TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics as a Theory of Everything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_...8philosophy%29

Does not socionics meet Rescher's criterion as a model of human cognition? Can we ever witness any well-formed thought process that cannot be explained as motion in Model-A? And does not socionics explain the emergence of consciousness as a product of the information element preceeding for a person's type?

Is not consciousness ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Socionics as a Theory of Everything

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything_%28philosophy%29

Does not socionics meet Rescher's criterion as a model of human cognition? Can we ever witness any well-formed thought process that cannot be explained as motion in Model-A? And does not socionics explain the emergence of consciousness as a product of the information element preceeding for a person's type?

Is not consciousness ?
    I think Socionics might, MIGHT work in the real world. However, what are the chances of ALL of the aspects of human cognition neatly fitting into 8 categories? I think it's a good start, but still a little too oversimplified to become a real science yet. Especially with individual conclusions (typings) being so disputable at present.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the "Finality" in Socionics?

Yeah, everything is explainable in Socionics terms, but that is only because Socionics is a *way* of thinking about Human cognition, and not an explanation in and of itself. You can say the same thing about the English language, you can explain anything in English, but there is no finality, there are always deeper explanations.

Yeah, we can break everything down into one of eight elements I/E x T/F/S/N, but each of these elements has a deeper explanation that we have yet to get to. For instance, explain how and why in a consistent and empirically proven way. Can't do it with socionics.
    ENTp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Yeah, everything is explainable in Socionics terms, but that is only because Socionics is a *way* of thinking about Human cognition, and not an explanation in and of itself. You can say the same thing about the English language, you can explain anything in English, but there is no finality, there are always deeper explanations.
    Well put.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Where is the "Finality" in Socionics?

Yeah, we can break everything down into one of eight elements I/E x T/F/S/N, but each of these elements has a deeper explanation that we have yet to get to. For instance, explain how and why in a consistent and empirically proven way. Can't do it with socionics.
    This is what I was trying to say above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tsk, tsk... you are both just underestimating us exertion Te/Fi types' ability to find a mathematical explanation for everything.

To tcaudilllg; what's with elevating Fe to god-status all suddenly? Why is Fe conscious and Fi not conscious?

It seems most plausible to me that all 'socially-open' functions (F and S) are conscious, and that the 'socially-closed' functions (T and N) are ways of dealing with conscious stimuli in an intelligent way through the use of groupings.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat
    Tsk, tsk... you are both just underestimating us exertion Te/Fi types' ability to find a mathematical explanation for everything.

To tcaudilllg; what's with elevating Fe to god-status all suddenly? Why is Fe conscious and Fi not conscious?

It seems most plausible to me that all 'socially-open' functions (F and S) are conscious, and that the 'socially-closed' functions (T and N) are ways of dealing with conscious stimuli in an intelligent way through the use of groupings.
    Well the aspect of is life, as I figure it. The aspect is reactive, but not conscious.

Consider the analogy of the reptile brain to the neocortex: the neocortex is , the reptile brain is . You can't do anything about : it's just there and when you stimulate it, bam there it goes. But is something you can work with, because can be intercepted and molded, even if it's range of expression is restrained by .

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's because they're reacting, I believe. / types absorb it, and learn from it. / types are faced with the immediate problem of their feelings and relationships. They must express themselves to cope with the loss.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You people are insane. Nothing can explain "everything," and all this elitist rationalization of everything through your bullshit super-consciousness and crackpot theories is only serving to detach you further from reality.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You people are insane. Nothing can explain "everything," and all this elitist rationalization of everything through your bullshit super-consciousness and crackpot theories is only serving to detach you further from reality.
    What was that about? How are we elitist?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because you claim to have access to understanding through your "exertion types" that we lower beings are apparently not attuned to.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extertion type theory claims there are two types instead of one. How hard is it to understand? Anything else is interpretation.

Tcaud: read some Fi based literature sometime. A few pages of it, if you survive. There's a lot going on under the surface that we Ti types are not normally aware of.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said it was hard to understand. I see it as too simplistic, if anything; you fail to fully understand Socionics types, and ignore the obvious fact that they accomplish, on their own, everything you want "Exertion types" to do.

You talk about this shit like it gives you superpowers...underestimate exertion Te/Fi my left testicle.

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Socionics is flawed because it it does not incorporate peanut butter into its metaphysical matrix, which I know exists because I saw it in a dream once...or maybe I stole the idea from a sci-fi film with lots of ooh hi-tech special effects.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    I never said it was hard to understand. I see it as too simplistic, if anything; you fail to fully understand Socionics types, and ignore the obvious fact that they accomplish, on their own, everything you want "Exertion types" to do.

You talk about this shit like it gives you superpowers...
    ++