Thread: How do Beta types compliment each other?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do Beta types compliment each other?

What kind of compliments do betas give each other? Im starting to think that not all Fe types compliment the same way.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very effusive compliments. ftw! =] I hate those bland, unexpressive compliments that seem lackluster. If you are going to comment someone, do it properly and with fervor!

An example of this would be (ENFj female seeing INFp female in new outfit) : "OMG, you look fucking HOT. You have great taste! Damn, now I want some more clothes.."

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to think of meaningful compliments, the ones that go almost unnoticed at first, but then really stick with people. But I rarely compliment.
    Other times, when I want to feel safer, I'll pretend I'm insulting when I'm really complimenting... you get that fake smiling protest, which is very pleasant.
    LSI

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    I tend to think of meaningful compliments, the ones that go almost unnoticed at first, but then really stick with people. But I rarely compliment.
    Other times, when I want to feel safer, I'll pretend I'm insulting when I'm really complimenting... you get that fake smiling protest, which is very pleasant.
    i get this....kind of like specific factual compliments.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I really don't give out compliments unless I truely believe what I am saying to the person. I sort of have to kinds; the ones that are to make people feel good about themselves and the ones that are more "deeper", in which cases I have made a few people cry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit
    i get this....kind of like specific factual compliments.
    Exactly. Amazing how people can sometimes understand badly and shortly explained concepts.
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Beta complement came from an ISTJ I am very close to....

He said "Your strengths are your understanding and your honestly, they are more than anyone has ever offered me.".

I always take what he has to say as monumental...especially being he is military (ranking, enlisted).
    Because he doesn't put much like that out there....so when it comes it feels very deep to me.
    I relish it, and roll around in it for days...... :wink:

*needless to say I think he is soooooooooooo friggin hot!!!!!

INTJ female regarding ISTJ male

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i rarely say compliments
    i can say compliment that will be 50% truth and 50% wanted truth - that mean when i sure it will be creative and one need just be streightened for things he did i will pick right form and will complement more potential of thing that was done than thing itself.
    i can eventually express good feedbacks.."We spent nice time, really nice.. *great simle* thank you..." and etc.
    if i tell compliment i may : use word "espessially", or anyone who will give to person i complement that its is "really-super-duper-special gratness and amsziness i just was pleased and offered by fate to found", i also can make or great huge shiny charming smile during it or opposite - to be very serious at that moment to show seriosity of things i expressing.
    i may complement w/o words, by looks , signs , semi-noticable tricky stuff leaving my complement 50% unrevealed
    complement to me should be in certain form in certain moment - then i will take it very good and will appreciate .. i like those true compliments - they somewhat constructing and helping to me...
    i dont like liars, i hate them really, but i accept right form of "building" complementing - well its ok, ibut it has GREAT potential, cmon i like things you do, just do it more , CMON. < i make those too , yep. (yes, this complement force ones to do things and its good, you know....)
    Ni Creative

there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way I compliment someone depends on whether I'm doing it in a group or one-on-one. If I compliment someone I like in a group of people I usually do it like Scarlettlux implied, over the top, making sure everyone around knows, but usually nothing too 'deep' or insightful (probably seems like flattery to other people around). But one-on-one I'm more subtle (i.e. NOT like a "you're so fucking hot" compliment but more like an "I admire how you're able to do that" compliment)
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't compliment often. My best compliments are definitely the quiet one-on-one sort, usually understated. I am effusive about external things like "omg your garden is amazing!" But when it comes to character traits or things I appreciate about a relationship, it's a lot more subtle (usually email rather than in person because I can get sort of shy when talking about that sort of thing).
    IEI-Fe 4w3