Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: Portrait of a caricatural LSI/ISTj stereotypes

  1. #1
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Portrait of a caricatural LSI/ISTj stereotypes

    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    1. LSI is narrow-minded (introtims are known to have narrow interests, but LSI is a caricature of that property).

    2. LSI is legalistic and bureaucratic - he lives on paper (who said Ti+ and Ti- was the same thing ???).

    3. LSI is a withdrawn loner (I know a LSI guy which pretty much doesn't like socialising, but I like him because he has other strengths).

    4. LSI is passive-aggressive : he's lazy and doesn't do anything but gets angry when people don't satisfy him.

    5. LSI doesn't care about problems (in contrast to LSE, which is negativist).

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy.

    7. LSI acts like a machine, with stiff movements.

    8. LSI likes order. Orderly things are beautiful by themselves (and I agree with that...).

    9. LSI does things too slowly because he wants to do them perfectly.

  2. #2
    force my hand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,334
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    I am not making a judgement call on the content, but I am curious as to what kind of discussion you're looking to get out of this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    part of things are wrong and something "mixed up" with SLI
    Ni Creative

    there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

  4. #4
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    7. LSI acts like a machine, with stiff movements.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they requiered a drop or two of oil to function properly.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    1. LSI is narrow-minded (introtims are known to have narrow interests, but LSI is a caricature of that property).

    2. LSI is legalistic and bureaucratic - he lives on paper (who said Ti+ and Ti- was the same thing ???).

    3. LSI is a withdrawn loner (I know a LSI guy which pretty much doesn't like socialising, but I like him because he has other strengths). They like social gatherings really

    4. LSI is passive-aggressive : he's lazy and doesn't do anything but gets angry when people don't satisfy him.
    They are active and not lazy. They look also somewhat extraverted sometimes but they are just active, they only act when they sure what to do, and they doing it slowly because step-by-step order, Ni 6th function etc.

    5. LSI doesn't care about problems (in contrast to LSE, which is negativist).
    Completely wrong

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy. Depends on person.

    7. LSI acts like a machine, with stiff movements.

    8. LSI likes order. Orderly things are beautiful by themselves (and I agree with that...). Order in things for LSI and order and comfort for SLI

    9. LSI does things too slowly because he wants to do them perfectly.
    The half of things are wrong.
    The type you desribes is not LSI.
    IT is much more like SLI, espessially 1st traits.
    I marked with bold completely wrong things and Wrote in italic some comments.
    Ni Creative

    there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

  6. #6
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorc

    The half of things are wrong.
    The type you desribes is not LSI.
    IT is much more like SLI, espessially 1st traits.
    I marked with bold completely wrong things and Wrote in italic some comments.
    He's actually right on everything except No. 3, No. 4, and perhaps no. 5.

    No. 3 : LSI likes social gatherings provided the boys are in town and there are things to yell at/about.

    No. 4 : LSI is typically great at forcing others into work using threats, anger and heiarchy. They may have positions lower in rank, but they will use the tactics listed to anyone who they can subordinate.

    No. 5(i am not as sure on this one, but it makes some sense) : LSI does care about problems. But tends to scoff at problems that don't affect him, or whatever institute he happens to work. ESTj will care about lots of problems such as environment, economy, etc etc. LSI is much more into promoting 'his people,' whereas ESTj is muchmore into promoting mankind.

    I think his profile is accurate. It hard not to describe Beta negatively since it is the quadra of many negative emotions. I also think Beta values are looked down upon in the US, and other strong Te countries.
    asd

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yep thats what i telling 3,4,5 are wrong and thus whole thing cant be right cause more than 30% of it is wrong completely

    LSI like socialising, LSI is kinda active and care about problems, LSI are not lazy

    I think the profile he mentioned somwehat mix of LSI and SLI, but fits SLI much more than LSI
    Ni Creative

    there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

  8. #8
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorc
    yep thats what i telling 3,4,5 are wrong and thus whole thing cant be right cause more than 30% of it is wrong completely

    LSI like socialising, LSI is kinda active and care about problems, LSI are not lazy

    I think the profile he mentioned somwehat mix of LSI and SLI, but fits SLI much more than LSI
    actually, 30% is good numbers for socionics.
    asd

  9. #9
    PotatoSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Posts
    637
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    I wouldn't be surprised if they requiered a drop or two of oil to function properly.
    Ahahahahha so true. There is a positive side though, when playing sports people enjoy your presence more, they all feel so nimble.
    LSI

  10. #10
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorc
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    1. LSI is narrow-minded (introtims are known to have narrow interests, but LSI is a caricature of that property).

    2. LSI is legalistic and bureaucratic - he lives on paper (who said Ti+ and Ti- was the same thing ???).

    3. LSI is a withdrawn loner (I know a LSI guy which pretty much doesn't like socialising, but I like him because he has other strengths). They like social gatherings really

    4. LSI is passive-aggressive : he's lazy and doesn't do anything but gets angry when people don't satisfy him.
    They are active and not lazy. They look also somewhat extraverted sometimes but they are just active, they only act when they sure what to do, and they doing it slowly because step-by-step order, Ni 6th function etc.

    5. LSI doesn't care about problems (in contrast to LSE, which is negativist).
    Completely wrong

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy. Depends on person.

    7. LSI acts like a machine, with stiff movements.

    8. LSI likes order. Orderly things are beautiful by themselves (and I agree with that...). Order in things for LSI and order and comfort for SLI

    9. LSI does things too slowly because he wants to do them perfectly.
    The half of things are wrong.
    The type you desribes is not LSI.
    IT is much more like SLI, espessially 1st traits.
    I marked with bold completely wrong things and Wrote in italic some comments.
    You say this because you're EIE. It would be a good idea to start a thread caricaturing EIE.

  11. #11
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah and LIIs are just so fantastic.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    7. LSI acts like a machine, with stiff movements.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they requiered a drop or two of oil to function properly.
    They do ~ it's called appreciation. And they need a lot. My guess is that ENFjs express it best to their liking.

    Re: the original list, #4 is the most objectionable assertion.

  13. #13
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorc
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    1. LSI is narrow-minded (introtims are known to have narrow interests, but LSI is a caricature of that property).

    2. LSI is legalistic and bureaucratic - he lives on paper (who said Ti+ and Ti- was the same thing ???).

    3. LSI is a withdrawn loner (I know a LSI guy which pretty much doesn't like socialising, but I like him because he has other strengths). They like social gatherings really

    4. LSI is passive-aggressive : he's lazy and doesn't do anything but gets angry when people don't satisfy him.
    They are active and not lazy. They look also somewhat extraverted sometimes but they are just active, they only act when they sure what to do, and they doing it slowly because step-by-step order, Ni 6th function etc.

    5. LSI doesn't care about problems (in contrast to LSE, which is negativist).
    Completely wrong

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy. Depends on person.

    7. LSI acts like a machine, with stiff movements.

    8. LSI likes order. Orderly things are beautiful by themselves (and I agree with that...). Order in things for LSI and order and comfort for SLI

    9. LSI does things too slowly because he wants to do them perfectly.
    The half of things are wrong.
    The type you desribes is not LSI.
    IT is much more like SLI, espessially 1st traits.
    I marked with bold completely wrong things and Wrote in italic some comments.
    You say this because you're EIE. It would be a good idea to start a thread caricaturing EIE.
    I agree with Sorc. I think you know a couple of mistyped SLIs. And even if this is based on only LSIs, it doesn't really matter if you know one lazyass LSI who doesn't like other people's company and ignores problems. It doesn't mean those are good caricature traits for all ISTjs. To be honest, ISTjs are always described as hard-working and chatty/active in the right company. And even if it doesn't describe all ISTjs, these are the caricature traits of this type.

    Seeing your understanding of caricature, I don't think I'd like to see your version of EIE. Half of it would describe stereotypical Fe dominants (EIE and ESE mixed) and the other half would describe ENFps.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  14. #14
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with Kristiina's comments generally.

    And having watched the videos of the Sarkozy-Royal debate, I think he's LIE, and she's the LSI. Her was tougher than his and made him annoyed and uncomfortable.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    machintruc, the thing you thinking or want to be right with any thread you make not making you being right at all, espessially if your statements CONFRONTS and OPPOSE socionics descriptions and theory.
    wrong enough to be pointless
    Ni Creative

    there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

  16. #16
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I agree with Kristiina's comments generally.

    And having watched the videos of the Sarkozy-Royal debate, I think he's LIE, and she's the LSI. Her was tougher than his and made him annoyed and uncomfortable.
    This is confusing with (I believe Royal is rather ESE).

    types may display as much than (in amplitude means), but with less differentiation than .

    This explains why Sarkozy seems to appear more at times, all types do.

  17. #17
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I agree with Kristiina's comments generally.

    And having watched the videos of the Sarkozy-Royal debate, I think he's LIE, and she's the LSI. Her was tougher than his and made him annoyed and uncomfortable.
    This is confusing with (I believe Royal is rather ESE).

    types may display as much than (in amplitude means), but with less differentiation than .

    This explains why Sarkozy seems to appear more at times, all types do.
    Man you really need to check your logic...
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On a night like this
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
    I think this is completely wrong. This characteristic of alienating subordinates and appearing cold, rigid and unfriendly is manifested in the ESTj not an ISTj. An ISTj will try to create . Whereas the ESTj will appear grumpy (and will have no problem with that appearance).

    (By the way - This post by no means endorses Machintruc's other points).

    And to FDG, ALL LIIs need to check their logic - all the time.
    ISTj.

  19. #19
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
    I think this is completely wrong. This characteristic of alienating subordinates and appearing cold, rigid and unfriendly is manifested in the ESTj not an ISTj. An ISTj will try to create . Whereas the ESTj will appear grumpy (and will have no problem with that appearance).

    (By the way - This post by no means endorses Machintruc's other points).

    And to FDG, ALL LIIs need to check their logic - all the time.
    What do you have against LII ?

  20. #20
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
    I think this is completely wrong. This characteristic of alienating subordinates and appearing cold, rigid and unfriendly is manifested in the ESTj not an ISTj. An ISTj will try to create . Whereas the ESTj will appear grumpy (and will have no problem with that appearance).

    (By the way - This post by no means endorses Machintruc's other points).

    And to FDG, ALL LIIs need to check their logic - all the time.
    lol
    So the tough and serious generals who give enthusiastic combat talks are ISTjs? Cool. I love those! I also think that any good general will occasionally make an unpopular decision when need be. Otherwise they are just crappy leaders who would rather ignore the problem than let their reputation get hurt. I think ISTjs would be loved nevertheless, because they will just say that they did what they needed to do and people will understand.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  21. #21
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
    I think this is completely wrong. This characteristic of alienating subordinates and appearing cold, rigid and unfriendly is manifested in the ESTj not an ISTj. An ISTj will try to create . Whereas the ESTj will appear grumpy (and will have no problem with that appearance).

    (By the way - This post by no means endorses Machintruc's other points).

    And to FDG, ALL LIIs need to check their logic - all the time.
    lol
    So the tough and serious generals who give enthusiastic combat talks are ISTjs? Cool. I love those! I also think that any good general will occasionally make an unpopular decision when need be. Otherwise they are just crappy leaders who would rather ignore the problem than let their reputation get hurt. I think ISTjs would be loved nevertheless, because they will just say that they did what they needed to do and people will understand.
    General Patton was ISTj; but anyway, don't really expect an ISTj to be serious in his everyday life (family for example)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I AM CRACKING UP!

    Being that I tend to be drawn to male/ISTJ's...and my son is one....
    I think I always attributed their dancing 'stiff white guy' style to just being white guys with no rhythm.
    I just did a quick check in my head, and yep....each one is an ISTJ.

    ISTJ/male's dancing....WAY TOO FUNNY VISUAL!!!!

    The only thing that moves for the most part is their legs....and only their arms if they have a beer in hand bringing it to their mouth........

  23. #23
    PotatoSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bologna, Italy
    Posts
    637
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl
    ISTJ/male's dancing....WAY TOO FUNNY VISUAL!!!!

    The only thing that moves for the most part is their legs....and only their arms if they have a beer in hand bringing it to their mouth........
    You just killed my will to continue my salsa class (c:
    LSI

  24. #24
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl
    I think I always attributed their dancing 'stiff white guy' style to just being white guys with no rhythm.
    BS I AM A WHITE GUY AND I CAN MOVE EVEN MY BOWELS
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Salsa dancing comment.........OMG! thank you for making my day!



    FDG, regarding your bowels...is that meant as CAN'T? If so, your cure just may be magnesium supplements (especially if you tend to be headache prone)
    Just some friendly advice from your local INTJ with much information on strange subjects.... :wink:

  26. #26
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl
    Salsa dancing comment.........OMG! thank you for making my day!



    FDG, regarding your bowels...is that meant as CAN'T? If so, your cure just may be magnesium supplements (especially if you tend to be headache prone)
    Just some friendly advice from your local INTJ with much information on strange subjects.... :wink:
    i CAN move my BOWELS at WILL that means I CAN SHIT on peoples FACES at will...BEWARE :wink:
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    um, did you really think anyone remotely close to a BETA...ever thought anything else????
    I think you do it better with more shock value than any other out there.....


    (especially ISTJ in my opinion...they are RAW!)

    Now quit confusing me!!!! ~

  28. #28
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by islandgirl
    um, did you really think anyone remotely close to a BETA...ever thought anything else????
    I think you do it better with more shock value than any other out there.....


    (especially ISTJ in my opinion...they are RAW!)

    Now quit confusing me!!!! ~
    confusing people is my job, baby
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  29. #29
    heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,722
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    congratulations from those who aren't confused.
    asd

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On a night like this
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
    I think this is completely wrong. This characteristic of alienating subordinates and appearing cold, rigid and unfriendly is manifested in the ESTj not an ISTj. An ISTj will try to create . Whereas the ESTj will appear grumpy (and will have no problem with that appearance).

    (By the way - This post by no means endorses Machintruc's other points).

    And to FDG, ALL LIIs need to check their logic - all the time.
    What do you have against LII ?
    Nothing - they just need as their second funciton.
    ISTj.

  31. #31
    machintruc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,252
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
    I think this is completely wrong. This characteristic of alienating subordinates and appearing cold, rigid and unfriendly is manifested in the ESTj not an ISTj. An ISTj will try to create . Whereas the ESTj will appear grumpy (and will have no problem with that appearance).

    (By the way - This post by no means endorses Machintruc's other points).

    And to FDG, ALL LIIs need to check their logic - all the time.
    What do you have against LII ?
    Nothing - they just need as their second funciton.
    So LSI just need on auxilliary function.

    Intuition in function 4 leads to recklessness and narrow-mindedness. One day I asked a LSE if it would be unsafe to take the underground the day Sarkozy would be elected president. He replied "no...".

    But actually it was "yes" : there were riots in Paris and its suburbs this evening, because in France, most immigrants hate Sarkozy. So I didn't take the underground and waited for the next morning.

    SJ types are unable to evaluate risks, because they have intuition in function 4.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On a night like this
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
    I think this is completely wrong. This characteristic of alienating subordinates and appearing cold, rigid and unfriendly is manifested in the ESTj not an ISTj. An ISTj will try to create . Whereas the ESTj will appear grumpy (and will have no problem with that appearance).

    (By the way - This post by no means endorses Machintruc's other points).

    And to FDG, ALL LIIs need to check their logic - all the time.
    What do you have against LII ?
    Nothing - they just need as their second funciton.
    So LSI just need on auxilliary function.

    Intuition in function 4 leads to recklessness and narrow-mindedness. One day I asked a LSE if it would be unsafe to take the underground the day Sarkozy would be elected president. He replied "no...".

    But actually it was "yes" : there were riots in Paris and its suburbs this evening, because in France, most immigrants hate Sarkozy. So I didn't take the underground and waited for the next morning.

    SJ types are unable to evaluate risks, because they have intuition in function 4.
    That's a horrible generalisation and oversimplificaiton.

    Symptomatic of weak
    ISTj.

  33. #33
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,626
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BUUURRRRRN

  34. #34
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    That's a horrible generalisation and oversimplificaiton.

    Symptomatic of weak
    Hahaha
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  35. #35
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My dads anything but lazy. He works far too hard. Hes been fixing things for 5 hours a day for the last few months and then he goes and does our tax etc
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    94
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Portrait of a caricatural LSI

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_maguoo
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
    (remember - this is a caricature, like Ganin's "uncovered" descriptions)

    6. LSI is a bad leader - although he likes to command (like all J-types do), people won't like his leading style, because he can appear too cold, rigid and unfriendly to people he leads, and become unpopular (IT types are statistically the most at ease when taking unpopular decisions and measures). Think of my president, Nicolas Sarkozy.
    I think this is completely wrong. This characteristic of alienating subordinates and appearing cold, rigid and unfriendly is manifested in the ESTj not an ISTj. An ISTj will try to create . Whereas the ESTj will appear grumpy (and will have no problem with that appearance).

    (By the way - This post by no means endorses Machintruc's other points).

    And to FDG, ALL LIIs need to check their logic - all the time.
    What do you have against LII ?
    Nothing - they just need as their second funciton.
    So LSI just need on auxilliary function.

    Intuition in function 4 leads to recklessness and narrow-mindedness. One day I asked a LSE if it would be unsafe to take the underground the day Sarkozy would be elected president. He replied "no...".

    But actually it was "yes" : there were riots in Paris and its suburbs this evening, because in France, most immigrants hate Sarkozy. So I didn't take the underground and waited for the next morning.

    SJ types are unable to evaluate risks, because they have intuition in function 4.
    That's a horrible generalisation and oversimplificaiton.

    Symptomatic of weak
    ^^ this
    Ni Creative

    there are 3 levels of sword mastery :
    1.: ability to win with sword in your hand.
    2.: ability to win without sword in your hand, but in your soul.
    3, and the hightest one: without having sword nor in hand not in soul be able to win and bring peace to people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •