Thread: Eclecticenergies enneagram test

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i threw in 6w7 self pres variant but it gave me 6w5 sp variant. i'm content with either answer.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w8 wing, with Self-preservation variant. Second was 5th with Sexual variant . Absolutely NO group variant. ha.

an Enthusiast huh?

A few qualms with it. I almost never, if ever, plan, ANYTHING; and I don't really consider myself creative. Everything else seems on the money except for the whole 'avoids introversion' deal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one said 5 SP, balanced wings. I've always considered myself 5w4 SX/SP.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are most likely a type 7 (the Enthusiast) with 8 wing

Sexual variant

Type 7 SX
    Type 8 SO
    Type 3 SO
    Type 2 SX
    Type 6 SX
    Type 9 SX
    Type 4 SX
    Type 1 SX
    Type 5 SX

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are most likely a type 7 (the Enthusiast) with 8 wing

Sexual variant

Type 7 SX
    Type 2 SX
    Type 3 SO
    Type 8 SO
    Type 4 SX
    Type 6 SX
    Type 1 SX
    Type 9 SX
    Type 5 SX
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 7, balanced wings o_O So variant.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does it mean if the two wings of your top score are your two lowest scores?
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    What does it mean if the two wings of your top score are your two lowest scores?
    something's probably amiss, unless you intentionally manipulated the test to get these results.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not my results, and I can't see the person who took it doing that purposefully.
    SEE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankfully it was a short test. I also prefer the ones, like this, that have a range instead of an either-or.

You are most likely a type 6 (the Loyalist) with 7 wing

Sexual variant

Type 6 SX
    Type 2 SP
    Type 7 SX
    Type 4 SX
    Type 9 SX
    Type 3 SX
    Type 8 SO
    Type 5 SO
    Type 1 SP
    in the chart, type 6 was filled all the way, while
    types 2, 7, 4 were between about the 55-65%(?) mark,

The description given has been the best I've read yet from Enneagram sites. Unfortunately, everything it talks about is talking about my responses developed due to the extensive abusive situation of my childhood/teen years and thus resulting responses to similarities of that situation. In other words, it's a nurture thing, not a nature thing.
    Enneagram Type 6 - The Loyalist
    Conflicted between trust and distrust

People of this personality type essentially feel insecure, as though there is nothing quite steady enough to hold onto. At the core of the type Six personality is a kind of fear or anxiety. This anxiety has a very deep source and can manifest in a variety of different styles, making Sixes somewhat difficult to describe and to type. What all Sixes have in common however, is the fear rooted at the center of their personality, which manifests in worrying, and restless imaginings of everything that might go wrong. This tendency makes Sixes gifted at trouble shooting, but also robs the Six of much needed peace of mind and tends to deprive the personality of spontaneity. The essential anxiety at the core of the type Six fixation tends to permeate the personality with a sort of "defensive suspiciousness." Sixes don't trust easily; they are often ambivalent about others, until the person has absolutely proven herself, at which point they are likely to respond with steadfast loyalty. The loyalty of the Six is something of a two edged sword however, as Sixes are sometimes prone to stand by a friend, partner, job or cause even long after it is time to move on.

Sixes are generally looking for something or someone to believe in. This, combined with their general suspiciousness, gives rise to a complicated relationship to authority. The side of the Six which is looking for something to believe in, is often very susceptible to the temptation to turn authority over to an external source, whether it be in the form of an individual or a creed. But the Six's tendency towards distrust and suspicion works against any sort of faith in authority. Thus, two opposite pulls exist side by side in the personality of enneatype Six, and assume different proportions in different individuals, sometimes alternating within the same individual.

The truly confounding element when it comes to typing Sixes is that there are two fundamentally different strategies that Sixes adopt for dealing with fear. Some Sixes are basically phobic. Phobic Sixes are generally compliant, affiliative and cooperative. Other Sixes adopt the opposite strategy of dealing with fear, and become counterphobic, essentially taking a defiant stand against whatever they find threatening. This is the Six who takes on authority or who adopts a dare devil attitude towards physical danger. Counterphobic Sixes can be agressive and, rather than looking for authorities, can adopt a rebellious or anti-authoritarian demeanor. Counterphobic Sixes are often unaware of the fear that motivates their actions. In fact, Sixes in general, tend to be blind to the extent of their own anxiety. Because it is the constant back drop to all of their emotions, Sixes are frequently unaware of its existence, as they have nothing with which to contrast it.

Because Sixes so frequently fail to appreciate the extent of their own fear, they often mistype themselves. It is common for instance, for female Sixes to mistype as Twos, especially if they are identified with a helper role, but Sixes have a much more ambivalent attitude towards relationships than do Twos, who generally know exactly what they want. Sixes, failing to recognize their anxiety, can mistype as Nines, but Nines have the ability to relax and to trust in others, neither of which come easily to Sixes. Sixes can mistype as Fours, especially if they have artistic inclinations, but they lack the Four's self-absorption. They can mistype as Fives, especially if they are intellectual, as many Sixes are, but unlike Fives, Sixes tend to be practical. Finally, conterphobic Sixes can easily mistype as Eights, but they lack the Eight's self-certainty.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm 1 sp/so/sx

--dull, but great at things!
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    i'm 1 sp/so/sx

--dull, but great at things!
    sp/sx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh, i thought you organized the variances by preference, and included each. I understand now.
    asd

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    Thankfully it was a short test. I also prefer the ones, like this, that have a range instead of an either-or.
    I'm with you!

The description given has been the best I've read yet from Enneagram sites. Unfortunately, everything it talks about is talking about my responses developed due to the extensive abusive situation of my childhood/teen years and thus resulting responses to similarities of that situation. In other words, it's a nurture thing, not a nature thing.
    That's my problem with Enneagram as well. It seems like it's the "in what way were you fucked up as a kid" type theory. All of the descriptions are based on avoidance of fears or insecurities. At least that's what it sounds like to me. The only thing that seems like it could be inborn are the varients.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not my results, and I can't see the person who took it doing that purposefully.
    well, i was just saying "you" because you said "your." I was assuming you meant it impersonally.

anyway, it seems like many people have no idea who they are, and even less so after studying personality theory. i guess it's possible to get such results if, for example, a person was harshly criticized and labeled as a slacker by domineering parents even though in reality he was conscientious and perfectionistic. So, he becomes an apathetic slacker, forgets his perfectionist roots, and years later, takes an enneagram test which reveals that he's a slacker, yet hmmph, he's surrounded by perfectionists. i wonder.

depression/generally feeling fucked up can lead to these types of results, i imagine. tell your friend to go to therapy. (jk)

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that seems like it could be inborn are the varients.
    The sx/sp varient have been the only thing that's ever fit all aspects of my life...and the only part of enneagram I've ever felt was useful.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's my proble with Enneagram as well. It seems like it's the "in what way were you fucked up as a kid" type theory. All of the descriptions are based on avoidance of fears or insecurities. At least that's what it sounds like to me. The only thing that seems like it could be inborn are the varients.
    Not the 7 one, of course

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    That's my proble with Enneagram as well. It seems like it's the "in what way were you fucked up as a kid" type theory. All of the descriptions are based on avoidance of fears or insecurities. At least that's what it sounds like to me. The only thing that seems like it could be inborn are the varients.
    Not the 7 one, of course

So 7's like... the type for people who who didn't have overbearing, hypercritical, abusive, or neglectful parents or an otherwise traumatic childhood?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa
    well, i was just saying "you" because you said "your." I was assuming you meant it impersonally.

