TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I highly doubt it, but...

Quote Originally Posted by In another thread, Transigent
    I mean, who can be sure of these things, but I am as sure as I can be. I dunno, I kinda got a 6th sense for some Betas, has to do with and . Minde is definitely an INFp, but I have already failed to convince one INFp of their INFpenis, so I doubt I could ever succeed. (Even though UDP is kinda different INFp wise, the evidence is still there.)

Hell, there are some folks on here, who have been changing types and such, being very confused, when it is kinda clear to me what types they are. There are certain things that people say and do that have importance in considering type, and some other things that are insignificant. Trying to determine which things is...well, it is pretty damn hard to do, but crucial when you try to pick out types.
    Out of curiosity, why would you (or anyone else) consider me an INFp?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really thought about your type, to be honest. You've never stood out to me.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way. You remind me of rockclimber, by the way.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that Transigent said you and I are the same type - INFp - does not mean you are not INFj.

You seem to be very Te>Ti.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I strongly suspect you're INFj, Minde. Your recent religious explanation (in the valley of the shadow of death thread, I think?) struck me as being fairly Ne. And your Fi is difficult to overlook, although hard to describe in the form of evidence. It's just a certain aura you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I was referring to as sounding Ne:
    Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    So, there's God. He's the creator of everything, including all life. He gives and sustains life.

Not only is he the creator of everything, he is holy. "Holy" is one of those funny church words that basically means set apart. He is perfect, the essence and definition of goodness. (This is one of the points where I could keep going, but that's a good summary, I think.)

Normally, when we think of something that is clean, we think of something that can get dirty, so we keep it away from dirt. But God's cleanness is not like that; it's pretty much the opposite. Anything that comes into his presence is either purified or destroyed.

So, things that are not good can't get near God. Now, remember, God is the giver and sustainer of life. Sin (bad things we do) separates us from God, since he's holy. What happens when you take away something that's sustaining life? Yes, that's right, death.

God is just, in addition to being holy. There's two sides to justice - discerning and pronouncing the appropriate consequences, and carrying through on those consequences. It wouldn't be justice without those two parts. So, as a just God, the only right thing he can do in response to the wrong we do is to separate us from him. Which, as I pointed out, means we die and get separated from everything that is good (some people like to call such a state "hell").

Good thing the story doesn't end there.

I pity your souls

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't that Fi^[sup:88917b8f3a]infinity[/sup:88917b8f3a]?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the content, but the way of explaining it? It sounds like my writing style, at any rate, and I'm supposedly oh-so-Ne.

I pity your souls

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro
    Maybe the content, but the way of explaining it? It sounds like my writing style, at any rate, and I'm supposedly oh-so-Ne.
    Oh, yes, I meant the content
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minde values . Also, her descriptions of the people she knows are consistent with her relationships with them as INFj. I think a whole lot of information would have to be seriously wrong for her to be INFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And let's not forget about her interactions with some of the people here.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minde is INFj.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

infj-ay. definitely get the supervision vibes from her! :-) which is not necessarily a bad thing...

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see Minde as a definate INFj. Theres something cute about her little flower and even her name Minde.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Maybe we can see how similar you are to one INFj here, and that is Baby/Scrummy/Hole-in-the-Arm Bohemian Guy.
    You relish every minute of this game, don't you? No reason for you to stop now. People do play along because it gives them a chance to talk about themselves.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL
    ENTp

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're a silly goose, Transigent.

Thank you, Baby, for the clarification.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not just doing it for random reasons to cause a fuss. I just noticed something that reminded me of many INFps. Hell, I at least got UDP in the right quadra.

The religion things prove nothing, as it isn't something Minde made up herself, so we can't really draw any conclusions from it. Besides, if you were to draw conclusions, I think you would be seriously mistaken to say > for religion. You break the law, you pay forever? God=good, and pure good and pure evil don't mix. Etc. This is all some type of reasoning.

Anyway, like I said, all these things are taught dogmas, and have been around for a while, so it can't really tell us anything type wise.

Oh well, you seem pretty confident in your INFj-ness, so good for you and eyey-ting, but you just seemed too "sure" or whatever to be an INFj (unlike Baby/Scrummy/Silly-long-moral-ranter who seems more INFj > INFp LOL.)
    ENTp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you would be seriously mistaken to say > for religion. You break the law, you pay forever? God=good, and pure good and pure evil don't mix. Etc. This is all some type of reasoning.
    I agree with this, FWIW.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The religion things prove nothing, as it isn't something Minde made up herself, so we can't really draw any conclusions from it. Besides, if you were to draw conclusions, I think you would be seriously mistaken to say > for religion. You break the law, you pay forever? God=good, and pure good and pure evil don't mix. Etc. This is all some type of reasoning.

Anyway, like I said, all these things are taught dogmas, and have been around for a while, so it can't really tell us anything type wise.
    Perhaps it would help to say that I see what I said there and elsewhere as mostly facts, not theoretical constructs. So, me saying to you that God is good is like me saying that the sun provides the earth with heat and light. Or, when I think of spiritual laws I think of them as being as real as physical laws, like gravity. To me, it's just... what is. The spiritual world is not separate from the physical. Because of that, what I believe affects what I do and who I am. And it also means that I treat spiritual matters in much the same way that I treat how I learn and interact with what I can touch and see. For example, I will revise my position as more information comes to me. There are some things I am more sure of than others. There are some things I've experienced for myself, and others that I've only heard of or observed.

Whether that's or or or what, I'm not sure.

And that's another thing. Just as science and the physical world is separate from type, but different types see it and respond to it differently, so it is with what is not physical. I don't see spiritual reality as something that you can tie to a type. I think different types of people respond differently to what they perceive of the spiritual world, or, rather, spirituality as it manifests itself. But it's all the same reality that they're responding to.

For example, my ESTp boss. He is one of the most solid and sincere Christians that I know. He is one of my spiritual role-models and mentors. But he definitely has a very different personality than me and he approaches things differently. He is very into the practical applications of what he believes. Bible studies with him usually focus on scenarios where we act upon what the Bible says, with a firm emphasis on literally interpreting Scripture with no deviation. In contrast, I'm not as focused (in some ways) and I'm more likely to start exploring connecting topics. He's more linear in his thinking, I'm a bit more cyclical. I'm also a bit softer when contradicting someone. He and I are different, but it's the same God, the same Bible, the same reality that we are in. We have come to the same conclusions, we share the same belief. I don't think it's a fluke of socionics. I just really don't think you can take spiritual beliefs in and of themselves and tie them to functions, temperaments, or dichotomies. How you approach the belief? Maybe yes. The belief itself? No.

Oh well, you seem pretty confident in your INFj-ness, so good for you and eyey-ting, but you just seemed too "sure" or whatever to be an INFj (unlike Baby/Scrummy/Silly-long-moral-ranter who seems more INFj > INFp LOL.)
    What do you mean "sure"?