Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: THE SOCIONICS REALITY TV SHOW!

  1. #1
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default THE SOCIONICS REALITY TV SHOW!

    WOULDN'T THIS BE SO COOL GUYS?

    ;D

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    994
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Put 16 people in the Big Brother house, and make sure you have one of each type?

    But... don't tell people that that's what you're doing, and only tell the audience once all the contestants are inside.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

    "When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

  3. #3
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've brought this up before, except I said a male and a female of each type. And that they wouldn't know how they were chosen or the point of the show.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  4. #4
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, that would be extremely interesting.

    What we'd see is the 4 Gamma types becoming somewhat isolated, with the possible exception of the ESFp who however would be resented by the Alphas and Betas; the Deltas getting on more or less with everyone except with the "louder" Betas. The Alphas and Betas would quickly band together to kick the Gammas out, they'd be the first (if the inhabitants could vote, not the public; although the general public would probably kick the Gammas out first, too, except perhaps the ESFp).

    The next to be kicked out would be the Deltas; the Alpha-Beta moments would depend on the precise personalities of those remaining. The INFp would be one of the last to be kicked out by the others.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  5. #5
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Yes, that would be extremely interesting.

    What we'd see is the 4 Gamma types becoming somewhat isolated, with the possible exception of the ESFp who however would be resented by the Alphas and Betas; the Deltas getting on more or less with everyone except with the "louder" Betas. The Alphas and Betas would quickly band together to kick the Gammas out, they'd be the first (if the inhabitants could vote, not the public; although the general public would probably kick the Gammas out first, too, except perhaps the ESFp).

    The next to be kicked out would be the Deltas; the Alpha-Beta moments would depend on the precise personalities of those remaining. The INFp would be one of the last to be kicked out by the others.
    Yes, because we are all out to get those poor Gammas.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  6. #6
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Yes, because we are all out to get those poor Gammas.

    The fact that you interpreted it that way is already a huge demonstration of different quadra values.

    I did not mean it as in "poor little us Gammas" at all, in fact, if anything, it was a boast.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  7. #7
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Yes, because we are all out to get those poor Gammas.

    The fact that you interpreted it that way is already a huge demonstration of different quadra values.

    I did not mean it as in "poor little us Gammas" at all, in fact, if anything, it was a boast.
    Interesting, because it seemed that you were playing-up to the "victim" dichotomy.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  8. #8
    Stormy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Herts, UK
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Yes, because we are all out to get those poor Gammas.

    The fact that you interpreted it that way is already a huge demonstration of different quadra values.

    I did not mean it as in "poor little us Gammas" at all, in fact, if anything, it was a boast.
    Gammas want to be isolated?
    [Stormy] [LII]

  9. #9
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy

    Gammas want to be isolated?
    Not as a purpose in itself. But in any situation as such of a reality show with people having to get along not to be kicked out, they will even be happy to be kicked out rather than "sell out".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  10. #10
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i agree that the infp would be the sole survivor. but i disagree that the alphas and betas would gang up on the gammas. to me, it's the gammas that run everything.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  11. #11
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    to me, it's the gammas that run everything.
    Not in the specific situation of a Big-Brother like reality show, I don't think so.

    EDIT: the point I'm making is that it's a situation that is ideal for Alpha-Beta group behavior, with Deltas somewhat better able to integrate, with Gammas the least likely to fit in.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  12. #12
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormy

    Gammas want to be isolated?
    Not as a purpose in itself. But in any situation as such of a reality show with people having to get along not to be kicked out, they will even be happy to be kicked out rather than "sell out".
    But would it be solely the Gammas which exhibit such behavior? I could potentially see the Alphas doing that but for different reasons.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  13. #13
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by diamond8
    to me, it's the gammas that run everything.
    Not in the specific situation of a Big-Brother like reality show, I don't think so.

    EDIT: the point I'm making is that it's a situation that is ideal for Alpha-Beta group behavior, with Deltas somewhat better able to integrate, with Gammas the least likely to fit in.
    care to comment on what if it was "Survivor" instead?

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  14. #14
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would be interesting to see what activities the quadras excel in. Would also be very interesting for testing socionic theory in real life, which of course is the most common criticism. No matter what the task though, each quadra has their own function strengths to excel in. Whatever team does the worst gets one person kicked out in their quadra, maybe do it that way. And because of this, maybe it is better to have 32 people total (that's kind of a lot but...) A male and female of each type.

    That makes sense, 32 episodes in a season, one person getting kicked out at the end of every episode? (whatever quadra did the shittiest or just other factors) I'm sure there are much better ways to do it though.

    If a quadra starts getting really imbalanced, there are 'handicaps' of course, but they can still mess things up.

  15. #15
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Also, you should know who is in your quadra. But you will have NO IDEA who is your Dual, Mirror, Identical and Activity, that is up for you and the viewers to discover.

    IS JENNIFER JUSTIN'S DUAL, OR JUST HIS MIRROR!? VOTE NOW.....

    lol

  16. #16
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    Also, you should know who is in your quadra. But you will have NO IDEA who is your Dual, Mirror, Identical and Activity, that is up for you and the viewers to discover.

    IS JENNIFER JUSTIN'S DUAL, OR JUST HIS MIRROR!? VOTE NOW.....

    lol
    lol that's hilarious...hahahaha....the socionics game. advance to the whirlpool of gamma Fi....prepare to be read the riot act.....bwahahahaha

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lol I'd need a social "handicap".... except that I think the concept of voting based on popularity is a waste of human mental capacity and would not desire to hang around such a place where I have been voted off but some rule said I get to stay in favor of a more "popular" person leaving.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    lol I'd need a social "handicap".... except that I think the concept of voting based on popularity is a waste of human mental capacity and would not desire to hang around such a place where I have been voted off but some rule said I get to stay in favor of a more "popular" person leaving.
    lol that's funny...i'd prolly be voted off kinda early. my Fi polr is way too obnoxious!!! hahahaha

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    994
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Put a load of identicals into a house and see what happens. :-D
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

    "When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

  20. #20
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So the "Token Black Guy" would probably become the "Token ISTp Guy" or something along those lines?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    talking about this is annoying since it's not happening.

  22. #22
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,612
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves
    Also, you should know who is in your quadra. But you will have NO IDEA who is your Dual, Mirror, Identical and Activity, that is up for you and the viewers to discover.

    IS JENNIFER JUSTIN'S DUAL, OR JUST HIS MIRROR!? VOTE NOW.....

    lol
    I think if you know their quadra, the types would be easy to guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    Put a load of identicals into a house and see what happens. :-D
    Now THAT would suck. Much better if it was a work situation, like on a team.

  23. #23
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Yes, that would be extremely interesting.

    What we'd see is the 4 Gamma types becoming somewhat isolated, with the possible exception of the ESFp who however would be resented by the Alphas and Betas; the Deltas getting on more or less with everyone except with the "louder" Betas. The Alphas and Betas would quickly band together to kick the Gammas out, they'd be the first (if the inhabitants could vote, not the public; although the general public would probably kick the Gammas out first, too, except perhaps the ESFp).

    The next to be kicked out would be the Deltas; the Alpha-Beta moments would depend on the precise personalities of those remaining. The INFp would be one of the last to be kicked out by the others.
    A little...paranoid, are we?

    Both ENTxs would be kicked off promptly because with every type represented, we would be the quickest to inadvertently get on someone's nerves

    I imagine a good number of the types would follow suit, just because they generally tend to be the most likely to be involved in controversy, and I think if there is one type up there to get voted off, most of the Si/Ne Quadra types are going to vote against him/her, and given that, being prone to conflict, some of the Se types are probably going to be conflicting with one another, some of them will probably want to vote the others off as well.

    So I think we end up with a largely Alpha/Delta crowd (assuming that my theory of Se self-destruction prevails ), in which case I think the Deltas probably take the cake just for the sheer fact that they are Aristocrats, and a team is always stronger than a bunch of individuals (not to mention the fact that the Alphas are already down 1 member, although ILEs wouldn't be of much use against Deltans )

    Among the Deltans, IEEs would probably be first to go, just because, well, I think we all know why Given this, we have 2 rationals to 1 rational, so the irrational is out. Between the EII and the LSE...well...it depends on what kind of Reality show it is
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

    Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •