Thread: Hey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey...

One day I came upon some terms I was unfamiliar with, namely Anima, Animus, ego, super-ego, etc. So out of curiosity I looked up the definitions in a dictionary and after finding the explanations to be somewhat vague, I started to do some in-depth research. I found online resources, a few books at a couple of the local libraries that satisfied my curiosity to a certain extent. One of the online resources made references to MBTI. I researched that a little bit and found that the psychological profiles were a little lacking, always referring to each personalities' positive characteristics while only touching on negative aspects here and there. I learned about Socionics which was similar but had a much more satisfactory depth to it. At some point I came across this forum after about 3 months of casual research and thought that this might be a good way to learn a bit more about my personality through some outside, neutral perception. I am relatively convinced that I am an INTJ, but I want some certainty and as I see it, the hardest person to honestly judge is yourself. Anybody care to help out?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if you've already read about the relationships descriptions, but it may be possible to confirm your type by looking at your relationships with other types.

That's how I confirmed myself to be an INTP.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang out for a bit, and as you interact with other members, your type will become more apparent. Sometimes pics help, but they don't offer any definitive answers. Tests don't help much at all, imo.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I went into it not expecting the tests to amount to much, they're a little too static as far as I'm concerned when it comes to evaluating an individual's psychological profile. Thanks for the advice.