Thread: People patterns

Default People patterns

I thought it would be interesting to see if there are any patterns in these 3 fields-

'The16types'

Starsign (Astrology)

Life Path number (Numerology)

I understand that some people could think the last two to be rather whimsical rather than being a social science but please don't be put off by this. I gather most people know their starsign, but if you don't know how to calculate your lifepath number then visit here http://www.psychics.co.uk/numerology/

Under this initial post I will start the data collection with my own 3 results (for want of a better word) and it would be great if others would follow and do the same.

ENFP
    Gemini

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One problem, your link doesn't seem to have anywhere that it will calculate my number for me... am I just missing it?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    One problem, your link doesn't seem to have anywhere that it will calculate my number for me... am I just missing it?
    AFAICT, you take the month of your birth (1-12) and if it's two-digits, add it together. That's the "Master Number" (whatever that means). Then you add the day of your birth (1-31) together similarly, and add it to the Master Number. Then you add the year similarly and add it to the sum you got before. Then combine those digits.

I got 3 (1 Master Number).

My bullshit sense is tingling, though. (For numerology anyway.)

Oh, and I'm Capricorn, for what it's worth. Not sure of Socionics yet. What you presently see in my sig is not intended to be taken seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Sorry, it took me a while to find one where you don't have to give out an email for the calculation. Its pretty simple maths, but in the 3 boxes just add your DOB and clicking the 'forcast' button will then reviel your number.

http://www.psychics.co.uk/numerology/ (updated in opening post)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFJ
    Cancer

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hay...

IEI
    Pisces
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp
    Taurus

You have a Life Path Number 1. Route of conquerors, individuals and eccentrics.

Man i dislike star signs Intensely. The women at work used to talk about them non stop. My god it annoyed me. Taurus are supposed to be stubborn etc and defiant. Im not really like a typical taurus at all. Then they say well you're Taurus with mercury rising or something. GRRRRR!
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aries

You have a Life Path 11. The route of intuitive people, visionaries and self-taught persons.

It symbolises a life of inspiration and/or mastery. This itinerary favours success, ambitious and original accomplishments. It can put you on a social, cultural, political or religious route, or into the role of a leader. More modestly, this path can be link with the ability to teach, an attraction for communication or persuasion. You will be confronted by events that will encourage listening, psychology, intuition and some of your inner richness. However, it is necessary not to search for material success by egoism or pride ; this would only bring difficulties. The number 11 vibration is synonymous with inspiration, panache, knowledge, intelligence but also psychological ascendancy and creativity. These are the qualities that must motivate you. If you are capable of altruism and good sense, this path can only be positive.

It will be necessary for you to develop well your ability for inspiration, inner listening (but without making hasty conclusions) and to cultivate a strong personality, capable of patience as well as rapid decision making. This balance will be indispensable for you and faced with others in order not to fall into the classical excess of this path : superiority complex, desire to dominate, intolerance, incoherence and disinterest in domestic obligations. Use the great energy of this vibration to advance in the right direction, to take on big responsibilities, to share your thoughts, knowledge and intuitions with others. Magnetism and sense of contact will be your assets on this route.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter's an Aquarius and apparently a 6 in numerology.

You have a Life Path 6. The route of responsibilities, conciliation, helpfulness and often of the aesthetics.

Prepare yourself for a vast program of responsibilities in all areas. A strong destiny for your free-will with a lot of choices to make, if possible in a positive and ambitious way rather than with hesitation or discord. A destiny which can correspond to a rapid ascension towards an important position (with numerous responsibilities) in the social, financial, political or media areas. More commonly a principal family role. The master of the house (host, hostess) who harmonises, decides and reconciles. A flexible path of interpersonal harmonisation where it will be necessary to chose well your principal orientations of life and relational environment. The others important points of reference for this path will be the taste for beautiful things, love and a sense of helpfulness. You will live situations where marriage, the family and listening will play a big role. You will be brought to judge, to balance and to help. The number 6 path can also symbolise responsibilities seen as burdens or trials, an excessive perfectionism, a tendency to interfere in other peoples affairs. The lesson being to assume responsibility but not to overload yourself with them. Don't be too demanding with others, prove that you are harmonious enough to live a positive number 6 path.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sagittarius
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Aries

You have a Life Path 11. The route of intuitive people, visionaries and self-taught persons.

It symbolises a life of inspiration and/or mastery. This itinerary favours success, ambitious and original accomplishments. It can put you on a social, cultural, political or religious route, or into the role of a leader. More modestly, this path can be link with the ability to teach, an attraction for communication or persuasion. You will be confronted by events that will encourage listening, psychology, intuition and some of your inner richness. However, it is necessary not to search for material success by egoism or pride ; this would only bring difficulties. The number 11 vibration is synonymous with inspiration, panache, knowledge, intelligence but also psychological ascendancy and creativity. These are the qualities that must motivate you. If you are capable of altruism and good sense, this path can only be positive.

It will be necessary for you to develop well your ability for inspiration, inner listening (but without making hasty conclusions) and to cultivate a strong personality, capable of patience as well as rapid decision making. This balance will be indispensable for you and faced with others in order not to fall into the classical excess of this path : superiority complex, desire to dominate, intolerance, incoherence and disinterest in domestic obligations. Use the great energy of this vibration to advance in the right direction, to take on big responsibilities, to share your thoughts, knowledge and intuitions with others. Magnetism and sense of contact will be your assets on this route.
    i'm an 11 as well.

virgo

INTp as far as i know but recent events make me think a dominant might be more likely hah.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp
    Cancer
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Libra

You have a Life Path 8. The route for the bold and materialists.
    You have come to this life to deal with the notions of power, social recognition, material and financial achievement. The Life Path 8 does not say whether you will have or have not got power. It simply indicates that these notions will mark your life a lot, actively or reactively. You will be confronted by authority, financial gains, important material accomplishments, brilliant successes but probably also losses, bad failures and even accidents. In short, all that have a certain calibre in good as in bad. It is, therefore, a powerful but unstable path. You will have quite a few things to master in your life. Back away if necessary, but don't give up ! Welcome qualities : a lot of attention, a particular sense of balance, good judgement and vigour. It is often by this path that great successes happen (but also financial failures). Your life is placed under this vibration, it is necessary for you to understand and make the most of it, to develop your fighting spirit and your mastery. Your personal balance and your capacity to stay centered (to occupy the field) without going to extremes, will be your major assets. Please note that you can use this potential power fully or choose not to. In this case, you risk being regularly confronted by situations where you have to face attempt of reduction or dispossession of your power.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

entp

gemini

i read the 4 description and it's way off.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's instead of producing and analyzing 1000 results, just support you with the answer.

There is no pattern between those three typologies.

Wondering if there could be one, will do nothing more then provide us with a clue of your attitude towards scientific reasoning.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record:

ILI
    Capricorn
    Lifepath 6

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My astrological description fits me well. The numerology one there fits okay, but I don't really know much about the theory.

I think the parts about "marrying up" and "good breeding" and being widowed young are bullshit, but other than that, these descriptions are right on.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do any other descriptions fit you? If they had the name of the sign taken away, could you pick which description was yours?
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'd have to read 156 different descriptions if I wanted to pick them like that.... so no.

But I see what you're saying. I do think that these are close enough to what I'm actually like that I'd pick them over other ones. I've read other people's to them before and have never seen any that fit me better. Like I said though, those specific parts I mentioned would make me relate to the description less though. Especially that "marry up" bullshit.
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like me

You have a Life Path 9. The route of idealists.

You have chosen to know the experience of the ideal, the noble causes, of the sensitivity and the great horizons. It is a path which favours travels, external and internal. This route will offer you a lot of experiences, instructive meetings and the possibility to cultivate your talent but also a particular sensitivity often turn towards altruism. The figure 9 symbolises the end of a cycle and the beginning of the following one that will be lived with a higher level of consciousness. If you are able to free yourself from the hold of material contingencies of your life, you can establish these ideas and realise your vocation. This path can drive you towards greater horizons, familiarise you with more vast perspectives across culture, ecology, research, teaching, travelling, meeting people, altruism, humanism, sometimes with a large public. It is also an itinerary of emotions, internal travels, knowledge, unselfish action, avant-garde ideas which will imply your sensitivity, subtlety and open-mindedness. You will have to face some passionate events with profound repercussions (for you). Overall, a path of success and protection, favourable to travellers and altruistic, tolerant people as well as all those who will have known how to turn their sensitivity into a talent. But be careful not to get lost in impulses or passions that overtake you. It will be important to develop a certain prudence. In some cases take a back seat so as not to be dragged along toward ambiguous objective or into a tendency for illusions and sadness. Keep your spirits high, while holding on firmly to the helm of your life. Learn to open yourself to the world but without forgetting, neglecting yourself or you will risk disappointments and even losses. This until you understand that it is a matter of a bad approach on your part because your base support must be found within yourself and not outside.

Famous people with a Life Path 9 :
    Charles Lindberg (first Atlantic crossing by plane), Baden Powell, M. Gandhi, La Fayette, Edmund Hillary (first on Mt. Everest), Jean-jacques Rousseau (famous social writer), Elvis Presley, Brigitte Bardot.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, that sounds a lot like me. Combine it with the Conceptualizer Director profile I listed before, and I say that is a good portrait of "who I am".
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that interesting, joy is the scorpio the moon? I have a scorpio moon and aries venus and am aquarius rising too!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(venus?)
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTj
    Gemini

I'm noticing a big ass similarity between the descriptions of the numerological types and the Enneagram ones. The correlation isn't perfect but it's pretty close.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy

(venus?)
    lol yeah i was afraid to put that for risk of sounding too nutty. But I wanted to show the similarities. Venus is also some astrology thing that is important to relations or whatever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics type: INTp
    Star sign: Capricorn (Oh wow, I'm a friggin' goat)
    Life path number: 8

I really wish numerology websites would stop telling me to stop being selfish and miserly and become selfless and charitable. I DEFINE MY OWN VALUES IN LIFE YOU SELF-RIGHTEOUS BASTARDS, STOP TELLING ME HOW TO LIVE.

Aside from the varying descriptions though, I'd say life path 8 summarises me well. I haven't read much into astrology, but I generally disagree with what I've seen for Capricorn (the descriptions I've read in the past mainly imply I'm conservative and traditionalist, amongst other things. I think I identified with some parts, but it was that which I disagreed with most.. and that's all I remember from them.. meh)
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so that's not your run then (gotcha)
    SEE