Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Extraverts and Introverts

I heard at uni that

Extraverts are supposed to have a Less Excitable Frontal Cortex

and
    Introverts are supposed to have a More Excitable Frontal Cortex.

Not sure exactly if that was the brain region but you get the idea. It does make sense to me as Extraverts have a less excitable cortex they need more stimulation to get going and vice versa. If i remember correctly they suggested that introverts wake up easier in the morning but slow down earlier at night. Im like a damn zombie in the morning and definately do take some warming up time. FDG says he wakes up early though so perhaps this doesn't make total sense.

FDG suggested that the more Extraverted someone is the easier they fall asleep. I suppose that would make some sense as when an Extravert is alone their frontal cortex should be at a lower level of arousal than the introvert. I know my ISTj dad wakes up at around 4:00am and thats his time. My time is 10:00pm-2:00am.

My INFj friend suggested alcohol could have an interesting affect on Introverts. Since alcohol is a depressant of brain activity it should actually calm down an Introverts brain and make them more outgoing and seek more stimulation. Society seems to value Extraversion so introverts probably feel very excited by feeling outgoing. On the other hand Alcohol should actually depress an extravert's cortex further, perhaps making them less extraverted.

I have definately witnessed a number of really shy and introverted people go Psycho on Alcohol. I used to know this insanely shy guy who would turn into a wild party dude when he got trashed. Generally i feel normal and simply un-inhibited with a little bit but with a little more i probably do go all quiet.

One problem of course with all of this is its a more basic perhaps MBTI view on Extraversion / Introversion and i think the functions would make every Extravert and Introvert very unique. Im just spewing stuff out there as food for thought.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, when an introtim drinks, he's more likely to get either more passive or somewhat reckless. But if he drinks coffee, he will get more initiating and active.

For this reason, alcohol and other physiological modifiers can lead to mistyping.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I drink alcohol, I am definitely loose-tongued. And very very giggly.

When I drink coffee (and it only has to be a small cup but it must be strong), it's like someone turned the "on" switch and I become extremely talkative but not only that, I get the best ideas and suddenly become super motivated to get things done.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently I become nasty when I'm drunk. The thing is, the person that tells me this (my mother) has only ever seen me drunk when I've unleashed on somebody all the frustration I've been feeling that day. (It was my 21st birthday and I was feeling particularly pissed-off that it wasn't more special)
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and I should add that I almost always fall asleep right away, unless there is something really bothering me (but it has to be a pretty big deal). And I am a morning person (but one of my best friends is also an introvert and is decidedly NOT a morning person so who knows).
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder
    What implications does this have for those with ADHD?
    Good question since the INFj friend who was talking about it with me has ADHD. Hes always quite souped up on ritalin and he does seem to think it has a massive affect on him. I will ask him tonite
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why drink if you can think.
    My motto.
    It would unnerving to even try be like the common peasant.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org