriptions? I know that they're not an end all in finding one's type by any means, but I think they can give clues.

Do you feel you're more humanitarian than the typical person?
    SEE

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could definitely see you as INFj. <3
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting that you should question your type, esp since i was kinda questioning it too. since i get some vibe from you that's not great, (no offense) i was thinking some type of gamma. but i spose infj could fit.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all more than a little confusing, mostly because intertype relations irl point squarely at me being INFp. I would think it would be very hard to confuse an ESTp with an ESTj, but perhaps I've done so. I've been so sure my dual is ESTp. I think I would annoy the hell out of an ESTj for being too playful.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My INFj sister is quite playful when she's comfortable.
    SEE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Lately I've felt strangely disconnected from people on the forum. Most of the discussions I've had with people lately haven't been very personal, but more discussion impersonal concepts and such. I think I feel most at ease talking with: Elro, Ms. Kensington, thehotelambush, heath, Kim, Diana, vague, and some others I can't think of at the moment but will add later.

As per comfort vs. power: they both suck. Comfort is generally boring and can cripple you from taking risks. Power comes with too much responsibility.
    these are easily some of the most friendly, easygoing people on the bored. We don't tend to present too much negative information, and don't fight too often with others on a personal basis. Also, most of this group remains calm in most situations, or simply isn't involved in drama. hope that adds to your insight.
    asd

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you want from your dual?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always felt you were not an INFp, Baby. You don't give off any identical or even mirror vibes for me, definitely not a Beta sort of attitude... I agree that you could very likely be INFj! Yes, that makes the most sense, even with the people you get along with on the forum?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I need someone who will draw me out of my own mind and into the present moment. I find myself unable to do this on my own, more often then not. Often I feel like I'm stuck inside a Black Forest of ideas where I can often become preoccupied with the site of a particularly formidible, confounding, and depressing conceptual tree that threatens to block out any chance I have at seeing the sky above it. Often such a tree is impregnable to my efforts to scale it. I will ruminate over it for days, weeks, even months trying to escape it's winding, twisting theoretical branches. I need someone to snap me out of this state and bring me back amongst things I can touch and feel and influence.
    I think this can be said of most introverted or intuitive types, especially INxxs.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think Baby is the same type as Minde and Rockclimber. He seems very different from them to me. Maybe they are the INFps and he is the INFj but it is hard to tell.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Baby is IEI. He seems to use a rather lot of Fe for an EII to me, and he doesn't seem rational. He is certainly worldly, open-minded, and very articulate, which is generally what I see as giving him what people see as a "Delta" vibe, but I don't really see him as prescribing to any kind of rigid system of behavioral standards, and he doesn't seem rational in any way beyond behaving in a fair and generally ethical manner, which I would attribute to a mixture of and probably a good upbringing . I'd also site his interactions with Herzy as evidence against conflict with SLEs.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They get along? Cute!

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    I do not think Baby is the same type as Minde and Rockclimber. He seems very different from them to me. Maybe they are the INFps and he is the INFj but it is hard to tell.
    That seems very unlikely
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    They get along? Cute!
    You never heard about the "Beta moods?"

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    That seems very unlikely
    I agree.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cite not site. Duh.
    ENTp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, relax. I never said that. But I would think it unusual for Conflictors to get along as well as Herzy and Auvi seem to. It's not a DEFINITE, obviously, but it's definitely and obviously something to consider.

I don't see Auvi using anything like what you proffer as "".

BTW, am I still SLE to you? Or was EIE your last position? I forget.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gilly = ESxp
    ENTp

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O_O; You baffle me sometimes.

Well, FWIW, I am leaning dominant these days. So chalk that one up as a "hit."

I definitely have my own brand of dumbassery. Mostly insane attempts at rationalizing whatever seems cool to me at the moment, but financial problems definitely weigh in there as well

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Transigent, I think you've gone nuts.
    LOL

I am pulling what is known in the 16types world as a "CuriousSoul". Disappearing for a length of time, and then coming back pointing out outlandish types for everybody.

No, for real, I may only know like....15% of this stuff, at BEST, but some of the stuff on here....way off into the deep end. Although, Expat seems to have a pretty good grasp, we need more viewpoints. (Yes, "we", as in "Trans could be a wrong idiot", but I don't think so. Obviously.)

Hey, maybe it is a happier world if I leave everything be. Well, then what I type on this webforum will just be ignored. Somethink vill knaw and knaw at you if you're not right! It won't be ignored if its right! You can try to ignore, but you know. You know. You know when you don't have the right type, or even right anything, something inside you knaws and knaws. I'm just helping to bring it out quicker. That's all.

ENTp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To sum it all up:

Baby: could I be INFj?

All: Yeah, you don't seem INFp.
    No, not INFp! Yay, I always wondered!

Baby: yeah, I like Delta

All: Yeah INFj seems right! Not really INFp

UDP: Why you want Se?

Baby: Because I am Intuitive.

Transigent and Gilly spank each other while Diana stands aghast.

Baby: So, yeah, I like the conception of myself as INFp, and I am not gonna change it.

Hey, don't yell at me, I didn't make the thread!
    ENTp

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To sum it all up:

Baby: could I be INFj?

All: Yeah, you don't seem INFp.
    No, not INFp! Yay, I always wondered!

Baby: yeah, I like Delta

All: Yeah INFj seems right! Not really INFp

UDP: Why you want Se?

Baby: Because I am Intuitive.

Transigent and Gilly spank each other while Diana stands aghast.

Baby: So, yeah, I like the conception of myself as INFp, and I am not gonna change it.

Hey, don't yell at me, I didn't make the thread!
    Exactly. Now go fuck yourself.

Look: the reason I am dubious about INFj is not because I'm courting some "conception of myself as INFp." It's because I fucking AM an INFp. In order for me not to be, I'd have to completely overhaul my understanding of this theory. Either I have typed everyone I know know incorrectly and have little to no understanding of myself and Socionics, or I've been misrepresenting myself in my posts. I cannot take the vague impressions of some forumites with whom I've barely ever exchanged anything further than "lol" over the interaction I have with people I see in person every fucking day of my life.

And this high-handed, condescending bullshit about "You know I'm right and the truth will gnaw and gnaw away at you, etc."?? Kindly eat shit and die. What gnaws at me is not the possibility that I'm wrong. It's the idea that some asshat who I never even talk to, whose only impression of me comes from words on a screen filtered by both my own better judgment and his subjective biases, thinks he knows me better than I do and then proceeds to basically tell me I'm a Socionic charlatan. The. Fucking. NERVE.

This bullshit ends now.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what, three posts by two users? Compared to all of the rest of the people and posts in here? Oookaay...caaaallmmm dowwwn....

Having now apparently appointed yourself my forum mother, would you care to at least wait and watch what's happening before you assume that I'm trying to hijak Auvi's thread? I believe I initially offered a completely unprompted contribution to this thread that had NOTHING to do with my own type. Why the hell would I want to take over Auvi's thread when I have my own? If I specifically wanted Transigent's input, I would have asked him to post in my thread about it; he HAPPENED to post in this thread, so I figured I'd just pry briefly and let the thread go on it's way.

Now quit being a presumptuous bitch and mind your own goddamn business. Maybe go hit your punching bag if I annoy you so fucking much.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anybody ever heard an INFj use the word "fuck", let alone say "go fuck yourself"? Just wondering.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Has anybody ever heard an INFj use the word "fuck", let alone say "go fuck yourself"? Just wondering.
    Better chances of seeing a unicorn.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, Baby won me over with his last post. INFp ftw

Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    My dad

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yeah, swearing in general is different from swearing at someone.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all more than a little confusing, mostly because intertype relations irl point squarely at me being INFp. I would think it would be very hard to confuse an ESTp with an ESTj, but perhaps I've done so. I've been so sure my dual is ESTp.
    This is distilled wisdom.

I can see why, looking only at yourself, people could be divided between INFj and INFp (apart from the "fuck yourself" bit). But what you mentioned is the most important thing. At the end of the say, deep inside, an INFp and INFj are extremely different creatures, just like ESTp and ESTj. The smilarities are superficial.

So rather than go into pseudo-deep analysis of whether your introversion is mostly Ni-focused or Fi-focused with a touch of Ne, the safest way is precisely what you described: which is your dual, or your confictor, ESTp or ESTj?

Of course, then the problem is whether you understand those types correctly. But ESTp in particular is a type that in this forum is understood, but in a somewhat caricatural way, which is to say: I can't imagine an INFj attuned to the overal ESTp image here thinking that ESTps are their duals. If you think ESTps are your duals (unless your view of ESTps is totally the opposite from what we see here), then you're no INFj.

This is the surest way to differentiate quasi-identicals (which by the way was the starting point of all bloody socionics!) if you understand all types. That is why all those endless discussions on what precisely makes an INTj different from an INTp are sheer lunacy.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about ESFp for Baby. There is definitely some Se there and there are traits which I would attribute to rather than . I could see Baby as INFp, but I can't see him as an identical to any of the INFps that I know.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Now go fuck yourself.

Look: the reason I am dubious about INFj is not because I'm courting some "conception of myself as INFp." It's because I fucking AM an INFp. In order for me not to be, I'd have to completely overhaul my understanding of this theory. Either I have typed everyone I know know incorrectly and have little to no understanding of myself and Socionics, or I've been misrepresenting myself in my posts. I cannot take the vague impressions of some forumites with whom I've barely ever exchanged anything further than "lol" over the interaction I have with people I see in person every fucking day of my life.

And this high-handed, condescending bullshit about "You know I'm right and the truth will gnaw and gnaw away at you, etc."?? Kindly eat shit and die. What gnaws at me is not the possibility that I'm wrong. It's the idea that some asshat who I never even talk to, whose only impression of me comes from words on a screen filtered by both my own better judgment and his subjective biases, thinks he knows me better than I do and then proceeds to basically tell me I'm a Socionic charlatan. The. Fucking. NERVE.

This bullshit ends now.
    ZOMG SUPERVISION WOOMP DE WHOOMP!

Yeah, because everyone knows how to type everyone perfectly, and if you don't then you are a "Socionics Charlatan".

Did I make a whole thread based on one little jokey remark? No. You did. Does everyone make threads every time their type is questioned by someone? No. Right now probably, Joy probably thinks I am her sextoy's type (ISFj), you probably think I am some Se type (ESxp), and a handful of people probably think I am INTp, but do *I* need to have every-single-person "agree or shut up forever"?

The only one I really "called out" or whatever...the only person I made a big deal about was....

UDP

because 1. it was a pretty clear case of at least Beta, and 2. the guy fuckin annoyed with those ...... posts, and he had it comin'. "LOL"

You, on the other hand, I make a reference to jokingly about how I used to think you were INFj, and *poof* here is an entire thread about it. I gotta think that--even though you claim otherwise--something bothers you extremely that there is someone who isn't buying the INFp business.

Shit though, me calling you another type is not a PERSONAL ATTACK, okay, so don't treat it like one. Don't make me start calling you an ISTj.

I remember being in your position before: "YOU DON'T KNOW ME HOW DARE YOU" but just chill. After a while, after the 1000th time ****** has called you INFj (if I am not banned for being a "bad boy" after this thread....ZOMG ZOMG) you may just be able to laugh it off like I laugh off every time someone thinks I am another type. One thing though is I will NEVER EVER think that you are INFp EVER.

So, you will always have one person who doesn't fit into your rigid system
    ENTp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing though is I will NEVER EVER think that you are INFp EVER.
    But what does that mean? That you are sure he's INFj? What do you see as being so absolutely non-INFp about him?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast