Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 48

Thread: INTjs are vulnerable in the emotional area?

  1. #1
    Creepy-joseph

    Default INTjs are vulnerable in the emotional area?

    Can someone explain this ?
    -------------
    INTJs are vulnerable in the emotional area and may make serious mistakes here

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Home of the Wrong Way Drivers
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Like the perpetual scowl-on-the-face to scare off any potential threats?
    INTj Mathematician -- "What, me worry?"

    "As intelligence increases, happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs." -- Lisa Simpson

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Home of the Wrong Way Drivers
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I look people in their eyes if I'm having an interesting conversation with them.
    INTj Mathematician -- "What, me worry?"

    "As intelligence increases, happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs." -- Lisa Simpson

  4. #4
    MysticSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,993
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "or never EVER looking anyone in the eyes (or is that just me?)"

    People always complain to me about that.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

    "Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I look people in the eyes when they're talking to me, but when I talk to them I have trouble. Not sure why. Maybe because I BS so much, and I'm afraid they can see it.

    Sorry, wrong type.

  6. #6
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My INTj is rather emotionally numb, and used to be even more so (perhaps even entirely). When he was a teenager he had this little "how easily can I break this person?" game, but then he broke the wrong person...

    Then he met my sister an saw that he couldn't break her because she was already broken. He decided to try to fix her instead. Problem with that is that you cannot fix a person. People always have to fix themselves, and they don't do it unless they want to. I wanted to her to date him orginally, but when she got engaged I gave up on that idea and decided to keep him for myself.

    Pedro, does the INTj do the crushing or is he the one being crushed?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Home of the Wrong Way Drivers
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pedro means INTj is the one getting crushed.
    INTj Mathematician -- "What, me worry?"

    "As intelligence increases, happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs." -- Lisa Simpson

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Home of the Wrong Way Drivers
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    in this context however i meant they could be crushed. they have to be alive first though.
    What do you mean by "being alive?"
    INTj Mathematician -- "What, me worry?"

    "As intelligence increases, happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs." -- Lisa Simpson

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Home of the Wrong Way Drivers
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In this point of my life, I do feel that I am a robot most of the time. Sometimes I do feel slightly depressed because I never get the opportunity to express my emotions with anyone. And I am painfully aware that I'm missing out on so much in the world.

    I'm at the point where I would prefer getting emotionally crushed to living a life devoid of any emotions, positive or negative. What I wouldn't give to feel like a human being every once in a while...
    INTj Mathematician -- "What, me worry?"

    "As intelligence increases, happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs." -- Lisa Simpson

  10. #10
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, it's all about realizing that you can't expect to only experience only pleasant things. So many people are afraid of getting hurt.... well guess what, it's going to happen. There's no way to experience a positvie emotion and still protect yourself from the equivilent negative emotion.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  11. #11
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    DISCLAIMER: The below may make me look like I am an asshole, but you don't know the full story so don't pass judgement on me by what you read. As hot and sexy sweet INTj females are, this particular one made me very angry.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just crushed an INTj the other day... she left a mean message on my answering machine and it pissed me off. It was one of those things a person could have and should have worded differently but she knew if she said it that way it would hurt my feelings. I have done this girl alot of favors and her and I had grown quite attached to one another. Because of this the message seemed extrememly harsh and offensive(but in a disguised sort of way). I told her off and then also left a message for her ex-boyfriend telling him some things I thought he should know about her, such as how she had been contemplating cheating on him since april of this year until she broke up with him less than a month ago. I posted evil comments on her livejournals, part of her secure little personal world, you know? The next day all of her livejournals were deleted. I crushed a big part of her. There some choice words I selected deliberately to destroy her confidence because she hurt mine.

    they say "an I for an eye" but with me, if someone takes my eye I rip their heart out and shove it up a choice place. But I don't drag it out. What's done is done. She knows she messed with the wrong person. I just hope the emotional damage wasn't too extreme.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My God Waddles, you can be a real asshole ... you tried to do the same thing by crushing my confidence back when you had something out for me for whatever reason, but it did not work.

    And how was this INTj girl threatening enough to try to do that shit to her?

    By the way, that "crushing the confidence" thing is something ENTps have a tendency to want to do when there is "competition" ... I had another real life ENTp try to do this to me over a girl who liked both of us in college ... it did not work then either, because I always saw past his FLUFF and neutralized him by placing inpedance on him. Typical ENTp BS ...

    Quote Originally Posted by waddles w
    DISCLAIMER: The below may make me look like I am an asshole, but you don't know the full story so don't pass judgement on me by what you read. As hot and sexy sweet INTj females are, this particular one made me very angry.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just crushed an INTj the other day... she left a mean message on my answering machine and it pissed me off. It was one of those things a person could have and should have worded differently but she knew if she said it that way it would hurt my feelings. I have done this girl alot of favors and her and I had grown quite attached to one another. Because of this the message seemed extrememly harsh and offensive(but in a disguised sort of way). I told her off and then also left a message for her ex-boyfriend telling him some things I thought he should know about her, such as how she had been contemplating cheating on him since april of this year until she broke up with him less than a month ago. I posted evil comments on her livejournals, part of her secure little personal world, you know? The next day all of her livejournals were deleted. I crushed a big part of her. There some choice words I selected deliberately to destroy her confidence because she hurt mine.

    they say "an I for an eye" but with me, if someone takes my eye I rip their heart out and shove it up a choice place. But I don't drag it out. What's done is done. She knows she messed with the wrong person. I just hope the emotional damage wasn't too extreme.

  13. #13
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, I might seem like an asshole, maybe I am. But hey, at least I'm honest.

    But the girl was a real asshole as well, i mean, there are other things I am not saying about her.

    And anyone's confidence can be destroyed. This isn't a "Type" thing, it's called being human. If I'm "evil" or an "asshole" its because I have a good reason for it (in my opinion) usually it gets things done or tosses out any unnecessary clutter(certain people) so I can focus on the real point. But I always love a battle, a fight. That's when I feel most alive.

    Do I feel guilty? yeah, I do. But when you do as much for someone as I did and were mislead like I was, well, you have to do what you have to do.

  14. #14
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    but no, it didn't really have to do with competition, had more to do with me just not getting what I wanted and worked so hard to get (sex). She knew what I wanted from the start and she knew we were both getting into it for that... then she starts to misdirect the point to other things and avoiding having a mature face to face discussion about her feelings.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Home of the Wrong Way Drivers
    Posts
    47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    waddles, what's the point of "working so hard" to have sex with someone? If it's proving to be too difficult or time-consuming, you should find someone who doesn't make it so tedious.
    INTj Mathematician -- "What, me worry?"

    "As intelligence increases, happiness goes down. See, I made a graph. I make a lot of graphs." -- Lisa Simpson

  16. #16
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yup, you're absolutely right! But I'm ENTp! of course I would do something dumb like that!

  17. #17
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waddles w
    And anyone's confidence can be destroyed. This isn't a "Type" thing, it's called being human. If I'm "evil" or an "asshole" its because I have a good reason for it (in my opinion) usually it gets things done or tosses out any unnecessary clutter(certain people) so I can focus on the real point. But I always love a battle, a fight. That's when I feel most alive.

    Do I feel guilty? yeah, I do. But when you do as much for someone as I did and were mislead like I was, well, you have to do what you have to do.
    Socionics is a problematic thing when people use it to intentionally hurt other people and mess with their vulnerabilities. yuck.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ich bin ein ubel glied
    Posts
    8,198
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waddles w
    yup, you're absolutely right! But I'm ENTp! of course I would do something dumb like that!
    I can actually relate to this ... I have absolutly no clue how to start a relationship the right way either. ENTps can just have this crappy way of viewing relationships that screws them over in the end. Sad, very very sad.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waddles w
    DISCLAIMER: The below may make me look like I am an asshole, but you don't know the full story so don't pass judgement on me by what you read. As hot and sexy sweet INTj females are, this particular one made me very angry.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just crushed an INTj the other day... she left a mean message on my answering machine and it pissed me off. It was one of those things a person could have and should have worded differently but she knew if she said it that way it would hurt my feelings. I have done this girl alot of favors and her and I had grown quite attached to one another. Because of this the message seemed extrememly harsh and offensive(but in a disguised sort of way). I told her off and then also left a message for her ex-boyfriend telling him some things I thought he should know about her, such as how she had been contemplating cheating on him since april of this year until she broke up with him less than a month ago. I posted evil comments on her livejournals, part of her secure little personal world, you know? The next day all of her livejournals were deleted. I crushed a big part of her. There some choice words I selected deliberately to destroy her confidence because she hurt mine.

    they say "an I for an eye" but with me, if someone takes my eye I rip their heart out and shove it up a choice place. But I don't drag it out. What's done is done. She knows she messed with the wrong person. I just hope the emotional damage wasn't too extreme.
    Whoa, wads.

    That doesn't sounds like you. Why do you think you reacted so strongly?
    Entp
    ILE

  20. #20
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze

    Whoa, wads.

    That doesn't sounds like you. Why do you think you reacted so strongly?
    The only way that I can rationalize it (if I try to do this from an ethical stand-point I'll get lost in a world I can't make sense of) is that I was hurt really bad, plain and simple. I was with someone I thought I could trust, that I thought cared about me enough to tell me the truth...

    but see, here is the paradox. Didn't I just want her for sex? or did I feel something else? To this day I have no idea how I felt.

    all I knew was to crush ridicule and destroy her because otherwise all the good and nice things I said- all the extra energy I dedicated and spent on her, she would have it all and I'd have nothing of any value. Every nice remark, letter, emotion, all for nothing. I had to cancel it out, I had to ruin her very being in the process. maybe in the wild something like this is a survival mechanism, i don't know. I try to explain the ethics and I will only contradict myself because to me both extremes are true.

  21. #21
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    But yeah, you guys don't know me personally, or what this girl put me through. Anyone that knows me will agree that I almost always mean the best for people. and @ blaze, yeah, most people that know me would say the same thing. "I never would have thought he'd do something like that!"

    no one is to blame and no one can blame me for my response, it was just destined to happen. I think that the situation is good for anyone to learn from, i really do. I learned alot from it so perhaps in the future I will write more about it.

  22. #22
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    waddles w: perhaps you were into the chase and had decided that sex was the prize, not because of the sex but because there had to be a definitive goal in order to know for sure that you'd reached it.

    I know the reason I picked my INTj is because he was the only person I knew who would make me work for what I wanted, which with him, the prize was him saying that he'd be with me. It seemed that any other option worth anything was just too easy.

    So...... you took on a challenge and failed. It was a blow to your self-worth. And you had feelings for her too, so you felt rejected on top of not winning the prize. It's insult on injury.

    My question is this.... did you ask yourself WHY she did something to hurt you? I've got a hunch that you did something that upset her, and instead of telling you, she decided to hurt you like you had hurt her... and then you mistook her way of telling you that she was hurt for her trying to destroy you and the whole situation escalated.

    Yes, her little plan backfired, as did yours. No one won. Perhaps she was offended that sex was the prize and wanted to be appreciated for something else. She was obviously hurting if she had just ended a long term relationship. She was probably having a self-worth and a self-identity issue. Had you ignored her for a few days? Perhaps she missed you and was trying to get your attention? We xNTxs have odd ways of looking for attention...

    Yes, INTjs certainly do live in their minds. It is their refuge. She had let you into hers. Sabatoge from the inside is certainly the only way an INTj fortress could fall. You are very important to her.

    My guess is that while she was with this guy, she was talking to you and playing that little "flirting" game because she thought she had found someone who really understood and still wanted her. She obviously had feelings for you or she wouldn't have considered cheating, which INTjs find illogical. She felt genuinely appreciated for who she is, something her non-xNTx boyfriend couldn't grasp (am I right?). Perhaps she feared that if she broke up with her boyfriend she would suddenly find that you had lost interest in her, or that her worst fears had been realized... that you only wanted to get laid.

    So.... did you fail to give her as much attention after the break up as you did before? Did you assume that the breakup meant that you'd get to have sex with her? Did you push things too fast and offend her when she really just needed a friend fo rhte time being? Perhaps she was in a horrible mood because of the breakup and took it out on you because she thought her friendship with you could withstand a little venting? Or did you act even sweeter, causing her to fear her own feelings? Whatever the case, she was insecure and so were you. That's probably why things exploded.

    Ummmm.... I dunno.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  23. #23
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Joy, VERY good interpretation. Very true in alot of ways.

    Yes, I understand the INTj female ways pretty well (not as well as any female understands emotion, though). In many ways you are quite accurate, much of this situation was aggravated by her being with someone and much of it was further aggravated by the fact that we wanted/needed different things. And the namecalling is just a product of irrationality and childishness which was brought on by tension from alot of angles and so forth.

    But when you are IN the situation you can't look at it through rational eyes, that's the worst part. Especially when you naturally can't handle a situation like that in the first place.

    It started with us admitting a sexual attraction, keep that in mind.

    But I'll tell you the basic just of what happened in the end. The girl invites me to her dorm a few weeks back to visit her. Now she knows I have feelings for her, and she knows I am going up there with the assumption that she has feelings for me, flat out. So I go to Cortland NY, which was like a 5 hour drive or something, just to see her. We both told eachother how much we missed one another, how much we wanted to see one another, etc... etc...

    Basically it was an "we like one another although we are unsure of where it is going" sort of thing. We did so many things together. We were writing a story together, we would draw together, make comics. it was a great friendship and I shared alot of things with her.

    So I get there and she makes me take her and her roomates to this diner, which was alright, cool, got to meet her roommate and stuff, whatever. But the whole way through she has this cold attitude for me, don't know why, don't understand it, and it's pissing me off. Eventually the night passes on and we do nothing but sit in her dorm room until she decides to go see a movie with me. We go, and during it I move to hold her hand because we had been doing that before she left, and I assumed maybe she was just shy or a little uncomfortable(deep down I knew she just didn't like me anymore). So I grab her hand and its lifeless, cold, uninterested. So I just let it go, sorta lightly throwing it back at her in a way which can only say "well, go fuck yourself".

    We leave the movie and I pretend like that incident didn't happen. We were still talking like usual, but it was notably cold(like any mirror relationship can be) and I just sort of went with it. We go back to her dorm and she wants to write the story with me, but she has to get ready for bed. She is doing that and I lay on the floor on the sleeping bag she layed out for me and I say "so, what are you thinking about?" It was pretty clear I was saying "what the hell are you doing to me here?" she brings up something completely unrelated to me, typical of INTj's, such as "i am wondering why my CD player is..." whatever. So I just lay there and start getting pissed. I realized she was going to avoid discussing "us" like she always had, and just preoccupy herself with herself and pretend like I live next door or something.

    We write in the little story, blah blah blah, and I get to talking to her. She lays and bed, I sit at the other end. I started talking to her about how important she is to me and how much I care about her and stuff. I say how beautiful I think she is and she just goes "thanks" or "yeah, I know" or something. No feedback, no nice remarks, just calculated insults. and she just goes to sleep at like midnight. So I'm sitting there like an idiot and eventually decide to go to sleep. Her roommate and the girl next door come back just as i turn the lights out. They clearly were like "what?" they expected to see us making out, which I expected to be doing as well. We werent though, i was just kneeling on the floor about to get into my sleeping bag.

    I couldn't sleep at that point so I spend the night with the two of them and they get to talking about the girl I went to visit. Apparently she, who doesn't drink, brought some drunk guy into the room and made out with him the night before. This all took me by surprise because this girl wouldn't even touch me. I was hurt and also concerned.

    I talk with them till 3am and had fun. I was pissed and hurt though, because I drove five hours to visit her, was watching her pet rat for her, and had basically spent an hour telling her how important I thought she was to me. So I left the next day pretty early, didn't even get to brush my teeth. I sorta told her I knew what was up and wanted and explanation but she treated me like I was prying into her personal business, which I wasn't, Im sure. I give her a careful kiss good bye(paranoid about my breath) and leave. turned out i got a parking ticket, a spot she suggested i park in. bad omen.

    We get in an argument over the phone, a couple of weeks later she picks her rat up and a couple days after that she leaves this message telling me that out of all the guys she has ever kissed I was the worst(we had "made out" if you want to call it that, in a parking garage because before she left she started acting like she didn't want to be alone with me anymore... then she got warmed up again over the telephone). obviously people warm up differently and I don't think I am a bad kisser(she just sat there all cold like she'll always be). but basically it still crushed my confidence in myself. I have never felt like "that guy" who the girl just amuses herself with. I never thought I was the guy that is "the friend who can never make it in". She never really gave me that impression... well, at least she never said it flat out.

    But anyway, that's when I launched my counter-offensive.

    Shit, I got to go to work. I left some out, but you get the point.

    Basically, I should have left when I had the chance.

  24. #24
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmmmmmmm this girl ought to date an ExFx. There's a song I'm reminded of....

    Vertical Horizon
    Everything You Want

    Somewhere there's speaking
    It's already coming in
    Oh, and it's rising at the back of your mind

    You never could get it
    Unless you were fed it
    Now you're here and you don't know why

    But under skinned knees
    And the skid marks
    Past the places where you used to learn

    You howl and listen
    Listen and wait for the
    Echoes of angels who won't return

    He's everything you want
    He's everything you need
    He's everything inside of you
    That you wish you could be
    He says all the right things
    At exactly the right time
    But he means nothing to you
    And you don't know why

    You're waiting for someone
    To put you together
    You're waiting for someone to push you away

    There's always another
    Wound to discover
    There's always something more you wish he'd say

    He's everything you want
    He's everything you need
    He's everything inside of you
    That you wish you could be
    He says all the right things
    At exactly the right time
    But he means nothing to you
    And you don't know why

    But you'll just sit tight
    And watch it unwind
    It's only what you're asking for
    And you'll be just fine
    With all of your time
    It's only what you're waiting for

    Out of the island
    Into the highway
    Past the places where you might have turned

    You never did notice
    But you still hide away
    The anger of angels who won't return

    He's everything you want
    He's everything you need
    He's everything inside of you
    That you wish you could be
    He says all the right things
    At exactly the right time
    But he means nothing to you
    And you don't know why

    I am everything you want
    I am everything you need
    I am everything inside of you
    That you wish you could be
    I say all the right things
    At exactly the right time
    But I mean nothing to you
    And I don't know why

    And I don't know
    Why
    Why

    And I don't know
    She is hurting. She made out with the drunk idiot becuse there was no risk involved, no emotional invlolvement. She was lonely and found a warm body.

    I'm not saying that she's evil, just that she's not ready. She sounds like she's more effort than she's worth. Cut your losses and move on. Cmon, you're an ENTp... there has to be another worthy challenge in the midst. Go for an IxFx this time!

    Be angry, be sad, be whatever, but be those things in the part of your mind that does not direct your actions... Always consider as many perspectives on a situation as possible before acting. AND ALWAYS remember that unnecessary hostility=insecurity.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Evil love tactics is what I call her actions (and yours BTW). Sure, she's hurting so she's going to try to get you.

    And you got her back. What a nice little memory you both have now.

    Maybe better, though, than talking about your feelings with someone who's been vindictive towards you. I mean what are you really going to do with someone like that? Where's the feelings discussion going to get ya?

    I usually want to retaliate when someone gets me. It's like a self respect thing. I'm never sure about all the feelings I have about myself after I retaliate though and whether it's worth it or not.
    Entp
    ILE

  26. #26
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, I have learned now to give it up. It was a situation I knew from the start would be a disaster. An INFp friend of mine said to me that she always seemed more like a conquest than a love interest. I'd say I agree.

    Revenge worth it? I'm not sure. It was all bound to be, it happens, its sucks, it hurts. What's sad is all we shared together means nothing now and that she never had the guts to put her feelings down plain and simple. she just dragged it out with indecision and wound up driving me off the wall. I'm glad I said the things that I did to her because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to sleep at night(or during the day with my new job, for that matter).

    She could have just said it was a matter of bad chemistry... I would have agreed. Instead she had to break me down, make me insecure, and make me have to say some of the worst things I have ever said to another human being in my life. I seriously have never been so mean.

    But god, I still can't get over how far I drove to see her and how much of a waste of time it was...

    God, wady, get over it! it never meant anything anyway, you know that! It's the pride I can't let go of.

    But I'm so interested in socionics I should have foreseen this. I did. I knew it would happen, i even said it to her. "i think its going ot end with me crushing you" I said it jokingly one day but deep down I knew it. I have a long history of doing it.

    And of course its about insecurity. If my mind were a fortess the ethics would be its soft spot.

  27. #27
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    oh, @ Rmcnew- I said some of those meaner things to you the night it all happened, not that its any excuse, but I was in a bad mood.

    So it HER fault!

    j/k

  28. #28
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmmmmmmm

    Take some responsibility. Perhaps the scenario was set for things to fall into place the way that they did (and we can even ignore that you're the one who set them up that way for a moment), but that didn't mean that you HAD to do the things you did in the end. I understand that you were hurt, but good grief, you're the one that chose someone who was taken as your prize. What did this girl do initially to make it okay in your mind to mess with her life like you did? You say you knew that things would up up a mess. Now her boyfriend is gone and she's lost a valued friend, too (you).

    But what's done is done. The important thing about mistakes is to learn as much as you can from them. So what have you learned from all of this (other than that you should resist the temptation to go for those hot INTjs... trust me, I know what you mean about the hotness thing... there's something about a good challenge that just draws me right in.....)?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  29. #29
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It sounds to me like this whole thing was all about you testing your power to manipulate your environment. As an ENTp I pride myself on having unusual insight into, and therefore power over, the dynamics of my environment. I can see how I could have done something like what you described if I didn't have such an overwhelming sense of fairness and kindness. (I lean only slightly to the T side of the T/F dimension... not that I've never done anything to get back at anyone before... but when the tears start falling it makes me feel like a monster.) You really ought to do some soul searching before you get involved with anyone else. You know damn well that you have all the power over people that you could wish for. With great power comes great responibility, so stop bullying the people around you. Until you have created the self-worth you need in order to be in a healthy relationship, I recommend staying uninvolved. Security and happiness are internal things. No relationship can take away loneliness or provide contentment. A relationship can only be as healthy as the least healthy person in it.

    I don't think you'll misuderstand these last two posts... but just in case I want to say that I'm not trying to be a bitch or be AT ALL condescending. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I feel I have an excellent grasp of the situation you're finding yourself in, and the things that I'm saying in a scolding manner are only intended to help you unknot this situation in your mind. And I mean what I said about bullying... my son is VERY clever and VERY energetic and VERY physically strong for his age. I do my very best to impart on him that it is important to be kind to those who are weaker than he is. This could mean standing up for the shy kid who's getting picked on, helping a timid child feel brave enough to try a ride on the tire swing and enjoy herself, or carrying something for someone who is struggling with it's size/weight. What I'm telling you is essentially the same thing. Quit pushing the weaker kids off the slide! =)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  30. #30
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    hmmmmmm maybe this should all have been put in a thread about ENTp relationships... I'm thinking of starting one....
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  31. #31
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Joy, you think I won't understand? No, I do understand every word you're saying, it all makes sense, I appreciate the time you took in it and Balze, I also appreciate your thought(that song is something I have thought of when thinking of this girl).

    But yeah, I did set the stage. It started innocently, with me just trying to get the girl's attention. I thought I failed miserably, but it turned out she was really into me. When I think back I can only wonder how much of an impact I have had on her life, probably a big one. My thoughts, ideas, impressions, they all sorta sunk in and then I had to add the harsh words to tear her apart. I must have messed her up pretty bad.

  32. #32
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So, should I apologize to her? or should I just drop it?

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    483
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    IMHO, I'd say yeah, apologize, but make it as short and simple as possible. No excuses, no opening up cans of worms or old wounds, no false hopes. Make it quick so the awkwardness can be over as soon as possible and then leave it be.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

  34. #34
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, apologize. I don't anticipate she'll be happy to hear from you, but I think it's important to tell her that she was/is a valued friend and you're sorry you where mean.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  35. #35
    Creepy-

    Default

    I think that you were a bit harsh on her. She might have been in a bad mood, and was probably a bit embarrassed when you were complementing her. When you got into an argument with her she was most likely searching for something to say. So she said you were a horrible kisser, one of those remarks I tend to make to someone when they really piss me off like your fat, lose weight type of coldness.
    IMHO, I'd say yeah, apologize, but make it as short and simple as possible. No excuses, no opening up cans of worms or old wounds, no false hopes. Make it quick so the awkwardness can be over as soon as possible and then leave it be.
    I agree...

  36. #36

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    if it were me, an apology would about completely undo the damage.

    lack of an apology would leave a wound for a long time.

    wonder why INTjs can be crushed so easily..

    if I have a row with someone NT i almost always have some understanding why they've offended or acted a certain way, and try to talk with them. and as i said, an apology would allow me to let go completely of bad feelings. i think

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd apologize. If it feels right, you might want to be honest with her about your feelings, too. Be assertive! Take responsibility for your part.

    She might not be that innocent, either.
    Entp
    ILE

  38. #38
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    that's the problem. It seemed like every time I wanted to talk seriously about the issues she would shut up and avoid it. I got so many mixed signals and just bottled them up, eventually I just let it out in the meanest way possible.

    When someone doesn't give you a clear answer, leads you on and makes you think you have a special part in their life, i guess its enough to provoke an emtionally unstable person such as myself into saying regrettable things.

    I seriously have been contemplating saying sorry, but I think she owes me a more proper and descriptive explanation of her feelings, or at least a kinder one. she never gave me that. she never was able to talk about things and it really is what drew the situation out and caused so much tension(from my perspective) I guess I should have walked out early, but I didn't. I still consider her important to me, but I can't undue what I said and since she can't express her feelings to me I am surely not going to say sorry only to have her hang up the phone and laugh at me.

    maybe I really am THAT bad at kissing. my guess is its just a chemistry thing, i mean, seriously, she wasn't good either. still gets to me though.

  39. #39
    Kim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Posts
    6,857
    Mentioned
    380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waddles w
    maybe I really am THAT bad at kissing. my guess is its just a chemistry thing, i mean, seriously, she wasn't good either. still gets to me though.
    It IS a chemistry thing. Don't even worry about it.
    “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us”
    ― Pablo Neruda

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    haha its not like telling someone they are a bad kisser in a mean way if they really are a bad kisser is like, totally ok.

    seriously, i dont think apologizing has anything to do with how the other person has acted towards you. I have to apologize for my part in things, most times. If they laugh at me they can fuck off

    Though, this hasn't really served me well. An ENT types tell me, "it must be exhausting being you" for this reason.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •