Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 164

Thread: Offensive descriptions of types

  1. #1
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Offensive descriptions of types

    I think it's a funny thing (you know Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions...)

    For example :

    ILI - Intuitive-Logical Introtim

    - most unsociable of all types
    - lazy do-nothing
    - all ILI have Asperger Syndrome, they lack empathy (in contrast to LII, which are very friendly and empathetic)
    - says only boring things that most people don't want to hear
    - when female, faints when over-stimulated (although I have the case of a SEI female, this is mostly an ILI-like thing)
    - hateful and hostile
    - very difficult to socialise with
    - when female, snivels for minor things, like SEI females
    - physically weak
    - frequently does things which are not accepted by society
    - emotionally unstable
    - when male, submits too easily to women
    - doesn't need to drink alcohol, because an ILI seems drunk all the time
    - bureaucratic and legalistic, slightly less narrow-minded than LSI but still narrow-minded
    - egocentric, only thinks "me, my, mine, myself, etc."
    - high IQ, but low EQ, in contrast to LII, which has slightly lower IQ but average EQ.
    - needs efforts to appear friendly with others (I know a girl...)
    - communicates like a machine (I know another girl...)
    - withdrawn loner

    You can send your own offensive type descriptions, I'm glad to read them.

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I found this description offensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by misutii
    Sensory-Ethical Extrovert
    SEE – ESFp – Napoleon (Leader)

    Installation of the consciousness in the leading bloc: The SEE is characterized by the drive to expand his influence, by the desire of authority and glory. In order to realize these goals it is necessary to learn how to control people, by manipulating their weaknesses and avoiding their strengths so as to never be conquered.


    Description of the Strong Functions:

    Se: The Strong individual. Irrepressibly he approaches his goals and, at any costs, tries to reach them. “Only success, only victory!”

    SEE – always the leader, ambitious and confident. Naturally proves to be the center of attention in any group. The desire, without fail, to lead, to control; leads to rivalries, competition with other aspirants. However, SEE deftly senses the nuances in his relations, wonderfully senses the moods of others towards him. If someone, whom he must deal with, is capable of holding him at a distance, of resisting him, SEE will not bother with him, but if, and when, he feels slack he can press and become unceremonious. Will not seek conflict without reason. Can act diplomatic and insinuating in order to achieve objectives. But if conflict arises he can express himself directly, unambiguously.

    Always, and in everything, SEE tries to display his advantages to others. Should he suffer injustice he will find a way to turn it around, presenting himself to others so as not to lose face, even conversely to appear the victor. He never acknowledges his injuries.

    SEE tends not to get lost in the difficult situation; in such cases he rather reacts with more strength, mobilizing to surmount the difficulty.

    Energetic and noisy, he creates the impression that he is occupying as much space as possible.

    SEE noticeably develops the shadow function of the extroverted sense of sensations (Se), especially when viewed from the exterior. SEE loves bright, garish clothing; he prefers to appear from “better to extravagant” rather than “everyday and gray”. It pleases him to be noticed, to garner the attention of others.

    Fi: SEE magnificently manipulates people by their moods and desires. He loves to be the center of attention, to fascinate others with his ideas. He easily provokes quarrels but just as easily reconciles them, as if playing; pulling the strings. It is important for him to preserve the good opinion of other towards him, not to let himself fall, to stress his talent and exclusiveness. He’s a great actor and can manifest outstanding diplomatic inclinations, well cultured.

    Sensing well the moods of others, SEE can support a comrade through a difficult moment; manifest his participation, his sympathy. By being naturally volitional and cheerful he impels other to act, not to fall apart or whine.

    The SEE – men with bright and intense emotional range – from angry indignation to noisy enthusiasm. He thus always finds himself included in the emotional situation, he is ready to act: to help, to sympathize, to fight, to condemn, - and no matter how he expresses his relation to that occurring he is always absolutely confident in the correctness of his sentence.

    With the opposite sex he readily displays initiative. Though to suffer rejection may be tragic he knows to move on.

    Strong excitability and emotionalism give rise to increased sexuality. Especially in the younger years it is difficult to settle down.

    SEE is prone to jealousy, may frequently suspect partner of treason, and does not pardon innocent flirtation.

    Bright emotionalism also develops in the love of arts; SEE especially loves music and singing. Frequently he has some of his own music, demonstrates to all his talent and ability.


    Description of the Weak Functions:

    Ti: The weakness of this function is developed in the fact that activities for the SEE frequently carry a chaotic nature; in his behaviour there is no systematic pattern of character.

    Even if SEE possesses a heavy stock of knowledge, he is not always able to sufficiently make use of it; his emotionalism frequently re-weighs logic. His erudition manifests itself in sudden flashes but he never keeps on one topic for long. An extroverted sensory type, his need for external activity frequently manifests itself in uncontrollable motor activity. Thus he may be prone to acting before thinking.

    Understanding that logic is not his strongest quality, SEE compensates for this in his business activities by placing a greater role in his personal contacts and connections. He attempts to work out the definite stereotypes of behaviour in different situations so as to not be caught unprepared.

    For SEE it is very important that the result of his work be visible and tangible. He wishes to obtain a return for his efforts. This may be exemplified through community acknowledgement (i.e. social status) and/or material evidence of acknowledgment (i.e. apartment, car, the latest gadget, the most up-to-date, most elegant, prestigious fashions…)

    Ne: Since the SEE focuses all his attention on the sensory area, he does well in interpreting the external manifestations of people, events and things, but cannot understand their secret meaning. He senses well, but badly comprehends in-depth. For this reason he finds it difficult to correctly evaluate others, his surroundings, and even himself; finds it difficult to find his true place in life. Nevertheless SEE will try to develop the role of a sensitive and attentive man, capable of correctly comprehending the current situation.

    He also finds it difficult, in view of the weakness of the intuition of time, to precisely plan activities beforehand. In such regards he’s apt to become impatient, finds it difficult to wait for something if he feels he needs it now.


    SEE at Work and in the Home

    When holding an executive position SEE maximally uses his strong traits: his active nature and ability to manipulate others. He always attempts to achieve the goal presented; in this case he can act by means of volitional pressure, and by the temptation of the forthcoming profit. He is best at succeeding at tasks with a tactical nature – he rapidly orients himself in the situation, easily varies his methods of operation, but at the same time poorly visualizes the distant prospect.

    He heavily suffers, and thus negatively reacts to, criticisms from others, especially if the discussion deals with his weak logical ability, randomness of activities and ill-considered nature of decisions. Sometimes the SEE will seek to get rid of the coworker whom, to him, is disposed towards excessive criticism.

    If he leads a small group his bustling style of leadership can lead to strained relations. SEE proves much more useful, in a leadership role, in a larger scale enterprise, especially if the group contains reasonable and farsighted members, capable of logically influencing him, of smoothing out the spontaneity of his activities from a distance.

    In the family SEE, as a rule, acts as the leader/dictator, he decides who must do something and what must be done at the given moment. Family holidays awaken his enthusiasm, which sometimes finds its way to the workplace where his desk is always cramped with the current entertainments. He loves knowing how to prepare well for such occasions, loves good food.

    He relates with zeal not only to himself but also to members of his family: they are all the best, the brightest, the most capable; no one can be compared with them in their multiple talents.

    SEE usually loves animals/pets; takes them in as members of the family.


    Summary of Functions:

    1. Se: The energetic, strong individual. Irrepressibly approaches a goal and tries to reach it at any cost. Strong volitional qualities. Knows how to care about own health and the health of close ones. Aesthetics in the home, food; all of this proceeds from the general principles of healthy worthwhileness.
    2. Fi: He separates people into his friends and strangers, highest and lowest, attempts to occupy as high a spot as possible on the vertical hierarchy. Knows how to make contact with others, easily can manipulate people in order to attain a goal.
    3. Ti: System, structure, objective laws – these are areas in which the SEE struggles. Finds it difficult to think deeply and thoroughly about a problem. Being very energetic, now and then acts in a chaotic, confused manner.
    4. Ne: Attempts to play the role of someone capable of penetrating into the essence of an occurrence, but frequently overestimates ability to do so. Prone to impulsive action, will not give self up to dreams and fantasies for extended periods of time, thus does not often try to comprehend the distant prospects – is too strongly tied to the ‘genuine reality’.


    Professional Possibilities:
    SEE performs admirably in professions that require contact with people at all levels: political activity, military service (in as high a rank as possible), jurisprudence, artistic activity, teaching, commerce, and secretarial work. People of this psycho-type should be warned against the selection of scientific activity, especially in regards to theoretical disciplines.
    Seriously, wtf?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    994
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Machintruc just has something against ILIs.

    I'd like to point out that most of those bullet points are completely untrue, so if they're INTp Uncovered, then they're completely wrong. And yes, there's nothing more offensive than blatant lies, attempting to besmirch a good character.

    My example, "ILIs are physically weak." Er... not in my case.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

    "When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

  4. #4
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    Machintruc just has something against ILIs.

    I'd like to point out that most of those bullet points are completely untrue, so if they're INTp Uncovered, then they're completely wrong. And yes, there's nothing more offensive than blatant lies, attempting to besmirch a good character.

    My example, "ILIs are physically weak." Er... not in my case.
    1. I don't have anything against ILI.
    2. This is an open thread to post offensive descriptions for ANY type, not only ILI.
    3. I don't support cognitive discrimination.
    4. I recognise I find saying offensive things funny.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I found this description offensive.
    most of the filatova descriptions are offensive. He was INFj i think and the ESTp description by him is biased.
    INFP

  6. #6
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Offensive descriptions of types

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    I think it's a funny thing (you know Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions...)

    For example :

    ILI - Intuitive-Logical Introtim

    - most unsociable of all types NO
    - lazy do-nothing YES
    - all ILI have Asperger Syndrome, they lack empathy (in contrast to LII, which are very friendly and empathetic) NO
    - says only boring things that most people don't want to hear YES
    - when female, faints when over-stimulated (although I have the case of a SEI female, this is mostly an ILI-like thing) ??
    - hateful and hostile NO
    - very difficult to socialise with NO
    - when female, snivels for minor things, like SEI females NO
    - physically weak NO
    - frequently does things which are not accepted by society YES
    - emotionally unstable NO
    - when male, submits too easily to women UHH YES
    - doesn't need to drink alcohol, because an ILI seems drunk all the time HAHA
    - bureaucratic and legalistic, slightly less narrow-minded than LSI but still narrow-minded NO
    - egocentric, only thinks "me, my, mine, myself, etc." YES
    - high IQ, but low EQ, in contrast to LII, which has slightly lower IQ but average EQ. YES :wink:
    - needs efforts to appear friendly with others (I know a girl...) NO
    - communicates like a machine (I know another girl...) YES
    - withdrawn loner YES

    You can send your own offensive type descriptions, I'm glad to read them.

  7. #7
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    This has to be the dumbest post ever, and thats before you factor in the fact that it seems as if you mixed up INTps and INTjs.

  8. #8
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Offensive descriptions of types

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    - doesn't need to drink alcohol, because an ILI seems drunk all the time
    That is SO TRUE! Why, just the other day, I walked in a straight line, unwavering. WHO THE HELL HAS EVER SEEN A SOBER PERSON WALK IN A STRAIGHT LINE??? ROFLOL, U R LIEK MY HERO <3<3<3
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  9. #9
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Offensive descriptions of types

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    I think it's a funny thing (you know Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions...)

    For example :

    ILI - Intuitive-Logical Introtim

    - most unsociable of all types NO
    - lazy do-nothing YES
    - all ILI have Asperger Syndrome, they lack empathy (in contrast to LII, which are very friendly and empathetic) NO
    - says only boring things that most people don't want to hear YES
    - when female, faints when over-stimulated (although I have the case of a SEI female, this is mostly an ILI-like thing) ??
    - hateful and hostile NO
    - very difficult to socialise with NO
    - when female, snivels for minor things, like SEI females NO
    - physically weak NO
    - frequently does things which are not accepted by society YES
    - emotionally unstable NO
    - when male, submits too easily to women UHH YES
    - doesn't need to drink alcohol, because an ILI seems drunk all the time HAHA
    - bureaucratic and legalistic, slightly less narrow-minded than LSI but still narrow-minded NO
    - egocentric, only thinks "me, my, mine, myself, etc." YES
    - high IQ, but low EQ, in contrast to LII, which has slightly lower IQ but average EQ. YES :wink:
    - needs efforts to appear friendly with others (I know a girl...) NO
    - communicates like a machine (I know another girl...) YES
    - withdrawn loner YES

    You can send your own offensive type descriptions, I'm glad to read them.
    You aren't LIE are you ?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I identify with most of machintruc's statements about ILIs. It's quite a good description, because we can easily see that he has in fact ILIs in mind, and not another type. (And an ILI is not offended by such a description.)

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    2,916
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Offensive descriptions of types

    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    - doesn't need to drink alcohol, because an ILI seems drunk all the time
    That is SO TRUE! Why, just the other day, I walked in a straight line, unwavering. WHO THE HELL HAS EVER SEEN A SOBER PERSON WALK IN A STRAIGHT LINE??? ROFLOL, U R LIEK MY HERO <3<3<3


    ILIs aren't difficult to socialise with.
    INTp
    sx/sp

  12. #12

    Default

    No it's LII's that have Asperger's, we ILI's are downright sociopaths

    "- says only boring things that most people don't want to hear"

    Also this is more of LII problem. They always talk about the same one single boring subject, that nobody wants to hear about.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  13. #13
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    No it's LII's that have Asperger's, we ILI's are downright sociopaths

    "- says only boring things that most people don't want to hear"

    Also this is more of LII problem. They always talk about the same one single boring subject, that nobody wants to hear about.
    Actually, AS is a tool for discriminating types which are called unsociable (logical types). Least sociable types are believed to be (approximatively) :

    1. ILI
    2. LSI
    3. LIE
    4. SLE
    5. ILE
    6. SLI
    7. LII
    8. LSE

  14. #14
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    No it's LII's that have Asperger's, we ILI's are downright sociopaths

    "- says only boring things that most people don't want to hear"

    Also this is more of LII problem. They always talk about the same one single boring subject, that nobody wants to hear about.
    Actually, AS is a tool for discriminating types which are called unsociable (logical types). Least sociable types are believed to be (approximatively) :

    1. ILI
    2. LSI
    3. LIE
    4. SLE
    5. ILE
    6. SLI
    7. LII
    8. LSE
    are you serious?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  15. #15
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    No it's LII's that have Asperger's, we ILI's are downright sociopaths

    "- says only boring things that most people don't want to hear"

    Also this is more of LII problem. They always talk about the same one single boring subject, that nobody wants to hear about.
    Actually, AS is a tool for discriminating types which are called unsociable (logical types). Least sociable types are believed to be (approximatively) :

    1. ILI
    2. LSI
    3. LIE
    4. SLE
    5. ILE
    6. SLI
    7. LII
    8. LSE
    are you serious?
    I wrote "they are believed to be".

  16. #16
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nerv_damage
    I found this description offensive.
    most of the filatova descriptions are offensive. He was INFj i think and the ESTp description by him is biased.
    i disagree. the beta ones were some of the best i've read. the alpha ones were too positive, the gamma ones were too negative. i think this is a reflection of the type of the writer: infj. the delta ones were too positive.

    which only brings to light that the type of the writer has to be taken into consideration when reading type descriptions. the strategy at wikisocion is the best: make type descriptions a collaborative effort.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    No it's LII's that have Asperger's, we ILI's are downright sociopaths

    "- says only boring things that most people don't want to hear"

    Also this is more of LII problem. They always talk about the same one single boring subject, that nobody wants to hear about.
    Actually, AS is a tool for discriminating types which are called unsociable (logical types). Least sociable types are believed to be (approximatively) :
    No, actually Asperger's syndrome is condition that fits the diagnostic chararcters of ICD-10 F84.5 and ICD-9 299.8.

    And has nothing to do with personality types. Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:

    - The presence of restricted, repetitive and stereotyped behaviors and interests.
    - Narrow interests or preoccupation with a subject to the exclusion of other activities
    - Repetitive behaviors or rituals
    - Difficulty reading the social and emotional messages in the eyes
    - Inadequate nonverbal communication: their facial expressions, hand gestures, and other forms of body language, are sometimes limited
    - They prefer routine work, and are not able to cope well to changes, even small ones. Such disruptions from routine can cause stress and anxiety.

    While, there many aspects that are contradicting with ILI, and the other types that you listed.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:
    As Dmitri Lytov has pointed out, the ILI is also described as slightly autistic, and if you read ILI type descriptions you will find many of the typical Asperger traits.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why are you guys bent on making each type out to sound like a cartoon character? Most people aren't anything like this.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  20. #20
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Offensive descriptions of types

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    You aren't LIE are you ?
    - lazy do-nothing YES
    - withdrawn loner YES

    these are my answers so i'm pretty ILI.

  21. #21
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Why are you guys bent on making each type out to sound like a cartoon character? Most people aren't anything like this.
    Because it makes it easier for people to group, then hate and blame their misfortunes on types and not themselves. :wink:
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:
    As Dmitri Lytov has pointed out, the ILI is also described as slightly autistic, and if you read ILI type descriptions you will find many of the typical Asperger traits.
    Sure there are some, but there are lot in Asperger's that contradict with ILI's description. The similarities might just as well be coincidental. The more autistic someone is, the less they resemble ILI's.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:
    As Dmitri Lytov has pointed out, the ILI is also described as slightly autistic, and if you read ILI type descriptions you will find many of the typical Asperger traits.
    Sure there are some, but there are lot in Asperger's that contradict with ILI's description. The similarities might just as well be coincidental. The more autistic someone is, the less they resemble ILI's.
    Which of the Asperger traits contradict most clearly with ILI's description, in your opinion?

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:
    As Dmitri Lytov has pointed out, the ILI is also described as slightly autistic, and if you read ILI type descriptions you will find many of the typical Asperger traits.
    This is faulty reasoning; autism and schizophrenia have some similar traits but they're not the same thing.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Why are you guys bent on making each type out to sound like a cartoon character? Most people aren't anything like this.
    Because it makes it easier for people to group, then hate and blame their misfortunes on types and not themselves. :wink:
    If this is true, then it's truely pathetic.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  26. #26
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Why are you guys bent on making each type out to sound like a cartoon character? Most people aren't anything like this.
    Because it makes it easier for people to group, then hate and blame their misfortunes on types and not themselves. :wink:
    If this is true, then it's truely pathetic.
    The thread is machintruc's attempt at a joke. He's making fun of the caricatures, if I read him right, and is trying to have a bit of fun with stereotypes, but the joke fell flat as his stereotypes didn't match those in current circulation. People who failed to realize that it wasn't serious ironically got offended by his "offensive views".
    There are ways to poke fun at negative stereotypes in a comedic way.

    If this is what machintruc was trying to do, then he failed.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  28. #28
    Creepy-Diana

    Default

    .

  29. #29
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:
    As Dmitri Lytov has pointed out, the ILI is also described as slightly autistic, and if you read ILI type descriptions you will find many of the typical Asperger traits.
    Sure there are some, but there are lot in Asperger's that contradict with ILI's description. The similarities might just as well be coincidental. The more autistic someone is, the less they resemble ILI's.
    Which of the Asperger traits contradict most clearly with ILI's description, in your opinion?
    I'm not an expert on asperger or autism but I have been in the impression that one of main problems in autism is lack of intuition and "emotions". So ILI being most of all an intuitive type contradicts that. A type with high logic and low intuition is supposedly more autistic than ILIs. I might add that introverted logic is perhaps more "autistic" than extroverted.

  30. #30
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Offensive descriptions of types

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    You aren't LIE are you ?
    - lazy do-nothing YES
    - withdrawn loner YES

    these are my answers so i'm pretty ILI.
    LIE are withdrawn loners to... like all Gammas do lol

    difference between ILI and LIE is that ILI is lazy lol (in fact most introtims feel lazy)

  31. #31
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Why are you guys bent on making each type out to sound like a cartoon character? Most people aren't anything like this.
    Because it makes it easier for people to group, then hate and blame their misfortunes on types and not themselves. :wink:
    If this is true, then it's truely pathetic.
    The thread is machintruc's attempt at a joke. He's making fun of the caricatures, if I read him right, and is trying to have a bit of fun with stereotypes, but the joke fell flat as his stereotypes didn't match those in current circulation. People who failed to realize that it wasn't serious ironically got offended by his "offensive views".
    There are ways to poke fun at negative stereotypes in a comedic way.

    If this is what machintruc was trying to do, then he failed.
    I think he has posted that particular ILI negative stereotype post more than once. It seems like the whole thread was created in order to post it ones more

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:
    As Dmitri Lytov has pointed out, the ILI is also described as slightly autistic, and if you read ILI type descriptions you will find many of the typical Asperger traits.
    This is faulty reasoning; autism and schizophrenia have some similar traits but they're not the same thing.
    Correct, but there are genetic links between them. Every disorder is linked to the types one way or the other. Some types have more of both autistic tratis and schizophrenic traits than others. And that is no coincidence.

  33. #33
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:
    As Dmitri Lytov has pointed out, the ILI is also described as slightly autistic, and if you read ILI type descriptions you will find many of the typical Asperger traits.
    Sure there are some, but there are lot in Asperger's that contradict with ILI's description. The similarities might just as well be coincidental. The more autistic someone is, the less they resemble ILI's.
    Which of the Asperger traits contradict most clearly with ILI's description, in your opinion?
    I'm not an expert on asperger or autism but I have been in the impression that one of main problems in autism is lack of intuition and "emotions". So ILI being most of all an intuitive type contradicts that. A type with high logic and low intuition is supposedly more autistic than ILIs. I might add that introverted logic is perhaps more "autistic" than extroverted.
    Actually, most aspies are ILI, although you may eventually find LIE, LSI or such.

    Asperger's Syndrome is only a tool for cognitive discriminiation (i.e. to reject task-oriented people).

    It's illegal to reject an african-american because he's black, but it's not illegal to reject an ILI because he's ILI. (as far as I know)

  34. #34
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:
    As Dmitri Lytov has pointed out, the ILI is also described as slightly autistic, and if you read ILI type descriptions you will find many of the typical Asperger traits.
    Sure there are some, but there are lot in Asperger's that contradict with ILI's description. The similarities might just as well be coincidental. The more autistic someone is, the less they resemble ILI's.
    Which of the Asperger traits contradict most clearly with ILI's description, in your opinion?
    I'm not an expert on asperger or autism but I have been in the impression that one of main problems in autism is lack of intuition and "emotions". So ILI being most of all an intuitive type contradicts that. A type with high logic and low intuition is supposedly more autistic than ILIs. I might add that introverted logic is perhaps more "autistic" than extroverted.
    Actually, most aspies are ILI, although you may eventually find LIE, LSI or such.

    Asperger's Syndrome is only a tool for cognitive discriminiation (i.e. to reject task-oriented people).

    It's illegal to reject an african-american because he's black, but it's not illegal to reject an ILI because he's ILI. (as far as I know)
    Well I don't know about that. I'm not sure how closely autism and asperger are linked in the end. I was just pointing out that from what little i've read autists tend to have low intuition and ILI's tend to have high intuition.

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:
    As Dmitri Lytov has pointed out, the ILI is also described as slightly autistic, and if you read ILI type descriptions you will find many of the typical Asperger traits.
    Sure there are some, but there are lot in Asperger's that contradict with ILI's description. The similarities might just as well be coincidental. The more autistic someone is, the less they resemble ILI's.
    Which of the Asperger traits contradict most clearly with ILI's description, in your opinion?
    I'm not an expert on asperger or autism but I have been in the impression that one of main problems in autism is lack of intuition and "emotions". So ILI being most of all an intuitive type contradicts that. A type with high logic and low intuition is supposedly more autistic than ILIs. I might add that introverted logic is perhaps more "autistic" than extroverted.
    Actually, most aspies are ILI, although you may eventually find LIE, LSI or such.

    Asperger's Syndrome is only a tool for cognitive discriminiation (i.e. to reject task-oriented people).

    It's illegal to reject an african-american because he's black, but it's not illegal to reject an ILI because he's ILI. (as far as I know)
    Worst post ever.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Actually, most aspies are ILI
    I think that is most likely true, and that's why I am interested in people's opinion on exactly which Asperger traits contradict the described traits in the ILI type descriptions. To solve that problem we should focus on the described behaviourial traits instead of what the types are supposed to be like ("intuitive" etc.).

  37. #37
    Jarno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    TIM
    ILI-Te
    Posts
    5,375
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bottom of the page

    http://www.k12academics.com/asperger...cteristics.htm

    Asperger = INTP / INTJ / INFJ

  38. #38
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    bottom of the page

    http://www.k12academics.com/asperger...cteristics.htm

    Asperger = INTP / INTJ / INFJ
    Myersian though. This means you may find ILE and LIE.

  39. #39
    Dioklecian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    ILI
    Posts
    4,304
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Offensive descriptions of types

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    I think it's a funny thing (you know Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions...)

    For example :

    ILI - Intuitive-Logical Introtim

    - most unsociable of all types
    - lazy do-nothing
    - all ILI have Asperger Syndrome, they lack empathy (in contrast to LII, which are very friendly and empathetic)
    - says only boring things that most people don't want to hear
    - when female, faints when over-stimulated (although I have the case of a SEI female, this is mostly an ILI-like thing)
    - hateful and hostile
    - very difficult to socialise with
    - when female, snivels for minor things, like SEI females
    - physically weak
    - frequently does things which are not accepted by society
    - emotionally unstable
    - when male, submits too easily to women
    - doesn't need to drink alcohol, because an ILI seems drunk all the time
    - bureaucratic and legalistic, slightly less narrow-minded than LSI but still narrow-minded
    - egocentric, only thinks "me, my, mine, myself, etc."
    - high IQ, but low EQ, in contrast to LII, which has slightly lower IQ but average EQ.
    - needs efforts to appear friendly with others (I know a girl...)
    - communicates like a machine (I know another girl...)
    - withdrawn loner

    You can send your own offensive type descriptions, I'm glad to read them.
    This is a spiteful mean useless description that describes it's author more than anyone else.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord
    Only personality type with some remote similarities is LII:
    As Dmitri Lytov has pointed out, the ILI is also described as slightly autistic, and if you read ILI type descriptions you will find many of the typical Asperger traits.
    Sure there are some, but there are lot in Asperger's that contradict with ILI's description. The similarities might just as well be coincidental. The more autistic someone is, the less they resemble ILI's.
    Which of the Asperger traits contradict most clearly with ILI's description, in your opinion?
    Aspergers are unintuitive, and heavily autistic people have no imagination whatsover.

    People with Asperger's demand rutine. They'll have a fit if their rutine is broken somehow.

    Asperger's have very few interests, and with those they have an obsession. While ILI's have wide range of interests, usually the interests dwell in areas that aren't mundane.

    Asperger's are very honest. ILI's actually are very deceptive, especially if they have to talk about themselves.

    Asperger's sometimes have no sense of humor.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

    INTp

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •