Thread: Family typing 101

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Family typing 1.01

Hi! Can you help me type my family?

ESTj father (description and relation with me fit like a glove)
    Unkown mother (probably Si in the ego)
    Unknown brother1 (maybe INTj)
    ISTp brother2 (description is right on and relations are likely true)
    ISTj me
    Unknown brother4 (maybe INFp)

My mother.
    Definitely Si over Se, she cannot stand disorder, has to have everything arranged her way, very good aesthetic sense. Probably introvert (but I'm not sure the "social" introversion is the same as socionic's). Likely aristocratic, likely delta. Argues a lot with ESTj father. Seems to be giving everyone at least some Fe.

Brother1.
    Very smart, loves to show it, likes complicated language. Strong opinions, might get angry when facing unreasonable objections. Very moral, won't do what he feels is wrong and always tries to convince others to be like that. We both feel we are very similar and respect each other, although I can see him as less Se than me, and somewhat self centered at times.

Brother4.
    Very emotional, rage outbursts especially when he is wronged and can do nothing about it. Probably the most outgoing of the 4 of us, has many friends, but likely to be still on the introvert side. Likes to look cool. Both conflicting relation with ESTj and activity with ISTj fit well.

What do you think? What other clues should I be looking for?
    LSI

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brother 1 sounds isfj.

Brother 4 sounds like beta NF, probably enfj.

Mother: esfj? lookalike relation with your father?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mom could be ESTj, too. Depends how Fe she is. Most moms are going to try to be more Si and Fe with their kids than they otherwise would be.

I agree with ISFj for brother 1.

What about ESTp for brother 4? Sounds rather Beta in any case.

How do mom and brother 4 get along with brother 1?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

brother 1 ISFj
    brother 4 INFP yes if you see activity with yourself being ISTj and cofilct (complete misunderstanding) with dad

dunno about mom
    Ni Creative

there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Mom could be ESTj, too. Depends how Fe she is. Most moms are going to try to be more Si and Fe with their kids than they otherwise would be.
    That is a very good point, I don't think Fe comes natural to her. Si does I think. ESTj and ESFj make some sense, but I'd lean towards introvert... you can just see the difference with how extrovert my father is (or an ESFj friend).

No this can't be right. It didn't show from my description, but he is _very_ confident in his logic and it's very sound logic most of the times. He is also way more argumentative than he is persuasive.
    Could his moral attitude be something similar to my bitching about rules? Or maybe
    Alpha types tend to value logically consistent beliefs and ideas, and behavior that is consistent with personal values.
    I am not totally sure he is an introvert, and I don't know about S-N. Se as a PolR makes some sense, he often has problems with dumb bosses.

How do mom and brother 4 get along with brother 1?
    Heh hard to say, brother1 is the one I've had the least contact with, especially in brother4's presence. Mom puts a great deal of effort into treating everybody equally... all I can say is she doesn't have a clearly negative relationship with any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond8
    Brother 4 sounds like beta NF, probably enfj.
    I agree, beta NF, but he doesn't talk as freely as an ENFj would... maybe he's close to the middle of I/E?
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha types tend to value logically consistent beliefs and ideas, and behavior that is consistent with personal values.
    This actually makes sense for him in another way: he doesn't like logically inconsistent beliefs and ideas. He gets angry with them, like religion for example (please nobody get provoked by this... just a matter of personal view).
    LSI

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i sort of think the "isfj" brother is intj with an overblown role function (Fi strict moral system.) you can see that sort of thing in the posts of some Ti-IJ's like UDP where they go on and on about morals and then enforce that sort of thing way too much.

and it's sort of a random, not entirely convincing piece of evidence, but his preference for complicated language could indicate some intuitive type. it seems like most of the descriptions i've read where they've stated that the type dislikes complicated language, it's been some type, specifically ESTp (in one case, i read this about ISFp, though.)
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    No this can't be right. It didn't show from my description, but he is _very_ confident in his logic and it's very sound logic most of the times. He is also way more argumentative than he is persuasive.
    None of that sounds un-ISFj to me. I think an intelligent Se subtype ISFj, especially a male, can definitely be like that.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting (c:
    Ok, thanks!
    LSI

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Family typing 1.01

Brother1.
    Very smart, loves to show it, likes complicated language. Strong opinions, might get angry when facing unreasonable objections. Very moral, won't do what he feels is wrong and always tries to convince others to be like that. We both feel we are very similar and respect each other, although I can see him as less Se than me, and somewhat self centered at times.
    ENxj - ENTj likely, and the the moral part you are seeing is the Fi part of his Te

Your mother sounds more ISFj-Se, which makes perfect sense given that your father is ESTj.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Your mother sounds more ISFj-Se, which makes perfect sense given that your father is ESTj.
    Oh boy, this makes some sense too from the description, but I don't see her as very Se... I think I need more experience )c:
    LSI

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy, this makes some sense too from the description, but I don't see her as very Se... I think I need more experience )c:
    I thought she could have been a Fi subtype, but in that case I think she'd argue less with your father. In any case, you said she has to have everything organized her way in the house - that seems to be a good signal of Se, don't you think?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In any case, you said she has to have everything organized her way in the house - that seems to be a good signal of Se, don't you think?
    I don't know, I think she acts on her environment because it bothers her when it is not pleasant, aesthetic, cozy etc. She doesn't really want it to be something, she just doesn't want it to be messy, very much like my ISTp brother. While I on the other hand don't care how it looks at all, I'll change it if I have a purpose in doing so, to make it more practical maybe.
    For example I very often leave things "out of place", where they can easily be reached and used, and if she comes by my place she'll ask:
    "where does this go?"
    "right there"
    "hmpf".
    After which she just puts it wherever she feels is appropriate.
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick update: mommy tested LII... weird for me but she totally saw herself in it. Relation with my father would be illusory which fits.

I guess Fe was really just the "mother effect", and Si was mother + valued 6th function.
    LSI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick update: mommy tested LII... weird for me but she totally saw herself in it. Relation with my father would be illusory which fits.

I guess Fe was really just the "mother effect", and Si was mother + valued 6th function.
    I wouldn't trust people's perceptions of themselves too much. I know that from personal experience.[sup:d92175ba67]1 [/sup:d92175ba67]:wink:

There seems to be some Si there (from the dialogue example). What did you mean by her having strong morals? How does she expect her children to behave and what is the main value she tries to teach you and what's her explenation of why you need to learn that. This gives information mainly about quadra because that's where values usually start from and morals have got everything to do with the values.

[sup:d92175ba67]1 [/sup:d92175ba67] written by ex-LII, ex-LIE.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I wouldn't trust people's perceptions of themselves too much. I know that from personal experience.
    Well I sure can't rely on my crappy perceptions, and people here only have those (c:

There seems to be some Si there (from the dialogue example).
    Are you saying more than would be evident in the 6th function? It still is a quadra defining funciont right?

What did you mean by her having strong morals? How does she expect her children to behave and what is the main value she tries to teach you and what's her explenation of why you need to learn that. This gives information mainly about quadra because that's where values usually start from and morals have got everything to do with the values.
    Actually the "moralizer" was my brother, it seems my mother never had to teach anyone about morals, and yet we are all soooo good (c:
    I don't know, she is pretty modern on themes like abortion, omosexuality etc... can't really say anything else, but I've never seen her doing something I consider wrong.
    LSI