anyway, it seems like many people have no idea who they are, and even less so after studying personality theory. i guess it's possible to get such results if, for example, a person was harshly criticized and labeled as a slacker by domineering parents even though in reality he was conscientious and perfectionistic. So, he becomes an apathetic slacker, forgets his perfectionist roots, and years later, takes an enneagram test which reveals that he's a slacker, yet hmmph, he's surrounded by perfectionists. i wonder.

depression/generally feeling fucked up can lead to these types of results, i imagine. tell your friend to go to therapy. (jk)
    I think the score was just 1 because this person is IJ. *shrugs*

I very much agree with you, btw. Recently I've come to realize how horrible introspective is for me. When I start thinking about my type (any type theory), I end up feeling like shit all day. There's the "me" that I identify with in a positive way, the "me" I feel guilty for being and don't feel is my natural self, and the "me" various people or groups of people have seen me as (different depending on the group or person). I have no idea how to answer most questions on tests like this because there are so many that could easily go either way, or neither way. A list of questions that are difficult (and sometimes impossible) to answer:

accepting perfectionistic

tolerant critical

rule breaking rule abiding

teams and groups person individualistic

ignoring feelings go by feelings

obtrusive shy

easily distracted diligent

dispassionate passionate

go towards people withdraw from people

uncritical meticulous

leave people to their own devices help people

aloof warm

not sociable sociable

open reserved

even tempered temperamental

suspicious trusting

low energy energetic

private open

stingy generous

pragmatic idealistic

not competitive competitive

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    The only thing that seems like it could be inborn are the varients.
    The sx/sp varient have been the only thing that's ever fit all aspects of my life...and the only part of enneagram I've ever felt was useful.
    Same here.
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would've said that the variants are the most changeable part of the theory. Each Enneagram type is a perspective on reality; variants are just arbitrary tendencies.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the score was just 1 because this person is IJ. *shrugs*

I very much agree with you, btw. Recently I've come to realize how horrible introspective is for me. When I start thinking about my type (any type theory), I end up feeling like shit all day. There's the "me" that I identify with in a positive way, the "me" I feel guilty for being and don't feel is my natural self, and the "me" various people or groups of people have seen me as (different depending on the group or person). I have no idea how to answer most questions on tests like this because there are so many that could easily go either way, or neither way. A list of questions that are difficult (and sometimes impossible) to answer:

accepting perfectionistic

tolerant critical

rule breaking rule abiding

teams and groups person individualistic

ignoring feelings go by feelings

obtrusive shy

easily distracted diligent

dispassionate passionate

go towards people withdraw from people

uncritical meticulous

leave people to their own devices help people

aloof warm

not sociable sociable

open reserved

even tempered temperamental

suspicious trusting

low energy energetic

private open

stingy generous

pragmatic idealistic

not competitive competitive
    Yes, I know what you mean. I compartmentalize myself with ease. I can be either, neither, or both of each half of many of the pairs you listed, depending on a few factors. sometimes it is my awareness of having a particular job to do that makes me one way or another. often it is an awareness of what would allow me to connect to or disconnect from a person. sometimes it is just plain indecisiveness or simply not caring one way or another. i am quite the stoner-type to be honest with you, and prefer to live my private life as such. at work, i am an overachiever -- never missed a day of work, go above and beyond, and make myself able to work with most people, even those i cannot stand. i have gained an excellent reputation. all for the sake of work. is it my preference to be such a hard worker and to bite my tongue on a regular basis? not at all, and i know it's not because of how exhausted i feel from doing it on a regular basis. however, i do see myself in my work role in that i do tend towards an all or nothing mentality. i also have had an enduring habit of segregating my friends from each other. i do not like to mix friendships because i am aware of playing a different role in each, and know that i'd likely be unrecognizable to one friend if in the other friend's company. really, it's not a matter of being dishonest. it's just a matter of functioning. i think it's natural for some of the "dichotomies" to not seem mutually exclusive, and of course they are not objectively so. so, it is hard to judge whether or not you are more a or z when you know very well that the somewhere around m is where you need to stay to be ready to function at any moment. as far as the test is concerned, it is not too bad, but i think that the spectrum of choices may make it easier to test as a chameleon. i usually go with the choice which makes me feel least exhausted or stressed, regardless of how often i may be required to operate differently.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i usually go with the choice which makes me feel least exhausted or stressed, regardless of how often i may be required to operate differently.
    Good idea.

I tend to change dependent upon my level of stress, level of physical and mental wellness, how much I care about what I'm doing, the people involved, my age (I was more emotionally expressive with my family when I was a teenager than I've ever been before or after... what's typical though I think), who I was with (I even tried to use medication to make a relationship work because I thought there was something wrong with me for being unable to be a good ESFj ), and how much I was drinking (and smoking weed) at the time.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i usually go with the choice which makes me feel least exhausted or stressed, regardless of how often i may be required to operate differently.
    Good idea.

I tend to change dependent upon my level of stress, level of physical and mental wellness, how much I care about what I'm doing, the people involved, my age (I was more emotionally expressive with my family when I was a teenager than I've ever been before or after... what's typical though I think), who I was with (I even tried to use medication to make a relationship work because I thought there was something wrong with me for being unable to be a good ESFj ), and how much I was drinking (and smoking weed) at the time.
    And I think that simply means you are acutely aware of the paradox in which we live. The dilemma, I suppose, is that greater awareness of the paradox will only lead to more fragmentation of the self, that is, if you choose to actually function in the world rather than indulge constant fantasy or death.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And don't forget the different levels of development within each type which can also add a bit to the confusion, imo.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/DevelopmentLevels.asp
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are most likely a type 1 (the Reformer) with 9 wing

Sexual variant

Type 1 SX
    Type 8 SP
    Type 5 SO
    Type 3 SP
    Type 9 SP
    Type 6 SP
    Type 4 SP
    Type 7 SO
    Type 2 SP
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not gonna lie; I cheated. I got 3w4 SX on this test. But in reality (by self knowledge and test) Im 4w3.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This explains it all: you're EII!

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about it?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are most likely a type 7 (the Enthusiast) with 6 wing

Sexual variant

Type 7 SX
    Type 2 SO
    Type 9 SX
    Type 3 SO
    Type 6 SX
    Type 8 SO
    Type 4 SX
    Type 1 SX
    Type 5 SX

Haa. Sexual variant really fits.

Sexual variant

People of the sexual variant are very much interested in one to one contacts. They are looking for intimacy and this may show in sexuality, though not necessarily. Being in a relationship is very important to them. They are the most passionate of the subtypes, being temperamental and having more energy. They have less of a problem with getting into a fight and care less about rules and responsibility.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5w6.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    5w6.
    your quote is darling. <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are most likely a type 2 (the Helper) with 3 wing

Sexual variant

Type 2 SX
    Type 3 SX
    Type 7 SO
    Type 1 SO
    Type 4 SX
    Type 8 SX
    Type 6 SX
    Type 9 SX
    Type 5 SO

uh... okay.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are most likely a type 4 (the Individualist) with 5 wing

Self-preservation variant

Type 4 SP
    Type 9 SX
    Type 6 SO
    Type 5 SP
    Type 7 SO
    Type 2 SP
    Type 1 SP
    Type 3 SX
    Type 8 SP

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea.

Okay, I took it again, this time following your advice and also thinking back to the healthiest periods of my life. The first results are my original results, the second results are my "healthiest and most natural" results.

Funny how 2 and 5 traded places.
    SEE

Creepy-bg

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. You'd think with 1 being so low and 6 and 5 (and even 4) being so high they'd call you a 6w5. Do you think 9 fits you?
    SEE

Creepy-bg

Interesting. You'd think with 1 being so low and 6 and 5 (and even 4) being so high they'd call you a 6w5. Do you think 9 fits you?
    9>4>5,6>everything else by those descriptions.

1 more than 8 but neither is me really at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast